VC's Artwork and Fanart Thread

VirusChris · 232207

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #500 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:31 PM
It's a cross between a Katana and a Broadsword, but it's either small or
big.

Eh... would have done something like this.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: May 24, 2010, 05:17:53 PM
It´s cool for sketching every once in a while.

Now, to be a bit more on-topic or going off-topic a lot further: Am I the only one who finds this a bit disturbing?

The face on the right doesn´t look bad though
well I though this looked like a pear's back and butt.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #502 on: May 25, 2010, 01:42:17 PM
NOW I SEE IT! O_O

And holy crap? Did Acid post a serious pic in this thread? Is the apocalypse coming so soon? D:

Looks good, Chris.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #503 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:21 PM
That is the back of the foot... should've done a little more detail there or added some toes.

Anyway here's a little surprise I did... nothing major just made this in Photoshop which took 30-40 minutes each drawing.

CG Eyes:

My first attempt at making CG-like Eyes!

Read more info here:
http://viruschris.deviantart.com/art/CG-Eyes-165385169

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:03 PM
I like them

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #505 on: May 26, 2010, 08:39:27 PM
Ooh, shineh!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #506 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:09 AM
*is lost in them*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #507 on: May 28, 2010, 09:01:08 AM
Not bad.  Though... 30-40 minutes?  Ah well, they are first tries and once you get a comfortable method down, you should be able to crank those out in no time flat.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: June 27, 2010, 04:58:14 PM
I know I'm late:

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: June 27, 2010, 04:59:41 PM
Hypnotizing. XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: July 04, 2010, 07:06:24 AM
Chibi TLH Chris:

It's been a while since my last drawing, right?

Well today I had the urge to draw a chibi of one of my original characters after seeing this cute chibi drawing style of the Fate/stay night characters in a YouTube video.

Well here it is! This is a Chibi form of my main character, Chris Aero, from my RPG project "The Legendary Heroes: A Journey Reborn". I did this all in pen, starting with the head, then hair, then torso, and finally the legs so I couldn't erase any mistakes even though so parts look off.

I've update his wardrobe a bit, giving the jacket a hood now but still keeping that black color, and I love how his Trident Hairstyle came out!

I really like how he came out! He's so cute and adorable that you want to hug him for a bit! ^_^

Tell me what you think, OK?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #511 on: July 04, 2010, 07:09:36 AM
I say stick to drawing chibis; it's easier to pull off, since there are less limbs and complicated stuff like that.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: July 04, 2010, 07:14:59 AM
But eventually I'll have to draw full bodies of characters to show their details, plus I plan on making a manga series one day so practice, practice, practice characters all different ways! :D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #513 on: July 04, 2010, 07:15:42 AM
*waits for Acid to enter the thread*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: July 04, 2010, 07:25:39 AM
Won't that mean Acid chibis?
... *drools*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: July 10, 2010, 08:12:18 AM

I've been working on re-making the old Chibi Chris Sprite to a new, better, version of itself and to update it to Chris' current look for my RPG project. I'll tell you one thing, Chris' Hair is so hard to sprite! It took me several tries to get it to look good in my eyes.

I've also changed some of the colors around to try to make my sprites look less... pillow-ly like. If you've seen my old Chibi Sprite here:

You can see the difference. What do you think?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #516 on: July 10, 2010, 08:36:11 AM
The hair is way out of proportion on both heads.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: July 10, 2010, 08:31:43 PM
Like I said, Chris' hair is bloody hard to sprite! If I make it smaller it looks weird, so I'm going with this until I can resolve this. I've also updated it after posting this, but I'm going to bed now. Night!

Posted on: July 10, 2010, 08:03:50 AM

What about this one? I made a Chibi Sprite based off of my drawing of Chibi TLH Chris. I think it looks good, but I think this type of sprite is good for some Side-View Battle System in my opinion. Also I've updating my other Chibi sprite of earlier too, so I hope it looks better!

And I added in some different eye expressions for this time of art style of mine.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #518 on: July 10, 2010, 08:36:22 PM
..Do I HAVE to do this? Look, I can offer you ONE Chris-tan sprite, and you can work with it from there. Just bitching and moaning how difficult it is to SPRITE HAIR isin't gonna help. >.<;

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #519 on: July 10, 2010, 08:48:46 PM
Huh? I mean, sure, it's hard to sprite the hair but I'm still going to do and fix it up as many times as I have to. I did complain but I'm not going to do nothing about it! Though that Chris-tan sprite sounds very intriguing, can you please make me it Gaia?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #520 on: July 10, 2010, 09:04:33 PM
Chris-tan is basically, Chris. I just referred him out of a way I have. But right now, I'm working on a Needleman. :P

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: July 10, 2010, 09:05:50 PM
OK, I'll wait. Until then I'll work on some of my other game related stuff.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #522 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:43 PM
okay, so i caught up with the last page of this thread. i'm willing to be nice here since everyone draws differently, but i have a few questions and comments.

>this is not very relevant, because it's old news. but why exactly "virakin"? is it a pun on being akin to a virus? help me out here.

>your "cg eyes" thing ain't bad. but i think you need to spend several hours doing something i like to call "brute force art training", which is basically making a huge canvas on whatever art program your using or grabbing a couple of pieces of paper, and drawing the same thing over and over and over in different forms. it's basically the only way to get good at drawing a specific body part or object, or doing so a specific way. try this on paper first, since you seem to me like you're more in your element in traditional media. pick a few of your characters, and draw nothing but their eyes over and over on each sheet of paper. then get some more paper, and choose another feature from each of those characters. it probably won't end up pretty or organized, but you'll legitimately learn from it. someone probably told you about this kind of technique though, but whatever. it's worth hearing twice. if you haven't done this before, it can take anywhere from an hour to five hours.

>your chris sprites aren't bad, but the whole spriting his hair thing isn't working out not just because of the way his hair is, but because you're simplifying every other part of the character. tiny body, tiny clothes, tiny head.... giant hair. it doesn't work. i'm not a spriter, but if i were one what i would do is draw a couple of overhead shots of my character, and then scale it down using a photo editor, and take a look at how i could translate that into a sprite. if we can't come up with a way to proportionately stylize and shrink a character by ourselves, we always have the scale tool and our original sketches. i don't know, just a thought.

>the chibi drawing. i know it's supposed to be cutesy and stylized, but the way this was done really bothers me. i don't know, call me biased. look here:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2273/2091633031_60a96d5ddb.jpg
in most "chibi" drawings i've seen, the choices in what was widened out and what wasn't in the body balances out how ~[tornado fang]ing huge~ they decided to draw the character's head. what they usually do is widen the midsection and thin out the lower legs and feet as well as the lower arms and hands. however, you seem to have done the opposite. big goofy circle hands, big womba feet. plus, i think you need to do a little practicing with drawing clothing folds. the way his jeans are kind of just.. floating over those womba feet bothers me. if they were resting over his shoes, there would be clothing folds where gravity was taking place. i don't know if this makes any sense to you, because now i'm not starting to make much sense to myself. but i hope you get my point.

>have you ever done a straight up cast list? like, an image of everyone in your story with a little box of information underneath them squeeshed into one large image? i think it could benefit you and help sort things out more.

squemp

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: August 08, 2010, 07:33:13 AM
Answering ka-shaymin's comments:

1) Virakin has a few meaning, which one of them is called "Children of the Virus", however that's not entirely accurate but it refers to their powers as it spreads throughout their bodies like a virus hence the name.

2) Well it was a little practice to see how to draw CG Eyes. I know I can do better and I would love to spend a lot of time drawing over and over again, but I have work and College to go to and not to mention homework. @_@
I'll try to find time and practice some more, I like to continue improving myself.

3) Well his hair is pretty big, plus making it thin doesn't work. I'll try to draw his head and scale it down and sprite over it, but for now I'll keep it as is. That's the style of his hair, very tricky and hard to draw.

4) I guess, but that's how I draw my Chibi though I wouldn't mind trying to drawn them with thin arms and feet but I can't seem right to me. And the clothes were meant to be simple, no folds and anything, and I haven't got the foggiest idea to draw hands and feet chibi-like like most artist but then again it's an artstyle and preference my friend.

5) Cast List? I don't really follow, are you refering to my characters I have planned for my RPG project and Manga series?

Alright here's a new drawing by me today!

Iris Livier & Random Girl:

Hey there! It's been a while since my last drawing so here's something I made today and yesterday!

First off, the girl on the right is Iris Livier from the MMORPG "LaTale". I'm quite smitten with her, she's cute, has a nice personality (and
gullible mention in the online game from an NPC), and quite tough. <3

She is the main character of the online game where the player's own tale is finding Iris and learning the truth around her and the day she
fought against the Demon King. Quite a story, which you don't see a long in MMO's.

I drawn her in pen, as I didn't have a pencil at the time, and by memory as I didn't have reference. I think she came out good.
Unfortunately I screwed up on her head a bit. Too big and awkwardly curved a bit from the chin to the left side.

And finally the girl on the left. She's some random girl I draw by following Mark Crilley's video: [link]
He's a great artist and even great teacher! I pick up some tricks here and applied it to the Iris drawing I did today.

Still I need to practice some more, but I'm getting better! ^_^

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:57 AM
Been a while since my last work.

Human Sprite Sheet WIP:

This is currently a WIP of a sprite for a 2D Action RPG project I'm planning on making, plus I've decided to use this sprite look for the Side-View Battle System for my RPG project "The Legendary Heroes: A Journey Reborn ~ Stencyl Edition". I like how I started with it, with the head first then body and arms and legs, but I can see some minor problems with it like with the arm behind the body and legs.

I need to refine it a bit more to get the look I'm looking for and eventually make frames of it for each individual character for attacks, skills, and etc...
What do you guys think of it so far?

For the Action RPG project I hope I can find some people to form a team with to help develop it as it's going to be a vastly large project with a lot of content in it.
And it's a Fan-Game of a well-know series I wanted to do for quite some time now.