At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 201292

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #775 on: May 15, 2012, 11:47:53 PM
Avengers is pretty much a perfect movie.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #776 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:54 PM
I saw the Amazing Spider-man midnight showing. Needless to say, it was everything I hoped for. Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker/Spider-man was far better than how it was done in the first three movie installments. Emma Stones Gwen Stacy was great although her personality is slightly updated due to the difference of her being written for in the 70's-80's and todays day, but still very accurate. Their chemistry on screen was fluid and believable. I got a kick out of how Aunt May in the movie took a note from Ultimate Spider-man comic series as a tough old lady who was stronger than anyone would give her credit for at first glance.

The pacing and character involvement in it was good as well. Flash Thompson was handled with care, despite how few scenes he had in the movie (Which was something I didn't think would be done), and honestly, The Lizard design is much better than how people thought it was. My only big problem with the film was how important Peters parents are, but they received very little screen time. The stunts were excellent as they were mainly done physically rather than majority CGI.

Great part of it thought? Spidey's mouth. PB, if you don't see this movie I will be surprised.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #777 on: July 04, 2012, 11:43:26 PM
Like everyone else, I saw The Avengers. Snagging it as soon as it hits blu-ray.

Avengers is pretty much a perfect movie.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #778 on: August 02, 2012, 05:42:58 AM
I came to revelation today after I saw "the Dark Knight Rises" on Saturday: I cannot take Christian Bale's Batman seriously. At all. Sorry, but it was too painful after two movies of having to listen to him try to impersonate Kevin Conroy while gargling rusty nails. I pretty much had to superimpose Adam West's voice over his to take the pain away.

Everyone else made a stunning performance though.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #779 on: August 25, 2012, 07:33:50 AM
I finally saw Avengers. Great movie. Couple things sat strangely with me. I don't understand why they tried making me care about Phil. I always hated Phil. Glad to see him dead.

Was it just me, or were 80% of the things that came out of Nick Fury's mouth really lame?

Did anybody see God Bless America? Now there's a perfect movie.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #780 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:53 AM
I don't understand why they tried making me care about Phil. I always hated Phil. Glad to see him dead.

I understand that the movie has been out for a bit, but that's still kind of a spoiler.

Anyway, I haven't posted here in a while.

Dark Knight Rises, Loved it.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #781 on: August 25, 2012, 08:06:08 AM
I understand that the movie has been out for a bit, but that's still kind of a spoiler.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Who gives a [parasitic bomb] about the character? I don't get it. It's not like I told anybody about how Captain America dies at the end.

I loved Bane. He's supa kawaii

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #782 on: August 25, 2012, 08:28:40 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Who gives a [parasitic bomb] about the character? I don't get it. It's not like I told anybody about how Captain America dies at the end.
I liked Phil... :<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #783 on: August 25, 2012, 08:53:24 AM

I loved it until they revealed that
[spoiler]Bane wasn't the main villain. Worse, he was simply an overpowered henchman. Nothing more. And Talia died 20 minutes after you found out her identity. Terrible.[/spoiler]

Dark Knight > Begins >>>>>>>> Rises

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #784 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:00 AM
[spoiler]Bane wasn't the main villain. Worse, he was simply an overpowered henchman. Nothing more. And Talia died 20 minutes after you found out her identity. Terrible.[/spoiler]

Yeah, that was kind of a letdown.

Doesn't really change my opinion of the movie though, ending made up for it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #785 on: August 25, 2012, 09:18:22 AM

I still feel Begins was the best of the 3.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #786 on: August 25, 2012, 09:59:38 AM
[spoiler]I felt it was incredibly simple to introduce the character and then kill her off so quickly, but Bane was always a henchman in my eyes.[/spoiler]

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #787 on: September 20, 2012, 11:56:36 AM
So, RPM folk...
New Total Recall, I gather that it isn't worth seeing?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #788 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:39 PM
So, RPM folk...

I heard it sucked, yeah. It could never live up to the first movie's perfection.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #789 on: September 20, 2012, 10:05:18 PM
So, RPM folk...

I'm watching it for Bryan Cranston.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #790 on: September 20, 2012, 10:27:50 PM
To the remake's credit, I think it keeps the chick with three ta-tas as a character.  And I think that funky mask thing is in the movie, too.  The one that separates in lines and such.  Maybe they kept the giant booger-bomb as well. (Okay, okay, it was in his brain, but still.  It came out his nose.)

But basically, it looked like crap.  The movie doesn't even seem to take place on Mars...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #791 on: September 21, 2012, 01:04:52 AM
It doesn't.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #792 on: September 21, 2012, 01:15:12 AM
Well, then it's a crap remake.

Speaking of things people hate, I don't really understand the hate behind Dragonball Evolution.  Or rather, I do, but I don't...
If you look at it as the end-all, be-all "Dragon Ball" live action adaptation, you're going to be disappointed, saddened, possibly infuriated.  There's a million things they got wrong and really, the movie only has the titular Dragon Balls and some traits -- usually the irrelevant ones -- right about the classic characters.
However, if you look at it just as an action/kung-fu movie that just happens to share some similarities with the Dragon Ball franchise, you'll find that it's actually a really good, fun, and often funny movie!

Too bad 99% of the people out there just see "Dragonball" and go "OMG TUS ISN DBZ U FGTS."

Random fun facts
- The movie may have done horribly here in the US, but they loved the movie over in Asia -- specifically China and Japan, the series point of origin.
- Akira Toriyama, series creator, was an executive producer for the movie.  He also actively contributed to Dragon Ball GT, but was not a writer for that series.
- Expect a sequel to this movie in the future, as confirmed by Piccolo's actor in a semi-recent review.  Yay!  :D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #793 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:21 AM
I wouldn't judge the new movie based on Schwarzenegger's flick but the novel.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #794 on: September 21, 2012, 02:43:19 AM

Speaking of things people hate, I don't really understand the hate behind Dragonball Evolution.  Or rather, I do, but I don't...
If you look at it as the end-all, be-all "Dragon Ball" live action adaptation, you're going to be disappointed, saddened, possibly infuriated.  There's a million things they got wrong and really, the movie only has the titular Dragon Balls and some traits -- usually the irrelevant ones -- right about the classic characters.
However, if you look at it just as an action/kung-fu movie that just happens to share some similarities with the Dragon Ball franchise, you'll find that it's actually a really good, fun, and often funny movie!

Too bad 99% of the people out there just see "Dragonball" and go "OMG TUS ISN DBZ U FGTS."

Random fun facts
- The movie may have done horribly here in the US, but they loved the movie over in Asia -- specifically China and Japan, the series point of origin.
- Akira Toriyama, series creator, was an executive producer for the movie.  He also actively contributed to Dragon Ball GT, but was not a writer for that series.
- Expect a sequel to this movie in the future, as confirmed by Piccolo's actor in a semi-recent review.  Yay!  :D

Oh, it's fun. It's still god awful though, even without comparing it to DB or DBZ.

What would have made it better is if there was a basic plot and just non-stop fighting. Similar to Shoot Em' Up or Commando.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #795 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:32 AM
See, that's what I don't understand.  Even when not comparing it to the source material, people still say it's awful.  I just plain don't see it...  I enjoyed the movie from start to finished.  I've heard things like "bad acting" and "poor casting" throw around, but again, I don't see it myself.  And it drives me batshit crazy because I can't seem to wrap my head around what they're saying>_<  *flail*

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #796 on: September 21, 2012, 03:18:57 AM
Thanks for the input, guys. Looks like I'm not going to see it.

Besides, the original was (coincidentally) on TV the week before, so I'm all Total Recall'd out from watching that, anyway LOL
I don't have the DVD.......

On the topic of DBE, I'm not particularly decided on how I feel about it. Hey, I looooove James Marsters, but his role as Piccolo (or maybe just the role they set in general) was maybe what upset me. Anyway, it's like what they did with Green Lanturn and how they turned Abin-Sur into a typical Hollywood 'alien'.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #797 on: September 21, 2012, 03:21:16 AM
See, that's what I don't understand.  Even when not comparing it to the source material, people still say it's awful.  I just plain don't see it...  I enjoyed the movie from start to finished.  I've heard things like "bad acting" and "poor casting" throw around, but again, I don't see it myself.  And it drives me batshit crazy because I can't seem to wrap my head around what they're saying>_<  *flail*

Hey, don't think about it too much. To each their own. I can't fathom how Indy fans came out of Crystal Skull and said it was good, or the gall of calling it awesome.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #798 on: October 27, 2012, 05:59:44 PM
So Shwarzenegger is gonna play Conan again. Bout time. I always wondered when he would play old king Conan as originally advertised.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #799 on: October 28, 2012, 07:06:22 AM
I wouldn't judge the new movie based on Schwarzenegger's flick but the novel.
Does anyone know if it takes place on Mars in the novel?