At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 201112

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #700 on: July 08, 2011, 08:02:10 AM
LoL, I didn't even get into all of that. But I watched NC's review to, as well as the Spoony & Snob one as well. And yeah, nothing much changes.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #701 on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:45 AM
So... against my better judgement... I watched Transformers 3: Derp of the Bay

What do I think of it now that I watched it? Welll....

[spoiler]Since PB gave us more or less a rundown of the plot, I'll just point out in kinda sorta detail what I liked and didn't like in this movie.
I must say one thing first... I honestly believe now that this movie is BETTER than first and second. Or at least better than the second one.
Why? Well... mostly because it actually feels more like a movie about [tornado fang]ing TRANSFORMERS, because they are in MOST of the scenes.
Oh, and the battles and action are quite more appealing to me, since I at least was able to tell what is happening. Dunno, maybe I just got used to Bayism, but that's what I think.

Second... this new chick isn't THAT bad. Sure she's not the most beautiful thing in the world but... I like her more than Megan Fox.

Third... [parasitic bomb] was pretty intense with the action, and although I wasn't exactly at the EDGE OF MY SEAT, I think that it's not bad. The moment where Sentinel fucks up the NESTS HQ (or whatever that was) and goes on a rampage like a madman, was great. It just kinda made me feel all tingly inside, becauseo of how [tornado fang]ing stupid it was. I mean, he was all like: GIMME BACK MAH STUFFZ GIMME BACK MAH STUFFZ While trashing everything and everyone in sight.

Fourth... well I [tornado fang]ing loved how Sam managed to [tornado fang]ing kill Starscream. First by removing one of its eyes, and then by blowing up his head. Speaking of the eye removing.
It was hilarious. Starscream was like AAARRRRGGHHdf,dgfdgdF MY EYEEEEEE MY EYEEEEE all while Sam (played by the great actor and screamer: Shia LeBouf) hangs on a line from a grappler hook which he used to attack Screamer's eye. He's swinging around like a [tornado fang]ing marionette, while Starscream screams something abou KILLING HUMANS and MYYYY EEEE l,ald,ssald,sadlad...

So, what else did I like? Well... I liked that Sentinel Prime made Megatron his [sonic slicer]... you know, that reminds me.
At first Sentinel grinds Megatron into the ground, so to speak, with ease.
Then during the final fight with Sentinel, Optimus gets grinded into the ground AGAIN (he was grinded in earlier too) and loses his [tornado fang]ing arm. Just before Sentinel is about to finish Optimus, Megagtron shows up and GRINDS HIM into the [tornado fang]ing ground. Then Optimus, clearly battle damaged, says [tornado fang] NO to a truce with Meggy, and rips him [tornado fang]ing apart with no problem. Oh, and then he kills Sentinel by shooting him in the head... or something.

So... I don't get it. How does that work? Sentinel was clearly the stronger one, no? I get that Megatron kinda took him by surprise... but... but... how in the [tornado fang] did Optimus manage to best Megatron when he was clearly so [tornado fang]ing damaged? I mean... I know we needed some sort of conclusion... but holy [tornado fang]. If not for the fight being a tad more interesting than the one from the last movie, I could say that Michael Bay is a hack.
Owait.

Okay... so what did I not like? Well... most of the scenes with Shia Lebouf... and those other humans. Ummm... I didn't like Shockwave, he sucked.
Soundwave too... in fact, I didn't like most of the characters. I only liked Optimus Prime, actually. He was such an awesome dick (WE HID INSIDE THE SHIP AND WAITED FOR DECEPTICONS TO BARGE IN AND KILL SOME OF YOU HUMANS SO THAT WE CAN TEACH YOU A LESSON AND THEN SAVE YOU), and his bloodlust was so huge, that I couldn't help but laugh and be amazed ("WE'LL KILL THEM ALL").

Oh I also didn't like the parents and the humor. Good God, those shitty attempts at humor.[/spoiler]

That's more or less it... I'm pretty tired right now (and still not planning to go to sleep) so excuse any errors in the above. I probably won't fix them, unless It's omsthing VERY STUPID.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #702 on: July 16, 2011, 03:59:16 AM
I just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button... that [parasitic bomb] was [tornado fang]'d up. The guy was literally aging backwards (around 70 years old as a "baby"). Everyone he cared about pretty much died throughout his life and he couldn't grow old together with the one he loved. I enjoyed it more than i thought i would. The music towards the ending was brilliant and heartwarming, you have to feel sorry for him. He got younger and younger and his wife grew older.

screams something abou KILLING HUMANS and MYYYY EEEE l,ald,ssald,sadlad...

Aye, he's a very sad lad. 8D

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #703 on: July 18, 2011, 10:34:38 PM
Dark of the moon was a epic movie but there was a few things i did not like,

1. Megatron and Shockwave having small roles in the movie
2. Not enough of Jet Optimus in the movie
3. A lame death for StarScream (it is Megatron's job to kill him throughout the Transformers Franchise)

Also it would have been nice to see a after credits scene that foreshadows Unicron Awakening due to Cybertron's destruction (if they want to do another movie in 3.5 to 5 years without micheal bay as director).

So i rate transformers 3 about 4.5 stars out of 5 stars

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #704 on: July 18, 2011, 11:29:36 PM
Dark of the moon was a epic movie
epic
No.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #705 on: July 19, 2011, 12:38:35 AM
Kharaxel,

Dark of the moon was epic for me based on a non-hardcore fan level.

would have the movie been better if it had Unicron in it?

Also Sentinel Prime seemed the best possible movie villian since unicron was not picked as the main villian for this movie.

if they could redo this movie, what villian that they did not already use could be better?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #706 on: July 19, 2011, 08:27:41 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M[/youtube]

Already psyched!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #707 on: July 19, 2011, 08:57:07 AM
Is Bane the new villain? Hopefully bats won't stay half of the movie with a brocken back.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #708 on: July 19, 2011, 12:06:03 PM
Kharaxel,

Dark of the moon was epic for me based on a non-hardcore fan level.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #709 on: July 21, 2011, 02:35:05 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M[/youtube]

Already psyched!

Oh man, Nolan sure knows how to tease! Bane looks like a retard, but hey, what else is new?

Posted on: July 19, 2011, 12:24:33 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4[/youtube]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #710 on: July 21, 2011, 02:43:47 AM
So I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2.

It was really good. Aside from the usual changes (which weren't many) it was pretty faithful.

[spoiler]As for the epilogue... well, the way they went was the best possible way to go. And the casting for the children was spot-on. :D[/spoiler]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #711 on: July 22, 2011, 10:01:37 AM
Just got home from seeing Captain America. It was really well done. I immensely enjoyed it! Bravo Marvel. Freedom prevailed!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #712 on: July 22, 2011, 09:14:21 PM
Would you recommend the Cap movie to someone who knows nothing of Cap at all?

Like me?

I really wanna go to the theatre again, my last visit was YEARS ago, but there are no movies that interest me as the Hobbit is still far away.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #713 on: July 22, 2011, 09:17:42 PM
Oh definitely. For someone who's never read a Cap comic, it's a fantastic introduction to the character!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #714 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:23 PM
...am I the only one tired of Spidey's intoduction story? How many times do I have to see Uncle Ben Dying!? Also The Cap looks interesting.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #715 on: July 22, 2011, 10:59:24 PM
At this point Uncle Ben has become cannon fodder in terms of Marvel productions. I guess this is a means to introduce Spidey into the next gen.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #716 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:11 PM
...am I the only one tired of Spidey's intoduction story? How many times do I have to see Uncle Ben Dying!?

This is only the 2nd adaption of Spiderman. For me, i'm especially curious to see how this guy fares against Toby McGuire. I thought he was an alright Peter Parker, but nothing he did in the Spidey Trilogy stuck out in my mind. Certainly not in 3.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #717 on: July 23, 2011, 07:42:00 AM
...am I the only one tired of Spidey's intoduction story? How many times do I have to see Uncle Ben Dying!? Also The Cap looks interesting.

Honestly, you're not alone. A lot of people do not want them to do his origin story yet again.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #718 on: July 23, 2011, 09:22:32 AM
I've always liked Spidey's origin story. Just the premise of having someone so young and inexperienced go through that trauma always stuck to me. That raw drive to use his powers to make up for his pain of losing those close to him. Similar to Batman (and i've ALWAYS loved his origin).

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #719 on: July 23, 2011, 09:38:17 AM
Oh, Spider-Man easily has one of the best origin stories in all of comic books. The problem a lot of people have is that you're not telling this origin story to a new audience. You're telling it to the exact same audience again. This is not to say that the movie is going to be bad, cause it could very well wind up being better than the Tobey ones. It's just that the trailer has not really impressed people all that much.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #720 on: July 23, 2011, 01:08:35 PM
I thought Batman's origin annoys people more.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #721 on: July 23, 2011, 01:54:23 PM
But Batman's origin is mostly just mentioned in maybe one flashback at most (Batman Begins is the only real origin story I know of)
Well, wonder how the movie will be...BTW will this Spidey tie in with the Avengers?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #722 on: July 23, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
I thought Batman's origin annoys people more.

Both Batman and Superman's origin story are one of comic book junkies' all-time favorite (obviously). I don't which one in particular is more of the favorite, but there's only a few people that i've seen complain about Batman's past. And those are usually the Superman fans, who go together with Batman fans about as well as oil and water. No matter what, it's always been internationally respected. But yeah, i can see people getting tired of it, retelling the same story over and over again.

But Batman's origin is mostly just mentioned in maybe one flashback at most (Batman Begins is the only real origin story I know of)

Detective Comics #33 was the first to reveal his origin. There were likely other takes on it, but that is the true and blue one. If he didn't become a symbol of intimation and authority after the shock of losing his parents right before his eyes, then that's not Batman.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #723 on: July 30, 2011, 07:46:06 AM
I just saw Captain America, and MY GOD did Hugo pull off an amazing Red Skull!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #724 on: July 30, 2011, 07:48:59 AM
Captain America was pretty damn good.

Nice to see the actual teaser trailer for the Avengers finally.