The Official RPM E3 2012 Discussion Thread - The Next Generation Begins Here

Jericho · 25493

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
RayStorm on iOS? Great, another (most likely) over-priced Taito shoot 'em up with most likely little substance to back the price tag up, as if a $15 RayStorm HD (and that price hasn't dropped at all) on XBLA and PSN and a $12 unenhanced RayForce iOS wasn't bad enough already. If the iOS version of RayStorm goes for more than $15, I want RayForce and RayCrisis HD on consoles, dammit! X(

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Man, what a boring 3DS conference...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
...Well the 3DS conference was a complete disappointment when it comes to actual news.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Anybody mind giving a summary? Not everybody watched it.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
All they did was showing games we already knew about. No secret or new IP whatsoever. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Anybody mind giving a summary? Not everybody watched it.

Well, I watched maybe the last half of the conference.

- Epic Mickey 3DS gameplay looks... decent I guess. It seems they're trying to be retro because of the older Mickey Mouse game. But it looks sloppy in my eyes.

- New trailer for KH3D. More footage is always good, even if it is virtually the same [parasitic bomb] thrown at us the past month. I want to see new cutscenes.

- Paper Mario: Sticker Star was probably the best showing. But it was still a lackluster presentation, showing 95% of what we've already seen.

- New Super Mario Bros. 2. Barely looks better than NSMB.DS graphically, but it does look fun. Now you can play with a buddy through the entire Single Player campaign, with some Street Pass stuff thrown in.

That's all of what I saw, I'm not sure about before that. The presentor was boring as [parasitic bomb], and nothing he said was all that appealing. Overall, we could've went without this conference, no harm done.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Before that was Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate with footage.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
"Fire Emblem 3DS is coming to America, Reggie just told me."

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...53611237863424

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/210553654393044992

"Reggie just confirmed to us that Fire Emblem Awakening is coming to the United States. ‪#E3NVC‬"

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/st...55280436629504

"Reggie Fils-Aime just told me and Jason that the new Fire Emblem for 3DS is coming to America."

...They need to fire whoever planned this year's conferences.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile

"Reggie just confirmed to us that Fire Emblem Awakening is coming to the United States. ‪#E3NVC‬"

"Reggie Fils-Aime just told me and Jason that the new Fire Emblem for 3DS is coming to America."

I haven't seen E3, but it didn't seem... what's the word, interesting or exciting than it should be. I mean, I expected to see a lot of showcasing of new games and such, with gameplay footage... not a slideshow.

There were some intriguing bits, but nothing really hooking me into the games. Don't Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony hear the people complainants? Don't they want to improve their performance and get attention to their games? I mean Wii U is cool and everything (with someone mention the "U" stands for Unique since the Satoru Iwata (that's his name, right?) keep on saying "unique" throughout the conference on Wii U) and ZombiU is something I like to get, but didn't they show Aliens: Colonial Marines on it as well?

I would've loved to see that!

Another lackluster showing I guess. When was the LAST amazing E3 we previous had that got people excited?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Oh look, yet another Mario platformer. Thrilling! Not to say it or it's predecessors were bad, of course, but ... eh. Time for something new. Like Pikmin 3! Fancy that.

The most interesting parts of E3 for me:

The Last of Us,
Dishonored,
Dragon Commander,
TANK! TANK! TANK!,
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes,
Star Wars 1313,
Watch Dog,
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (THE RABBIT LOOKS LIKE MAX I LOVE IT SO MUCH!),
and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (but we all knew about this game already).

Not the greatest lineup of games, but nevertheless ones that I'd definitely want to play. Best part about it is 6 out of the 9 are coming to PC, while the rest are PS3 games with the exception of the Wii U port of TANK! TANK! TANK!.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Another upcoming game that SHOULD have been there is... Anarchy Reigns.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
I guess the show wasn't "bad" in terms of its content, but it was a bit mediocre in that the most exciting stuff was generally what we already knew about.  In Big N's camp, Raccoon Mario got the biggest applause that I recall.  The biggest "reveal" they had was the WiiU hardware itself; no software grabbed quite as much attention as last year's non-playable Zelda video.

The legitimate claim was made that Ubisoft was a bigger winner of E3 2012 than any of the big three console makers.  I don't even follow their games outside of Rabbids and even I had to take notice; they had a lot of crap to share.  Crap that gamers who actually follow them care about.  Crap that passers-by cannot ignore.

Very much agreed.  How in the blue hell do they have a pre-E3 broadcast and THREE conferences and not mention Fire Emblem?

That's the kind of news that most definitely should have been in.  ESPECIALLY given that Big N laxed on FE12; many a core Nintendo fan NEEDED to hear that.

When was the LAST amazing E3 we previous had that got people excited?
Again, 2010, if you were a Nintendo fan.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/6/16/

Before that?  For the other camps?  I don't know.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So I was just going through the videos available on the eShop yesterday.

NSMB2... doesn't actually look that bad. I like the idea of obsessive coin collection (Though it appears to be the same world types again, for fucks sake), kinda like Sonic and rings lately.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star looks fun, I like how they get creative with the world and actually make it like a giant craft, RPG battles returning again is awesome too, shame there doesn't appear to be any partners.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon looks intresting, I never played the original (Though now I have it, so I can give it a try.) but i'm still pretty psyched.

NSMBU... Flying Squirrel Shroom looks okay, game sort of resembles SMW more than SMB3, what with the Yoshi carrying, but the "Bah-Bah" crap returns in full force. Doesn't help that the music sounds so uninspired, and again, same world types as the last two.

Pikmin 3, Hype, Rock Pikmin look neat, though I didn't see Purple or White. I saw three different players, two of them must be Olimar and Louie, but who is the third? Perfect timing on Nintendo's part to finally release Pikmin 2's Wii Port in the states as well.

Other than that, not much really enticing me with the selection they put up (Arkham City? Great that its on a Nintendo Console but why did it get so much exposure its been out for other consoles since last year, Just Dance? More Casual-Pandering shovelware, ME3? Why even bother if you don't release the previous two on Nintendo Hardware as well, not everybody owned a [tornado fang]ing Xbox to play the other two. Besides who the [tornado fang] thought it was a good idea to give E3 Exposure to an already-released game again? Rayman sounds great but I want to play Origins on a Console before I look at Legends.)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
As far as "who had the most cool games", it seems to have been all over the place, but I suppose between Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs, Ubisoft wins this one. That being said, here's some more games I found out about just now:

From XSEED, a "punishingly" hardcore handheld RPG by the name of Unchained Blades, involving four chapters each with a different set of rather interesting heroes, like a medusa who wants to remove the curse of her snake-hair. This one is for every handheld, and it's a downloadable: DS, 3DS, PS Vita, and PSP. I'm game. The dungeon-crawling and random battles are both first-person, like the Wizardry games, so that ought to be interesting. Also the soundtrack evidently rocks some socks.

From Nintendo, here's another game I wonder why they didn't include in the announcement: Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I played the first two Paper Marios, and while I didn't love them as much as I do Super Mario RPG, they were pretty cool. I skipped out on Super Paper Mario for lack of interest, so I've got little reason to gape at this one.

And from TopWare, the guys behind the Two Worlds games, have a new survival horror game with religious symbols: Sacrilegium. My guess is this'll be something like Resident Evil, but then I hope I'm proven wrong, or I might be less interested in this game. Nothing against Resi Evil, but we seem to have quite a lot of them and Silent Hill around these days.

Oh, and get ready for the Limited Edition of The Last Story, guys. Here's your chance!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hawken looks sick from what I'm seeing at G4TV's feed at E3. This indie first-person mech shooter that's gonna be also free-to-play, though I'm not that good at competitive FPS games, but I'll keep my eye on this one.

Quantum Conundrum, a game by one of the designers of Portal, is finally letting us think with dimentions.

I'm also hoping for Ni no Kuni to turn out to be a good RPG game, even though I have no PS3 or 3DS to play it. I always like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery Service (though I haven't seen Kiki and Mononoke since I was a kid), so I hope Ni no Kuni will feel like playing into a Hayao Miyazaki movie. That reminds me, I need to see NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind sometime...

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Pikmin 3, Hype, Rock Pikmin look neat, though I didn't see Purple or White. I saw three different players, two of them must be Olimar and Louie, but who is the third? Perfect timing on Nintendo's part to finally release Pikmin 2's Wii Port in the states as well.
They said that wasn't Olimar but someone else, Olimar isn't in there for some reason.  There's supposed to be 4 captains in this game though I only saw 3.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
They said that wasn't Olimar but someone else, Olimar isn't in there for some reason.  There's supposed to be 4 captains in this game though I only saw 3.

Aww, thats a shame. Olimar is like the main character (Besides the Pikmin, of course).

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Aww, thats a shame. Olimar is like the main character (Besides the Pikmin, of course).
They said there's a reason, something must of happened to him.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Hawken looks sick from what I'm seeing at G4TV's feed at E3. This indie first-person mech shooter that's gonna be also free-to-play, though I'm not that good at competitive FPS games, but I'll keep my eye on this one.

Quantum Conundrum, a game by one of the designers of Portal, is finally letting us think with dimentions.

[parasitic bomb], I remember Hawken. I didn't know it showed on E3. It's like Mechwarrior, but with more action and grafficz.

Quantum Conundrum looks made for fans of Portal. I'm game. Not sure what's up with the furry git, but I'm down with him too.

I'm also hoping for Ni no Kuni to turn out to be a good RPG game, even though I have no PS3 or 3DS to play it. I always like Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery Service (though I haven't seen Kiki and Mononoke since I was a kid), so I hope Ni no Kuni will feel like playing into a Hayao Miyazaki movie. That reminds me, I need to see NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind sometime...

Highly recommended. I think that's my favorite of his movies. The heroine character Nausicaa is simply inspiring.

Yeah, it looks like an amazingly promising game, if not for visuals alone. The game actually reminds me of Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland. Miyazaki did work on that film for a year, but left due to "creative differences" with the American half of production, citing it as the "worst experience" in his career.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
In case y'all didn't caught wind of this, Z.O.E. HD Collection will also have a demo for Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. In other worlds: It's 2001 all over again, but now with TWO mecha-action games also from Kojima (that some might ignore because of MGR's demo) remastered in glorious HD. 8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
So not only did Nintendo neglect to mention Fire Emblem Awakening coming to the west, they ALSO forgot to tell us that the Koopalings are returning in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-the-koopalings-return-in-new-super-mario-bros-2

Seriously, whoever planned those presentations blew it big time.  

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
So not only did Nintendo neglect to mention Fire Emblem Awakening coming to the west, they ALSO forgot to tell us that the Koopalings are returning in New Super Mario Bros. 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-the-koopalings-return-in-new-super-mario-bros-2

Seriously, whoever planned those presentations blew it big time.  

I don't take that as a huge surprise seeing as they were in NSMB Wii.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Perhaps not, but it is exactly the kind of info that the core Nintendo audience loves to eat up, something Nintendo wasn't serving a whole heck of a lot of at their presentations.  And even though it's not surprising, it wasn't a given, either (Koopalings were in Wii, but not in DS).

So seeings how 2 and U are in such close proximity to each other, do you figure this makes it likely that NSMBU will be rocking original bosses this time around?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Original bosses would make up for the Same level cliches again, but it wouldn't make up for the uninspired soundtrack.

The Wii U should have a custom soundtrack feature, better than the one the PS3 and 360 have by letting you have a drop down menu of music tracks from the game and letting you choose what to replace it with. JUST so people can be spared the Bah-Bah.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Original bosses would make up for the Same level cliches again, but it wouldn't make up for the uninspired soundtrack.

The Wii U should have a custom soundtrack feature, better than the one the PS3 and 360 have by letting you have a drop down menu of music tracks from the game and letting you choose what to replace it with. JUST so people can be spared the Bah-Bah.

Wait, the PS3 has a custom soundtrack feature?