• SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #476 on: December 13, 2009, 04:29:23 AM
I can always help you with Rnf Speed, just send me a pm

I've already made a shitton of mm8 stuff
Can i Have That Shitton of MM8 Stuff?

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #477 on: December 13, 2009, 06:32:44 AM
Ok, Blaze. Please just stop. I researched you there and there. Stop stealing things. I learned that you talked the [parasitic bomb] out of Matrixz and got his sprites rather than working with him. Please make your own stuff and stop stealing others'.

@Night: Once I feel like doing it I will. Youre free to help me anytime.  >0<

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #478 on: December 13, 2009, 06:02:55 PM
Ok, Blaze. Please just stop. I researched you there and there. Stop stealing things. I learned that you talked the [parasitic bomb] out of Matrixz and got his sprites rather than working with him. Please make your own stuff and stop stealing others'.

@Night: Once I feel like doing it I will. Youre free to help me anytime.  >0<
No i didn't! i ask if i could use his bosses in the fangame so (Tornado Fang) Off,Not in a real good mood today..... O:<

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: December 13, 2009, 06:29:54 PM
By stealing, I didnt mean using without permission. You asked Matrixz too much that he gave them to you. Its not like that he was happy about it. What you are really stealing is ideas. You just keep relying on the works of others and rarely work on your own. Let me tell you that boy, you cant really get anywhere in real life. Face it. Internet is cruel, Real Life is even more cruel. Keep relying on others and you'll find yourself in streets.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #480 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:32 PM
By stealing, I didnt mean using without permission. You asked Matrixz too much that he gave them to you. Its not like that he was happy about it. What you are really stealing is ideas. You just keep relying on the works of others and rarely work on your own. Let me tell you that boy, you cant really get anywhere in real life. Face it. Internet is cruel, Real Life is even more cruel. Keep relying on others and you'll find yourself in streets.
I ASKED HIM ONLY ONCE OK?! SO BACK OFF! IM NOT IN A GOOD MOOD.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:38 PM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: December 14, 2009, 06:47:27 PM
That looks just like the scan, very impressive job.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: December 14, 2009, 09:22:04 PM
Indeed. owob

I tip my hat off to Nebula Black, one of RPM's most talented spriters, for matching Inti Creates' artistic skills in 8-bit Mega Man.

Here, you can have a cookie. :cookie:

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: December 14, 2009, 09:46:19 PM
Nom Nom Nom  ~w~

Thank you both! There are cookies for y'all.  :cookie: :cookie:

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:12 PM
You are welcome. Don't mind if I do! ~w~

What can we expect from you next?

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: December 14, 2009, 11:19:34 PM
I wont do anything MM10 till new scans are there. Ice stage is impossible cause of bad scans and not only that it is more of 16-bit than 8-bit like some MM9 stages were it didnt fit in 8-bit category. So. I may be just like random as I've ever been before.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: December 14, 2009, 11:25:14 PM
Hopefully, that randomness will occasionally bring us some sort of progress on MM:R (granted, it takes a lot of time to develop a game, but still). :D

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: December 14, 2009, 11:31:13 PM
Hopefully, that randomness will occasionally bring us some sort of progress on MM:R (granted, it takes a lot of time to develop a game, but still). :D

I forced myself on MM:R too much that I used up all my creativity. I have my seasons like that lol. I have to do random stuff till I get something solid in my head.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: December 14, 2009, 11:35:39 PM
Fair enough. The development process of the other MM fangame projects (Mega Girl Roll, MPX's MM, MM72, the MMPC remake, BH's MM...) can tide me over until then.

You may indulge in your randomness, sir (you are a man, right? o-O)! 8)

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: December 15, 2009, 12:09:22 AM
Fair enough. The development process of the other MM fangame projects (Mega Girl Roll, MPX's MM, MM72, the MMPC remake, BH's MM...) can tide me over until then.

You may indulge in your randomness, sir (you are a man, right? o-O)! 8)

Thank you, mister! and yes I am a man.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #492 on: December 15, 2009, 01:08:33 AM
I wont do anything MM10 till new scans are there. Ice stage is impossible cause of bad scans and not only that it is more of 16-bit than 8-bit like some MM9 stages were it didnt fit in 8-bit category. So. I may be just like random as I've ever been before.

I'm honestly shocked, SpeedReemix. Why are you using such an arbitrary description as "bitplanes" to somehow mix together what should be separately referred to as "style" and "system limitations"? The terms "8-bit" and "16-bit" are quite meaningless in both an artistic and technological sense simply in that they try to group together far too many different unrelated matters under the single header of what a CPU is capable of.

Master System and Famicom, Genesis and Super Famicom, these are nothing alike; the system limitations are different. Sonic, MegaMan, Mario and whatever, nothing alike; the sprite styles are different. The bitplane terminology in spriting is arbitrary and archaic, plain and simple.

R10's ice stage is not more of "16-bit" than "8-bit". Beyond my previous assessment on that type of terminology, it's also a completely false statement in regards to both style and limitations. I've seen that image and what I see is something that's entirely possible within the limitations of the Famicom AND the sprite style of the Rockman games. Surely it might appear that there's far too many shading, but Rockman's backgrounds have always included details far richer than feasible in characters. On a technical level, a variation of the Famicom palette is used and each tile uses no more than 4 colors. All that is truly what some would call: "8-bit".

As for your recreation of the other screenshot from R10. It's a nice effort. However, there is a severe fundamental flaw in that you skipped an entirely column of tiles in the rightmost bottom half and the leftmost top half of the screen. This leads to misalignment of the ceiling with the rest of the area. To be specifically, between Rockman and the health item from bottom to the ceiling, there's much more distance in the original screenshot. And in the ceiling, left of the yellow details to the lifebar, a similar issue is present that distorts the patterns near the lifebar.

A related issue is that the actual screenshot does not show the spikes at the edges as wholes, but rather as halves. Somehow or other you invented two half tiles at the edges and tried to put that within the same screen resolution, making you come a whole tile short compared to the original. Other issues in the recreation include the size and alignment of the moving platform, as well as some key pixel details in the yellow parts of the ceiling and floor.

All in all, it's a nice effort, but ultimately in need of retiling and a few pixel level adjustment of the platforms and details.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: December 15, 2009, 01:57:23 PM
I always suck with the using different terms. I meant that MM9 used more than 4 colors per 8x8 tiles before and that it had a custom palette. That ice stage have too many colors that are impossible on NES. But yeah. I suck when it comes to tell things.

For the screenshot, again I didnt want to replicate it completely but make the mockups based on it. I retiled it like 5 times. This is the closest I can get right now. I dont have much time to sprite and this was only an hour work. Still I will do better on my next MM10 mockup. Thanks for being honest.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: December 15, 2009, 09:10:00 PM
Thing is, I've seen absolutely nothing in both R9 and R10 that exceeds 4 colors per 8x8 tile, especially not in the ice stage screenshot. Any extra colors you're seeing there are a result bad scans/screenshots.

As for the "custom palette", they're not using a custom palette, really. The NES palette in not properly displayed in emulators. R9's palette is actually closer to the actual TV output of the NES games than what the emulators, and by extension the sprite rips, display.

For the screenshot, again I didnt want to replicate it completely but make the mockups based on it. I retiled it like 5 times. This is the closest I can get right now. I dont have much time to sprite and this was only an hour work. Still I will do better on my next MM10 mockup. Thanks for being honest.

If you would show the tiles you made, then I could easily retile it to accurately match the screenshot. It's exactly the aforementioned fundamental flaws that keep you from tiling it properly.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: December 16, 2009, 11:21:32 PM
Thing is, I've seen absolutely nothing in both R9 and R10 that exceeds 4 colors per 8x8 tile, especially not in the ice stage screenshot. Any extra colors you're seeing there are a result bad scans/screenshots.

As for the "custom palette", they're not using a custom palette, really. The NES palette in not properly displayed in emulators. R9's palette is actually closer to the actual TV output of the NES games than what the emulators, and by extension the sprite rips, display.

If you would show the tiles you made, then I could easily retile it to accurately match the screenshot. It's exactly the aforementioned fundamental flaws that keep you from tiling it properly.

I will send them to you when I have time ,going to sleep soon.

Posted on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:14 PM
I know it is not even close to the screenshot but this was a rush job.

Sending the files to you Zan btw.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: December 18, 2009, 01:33:58 AM

That should address most of the issues with the bottom part and the yellow details. However, the ceiling was unusable. It seems that they used a lot of tiles that eliminated the grid, making reproduction very difficult. The best way to find these tiles is to compare them to the spike row, as that is a clean 16x16 tile. Notice that in the original screenshot, the ceiling bricks never align with the spike row.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #497 on: December 20, 2009, 04:59:51 AM
Hey Speed...Can you try doing these Screen Shots?

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: December 20, 2009, 10:01:05 AM
Sorry... I am working on something else so I dont have much time.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #499 on: December 20, 2009, 07:49:22 PM
Sorry... I am working on something else so I dont have much time.
oh ok,sorry i got ****ed off Btw i wasn't really in the mood.