The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 397087

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:10 PM
If you guys notice carefully on upper right corner of the second screen with Teisel and Tron, the Bonnes are riding what looks like the Balcon Gerald.

=D

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: May 11, 2010, 08:22:02 PM
It's more like CattleOX island to me.

Oh wow i completley missed the "O" in that XD

Offline Trike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: May 11, 2010, 08:53:10 PM
Yeah, it says "CATTLEOX ISLAND". It seems to be a re-translation for Kattelox Island.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #303 on: May 11, 2010, 09:04:23 PM
Ooh... so if that's a stage, then there's a good chance of a Legends character being playable! Otherwise, why would they have a Legends stage? Surely not just for Tron and Teisel to stand on! ^_^

Yeah, that's definitely the town... look at that house on the left!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:03 AM
It's likely going to be Trigger again, or who knows? Maybe indeed they'll do like they did in some of Capcom's older games, where a character can appear in a background, but then "disappears" when they're actually on the field of battle themselves. (see: Felicia in Pocket Fighter, Spider-man in MSH vs. SF)  

If that be the case, then Tron may not be completely out of the running. Tron was a fun character to play in MvC2, so I wouldn't mind her returning. Plus, if it was her (and not Trigger) would immediately make it possible for any other Rockman to get instead.

ANY WAY. Seth Killian tries to smooth this button config fiasco over...

Quote from: s-kill
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been slow on this--being on the road all the time slows this kind of stuff down more than I wish it did, and I really wanted to nip this in the bud before it got blown all out of proportion. Darn you internets!  Smile

Here is the bottom line:  MVC3's controls are still in development, but it currently has 4 attack buttons, and two assist  buttons.  If you want the take-away, you can stop reading now because that's the bottom line.

The excitement has all come from the way those buttons are labeled--specifically because one of the attack buttons has a new name.  Why does it get its own name?  Because:

a) coming up with exciting new names for stuff is what marketing departments do (was "Aerial Rave" a reason to worry about what we used to just call "air combos"?).

b) it does  some fun new stuff in some circumstances, but in many ways that stuff is not different than command normals in MVC2.  It does stuff like launching (also a normal move in MVC2), causing OTG-able flying screen (normal in MVC2), and some other interesting effects (not as much like MVC2, but a pretty natural evolution).  

I understand people's concerns and that even the hint of a change can cause people to go to red alert and divert all power to forward deflector shields.  We know MVC2 is serious business, and a very special game.  Part of the reason we know that is because we made it, and there are key  people from MVC2 on MVC3.  We've worked for years to make this game a reality, and so we take it very seriously.  The objective is not to "dumb down" a thing, but there are ways to go new places without also giving new players the finger.  We have high hopes--you should too.  It's easy to get worked up and complain in the absence of a lot of hard info, and there will be plenty of time for that, but I hope we can agree that stuff should come after people have actually played the game and seen it in action.

The good news on that front is that--just like SFIV--we're not hiding this away, and want to get it out and into your hands as early and as often as we can.  

best,

Seth

Still not exactly feeling it, but at least knowing there are two separate assist buttons means they're not COMPLETELY insane, and tried to map two assists to one button.

Edit: Famitsu actually has a few more pics to share.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: May 12, 2010, 05:07:29 AM
Seth is a cool guy. Got to talk to him for a bit at Penny Arcade.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: May 12, 2010, 05:16:56 AM
I'm pretty positive about this so far. I'll trust their judgment for now, and see how it is when they demo it or something. I'm a fan of JoJo/MeltyBlood/TatsuCap controls, so it may not be a biggie for me, but I know things changing could go south. I'll keep an open mind for the moment.

Speaking of which, I wish they had a JoJo sequel. There is so much to draw from in that series, so a whole sequel set would be very possible. Man I love that game. The stand system was so cool. I only got to play it because CPS3 got emulated. I suppose it's been on Dreamcast though, and PS1 to a lesser degree.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: May 12, 2010, 05:20:14 AM
Speaking of which, I wish they had a JoJo sequel. There is so much to draw from in that series, so a whole sequel set would be very possible. Man I love that game. The stand system was so cool. I only got to play it because CPS3 got emulated. I suppose it's been on Dreamcast though, and PS1 to a lesser degree.

That really, really needs to be made. If they give GER to Giorno he'd be god tier though.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: May 12, 2010, 05:25:43 AM
Yeah. Would probably be something like Dio's time stop eating a super bar every 2 seconds.

Imagine Father Pucci though. Max super; "Alternate Dimension Timeline" instant KO/victory? >_>

JoJo is so awesome. I have to start reading Steel Ball Run. I finished Stone Ocean a little while back.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: May 12, 2010, 05:29:18 AM
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a game dear to me, and honestly a game that stands up there with MvC2 and Vampire Savior in being among THE most complicated fighting games Capcom has ever made.

So, that said? I dunno if I would want to trust Ono or Nitsuma would such a game.

If I had it my way, such a game would be given to the likes of ARIKA and Craft & Meister, both of which are filled with Ex-Capcom employees. Hell, Noritaka Funamizu (who's reportedly at C&M) was the one who was directly responsible for games like Jojo, the Vampires, the Street Fighter Alphas, and every Marvel vs. game except MvC2. Hell, even Super DBZ was, in my opinion, a much better game than any of the Budokais and Tenkaichis.

If his team could get the funding, I'd like to think that Jojo/Steel Ball Run game could definitely be made by C&M/Arika. But who knows if such a thing will happen...

Imagine Father Pucci though. Max super; "Alternate Dimension Timeline" instant KO/victory? >_>

JoJo is so awesome. I have to start reading Steel Ball Run. I finished Stone Ocean a little while back.

Yes, you do. In fact, if you did....

*DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS FOR THE MANGA. SERIOUSLY!*

[spoiler]You'd know that the President is probably the one guy who probably has the most insane ability yet. Being able to basically swap places with himself from another timeline, by going in between "literal" spaces. Araki is a genius. Only he could make such off the wall abilities like this.[/spoiler]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: May 12, 2010, 05:34:48 AM
Yeah, that sounds quite crazy, and at least it's not hard to understand unlike [tornado fang]ing King Crimson which I still have no idea how the hell it really works ¬__¬

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #311 on: May 12, 2010, 05:50:01 AM
For a second there I thought you were talking about the band...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: May 27, 2010, 04:40:12 PM
Direct feed pics are here. You can clearly see the entirety of "The Bonne Bunch" in the backdrop of that stage, now.  8D

Now, my thoughts?

Well, while it does look nice, it's not quite what I would have wanted for a "comic-book art style", certainly. It's doesn't go for the "gritty" that could describe Marvel, or even the "anime" style that Capcom had in the previous Marvel-style games. It just looks like....HD TvC with Marvel characters.  -u-'

Ah well, hopefully it will look better in motion. And hey, "PROTON CANNON!!!!" confirmed.  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:48 PM

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: May 27, 2010, 09:05:15 PM
He should totally prop up the Proton Cannon with Cap's shield!  XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: May 27, 2010, 11:49:43 PM
Something feels off about the Proton Cannon, I dunno...prop it up with Cap's shield as PB says, that should fix it XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #317 on: May 27, 2010, 11:53:31 PM

I remember the Proton Cannon's sprite being abused by many spriters very well.  8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: May 28, 2010, 03:09:24 AM
Who do you guys think will be Cap? Steve or Bucky?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: May 28, 2010, 03:18:34 AM
My guess is Steve.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: May 28, 2010, 03:45:07 AM
My guess is Steve.
But isn't Marvel trying to push forward their new Marvel canon? I think they might want Buckycap.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: May 28, 2010, 03:54:54 AM
It's possible, but will BuckyCap have the same moves?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: May 28, 2010, 04:39:04 AM
If there is no Final Justice, I will be PISSED.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: May 28, 2010, 04:35:06 PM
It's possible, but will BuckyCap have the same moves?
Most probably. Plus "GUN!".

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: May 28, 2010, 05:31:49 PM
But isn't Marvel trying to push forward their new Marvel canon? I think they might want Buckycap.

While Marvel will likely have plenty of say in the roster on their side, and likely will push their canon to some degree, there are still some things to consider.

As always is the case, the Marvel vs. Capcom games, as well as the characters and plotlines that may exist, are something unto themselves. Not only in respect to what fans will be expecting from the series, but in light of how the games can afford to take some liberties, because Marvel can't expect people who just want to play this damn game to keep up with their canon from the last decade, and may be more likely to know of Marvel's heroes through the movies and "Super Hero Squad". Much less people like me who did more to drop off years ago, and only pop in occasionally for good TPB material like Cable/Deadpool and Planet/WW Hulk.  8D

So, I'm thinking? Canon-pushing will likely get some nods, but will be minimalized for the sake of that casual Marvel crowd I posed above. I mean, it may be obvious that certain characters like Carnage and others may not get in (because, well...they're kinda dead, and some haven't been relevant in over a decade any way). But if came down to it, if ANY version of Venom were to get into the game, it would likely be something closer to the familiar, "WE WILL EAT YOUR BRAIN~!" Brock-Venom that people know and love the most (and still gets marketed through Super Hero Squad-inspired toylines and the like).

At best, comic book geeks will get their nods likely through the form of some newer characters introduced in the last few years, and characters possibly getting "skins" that reflect recent developments in the story line (Anti Venom and Red Hulk are easy examples of this, I think). But Marvel does have to remember that, again, this game isn't explicitly for comic book geeks, just as much as Capcom has made it clear that this game isn't merely for fans of previous Marvel-style fighters.  8D