The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 758862

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4925 on: April 05, 2016, 09:41:59 AM
Yeah and if you become friends with him I can find you on his friends list in Miitomo and send you a request that way.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #4926 on: April 05, 2016, 11:46:32 AM
I'm on Twitter. @UnkawaiiTweets.
I followed you and linked the accounts.

I still don't see crap.

what

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4927 on: April 05, 2016, 04:03:34 PM
Platnium'd Demons Souls-my god the grind for Pure Bladestone took forever.

Working on a new file for Dark Souls-just gotta get the achievements for Pyromancy and Miracles, unique weapons and apparently I never bothered to go meet the Dragon covenant leader on any of my runs.  8D

(I had platnium'd the game on the 360 just not the PS4)

Then my two versions of Dark Souls 2 on the ps3 and 4.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4928 on: April 05, 2016, 04:07:46 PM
Currently sat twiddling my thumbs waiting for my copy of PSO to arrive. I should probably make a start on the request backlog for Fire Pro, but the thought of staring at those menus right now is just killing my motivation right now.

I really, really hate when I get caught in a slump like this....

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4929 on: April 06, 2016, 12:54:57 AM
Xenogears (via Psone classics) very slowly as FFXIV is very distracting!

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4930 on: April 10, 2016, 11:44:59 AM
PSO: Episode 1, and dabbling a little in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour as well. When the weather's THIS nice, I just wanna relax, and games like this are the best way to do that for someone like me.  8)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4931 on: April 10, 2016, 01:37:20 PM
Must be close to the end of Mega Man Legends 2 (just grabbed the fourth key).

Still prefer MML1, but I'm enjoying it. It expands on the original in ways I'd never anticipate. It's much longer, with bigger and more varied worlds, new upgrades and better controls (thank goodness).

The main story dungeons are way more complex than in MML1, damn. The first game's dungeons were mostly copy-pasta caves where you could get anywhere fast and be done in 10 minutes. There was like one puzzle total (sans key fetching, I only remember the conveyor belt). In the sequel, each dungeon has its own particular design and puzzles. You backtrack constantly through them, different enemies may respawn at key points, and there is a goddamn Cyber Water Temple for everyone to hate (I did!). The optional dungeons feel more like MML1 where you're in a series of generic tunnels looking for treasures. They're fun. Except the underwater one, of course.

Controls are still not ideal, but they're a step forward. I like being able to use dual analog. The graphics are decently detailed especially compared to the original. I don't like that orange thing on MM's back, but hey. And the music is good.

One thing I still prefer in Legends 1 is that the world feels more familiar. MML1 is sort of like Hyrule where everything is connected, even the dungeons, and you're dealing with the same places and the same people all the time. The problems you're solving are all close to the characters, and there's this sense of duty to these places you're so accustomed to. In MML2 there are different islands, different towns and everything is far away. I haven't been forced to revisit much, the story has mostly moved to new areas so far.

Can't say I love everything in the game, but I'm having a great time. \o/ Feels good to play this finally. Will finish later.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4932 on: April 11, 2016, 01:22:37 PM
Finished Legends 2. \o

I got a little salty fighting the last boss... he (she?) is far from impossible to avoid, but it's a tough fight and it takes forever even with a maxed buster. I wasn't feeling adventurous enough to test all my special weapons there, so I went with the pea shooter. All my special stuff were at default power anyway. Upgrades seem too expensive in this game. I was getting my ass kicked and eventually decided to backtrack to the surface and buy some extra Sub-Tank energy. And I bought about 35 extra... >_> That was enough for 4 full heals, which was indeed quite handy. Pretty much tanked the boss.

I also explored a bit, found most drill rooms and did a couple of quests. It's really overwhelming when people keep asking for millions of zenny and you're walking around with 10K. There's gotta be a farming trick.

Cool game. Kinda drags at parts, but I get it. People thought MML1 was too short (which it is... which I like...) so L2 is like an apology letter to those fans. I don't remember my final time, but it was easily 3x longer than the original.

Can't wait for part 3!!! *cough*

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4933 on: April 12, 2016, 07:10:45 AM
Legends 2 is notorious for its over-priced weapon upgrades.  The Shining Laser is nothing short of ludicrous.  A shame the PSP version was never localized, since they did adjust that.

My username is my favorite weapon in the game, and is fairly reasonable to upgrade compared to some of the others; I usually camped on Carlbania to have it fully upgraded before moving on to Saul Kada.  Homing Missile is popular but its final upgrade set is pretty pricey.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kayla

• Cyberelf
  • Prolly on Discord
    • View Profile
Reply #4934 on: April 23, 2016, 06:52:55 AM
Playing Bravely Second. Am over leveled because leveling up and grinding is just too fun.  >0<

Need to get 100% bestiary. Fight things. Omgawd I need to play more now.

I'm Alice's wife.

Come to the discord and I will fite u.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4935 on: April 23, 2016, 01:23:33 PM
Splitting my time between TimeSplitters 2 (whoever designed the Virus missions needs to be shot, repeatedly) and the 'Cube version of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4936 on: April 23, 2016, 07:09:26 PM
So what's up with Killing Floor? Is there no reticle?

And I keep getting stuck with they hoard me, even when I clear a path between myself and them.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4937 on: April 23, 2016, 07:33:48 PM
I don't think Killing Floor has a crosshair, no.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4938 on: April 23, 2016, 11:41:42 PM
No crosshair in the first. Ironsights and scopes are mostly all there is. There's maybe one rifle with a laser sight to help with hip firing. Basic enemies (Clots) have the ability to grab you. If you get completely surrounded by them then it's pretty hard to escape. Berserkers are immune to grabs at least. Also, you run faster with a melee weapon out.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4939 on: April 23, 2016, 11:52:46 PM
Okay, thank you for the tips.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4940 on: April 29, 2016, 04:20:40 AM
Just tried the Nioh demo and umm--yeah not a great experience.

Controls are lose and just don't feel that responsive, the demo fails to explain it's combat mechanics--like at all and most enemies can outright kill you in one or two hits-It's clear this is meant to be a dueling game like Tenchu but they constantly throw mobs at you. Also not feeling the RNG loot drops.

If developers want to make a Souls like game it might be a good idea to study what makes souls games so fun-cheap deaths and lose controls are certainly not what made Souls so memorable. Thankfully this is an alpha so hopefully they can balance the damage and tighten the controls--oh and make lock on actually lock your character ON the enemy.  O^O

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4941 on: April 29, 2016, 04:56:21 AM
Hyrule Warriors Legends, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, and I've been streaming Final Fantasy VIII. I think I'm addicted to Triple Triad, especially when I lose rare cards and I NEED TO GET THEM BACK I'LL DUEL YOU 500 TIMES UNTIL YOU PLAY THAT CARD YOU STOLE FROM ME YOU JERK

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4942 on: April 29, 2016, 05:07:13 AM
Kinda happy FF14 removed the lose card rule for triple triad.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4943 on: April 29, 2016, 06:23:22 AM
Yeah I like that about 14's iteration of it as well, but I also don't like how you're timed on your turn in that iteration.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4944 on: April 29, 2016, 06:38:40 AM
Been playing a lot of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide with my usual friends. It's basically Left 4 Dead 3 with melee focus. Really damn fun.

Also since I have no idea what to play while my gang is offline, I've naturally veered back to another run of Thief 2.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4945 on: April 29, 2016, 02:19:23 PM
Yeah I like that about 14's iteration of it as well, but I also don't like how you're timed on your turn in that iteration.

There is a time limit for making a turn mostly due to player versus player but it's like 15 seconds I think.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4946 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:54 PM
Lost Reavers.  No save importing from the beta (D'OH!), but they have some message about upping experience rates for a little while, and I've noticed that three-star weapons are easier to come by.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4947 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
There is a time limit for making a turn mostly due to player versus player but it's like 15 seconds I think.
Yeah yeah I'm aware, but I like having all the time I can to think about my move carefully lol

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4948 on: April 30, 2016, 12:41:02 AM
I've been taking a short break from DS1 to play DS2. I've beaten Last Giant, Pursuer, and Dragon Rider so far. Chilling in No Man's Wharf for the time being.

Not having nearly as much fun as DS1 but w/e.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4949 on: May 05, 2016, 10:51:36 AM
Playing Overwatch open beta. I just did the tutorial and practiced some characters in the training room. Likely gonna main Tracer, Hanzo, and McRee and play Widowmaker, Reinhardt, and Mercy on the side. It's really fun. Here's hoping it's the CSGO killer I always prayed for.