No.
13 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 03:33:55 AM
When it makes the experience better (sequence-breaking, double speed in Tooie, etc.), I always cheat.

Usually, though, I beat the game the first couple of times without any tricks, then I see what I can do to make things more exciting.

Unless it's Contra or something... then it's sort of backwards. Back in the day I used the Konami code and worked my way until I was good enough to beat the game without cheats.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 03:34:27 AM
in game exploits in the Metroid series

*CLUSH Bomb*

sequence breaking != cheating

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 03:35:20 AM
*CLUSH Bomb*

Well in that case, stricken from the record.  -u-'

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 06:56:43 AM
*CLUSH Bomb*

I don't follow that logic.  It was already decided that Warp Zones were cheats, how is sequence breaking any less a cheat than that?

Oh, and there is one instance besides just plain messing with the game where I find cheating acceptable: Mario Kart Wii, 150cc and Mirror GP.  I'm sorry, but when you get a PERFECT FREAKING SCORE OF 60 POINTS AND THE GAME STILL RANKS YOU AT A "B" GRADE, you are well within your rights to ram unlimited Starmans up the ass of every CPU player foolish enough to get anywhere NEAR in your way.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 07:01:39 AM
warps zones are less like cheats than sequence breaks are.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:06:13 AM
Let's see when I was little I cheated in a GBA Dragon Ball Z game, then I used that cheat code in Sonic Adventure 1 to get Tails.  Now I won't cheat unless it's Pokemon Pearl since I finished the game because I want unlimited Master Balls, Rare Candies and Vitamines dang it!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 07:07:58 AM
Which reminds me, everyone admit you used or at least tried to do the Missingno/Mew Truck/other randomness in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. XD

*Is guilty*

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10:57 AM
Which reminds me, everyone admit you used or at least tried to do the Missingno/Mew Truck/other randomness in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. XD

*Is guilty*

Due to not getting into the internet much when I was younger, I didn't even know of the Missingno/Mew trick. Instead, I just hacked a Bulbasaur for Mew. However, I didn't save because I was wise enough to know that such a thing might corrupt my game. Nearly did, too.  :\

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 07:12:13 AM
Yes, guilty.  I even tried the truck thing in Fire Red.  It's STILL there, and it STILL does absolutely nothing.

And who doesn't love MISSINGNO?  I remember fighting a team of five Level 255 Snorlax caught with that glitch, and I STILL won (obviously my opponent had no idea what she was doing; and I got one Horn Drill in).  Hell, I think everyone cheated in R/B/Y at some point.

Finally, as I've stated many times before, I bought an AR for GBA specifically to go with Pokemon Sapphire.  Why?  Because no way in hell am I playing a Pokemon game without my Dragonite.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 07:41:47 AM
I never cheated in R/B/Y.

Maybe you guys should consider not being morally bankrupt.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:14 AM
I cheated to get virus chips in MMBN, I use to cheat for Master Balls and Rare Candy in pokemon, I use to cheat for enemy magic in Seiken Densetsu 3 and money cheats for FFV. Other than that, I pretty much had to be irritated a thousand times by the sheer difficulty of a game before I actually beat it.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 01:05:55 PM
Moon Jumps and Character Swaps in Legends 1 and 2, anyone~? owo

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 02:21:36 PM
On a real hardware, no. On emulators, I was abusing quick-saves, to the point of saving every few seconds. Eventually I thought "[tornado fang] this [parasitic bomb]! I'm not so lame, If others can do all these things without help, I can do them too!". From that day, I use save states only when I have to finish playing, and on an in-game save screen (if I can, of course). What's more, I have a big document with all my HI-SCOREs, and other stuff - everything what was achieved with the help of quick-saves was deleted. Now this list isn't very impressive, but at least I'm proud of it.

Hell no. I was proud as [parasitic bomb] when I discovered these warps. Yes that's right, we used to discover secrets OURSELVES back in the day. And it felt AMAZING.
Nowadays it's just "check GameFAQs!"
I still remember the day when I finally cracked the sequence ("the Code") in Bowser's last castle. All those emotions, hot-blooded awesomeness... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It was one of the best days in my life.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 02:26:13 PM
Remember when you learned that the flutes in SMB3 could take you to World 8?

HOLY [parasitic bomb]!! I JUST SKIPPED THE ENTIRE GAME!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 03:27:07 PM

I still remember the day when I finally cracked the sequence ("the Code") in Bowser's last castle. All those emotions, hot-blooded awesomeness... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It was one of the best days in my life.

Goddamnit, [tornado fang] all of the new cinematic big production games, I still remember these moments and I have yet to re-experience them all these years later.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 03:28:39 PM

One of my most fond moments in gaming life! 0v0

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:15 PM
For those of us who've played it, what about finally beating the 6th dungeon boss in StarTropics 1? Memories like that are made instantly and last forever.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: December 14, 2008, 04:48:34 PM

Star Road.

So, where does THIS star take me?
*whew whew whew WHEW WHEW*
...HOMIGAWD, I'M AT BOWSER'S FRONT DOOR!!!

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008, 05:53:43 PM

Goddamnit, [tornado fang] all of the new cinematic big production games, I still remember these moments and I have yet to re-experience them all these years later.
I got you a better one.

Actually BEATING World 7 in Mario 3. Yes, World 7. With all its green mazes and labyrinths.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008, 06:02:07 PM
I got better.  Super Suit in Mario RPG.  Talk about the ultimate test of timing...

And of course, there's the ever infamous ActRaiser 2.  I don't think there's any other sidescroller that kicks the player's ass so badly without resorting to 1-hit-kills.  Beating that, my friends, is satisfying.

I never cheated in R/B/Y.

Maybe you guys should consider not being morally bankrupt.
Hey, it's after the game was cleared fair and square, so with all due respect, F*@#! you.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 14, 2008, 06:25:27 PM
I got you a better one.

Actually BEATING World 7 in Mario 3. Yes, World 7. With all its green mazes and labyrinths.

It was fun to beat it. ^^
The part I love is the piranha level where you must collect a Star all the way. The Mini Boss Castle with the lava and the Boos and Thwomps was alright too, but needed precise jumping to land at that last pipe before the boss. I enjoyed that World and can beat it again no sweat.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 14, 2008, 07:03:06 PM
I got better.  Super Suit in Mario RPG.  Talk about the ultimate test of timing...
Touché. It took me literally YEARS to manage to finally get the goddamn Super Suit. And then about two months after, my goddamn cartridge erases its memory. ;O;

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 14, 2008, 07:06:14 PM
I got you a better one.

PIPE WORLD!  0v0

God the memories. Vixy reminded me of one of the fun ones, namely the mad dash with the superstar, but I think the most memorable level for me was the swim in the lake with all the electrified jellyfish. I actually had to plan a route for that part of the level when I was younger. XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 12:51:13 AM
Hey, it's after the game was cleared fair and square, so with all due respect, F*@#! you.

Exactly the response I would expect from a dirty cheater.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 12:57:52 AM
Cheating is only wrong in a direct competition. If somebody, who worked for their success, loses to someone who [tornado fang]'d his was up, then it's [tornado fang]ing wrong.

If you use cheats for personal enjoyment, or to toy around with a game, then there's nothing bad about it.