Sonic and the Black Knight

Klavier Gavin · 79547

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: January 13, 2009, 10:42:06 PM
Well Im going to Comicon, so i guess ill probably see you guys at the Sega booth! 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: January 14, 2009, 02:17:29 AM
Man, I never get to go to any con!  :'(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: January 14, 2009, 05:21:14 AM
Calm down. this is my first time going.
Im also debating whether or not I should go as Anime Tenchou.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:50 AM
Con's are... interesting, to say the least. You'll see some oddballs but also meet some people who are genuinely cool. But for the most part, lots of people who enter a new realm of weird.

Oh, and teen girls running around yelling Japanese words while cosplaying. Usually something to avoid unless you are a teen boy. Otherwise, Chris Hansen may appear.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: January 14, 2009, 07:27:14 AM
Oh, and teen girls running around yelling Japanese words while cosplaying.

[tornado fang] if they weren't all screaming at the very sight of T.M. Revolution last year.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: January 14, 2009, 08:16:21 AM
Oh, and teen girls running around yelling Japanese words while cosplaying.

if i experience this, i'll be sure to go in my Agito costume and shout expletives all the [tornado fang]ing time.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: January 14, 2009, 08:19:25 AM
You'll probably/hopefully find more Comic Book than Anime fans there.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: January 14, 2009, 03:04:52 PM
question- should I cosplay Anime tenchou? im REALLY unsure. 's my first time goin.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:53 PM
I say, why the hell not? It's not like you get the chance to use your costume in public every day.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: January 14, 2009, 08:03:39 PM
It's questionable. Megacon is a pretty big comics convention, yet it's slowly becoming more and more weeaboo, at least based on what some of the people we met there who were frequent attendees.

IMO, the whole point of a con is to just go meet non-insane bitches (I.E. NOT those anime fangirls.) and have a party in a hotel room until about 6am. Good times...

This works best when it's out of town.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: January 15, 2009, 02:14:15 AM
I say, why the hell not? It's not like you get the chance to use your costume in public every day.
Im getting the Weekend pass... So I plan on the first day going normal, and seeing what happens. then the second day either go or not go in my costume depending on how the first day goes.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: January 15, 2009, 04:00:26 AM
To all those going to NY Comic-con...

You plan on going to the Mirage/TMNT Booth?  8D

Unfortunately, I ain't sure if they're slated to appear at the September Comic-con in Baltimore, MD (my home turf) later this year, and I can't go to this one, so I'm hoping you guys can maybe swing by and see if you can shake 'em up for any good stuff.

...like how the likes of Slash, Bebop and Rocksteady MUST be in that new TMNT Smash-like game coming out later this year. 8D It just won't be quite the party with out a lot of the characters most of us grew up with!

According to the official web, they'll be having a panel from 5:45-6:45PM on that Friday.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: January 15, 2009, 04:46:47 AM
It's questionable. Megacon is a pretty big comics convention, yet it's slowly becoming more and more weeaboo, at least based on what some of the people we met there who were frequent attendees.

IMO, the whole point of a con is to just go meet non-insane bitches (I.E. NOT those anime fangirls.) and have a party in a hotel room until about 6am. Good times...

LoL, my whole point of a Con is usually just to go, talk to creators and check out panels, and perhaps get an autograph or two.  Last year, I met the creators of Thundercats & Galaxy Rangers, two of my favorite 80's cartoon shows.  I had a really nice talk with both of them.

Plus, the reason I say I'd like more Comic Book fans is because NY HAS an Anime Festival for those very same people.  In the long run, it's [tornado fang]ing hot in the Javitz no matter what!  XD

To all those going to NY Comic-con...

You plan on going to the Mirage/TMNT Booth?  8D

Unfortunately, I ain't sure if they're slated to appear at the September Comic-con in Baltimore, MD (my home turf) later this year, and I can't go to this one, so I'm hoping you guys can maybe swing by and see if you can shake 'em up for any good stuff.

...like how the likes of Slash, Bebop and Rocksteady MUST be in that new TMNT Smash-like game coming out later this year. 8D It just won't be quite the party with out a lot of the characters most of us grew up with!

I'll see what I can do!   8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: January 15, 2009, 05:05:09 AM
Yeah. Im definetly getting me some autographs. hope I get ta meet up with ya PB! 8)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: January 15, 2009, 05:55:43 AM
Even if I can't really go the cons, I hope see pics of the your experiences and I hope hear about some the stuff they are showcasing in the show.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: January 15, 2009, 02:16:04 PM
I might make my own little review on MY experience, though PB might be better suited for that, since hes been to a few more,

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:17 PM
New screenshots and Video (I didn't have the proper plugin, so video didn't work for me)

It seems Shahra may be returning as Merlina.

Posted on: January 16, 2009, 09:54:41 AM
Video can now be seen here!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #192 on: January 16, 2009, 08:07:04 PM
I don't recall Sonic having Zero's rolling slash in one of those few minutes.. huh.  ???

But this game looks fun.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #193 on: January 16, 2009, 08:10:57 PM
*shocked* Um guys.... *points at the purple hair elfgirl* aren't you seeing a trend going on here? o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #194 on: January 16, 2009, 08:13:28 PM
*shocked* Um guys.... *points at the purple hair elfgirl* aren't you seeing a trend going on here? o.o

SEGA's cohorts have been here.. too long. What's next, XvZ theme during the faithful boss fight between Sonic and Shadow?

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: January 16, 2009, 08:25:41 PM
Game still looks like crap. I'll probably give this one a pass.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #196 on: January 16, 2009, 08:29:23 PM
Game still looks like crap. I'll probably give this one a pass.

Well, It looks like we have a sega toughie, who won't give this a shot. Biasement and poor terms of quality for sonic games has taken it's toll.

... Does anyone that can take a close look at the Black Knight's armor, and notice something strangely similar to X's CM armor?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52:19 PM
Design wise, it doesn't look that great at all. I'm really questioning the whole point of the sword if it's not really doing anything special. Secret Rings was given a bit of a free ride because it was early into the console's life and some of the actions the fire ring had made sense. The blade, however, just seems thrown in. Even Sonic Unleashed on Wii/PS2 looks far more entertaining than this, and those two still have a "cheap" feel to them.

Frankly, I'd rather not waste my cash. Usually I can tell when I'll like a Sonic game or not... call it years with the franchise. Unleashed had me at the Holoska trailer. This one though, as much as I found Secret Rings fun, really isn't making me go, "Sega, take my $50."

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: January 16, 2009, 08:54:41 PM
Well now that I've finally seen the video without it chopping up on me:

- The premise still has yet to sell me, but the game looks decent from what I can tell from the YT video.
- Purple haired female supporting characters are big at SEGA apparently. (Cue Ghost Girl - Merlin Girl comparisons)
- The Knight of The Wind tag makes sense now.
- WHERE. ARE. THE. RINGS?

That's all for now.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: January 16, 2009, 08:57:15 PM
...Good eye, Jelly. I didn't even notice that. There's a severe lack of rings in this game. Not that that's a major complaint, but it does deserve a "WTF?"

EDIT: Apparently, you get rings in sacks. They don't seem to be free range.