Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #75 on: October 13, 2012, 11:18:58 AM
Solar, I'm sorry.
The following information comes from LATAMEL, the only official distributor for Nintendo products in Latin America.

Normal: $6,000 (466 USD)
Deluxe: $7,300 (565 USD)
Source

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 13, 2012, 05:32:00 PM
Holy hell how weak is the dollar in latin america?

Why is $400 almost $6000 there?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 01:42:18 AM
Holy hell how weak is the dollar in latin america?

Why is $400 almost $6000 there?

Poor economy? Their major export is probably coffee and their major import is kidnapping victims.

I have no idea. What I want to know is why none of them have bothered to learn Latin. This is Latin America, speak Latin.

PS: Do we know yet if the SD card slot supports SDXC? I'm assuming it supports SDHC.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 01:55:14 AM
Poor economy? Their major export is probably coffee and their major import is kidnapping victims.

I have no idea. What I want to know is why none of them have bothered to learn Latin. This is Latin America, speak Latin.

PS: Do we know yet if the SD card slot supports SDXC? I'm assuming it supports SDHC.
Why use SD cards? It supports any type of USB storage (even a 3TB external).

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 06:47:02 PM
That is what's up. About [tornado fang]ing time.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 07:38:32 PM

SD Cards are faster.
Also, "any"? It's more likely it supports the Mass Storage spec.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_mass_storage_device_class

If they were gonna let us use HDDs, I would have preferred eSATA or even a way to connect an internal SATA drive and maybe sell an enclosure for cosmetics.

Also, the SD card would be for different things than the HDD, not that I would not use a HDD just because I have an SSD.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #81 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:39 AM
Look, Reggie said any. I'm just going off of that.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #82 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:55 AM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190446

Tom Quinn has been coined as 'the man that invented the Wii'. He's the guy that really got the ball rolling on motion control. His pairing with Nintendo paved the way to the Wii, but did you know he reached out to both Sony and Microsoft first? Believe it or not, both companies turned him down. Below, you can see Quinn recounting his interactions with both companies.

"I pitched this motion control device to him and he loved it. He set me up with the Xbox team in Redmond [Washington] for a second pitch and I remember how incredibly excited I was about it. Things were happening so fast.

But the meeting went terribly. The attitude I got from them was that if they wanted to do motion control, they would do it themselves and make a better job of it. I mean, they were just rude. In fact, the meeting went so terribly that one of the executives came over to me afterwards and apologised on behalf of others. I remember him saying how this was not how Microsoft should be engaging with potential partners."

"I'll never forget that meeting at Sony. We were in a tiny little room with a big PC projector and Kutaragi comes in, introduces himself, sits down and - I swear this is true - he closed his eyes the moment I started showing my pitch. He never opened them until I had finished.

It was awkward, very awkward, but I still asked him for feedback and he said, 'well, can you produce this for 50 cents?' I laughed and explained that would be impossible, so again I left empty handed and, to be honest, that time it got to me. I felt pretty let down. You have to remember that Sony and Microsoft were by far the two biggest console manufacturers. Nintendo wasn't doing well and we hadn't thought much about them."

This is a small part of the unbelievable story of how the Wii came to be. Check out the full feature here.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/378029/features/revolution-the-story-of-wii/

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 05:06:33 AM
I wonder, though, even if they had bought up the tech, would Sony and/or Microsoft have gotten it "out there" as well as Nintendo did.

I mean, I'm on the outside looking in on this one, but the impression I get from Playstation Move and even Vita's touch panels is that Sony doesn't really drive the non-traditional tech the way that Nintendo does.  Beyond the "me too" nature of what they're doing in the first place, they tend to come up short in terms of software that actually uses it.  Big N didn't just decide to throw the hardware in, they lead by example in software (a little late on Motion Plus and nonexistant on Speak, sadly), and very few third party devs took initiative on their own (which turned out to be the Wii's curse).  In Sony's hands, the same hardware seems to evaporate.  Then there's also the "price of admission" factor in terms of how much each company traditionally sells their systems for.

As for Microsoft, I don't doubt they could have pulled it off stateside, but Japan is hell bent on rejecting whatever they do.

Look, Reggie said any. I'm just going off of that.
As I understand, any USB2.0 hard drive that the WiiU is able to format to its own special system.  In theory you could keep PC stuff as a separate disc partition.
Speaking of which, WiiU will not use SD cards for WiiU saves.  Just for Wii stuff.  Which will undoubtedly [acid burst] off people who enjoyed sharing save data.
And the WiiU's OS reportedly takes up about half the basic model's storage.
According to IGN, at least.

I find it very odd that Nintendo would include an SD port for seemingly nothing but backwards compatibility.  I mean, they've been keen on the SD card format since the GBA days, and you'd think with their unwillingness to include a hard drive with the system, they'd want to leave their options for memory expansion open.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 03:05:14 AM

Big games and saves are big.
Also seeing the potential of ISO distribution and custom firmware later on. ^^;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #86 on: November 17, 2012, 05:07:22 AM
Please don't tell me thats you, and u already own a Wii u before its released.... Though I wouldn't be surprised if that is. You seem to be well known for your excellent game plays and stuff for one thing.

Nice to see some more wii u stuff. :)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 05:30:17 AM
Not my images. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 05:45:11 AM
8GB for a game? If I weren't so aware of the problems with Dual Layer DVDs, I would ask if they planned on releasing some games as DVDs, much like the PS2 had CD-ROM games. Either way, when I do get one, it will definitely be the one with the highest internal storage. Unless I can run games from my SD card. It'd be really nice if I could load any game I bought physically from the SD or internal memory(Which is probably also SD).

I still want to see how much connectivity we can acheive with a Wii U Gamepad via Bluetooth on a PC or even mobile devices.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:44 AM
Few things new.

Day one update goes up tonight, update includes the Wii Menu (And Wii backwards compatibility), eShop, and most of the online features.

Nintendo TVii gets pushed back to december, Netflix will still be releasing on time and will become a part of TVii early next year.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 18, 2012, 05:12:00 AM
Also seeing the potential of ISO distribution and custom firmware later on. ^^;

Um guys, I wasn't kidding...

Like RMZX said, Wii backwards compatibility. Which means homebrew channel support.

Rich @RichIGN
This is Wii Mode. Pretty simple - with a Wii U Menu channel and Transfer channel. Note: your GamePad turns OFF. #WiiU http://pic.twitter.com/FieT7L7p

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 18, 2012, 05:28:06 AM
The save files have to be that big, it encompasses all the potential save files for the game for one user. Each user has their own save file for a game, and there may be an extra one for a system file. Games will vary in size, but for now they will be around 8 Gigs.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 12:25:46 AM
The lack of WiiU features in the "Wii mode" menu would suggest that it's pretty well isolated, but for some reason the system still requires you set up your Network ID before using it...

For those of you holding on to your Wii, the system transfer is all-or-nothing.  There seems to be no other way to migrate Miis into Wii mode's Mii Channel.  The Wii remote storage icon doesn't appear, and the 3DS and WiiU Mii Maker transfers are both outbound only.  You can copy 3DS Miis into the WiiU maker, though.

Also, seemingly every WiiU game requires a small update to communicate online.  The good news is, you can download said updates (and eShop games) while playing games at the same time.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 05:05:48 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 20, 2012, 12:38:44 AM
"Yoshi's Land Wii U"

...well, that just ruined the entire frikkin' library for me.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:23 AM
Can anyone confirm the extent of the usability of the Wii U Pro Controller and/or the Wii U Gamepad on a PC or Android device via USB or Bluetooth. Also, note what Bluetooth adapter you are using, or Android Device.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 20, 2012, 04:24:27 AM
Hahaha

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 20, 2012, 04:26:33 AM
Oh man I got so much out of that post, Ladd.

Anyway, tomorrow's the big day.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:27 PM
Maybe I should add more haha and a quote box and you won't be upset

Hahahahaha

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 20, 2012, 11:37:49 PM
I'm not upset, I got so much out of that post.

Anyway, got it hooked up, this update is taking a lifetime to download.