Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 268527

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Ok, the Yoda/DV thing was a little uncalled for in SCIV. Its kinda difficult to understand why or how they got in.

But Samus in DOA, not having that is a missed opportunity, jiggly boobs + Zero Suit= HNNGH.

But I digress.

Heart Attacks are the most popular digressions.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Didn't feel like updating the Kid Icarus thread since this is a little insignificant. Nintendo launched a teaser site for Kid Icarus Uprising with some really kickass music, which you can download here.

There's a lengthy gameplay/tutorial video on the site (left link), but might as well post a youtube link as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGPg7j2amRc[/youtube]

While it still looks fun, i can't honestly say that i haven't lost a lot of interest.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Didn't feel like updating the Kid Icarus thread since this is a little insignificant. Nintendo launched a teaser site for Kid Icarus Uprising with some really kickass music, which you can download here.

There's a lengthy gameplay/tutorial video on the site (left link), but might as well post a youtube link as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGPg7j2amRc[/youtube]

While it still looks fun, i can't honestly say that i haven't lost a lot of interest.

Why is Pit in a Starfox game?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Welcome to E3 2010...

Game still looks gorgeous, glad to see that.  Most of the video is stuff we already knew, though the Smash Bros. run mechanic is nice, ought to keep things a lot more active than Metroid Prime Hunters.  Art is lovely.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Why is Pit in a Starfox game?
Only finding out now eh? :P

Still looks like fun to me, although I'm still worried about the camera control on the touch screen. They should have a way to center the camera behind the way Pit is facing, maybe an icon like the one they use for inverting the flight controls.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
That's...not a bad idea.  Little late now, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Pokédex 3D, featuring all of the new Pokémon from the recent Pokémon Black and White games, will allow users to look up information about more than 150 Pokémon and their moves, all for free. It will make use of SpotPass and Augmented Reality.

Players start with 16 Pokémon and can unlock the remaining Pokédex entries by scanning QR Codes, using SpotPass (up to three random Pokémon a day), or by trading data with friends, likely via StreetPass.

Users will be able to view each Pokémon in 3D, and rotate them a full 360 degrees. The Pokédex features filters and bookmarking capabilities as well.

The app will use the 3DS' built-in Augmented Reality capabilities to display Pokémon in pictures taken via the 3DS Camera.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26460

Pics at source

Want because of the bolded D:

Also, it's free so no real reason not to get it honestly.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I'd [sonic slicer] about the limited selection of 'mans, except that it's free.  So, what the heck?  May as well kill some SD card space.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
North American eShop launch lineup
European eShop launch lineup

A quote from the VC/Ware thread, with the Japanese launch lineup. (Also a NintendoLife source)

A good list of games to download at launch!

Virtual Console
~ Rockman World (Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge) (Capcom, Game Boy, 400 yen) <- yay~ <3
~ Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 yen)
~ Baseball (Nintendo, Game Boy, 300 yen)
~ Phantasm (Jaleco, Game Boy, 400 yen)
~ Downtown Special Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou! (Arc, Game Boy, 400 yen)
~ Super Mario Land (Nintendo, Game Boy, 400 yen)

3D Classics (Old games remade with 3D effects)
~ Xevious (Nintendo, 600 yen)
~ Excitebike (Nintendo, 600 yen, free through 7/31)

Original Games / 3DSWare
~ Mystery P.I Kieta Film (G Mode, 600 yen)
~ 3D Block Kuzushi (Silverstar Japan, 500 yen)

Hopefully the rest of the Rockman games will show up too. ^^

Posted on: June 02, 2011, 15:35:48
Wow, they really remade most of the 2D objects into 3D objects, with 3D view, you can see it better in Excitebike.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6flZrWasEY[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6flZrWasEY

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5yeV4wQTRY[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5yeV4wQTRY

I'm excited to see what the other classics, like Rockman, will look like~

And the Prepaid Cards.

More about the prepaid cards here~

I dunno why no "Mega Man" on the NA/EU side yet. Licensing? Nintendo's approval needed? >u<;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Did I just see Rockman GB games on the Jap VC?

Ahem...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  8)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I dunno why no "Mega Man" on the NA/EU side yet. Licensing? Nintendo's approval needed? >u<;
I'm wondering that too.  They'd better fix it pretty darn quick!

So, for free, Excitebike, Pokedex, and web browser.  Sweet.  I may hold off on actually paying for any further games until I see some blue bomber up there, though.  Mario Land's awesome, but I'm not sure I want to pay 4 bucks for a version I cannot hack to play as Daisy. :V  On the other hand, I do kinda miss Alleyway...

EDITS: Also, Nintendolife seems to have some palette errors in their screenshots.  I certainly hope the 3DS VC will do a better job than that. XD

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
I'm wondering that too.  They'd better fix it pretty darn quick!

They just did~ (I don't think it's at launch tho)
Search for "Mega Man" and the platform to "Nintendo 3DS".
Wait long enough and all 5 GB Mega Man games should be on 3DS soon, I hope. ^^
And who knows, maybe we will see the "Mega Man Xtreme" games too~ :3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
3 days for Shantae DS! (Sorry, I'm actually more excited to play this than any of the Megaman VC titles.)

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
3 days for Shantae DS!

Yay~!
Try and beat in less than 2 hours (any %, not 100%) for something good. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
And who knows, maybe we will see the "Mega Man Xtreme" games too~ :3
PB still won't play them. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
That he will not.  But I would KILL for Xtreme2 on my 3DS. 8)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
I'm surprised that there's no details on enhancing regular GB games in a basic fashion (ie. move Layer 0 back, Layer 1~3 forwards in certain amounts, etc), because it looks to me like the 3D Classics line is made to set up particular objects backwards or forwards

Then again, not everything has to be in 3D...

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
It's not that simple. Especially since GB games have one background layer, and 2 sprite layers only. It simply wouldn't work.

Even on other games/consoles, the way layers are utilized and the way graphics processors are used to create advanced effects would completely shatter that kind of blanket effect from ever working. It really has to be redone if you want a workable 3D effect.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'm surprised that there's no details on enhancing regular GB games in a basic fashion (ie. move Layer 0 back, Layer 1~3 forwards in certain amounts, etc), because it looks to me like the 3D Classics line is made to set up particular objects backwards or forwards

Then again, not everything has to be in 3D...

Like Objection Man said, the GB doesn't have that many layers.

You'd get better results from auto converting an SNES game.

I still think it'd be fun to try to code an emulator to use a 3D rendering engine to reproduce enhanced HDMA and Mode-7 effects.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
That settles it, we need F-Zero 3D...

It's not that simple. Especially since GB games have one background layer, and 2 sprite layers only. It simply wouldn't work.

Even on other games/consoles, the way layers are utilized and the way graphics processors are used to create advanced effects would completely shatter that kind of blanket effect from ever working. It really has to be redone if you want a workable 3D effect.
He speaks the truth.  Remember how the GBC/A would color objects and backgrounds differently in GB games?  That's about as far as you'd get in terms of layering.  In basically any platformer your character would be further forward than the ground.

On any system advanced enough to have multiple scrolling backgrounds (the only way this theory is worth anything), there are simply too many tricks it can pull that will break it.  Just off the top of my head, on SNES, the rotating/resizing that goes on in Super Mario World and Super Metroid.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Sure, was only a example for the sake of examples (perhaps I should have stated that more clearly), but the SGB effect in terms of depth instead of colours was what I had in mind.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I wouldn't see the point to remaking Xtreme 1 (unless you change the levels and such), but how would you feel about a full on 3DS Xtreme 2 remake?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
They could remake Xtreme 1 to not suck.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Sure, was only a example for the sake of examples (perhaps I should have stated that more clearly), but the SGB effect in terms of depth instead of colours was what I had in mind.

You mean have a frame and have the game appear to be inside the frame as a 2D layer?
That might work, but I think we'd rather just have the game.

Maybe they can add some options to the bottom screen so you could adjust overall appearant distance and distance between each layer. It might never look good, but it would give you the option.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I wouldn't see the point to remaking Xtreme 1 (unless you change the levels and such), but how would you feel about a full on 3DS Xtreme 2 remake?
Need you ask?  It'd be fan-gasmic!
However, given Capcom's track record on the Wii's VC, I'll consider getting the final X-series handheld on 3DS in any form to be nothing short of miraculous.  And, it'll be a long wait, with its predecessor and the entire World series most likely in line before it.

They could remake Xtreme 1 to not suck.
Xtreme1 has too much that needs fixing and not enough benefit to reap for fixing it, given that the game did virtually nothing original.