At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 203450

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #450 on: August 30, 2010, 11:55:26 AM
I went to see The Expendables last night.  Our closest theatre was showing it in their 21+ only theatre, where the patrons could drink while watching the movie!
All theaters have that around here. 8D

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:13 PM
I went to see The Expendables last night.  Our closest theatre was showing it in their 21+ only theatre, where the patrons could drink while watching the movie!

w-WhAT!?

Dammit! I never knew such theatres existed!!!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #452 on: August 30, 2010, 08:30:13 PM
Ghost Shark 2: Urban Jaws

0v0

OMG YES. YES YES YES!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #453 on: September 01, 2010, 09:38:30 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but the rubber skin is canon. Reese mentions it in the first movie how they could spot them easy. It was the 800 models, like Arnold in the first movie, that were really hard to spot, since they looked flawless.

Speaking of the first film, I'm currently watching it on AMC, just how creepy is the Eye Surgery scene?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:26 PM
It's not really that creepy.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #455 on: September 01, 2010, 09:45:00 PM
Really? Phew, when I was watching it without sound at my grandparents it seemed creepier.

Then again I think that was 2 years ago... I should be able to handle it.

Of course, I ask because the Terminator Endoskeleton is the thing that haunted my childhood for whatever reason.

EDIT: OH [tornado fang]ing HELL MY STOMACH JUST FELL INTO MY PELVIS AND MY THROAT FEELS WIERD.

EDIT 2: OH GOD THATS SO GOD DAMN CHEESY. What a silly looking animatronic, I can even see that the eye is just a little LED light... It doesn't even look like Arnold.

I do have to take note that this was the mid-80's before decent CGI was invented. And holy hell AMC, make it less known that you're censoring the film, that big Zoom in before "[tornado fang] You,[dark hold]" was very noticable.

Anyway, good film.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #456 on: September 02, 2010, 02:45:24 AM
Did I mention that the King of Fighters movie was out already? I didn't? Well, can't blame me, I'd like to forget it even exists, and it was direct to DVD too so nobody noticed. Well, now you know so you can see for yourself just how bad this movie that seems to be on par with or worse than The Legend of Chu-li is.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #457 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:00 PM
Just saw DragonBall Evolution for the 1st time and honestly, its NOT the best, but its NOT all that bad, kindda chessy in a way, but I enjoyed it.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: September 03, 2010, 12:26:03 AM
It's not that it's all bad, but it's still god awful.  What bothers me is that it's a movie in which the writing staff doesn't really even need to try, and they still [tornado fang] it up.  It's a movie that completely overestimates its audience. There's only a select few types of movie goer that is going to pay money for this; Parents with Kids, and fans of Dragonball.  That's pretty much it.  They could've spent there entire budget on making much better looking kick-ass fight scenes, because that's the ONLY reason people are coming to see it. Granted, I don't think it's as bad as say Transformers 2, but it's an awful movie.

It's why movies like Expendables & Shoot Em' Up are so fantastic.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: September 03, 2010, 12:39:46 AM
Im going to watch that twilight parody today, just for the lulz. owob

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: September 03, 2010, 12:51:58 AM
I actually thought Dragonball Evolution WAS that bad.

...just not as bad as The Last Airbender, but still...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #461 on: September 03, 2010, 01:43:21 AM
I figure I'll watch through the series first before renting/downloading The Last Airbender.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #462 on: September 03, 2010, 02:01:43 AM
I figure I'll watch through the series first before renting/downloading The Last Airbender.
Please do.

...PLEEEEASE DO.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:14 AM
LoL, judging by everything else, actually knowing the material before watching will actually increase the mental torture I plan to put myself though.

Hehe, WHICH IS JUST HOW I [tornado fang]ing LIKE IT!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #464 on: September 03, 2010, 02:25:53 AM
Have you ever watched the Dungeons and Dragons movie?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efSq9FF1r2Q&feature=related[/youtube]

...THE LAST AIRBENDER IS WORSE.

...I'm kinda afraid to say it, but...

...let's see... deep breaths...

...breathe, Superbat. Breathe. You can do it...

...The Last Airbender is worse than Highlander 2: The Quickening.

Whew. There. Saying that is pretty much the "Voldemort" of movie nerds.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: September 03, 2010, 02:28:40 AM
Have you ever watched the Dungeons and Dragons movie?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efSq9FF1r2Q&feature=related[/youtube]

No, but my brother did. He is/was a HARDCORE D&Der back in the day, and he absolutely HATED that movie.

...THE LAST AIRBENDER IS WORSE.

...I'm kinda afraid to say it, but...

...let's see... deep breaths...

...breathe, Superbat. Breathe. You can do it...

...The Last Airbender is worse than Highlander 2: The Quickening.

Whew. There. Saying that is pretty much the "Voldemort" of movie nerds.

Haha, this isn't the first time I've heard this said, and it's still a very BOLD statement. Highlander 2 ruins the franchise in 11 minutes. It's like the Ultimates 3 of movies.  8D

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #466 on: September 03, 2010, 04:12:45 AM
It's not that it's all bad, but it's still god awful.  What bothers me is that it's a movie in which the writing staff doesn't really even need to try, and they still [tornado fang] it up.  It's a movie that completely overestimates its audience. There's only a select few types of movie goer that is going to pay money for this; Parents with Kids, and fans of Dragonball.  That's pretty much it.  They could've spent there entire budget on making much better looking kick-ass fight scenes, because that's the ONLY reason people are coming to see it. Granted, I don't think it's as bad as say Transformers 2, but it's an awful movie.

It's why movies like Expendables & Shoot Em' Up are so fantastic.

The reason why Dragonball Evolution was so bad was because they started making it and Akira Toriyama said "no", so they had to [tornado fang] up the plot and characters.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: September 03, 2010, 04:15:32 AM
The reason why Dragonball Evolution was so bad was because they started making it and Akira Toriyama said "no", so they had to [tornado fang] up the plot and characters.

Well like I said, it overestimates it's primary audience.

All they really had to give us was a basic, minimal plot (it does need SOME plot) and lots of insane, kick ass fighting.  This is why Avatar, for all intents and purposes, is a really good movie.  This is why Expendables is also a fantastic movie. Shoot Em' Up, Commando, and so on.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: September 03, 2010, 04:20:15 AM
The thing is, DBE already had a basic plot loved by millions around the world that it could and should have used and just [tornado fang]'d it up royally.

Eh, at least it was entertainingly bad at times, more than I can say for Last Airbender and Legend of Chun-li.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #469 on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:59 AM
Yeah, I'll give it that. It is, at the very VERY least, entertainly bad at some points.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: September 03, 2010, 06:03:57 AM
Yeah, it fits in the cathegory of "so bad it's good". When TLA is pretty much just horrifying.

Video game movie-wise, there are a few widely-reviled movies which I think actually did a pretty good job at being... well, movies.

I liked as a kid (and still like) the Super Mario Bros movie. And no, it's not because I think it's so bad it's good. It's because I actually do think it's an entertaining movie. It's not amazing, but it does its job of being wacky and the post-apocalyptic city is pretty damn well done. I still want a sequel. =P

And back when I saw the Tomb Raider movie, I also liked it. I dunno if it still holds up, but I thought it was pretty good. It was an action movie, pure and simple. Also entertaining. Second one simply sucked (and was boring and absolutely stupid at parts), but I found the first one okay.

There are a few others. I liked (didn't love, but it was... kinda okay) the Prince of Persia movie, I had a pretty good time in the second Resi movie (zombie children are something you don't usually see, they had guts) and there are quite a few others.

...the only video game movie that TRULY did its job, was Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza). It pretty much hit all the bases, and was pure joy for game fans.

Also, the Assassin's Creed movie. Might have been promotional material, but it was [tornado fang]ing awesome. I'm not counting CG/animated flicks.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #471 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:11 AM
To be honest, despite how critically panned it got, I thought the Silent Hill movie was pretty decent.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: September 03, 2010, 06:30:18 AM
There are a few others. I liked (didn't love, but it was... kinda okay) the Prince of Persia movie,

That movie is so underrated.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #473 on: September 03, 2010, 06:42:23 AM
It was enjoyable. I mean, the dialog is pretty terrible and the pacing is pretty awful, but I had fun watching it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #474 on: September 03, 2010, 10:51:17 AM
To be honest, despite how critically panned it got, I thought the Silent Hill movie was pretty decent.
I REALLY liked that movie (dispite never getting to see the ending due to my downloaded copy being corrupted), but I got pretty far. What was wrong with it anyway?