Shouldn't that be in this thread?

Posted on: March 03, 2009, 14:16:50
New Trailer

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: March 03, 2009, 08:54:43 PM
Now the question is, will playing as everyone else be optional or a necessity like pretty much every 3-D Sonic besides Unleashed/Secret Rings?

Anyways, yay for the return of Shadow's Chaos Control from Shadow the Hedgehog.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: March 04, 2009, 12:21:53 AM
Now the question is, will playing as everyone else be optional or a necessity like pretty much every 3-D Sonic besides Unleashed/Secret Rings?

Anyways, yay for the return of Shadow's Chaos Control from Shadow the Hedgehog.

They've been swearing up and down, since that first appearance of the game in last year's Nintendo Power, that playing as the extra characters is COMPLETELY optional. 

Now, how much that will hold up (in the matter of you could actually 100% the game, without touching the other chars?), we'll have to wait and see.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: March 04, 2009, 01:10:02 AM
Shouldn't that be in this thread?[/url]

Whoops XD

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: March 04, 2009, 03:04:45 AM
Quote from: IGN
"This is a Sonic game that craps all over everything that has ever made the series interesting and then adds pointless waggle."

Oh, IGN. 8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #380 on: March 04, 2009, 03:17:18 AM
This from Matt Cassamasina, the same guy who claims that Sonic Heroes is the best of the last-gen efforts.

Cass is nice for information, but I wouldn't trust his opinion on a Sonic game if I was paid to.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:09 AM
This from Matt Cassamasina, the same guy who claims that Sonic Heroes is the best of the last-gen

The only good things about Sonic Heroes was that it had the original voice actors from the Adventure series, and the epic final boss theme... And Team Rose's theme "Follow Me". >.>;

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #382 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:38 AM
This from Matt Cassamasina, the same guy who claims that Sonic Heroes is the best of the last-gen efforts.

Cass is nice for information, but I wouldn't trust his opinion on a Sonic game if I was paid to.

I discovered a quite of couple of glitches while playing Sonic Heroes, especially the infamous wall death. I'm pretty sure Matt playes like a monkey who can't tell right from wrong.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: March 04, 2009, 03:32:57 AM
To be fair though...he DID list everything he disliked about the game. So, it's not like he just said "LOL! GAME SUX! 3.9!!"

Eh. I've been losing interest ever since ComiCon, when people just saying more that they're outright bored by the game, than anything else.

MadWorld is the only game I need from Sega in March. This may be lucky enough to get a rental, at best.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: March 04, 2009, 03:34:39 AM
Yeah, I'll probably just rent it too.  I mean, the thought and name of Deathcalibur is pretty cheesily AWESOME, but still, ComicCon didn't impress me with it that much.

I still hope it has a good soundtrack!

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: March 04, 2009, 03:38:10 AM
I still hope it has a good soundtrack!

Always remember PB, the shittier the Sonic game, the better the music. :P

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: March 04, 2009, 03:39:34 AM
The soundtrack of Superman 664 ain't the real deal.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: March 04, 2009, 03:40:20 AM
The only good things about Sonic Heroes was that it had the original voice actors from the Adventure series, and the highly enjoyable final boss theme... And Team Rose's theme "Follow Me". >.>;
Rare is the Sonic game that doesn't at least have some good music (why in blazes Brawl refused to use What I'm Made Of is beyond me).

It's not that I can't see some good things in Heroes.  Amy's voice is among the better, Knuckles had a nice presentation, Rail Canyon is cool, and......well, that's about it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: March 04, 2009, 03:42:21 AM
The soundtrack of Superman 664 ain't the real deal.

That game has a soundtrack?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: March 04, 2009, 03:42:39 AM
Always remember PB, the shittier the Sonic game, the better the music. :P

>BD

The 16-bit era games still contain what probably is the best music to grace the series. After that, even Jun Senoue himself started to lose it, they just try to cover it up with butt-rock from Crush 40 and etc.  8D

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: March 04, 2009, 03:49:29 AM
The 16-bit era games still contain what probably is the best music to grace the series.

I'm talking about after the Adventure games. >_>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: March 04, 2009, 03:50:01 AM
The 16-bit era games still contain what probably is the best music to grace the series. After that, even Jun Senoue himself started to lose it, they just try to cover it up with butt-rock from Crush 40 and etc.  8D

Soon, Justin Timberlake will be singing the opening song to the next Sonic game, Sonic and the Space Pirates!

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: March 04, 2009, 03:54:45 AM
I'm talking about after the Adventure games. >_>

Ah.

Still, I'd contest that. The GBA/DS games may have been all over the place in quality, but music-wise, they pretty good (with Rush probably having the best OST of the lot, in my ways).

Soon, Justin Timberlake will be singing the opening song to the next Sonic game, Sonic and the Space Pirates!

Timberlake is still doing pretty well for himself, I don't see him "reducing" himself to such a thing. 8D

Now, Chris Brown? That [Oil Man] may NEED the work, after the kind of career suicide he's committed!

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: March 04, 2009, 03:56:51 AM
Ah.

Still, I'd contest that. The GBA/DS games may have been all over the place in quality, but music-wise, they pretty good (with Rush probably having the best OST of the lot, in my ways).

Timberlake is still doing pretty well for himself, I don't see him "reducing" himself to such a thing. 8D

Now, Chris Brown? That [Oil Man] may NEED the work, after the kind of career suicide he's committed!

True, I'll give you that.

Also, lulz at Chris Brown. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: March 04, 2009, 04:02:50 AM

LoL, no crushing my Timberlake-Sonic song dreams!   8D

"That Sonic's just running everywhere!"
He's got no time to simply stop and stare!
He's Way Past Cool, and I swear.
He's fast and he knows. I think that he knows!"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: March 04, 2009, 05:10:43 AM
The 16-bit era games still contain what probably is the best music to grace the series. After that, even Jun Senoue himself started to lose it, they just try to cover it up with butt-rock from Crush 40 and etc.  8D
You do know that Jun Senoue is Crush 40's guitarist, right?

Not that I'll EVER argue against the likes of Sky Sanctuary, STH3 final boss, or S&K mid-boss, among others.  But don't go dissing my Crush 40!  Live And Learn = best Sonic theme, EVER.
(reuse in Brawl trailer was such a fanboyish dream come true...)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: March 04, 2009, 05:21:33 AM
You do know that Jun Senoue is Crush 40's guitarist, right?

Yep. And I still stand by what I say. He was absolute gold back for Sonic 3 & K's OST.

But after that, he was never quite the same. He's alright, but I started to go "meh" after Sonic Heroes. Probably the absolute best thing he's done in recent years, imo, was the remix of Angel Island Act 1 and 2 for Brawl.

Not that I'll EVER argue against the likes of Sky Sanctuary, STH3 final boss, or S&K mid-boss, among others.  But don't go dissing my Crush 40!  Live And Learn = best Sonic theme, EVER.
(reuse in Brawl trailer was such a fanboyish dream come true...)

Eh, if it came down to it, "What I'm Made Of" was probably the better composition, in my ears.

Still, as I've said before, there's a great part of me that wishes that he would just do more to focus on compositions, and less on allowing for lyrics. He could right up there with Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty Gear fame) if he did that.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: March 04, 2009, 07:24:08 AM

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:03 AM
In the words of a certain Psycho Powered general:

This is DELICIOUS!

The game is pretty much being tanked left and right (even by Famitsu: 26/40. By comparison, Secret Rings did a 32/40 and Sonic Next did a 29/40) and a small group labeling themselves as the Sonic Defense Force are out trying to get IGN's reviewer Matt Casamassina fired because he used the word, "retarded" in the review to describe the game.

Now, as someone studying to enter the field, ethically you really shouldn't use the word retarded when describing how nonsensical something is. Yes, we know the joke that IGN isn't really professional, but this is still something that can get the site potentially sued and Casamassina potentially fired over. I'd certainly take him to task about his word choice in the future, for the sake of his own career, but the "SDF" aren't doing it because of the use of the word; it's only because he brutally and rightfully bombed the game and they can't take that this game was destined to fail as hard as it did.

Sometimes I want to shoot the fanbase.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21:50 AM
and a small group labeling themselves as the Sonic Defense Force

....That's just so very sad...