Nue is the midboss.
The Tanuki Youkai with Ten Transformations
Mamizou Futatsuiwa
[/spoiler]

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: August 13, 2011, 05:49:25 PM
Saw those last night during a livestream. I'm liking the final boss a bit, especially their very UNCE UNCE stage theme. Everyone's been calling her DJ Youkai. Given the longass name I think I'll be using that to.

Also just WTF at the EX Boss. Though I find it ironic there was a fan character from ages back that was Chen's own shikigami, and was the same species.

EDIT: Oh, of course it's uploaded. Here's the stage theme I'm talking about. Dat bassline.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: August 13, 2011, 07:08:39 PM
I think there was a Tanuki in those Touhou mangas...With those Three fairies.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: August 13, 2011, 10:21:29 PM
So those are the new characters? Aw, I thought Mima would finally turn up after all this time... poor Mima. :<
Guess I should try to get the full game then, it's going to be a lot of fun! I did play the demo, and it was my first true Touhou game I've ever played, but I did die on Stage 3 a lot on Normal...

So are these new characters staying at Byakuren's Temple, or are only Kyouko, Yoshika, and Mamizou the one staying with Byakuren?

Here's a list of the new songs for each of the character:
Youkai Girl at the Gate -- Kyouko Kasodani's Theme
Rigid Paradise -- Yoshika Miyako's Theme
Old Yanshuen -- Seiga Kaku's Theme
Legend of the Great Gods -- Mononobe no Futo's Theme
True Administrator -- Toyosatomimi no Miko's Theme
Futatsuiwa From Sado -- Mamizou Futatsuiwa's Theme

A Small Desire's Starry Sky -- Toyosatomimi no Miko Final Stage Theme

EDIT: Made a mistake, listed Miko's Stage Theme instead of her Boss Theme. It's linked now.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:56:06 PM by VirusChris »

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #179 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:06 PM
I'm hearing on doujin forums that there's a Touhou Battle Network game that was released in C80. :\

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: August 16, 2011, 07:57:26 PM
Sure why not..if there is Pokemon game then this can't be too crazy.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:55 PM
I'm hearing on doujin forums that there's a Touhou Battle Network game that was released in C80. :\
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=2484.msg321872#msg321872

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: May 29, 2013, 09:50:15 PM
I can't believe I'm necro bumping. but this thread exists for a reason.

Introducing some new Touhou characters, featured in the 14th game "Double Dealing Character". NOTE: these are fan-art of official characters

From left to right, in order of appearance:

Wakasagihime, a mermaid (hmm... another "hime")
Sekibanki, a nukekubi (detachable-head-girl)
Kagerou Imaizumi, a werewolf (mmm... screw EX Keine, I'd yiff this [sonic slicer] anytime [eyebrow])

What's more Sakuya is playable once again.

Fear me.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:59 PM
yeaaa haven't even tried the demo. I've been playing Hopeless Masquerade which came out simultaneously though. Things have been considerably simplified compared to the previous fighting spin offs, but I'm generally having a much better time because of it. Puts me on more even ground with my friends, for now at least. Been using Reimu the most because her teleport kick and barrier attacks are too much fun to throw people off with. That being said Koishi's a [lightning web] with her counter of sorts that triggers from a circle she spawns that if not activated can take up 80% OF THE WHOLE [tornado fang]ing SCREEN. Even when keeping distance and managing to knock her off guard the move is still in effect. Such bullshit. But yeah other than that, good times.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:02 PM
yeaaa haven't even tried the demo. I've been playing Hopeless Masquerade which came out simultaneously though. Things have been considerably simplified compared to the previous fighting spin offs, but I'm generally having a much better time because of it. Puts me on more even ground with my friends, for now at least. Been using Reimu the most because her teleport kick and barrier attacks are too much fun to throw people off with. That being said Koishi's a [lightning web] with her counter of sorts that triggers from a circle she spawns that if not activated can take up 80% OF THE WHOLE [tornado fang]ing SCREEN. Even when keeping distance and managing to knock her off guard the move is still in effect. Such bullshit. But yeah other than that, good times.
Wait, the full version is out?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: May 29, 2013, 10:59:31 PM
yeah. this past Sunday along with 14's demo. It's in need of more patching though, namely being able to actually play as the final boss in VS. mode. Apparently they couldn't balance her in time and fix some major bugs such as the game crashing when about to face the final boss in story mode or using one simple move with Koishi. The latter two have been resolved at least. but it's pretty [tornado fang]ing sad. This isn't the big commercial gaming industry Tasofro, take your damn time as needed.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: May 29, 2013, 11:03:52 PM
It's....okay that I fan-gasm throughout this thread right? Still need to get a new computer to play all this new Touhou.  owo

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: May 30, 2013, 04:28:44 AM
I haven't installed Hopeless Masquerade yet... f^^:;

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:32 AM
VS mode feels laggy though and using Nitori is hilarious.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: August 13, 2013, 01:50:37 PM
So the full version of Hopeless Masquerade is out? Might as well collect while I'm at it. 8)

Posted on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:29 AM
I'm proud to announce that "Double Dealing Character", the full game, has been released. I wish there were some full playthrough vids. I'm eager to know how twisted is Kijin Seija's reverse psychology, in-game.

And it looks like the Prismrivers got some actual rivals (not to mention the EX boss, BTW), this time.  :D

Oh, yeah, some official art on the new characters, as proof:

Fear me.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: August 13, 2013, 04:59:34 PM
saw them the other day. I don't know [parasitic bomb] about them so I'm just gonna call them the K-On group. The EX boss with the suit is pretty cool though. Her outfit combined with Mamizou's glasses seems to be channeling Rikako Asakura.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:47 PM
There's a few fangames I also want to bring up to anyone reading this from previous Comiket and Reitaisai events. I hope TH14 is exaggerating with the game listing Windows Vista, 7, and 8 as its supported OS.

Posted on: August 14, 2013, 05:02:25 PM
A few other fangames, recent and old.

[spoiler=video dump]Labyrinth of Touhou 2 (C84)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvhz_W0qQWI[/youtube]
Sequel to Labyrinth of Touhou, obviously. Looks damn pretty. *o*

Bullet Report (C84)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAFGZHRfrQ[/youtube]

CODE:R~ 幻想郷より愛をこめて ~ (C84)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-oOIYQ4qA[/youtube]
Touhou in my Splinter Cell? o-O

Touhou Splinter Cell CODE:R / 東方スプリンターセル CODE:R
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u774LkWW-a4[/youtube]
The original 2D game of the above.

The Mistress' Heart-throbbing Adventure: The Cursed Mansion / お嬢様のドキドキ大作戦~呪われた紅の館~
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNcnm8mGTL4[/youtube]
Also from the same creators above. They also made this game. In case you're wondering, this game does have an English patch.

Touhou Koubutou / 東方紅舞闘
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84CbQWzgLX8[/youtube]
Now Touhou in my Virtual-ON?

Genso no Rondo / 幻想の輪舞
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I608r3L2uY[/youtube]
Now Senko no Ronde?

Touhou Lotus Craft / 東方ストレテジー
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JliXzn6GE0[/youtube]
Now Star Craft... I give up...[/spoiler]

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: August 20, 2013, 07:56:30 PM
having just played Splinter Cell, I'm thinking to pick up that Touhou one. Reimu's outfit bugs the hell outta me though.

Also while never having played Labyrinth of Touhou nor planning to, I'd really like to know who did the character art. I really like that Hina and Marisa.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: May 11, 2014, 07:22:23 PM
A new Spin-off has been made, called "Impossible Spellcard".

Impossible Spellcard- Overview of Trailer

And I'm quite surprised our one of latest characters became playable, so soon already. Time to pull of a quick reversal.

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Now why am I reviving a dead topic? Well, something has finally happen for the Touhou series. (Admittedly, the news has been a week old, but it's news here.)

Quote from: Playism's Blog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxeUQuCNxnI
Hey everyone!

It’s been a long time coming, and while a lot of Playism fans have guessed it was inevitable, everyone likes an official announcement: Touhou is officially coming to Playism EN (and sooner than you think)!

That’s right! With the upcoming release of Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character, we’re kicking open the floodgates and introducing Touhou to the English speaking world. This will mark the very first official release of a Touhou title in English speaking territories.

The Touhou Project, now helmed solely by creator Zun, was first started in 1995 with its first release: Highly Responsive to Prayers. After a three year absence following the release of the 5th Touhou title, Zun finally returned to Touhou, formed Team Shanghai Alice, and continued to work on the series independently.

Since then, the Touhou series has become a cult favorite among gamers around the world, has had countless games using the series’ characters, and become a veritable phenomenon in the doujin gaming scene.

We’re absolutely thrilled to be working with Team Shanghai Alice to bring Touhou to western shores, and we at Playism hope you’re as excited as we are to see Touhou finally see the light of day in the West!

Dying for a release date? We’ll be releasing more info about Touhou’s big debut soon! Keep your eyes peeled to the Playism blog, our Twitter and Facebook for upcoming info!
Source: http://playism-games.com/article/touhou-finally-coming-to-the-west

Finally, after two decades of this series' existence, we can buy these games the easy way a Touhou has getting an official overseas release. This could mean other games in the series could be brought overseas (like the fighting games), or maybe even update some of the older ones to work better on today's Windows operating systems, or even port them to Mac and Linux if they got the programmers who can do a decent porting job. Before this, there was talk of bringing some of the fan games onto PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, but this is probably the series first step into Western shores. Even though I suck miserably at the shoot 'em ups, but I'm looking forward to the possibilities this could open.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:42 AM
Probably 0% chance of happening, but I'd love for an English release of Phantasmagoria of Flower View to be updated with better netplay. That aside, really glad to see this finally happening. Wonder if Steam will be an option down the line. Could be bull but I thought I heard that ZUN actually likes the platform.

Also, any other peeps here read the official Touhou manga? In particular the two ongoing ones Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery are really damn good for any seasoned fan. Lots of world building and much needed character interaction outside of the usual bizarre dialogue in the games. Also Marisa is the most [tornado fang]ing adorable thing in every single appearance she makes in them

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: April 15, 2015, 06:19:07 AM
There's official manga for the series? That's news to me. I'll definitely give those a read. It has been a while since I read any since Advent Cirno a few years back.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:33 AM
Knowing there are other touhou fans makes me sick to my stomach...

with excitement. *o*

Home sweet home

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:41 AM
TOUHOU 15 - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom - Announcement Analysis

Confirming that the official 15th project is in the works.

And hooray for Reisen being a playable outside the VS titles. *claps with excitement*

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: May 08, 2015, 10:24:15 PM
Yesterday Playism has brought out Touhou 14 ~ Double Dealing Character (oddly enough, it's not officially translated but there appears to be a patch for that already), fresh out of Playism's bakery is illuCalab's Takkoman -Kouzatsu World-. Since some of us already dabbed into the former already, let's get into the latter of the two recent offerings.

Looking for a fast-paced Mega Man Zero-styled action-platformer? Is Megamari not badass enough for you? Then this game might be the answer you've been looking for. Enter Takorin, a Flandre Scarlet yukkuri(?) from the Takorin tribe whom preserve chaos of Kouzatsukyo (or rather "order" in this game's world) and she makes it her business to kick, slash, shoot up other yukkuri-like abominations and sentient food items from breaching Gensokyo (or something of that nature). The game feels like a Devil May Cry version of Mega Man Zero with the hectic pace of the action and rewards you for doing well, and like Zero from Mega Man X/Zero you gain techniques from the bosses you defeat.

Touhou 14 ~ Double Dealing Character and Takkoman -Kouzatsu World- can be yours for $14.99 and $9.99, respectively.

On the PlayStation side of things, Play, Doujin! will be bringing out souvenir circ.'s Maihana Soumakyou ~ Uniting Barrage Action (they also made Cröixleur Sigma) and CUBETYPE's Gensou no Rondo for the PlayStation 4, both boasting updated HD graphics and new features not seen in their original PC counterparts. Vita owners will be getting Mystery Gensokyo: The Tower of Desire with graphical and gameplay improvements. Not sure if Play, Doujin! are planning on bringing any of these games to West, though.

Maihana Soumakyou ~ Uniting Barrage Action is, more-or-less, a horizontal version of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil a lá Deathsmiles, although Sanae from Mountain of Faith makes an appearance in this one as a boss. The PS4 port will also feature a new playable character (it seems to be Alice judging by the comparison shot of the character select screen). Release date hasn't been announced yet.

Genso no Rondo is essentially a Touhou-fied version of G.rev's unappreciated Senko no Ronde. It's a fighting game in which you fight your opponents in a circular arena by using various bullet attacks, special barrage attacks, and the occasional melee strikes. You can also draw out spell card to unleash devastating bullet hell patterns not unlike the B.O.S.S. Mode Senko no Ronde's Rounders. The PS4 version will feature rebalanced gameplay, new characters, new story scenarios, and online play through PlayStation Network; there will also be a PS4 theme to go with it. Oddly enough, according to the developers, G.rev will also be behind licensing the PS4 port. Will be released on June 25th, 2015.

Mystery Gensokyo: The Tower of Desire is a rogue-like from Aquastyle which features Reimu as the protagonist. You'll explore randomly-generated dungeons for loot, upgrade said loot, and kill stuff while avoid getting yourself killed, but there are times when the game will throw a curveball at you by giving you special rules and restrictions like "you can't use X item" or "you can only take X Character to tag along with you." The Vita version is based on the PC version's Mystery Gensokyo 3+, and will add new gameplay enhancements (new dungeons, partners, scenarios, et cetera) and features to accommodate portability. Additionally, PC players can import their save file into the Vita version so they can start a new game with the items they collected. Will also be out on June 25th, 2015, and will feature a Limited Edition version that comes with a Vita/smartphone stand, an artbook, a soundtrack/audio drama CD, and a Vita theme.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/05/genso-rondo-dated-ps4-japan
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/05/touhou-shoot-em-up-maihana-soumakyou-coming-to-playstation-4/
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/mystery-gensokyo-ps-vita-debut-trailer

MOD EDIT: The "►" icon indicates a video link.

Until Youtube gets their [parasitic bomb] together and fixes embedding, this will have to do for now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:28:20 AM by Phi »