Fate/Extra

Guest · 83538

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:17 AM
Yeah, after seeing various gameplay videos before, i'm still not interested in this game. No amount of TM could make me change my mind.

Archer

Reply #151 on: July 04, 2011, 02:02:12 AM
Well, it's not as if I played it for the gameplay myself.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:50 PM
Yeah, after seeing various gameplay videos before, i'm still not interested in this game. No amount of TM could make me change my mind.

I watched a few gameplay videos too. And I couldn't tell what's going on.

Seemed interesting though. I might end up getting this.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:08 AM
I'm just super happy to have it come over! Finding out it was coming oversea, I screamed in happiness! I love this game, and the best part I'll finally understand the story!

By the way:
Fate/Extra will only have Japanese Voiceovers

I wouldn't mind a dual audio option with English dub, but oh well. No real loss, I've played games with Japanese voices only and I don't mind one bit! Actually a good way to learn and understand what the characters are saying, I've heard some of the same phrases and words before I understand they mean now. And I love Caster's JP voice... so cute despite wanting to know what her English voice would sound like!

Plus this saves money because it cost money to dub the game and it would take longer, maybe, to release it this year. Anyway this is Day One purchase for me! Do you think they'll have the bonus material like the Fate/Extra books and Figure that came with the game? Figure, don't think so, Book, possible.

Posted on: July 04, 2011, 07:20:19 PM
English Screenshots of Fate/Extra!

Original Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/08/aksys-summon-english-screens-of-fateextra/

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

PS: It looks like Fate/Extra will be released in the US on October 18th, if Amazon has been provided accurate release dates for games so far!
http://www.amazon.com/Fate-Extra-sony-psp/dp/B005EYJ4PO/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312727652&sr=1-2

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Archer

Reply #154 on: September 06, 2011, 07:00:10 AM
"Fate / EXTRA CCC" for PSP Spring 2012

Completely new RPG
Character Design: Takeuchi Takashi
Scenario: Nasu Kinoko

Saber (CV: Tange Sakura), and two mysterious girls

Regular Edition 6,279 yen
Limited Edition "TYPE-MOON Virgin White BOX" 10,479 yen
Luxury BOX, Saber Figma, clipart, Tange Sakura album song

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/

So it seems we are yet again getting a a new Saber. This time it's a white Saber called "Saber Bride" (voiced by Sakura Tange, voice of Saber Extra).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: September 06, 2011, 11:03:54 PM
Great, another one. Let me know when Melty Blood goes portable.

And as I previously said before
Ayako Kawasumi isn't voicing Saber?

Fail.

Archer

Reply #156 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:55 AM
Nero isn't Arturia, you know. They need something to differentiate them other than their outfits.

Posted on: September 07, 2011, 01:31:19 PM

So it seems this 'Bride Saber' is just Nero wearing a new outfit. Well, I had assumed as much from the voice actress anyway. Who wants to bet that this new look exists solely so they have a new figma to bundle with the limited edition?

The text here heavily hints that the amnesiac main character and Saber return from the previous game. And apparently, Nasu posted of his blog thingy about Tamamo-no-Mae Caster, which one could be taken as a hint for her possible return too.

And that new, clearly unknown character? What big mystery it is.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: September 08, 2011, 06:54:47 AM
Tamamo-no-Mae Caster is coming back possibly? Hell yeah, I love her! owo
Maybe she'll have a "Wedding" dress too? She always wanted to be a wife!

Well this is a sequel to Fate/Extra with the same Protagonist but set in an alternate ending because of a 'failed' Holy Grail War. Makes sense if Saber Extra comes back, so does Caster and Archer as well.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Archer

Reply #158 on: September 08, 2011, 01:15:29 PM
Here, have some new pics. Not that anyone else on here other than you cares about this game, VirusChris.

And it's already up for pre-order.

Posted on: September 08, 2011, 05:12:59 PM
And the official website has been opened.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: September 08, 2011, 08:52:40 PM
Two Sakuras? Interesting, is the sequel about the NPC Sakura and her mysterious look-alike?
I'm curious about how the story goes, it seems to deviate before the Final Boss battle of the game I think or after you beat the Final Boss and the system crashes sending back here.

Hope Archer and Caster makes an appearance and I wonder what their new costumes will be if they have one.

And I shame no one else around here likes this game as well.

Archer

Reply #160 on: September 13, 2011, 01:52:00 PM
Limited and regular edition versions of the game will be available, and the limited edition will include some of the items bundled with the Japanese version of the game like a 15-page Fate Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack. Retail price is listed as US$39.99 for the limited edition, US$29.99 for the standard edition, and US$24.99 for the PlayStation®Network download version of the game.

>no figma

Expected, but I'm sure someone will be upset about it.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: October 29, 2011, 06:43:10 AM
No loss for me, but I didn't get the figma when I pre-order the game as I was lacking some funds for the limited edition version.

But I'm excited when it comes out! ^_^

Posted on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:09 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/28/fateextra-coming-next-tuesday-which-servant-will-you-select/

Fate/EXTRA comes out next week and I'm excited! Also the booklet, Fate/the fact, is also being released with the game but sadly in the US you have pre-order the game ONLINE to obtain the booklet as you cannot pick the booklet up at retail GameStop stores (only in Canada are they doing that). So if you want the booklet you have to get it online on GameStop.com, that's the only way to get it.

It contains an interview with the character Rin Tosaka from the game and other various fact about the game's world.

And about the Fate/EXTRA CCC, both the Protagonist and all three Servants (each with their own alternate costume) will return in the spin-off sequel (however it's classified as more of a Sakura Route to the Rin and Rani route of the first game, kinda like in the VN with the Saber, Rin, and Sakura route) which focuses on the character Sakura and a mysterious look-alike called the "Black Magus" along with a new Tailed Servant girl, who's personality is stated to be very similar to Luvia Edelfelt, as her picture is posted above in Archer's post.  

Fate/EXTRA CCC comes out in Spring 2012 in Japan for the PSP.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: November 12, 2011, 04:25:59 PM
Started slowly playing this...

[spoiler]Am now on Shinji's GREAT TREASURE HUNT. [/spoiler]
Also:

This Saber is SOOO much better.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: November 17, 2011, 10:51:00 PM
Aw man, there are times when I want to post screenshots or videos of the games I'm playing like Fate/Extra! I've already beaten the game twice with both Male MC/Caster and Male MC/Saber both Rin Routes, and now I'm on my third run with Female MC/Archer and then a Rani Route!

This game is so addicting, and I also like this Saber very much too but Caster is the only one for me! ^_^
And the guys over at GameFAQs finally figured out how to get Caster's Matrix level to E finally!

And this game has quite the humorous lines I've ever seen in a video game before, despite the few errors now and then in the dialogue.

So far it looks like Fate/Extra is doing good in the US and if it does really well Aksys MIGHT localized the sequel, Fate/Extra CCC, as well! I cannot wait!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:26 AM
Red Saber was in the latest episode of Carnival Phantasm. Maybe hinting at other Extra characters appearing?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #165 on: November 20, 2011, 03:26:51 AM
Knowing most other characters, they would have most likely critisized her dress, two would have wet themselves, and three would've fallen over due to a nosebleed.

It's a show that's as unpredictable as it's source material, heh. If others from EXTRA appeared, I'd bet they would cause confusion and chaos, since comedy is the show's theme.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: November 20, 2011, 03:33:17 AM
Knowing most other characters, they would have most likely critisized her dress

Taiga actually did mention that the front part of the dress was see-through. Red Saber's response was: "I want them to see it. It's cool and nice"

I think it'd be cool to see Extra's Caster appear at least briefly. Imagine the cuteness overload.

Archer

Reply #167 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:06 AM
why the [tornado fang] is Archer now a raging homosexual?

[tornado fang]ing fate/extra ruins everything

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: December 08, 2011, 11:54:45 AM
Well...there has to be SOME evidence as to who he is

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: December 08, 2011, 02:47:17 PM
You say that as if his original outfit wasn't screaming "I'M A [Top Spin]".
I mean, really?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: December 08, 2011, 09:17:16 PM

.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You say that as if his original outfit wasn't screaming "I'M A [Top Spin]".
I mean, really?

It wasn't at all. I think it was one of the better designs of the servants.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #171 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:49 PM
Okay, now I can officially say the pants design has been done to death. Either use the chain as a whip or ditch it, ya homo.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:22 PM
Come to think of it, Ed looks similar pants wise.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

But it looks like it has more breathing room than Archer's.

Archer

Reply #173 on: December 09, 2011, 11:48:15 AM

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: December 11, 2011, 12:54:04 AM
I don't know what the problem is with Archer, I think he looks alright though I was expecting something a little more badass.

And what, no love for Caster's new outfit?

Goth-like MC outfit for the win! I was expecting a Bride outfit for her actually but I think I prefer this look more. Shows the cuteness, sexyness, and hotness of Caster rolled into one! ^_^

Also the new looks for the MC in Fate/Extra CCC

Granted they look great in Black instead of Brown, but I kinda hoping for the Male MC to have an open jacket at least to be a bit more stylish though I like the Female MC's look but miss the thigh stocking she wore.