Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 12:20:14 AM
So I'm like, the only one who likes everything Rockman? >U<

I will definitely play this game. I mean, it's gonna bring some wonderful music too. :3

You're not alone, I love 100% of Rockman, Every Games, animes, books, and songs, totally everything.

I will play this game too, and I hate the fact that some people are already against this game, how can they know its not gonna be good?  unless you are not into the EXE or Ryuusei No Series, then its understandable, but if you're a big fan of Rockman in General and already spit on this title wich I'm excited about, then you should reconsider all this and wait for a trailer, we cannot judge a game we know nothing  about.

in MY opinion its gonna be great! Because I loved the EXE Series and I love the Ryuusei No series too.

If you din't like none of those 2, I can understand, but for the rest, Come on! give it a chance at least!

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 12:24:50 AM
Might as well use the opportunity to try the SF games again.

Should I start with SF1? Or Can I skip that? Or should I skip both and wait the last few months for SF3?

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #77 on: June 22, 2009, 12:26:27 AM
I suggest you start with Star Force 1, its worth it, then continue the series.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 12:38:00 AM
1to get a feel of the games, then since 3 is so close skip 2 or leave for last or something. The general opinion is 3>1>2 with the best of 2 being PvP, but it was so bad when left it that you're not missing too much.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: June 22, 2009, 12:39:46 AM
-AC

*le sigh*

Wait, but guys, guys. What if... what if this is a fighting game, or something? That would be quite awesome. We could play as many different Navis(Quickman, Forte and Blues are a MUST) and FM Beings(or whatever). It would be quite awesome.

But knowing Capcom, it will be just another RPG, but a hope for more characters to play is still possible.

If THIS is what "Scramble Battle" ended up being? Well, I would be a bit disappointed, but hey....it's the ONLY type of thing that could me interested in such a thing.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #80 on: June 22, 2009, 01:54:45 AM
So I'm like, the only one who likes everything Rockman? >U<

[objection!] 'Course not. I am a fan of the concept/character first and foremost, not a specific series. The people who whine about the differences in each series seriously just aren't paying attention to what Rockman is all about in the first place. Each series just has some little tweak to the gameplay, but it's essence has always been the same for 21 years.

When you have 7 different versions and how many freakin' titles total, there is bound to be some that stand out over the others for various reasons. But who freakin' cares!? IT'S NO DIFFERENT FROM ANY SERIES THAT HAS MORE THAN ONE TITLE TO IT'S NAME! You have to cater to the core fans and try to draw new ones in. You need to change things up for the player a bit, but stick to the basic formula. Drastic change isn't always for the best. Sometimes things improve for the better, sometimes they take a hit. But the point is they're at least trying to do something different again, even if that tweak might not be anything dramatic. So goes the course of Rockman history.

I had something sarcastic to reply to Jericho with, considering how both Classic and X did the same thing around games 5 and 6, took a longer than normal break for 2-3 years, applied some changes graphically, and brought the series back with new tweaks that recharged the interest in the series for a bit. Legends is that exception (not X, in the least), but I'm not going to get into any big debates because I'm sick of seeing all the BS whining again today since this game was announced. It's a new game, hooray; judge it after you've played it. The door sounds more than open for other series to get their due in the future. Be patient and let them do it right. This is Capcom. Their storylines have so many open plotholes, any type of sequel can be crafted out of thin air. Nothing is dead. Ever. Even Zero.

Shin Rockman Zero: The Umbrella-Saber Chronicles in 2011. 8D

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:19 AM
Well, the haters have good reason to hate.  Battle Network isn't a real Mega Man game; it's just an RPG with the Mega Man name slapped on it.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: June 22, 2009, 02:05:12 AM
Well, the haters have good reason to hate.  Battle Network isn't a real Mega Man game; it's just an RPG with the Mega Man name slapped on it.
Yo , Battle network is a real megaman game , its just a more modern like timeline instead of the classic and X series.
Like i dont wanna offend the haters , because they can hate , your free to hate , just Battle Network is a real megaman game and its fun to play , i have every single one and next month im getting a wonderswan color to play the other japanese ones. And so what if its an RPG? Would you rather see megaman.exe fighting with no plot?

Anyways , back on what i was originally going to say ~
Maaaaan, I just don't get Capcom when it comes to Megaman sometimes. The sales and appeal of both the Battle Network (EXE) and StarForce (Ryussei) series started tanking like crazy after a while, so what do they do? They cross them over. Do they want to lose profit while losing profit or something? [/Xzibit]
Well , think about it this way , this is most likely the end of BOTH series , exept for maybe cell phone games or a unlikely off-storyline Star force game. Think of the happy , one those two are finished. What do we get? Legends 3 and X9 and maybe a ZX3!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: June 22, 2009, 02:09:21 AM
If Mega.EXE isn't worthy of the Megaman name by virtue of its gameplay, then neither is Legends. They're both the black sheep in the Mega-mythos; one of them just has more adolescents.

Man, all this hate, and I just want to see the bosses. >.>

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:49 AM

FUUUUUUUUUCK

This is almost as annoying as when they made Rock.EXE the main on the 20th anniversary logo or whatever year that was. We better get a platformer for the 25th.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: June 22, 2009, 02:16:36 AM
I had something sarcastic to reply to Jericho with

I thought by now, most of the site would have known that I don't really have complaints, whine, [sonic slicer], or moan when it comes to these things and the times when I post things like that, it's meant to be taken as a joke at most. While the EXE/Ryussei games admittedly aren't my forte, I'm not going to downplay what they did right and what draws a fan base to themselves.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #86 on: June 22, 2009, 02:19:13 AM
Hate, hate, hate.

You want something that's NOT Starforce or EXE haters? go play a fangame. Biggest problems (to some) is that whenever there's an RPG, it's usually Final Fantasy and Square made games or Tales and namco made RPGs (some) the fans think about, so it's the fangasims that kick in whenever something they don't like is announced, yet squeal like a little girl to whatever comes out that features the aftermentioned series. I still remember when they got hyped when Dissidia when Cloud was confirmed, and Stahn was confirmed to Tales of VS.

Other than that, I still don't mind this game and series, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later with the EXE cameos with the EXE blaster weapon.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
I'd still prefer a ZX3 or a Legends 3. It's a shame because ZXA had a really fun little cliffhanger and yet they're just going to leave it rotting there where as Starforce 2 came around the same time, did its job, segued in to Starforce 3, ended the series... or "Climaxed" it, whatever, and now there's a fourth one coming as a giant cross over.

Admittedly, it's still FAR too early to trash the game itself as... well, come on, people, all we know is it has a logo and the two card battling Mega Man's are starring in it. I'm sure people would send cream filling flying around if they swerved and brought in the two Djangos and Sabatas too (which would be removed from the U.S. sadly.) I'm interested in seeing if we'll be fighting classic navis as well as new navis with new FMians or whatever the hell they're actually called. Wave Beings, I guess? Bass.EXE and Rogue are pretty much expected.

But I guess this announcement wouldn't have drawn such ire from Mega Man fans if they teased the next (and likely last) ZX.

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 02:43:08 AM
Well, the haters have good reason to hate.  Battle Network isn't a real Mega Man game; it's just an RPG with the Mega Man name slapped on it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize a series always had to stick to the same genre. Just like Command Mission isn't a Megaman game because it's an RPG, you mean? I guess Legends isn't a real Megaman game either, because you can't take a character's powers and use them on bosses, you only power up and build your buster arm. Or because the game is isn't completely 2D. And you can't count the Zero series either, because they just slapped Mega Man on in front of Zero's name. He's hardly part of the game anyhow, so why did they even bother, huh? While we're at it, any game without Dr. Wily isn't a Megaman game. That cancels out Ryuusei and ZX for ya. What's left? Just Classic I'd say. Is that what you wanted to prove? Only the Classic series can be called a Megaman game?

-Do you control a character name Rockman/Mega Man? Check.
-Does said character have a strong sense of justice, regardless of what materials they were created from? Truly.
-Are you trying to saaaaaaave the world world world world world for whatever reason, usually from some type of mad genius? Uh huh.
-Can you choose what area you want to fight in, to move to freely, and which eventually leads up to a final boss stage area? Can do, even if there is a little more linear focus in EXE.
-Can you move that character up, down, back or forth to avoid enemy attacks? Yep.
-Are you able to shoot at them to defeat them? Think so.
-Are the bosses ever really dead? Course not! Fight them again!
-Do you get the power to use an enemy's attack on other enemies, whether it's through getting the power in your buster, harnessing their attack in a chip or card, or transforming into said enemy? Sure do.
-Do you have to use those powers at all times, or can you choose to only use your buster? Either works fine, and the challenge still lies in buster-only.
-Do bosses have certain weaknesses? Yes, even if it's merely that they eat too much. 
-Are your friends and family a big source of your character's strength? All the time.
-Will the villain be back in the future because the story is so open-ended you know there will be a sequel even when they say it's THE END? You can count on it.

I could keep going on, but I guess that would be pointless. So while we're at it, these games are also not to be associated with their original title's namesake because they are so radically different and just have the franchise name slapped on there:
Mario 2
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Pokeyman Snap
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby's Pinball
Starfox Adventures
etc
etc
etc

WHY INTERNET, WHY?!! ;O; LEAVE MEGAMAN AND BRITNEY ALONE!!

I thought by now, most of the site would have known that I don't really have complaints, whine, [sonic slicer], or moan when it comes to these things and the times when I post things like that, it's meant to be taken as a joke at most. While the EXE/Ryussei games admittedly aren't my forte, I'm not going to downplay what they did right and what draws a fan base to themselves.
I took the laughing kobun at the end as such. Hence why I HAD something sarcastic to say, but then didn't. 8) Still had a point to get off my chest based off your GAF comment, though. You gave me the ammunition, so I had to fire.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:47 AM
Legends is so not Megaman.

End of story.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 22, 2009, 02:46:45 AM
Well, the haters have good reason to hate.  Battle Network isn't a real Mega Man game; it's just an RPG with the Mega Man name slapped on it.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize a series always had to stick to the same genre. Just like Command Mission isn't a Megaman game because it's an RPG, you mean? I guess Legends isn't a real Megaman game either, because you can't take a character's powers and use them on bosses, you only power up and build your buster arm. Or because the game is isn't completely 2D. And you can't count the Zero series either, because they just slapped Mega Man on in front of Zero's name. He's hardly part of the game anyhow, so why did they even bother, huh? While we're at it, any game without Dr. Wily isn't a Megaman game. That cancels out Ryuusei and ZX for ya. What's left? Just Classic I'd say. Is that what you wanted to prove? Only the Classic series can be called a Megaman game?

-Do you control a character name Rockman/Mega Man? Check.
-Does said character have a strong sense of justice, regardless of what materials they were created from? Truly.
-Are you trying to saaaaaaave the world world world world world for whatever reason, usually from some type of mad genius? Uh huh.
-Can you choose what area you want to fight in, to move to freely, and which eventually leads up to a final boss stage area? Can do, even if there is a little more linear focus in EXE.
-Can you move that character up, down, back or forth to avoid enemy attacks? Yep.
-Are you able to shoot at them to defeat them? Think so.
-Are the bosses ever really dead? Course not! Fight them again!
-Do you get the power to use an enemy's attack on other enemies, whether it's through getting the power in your buster, harnessing their attack in a chip or card, or transforming into said enemy? Sure do.
-Do you have to use those powers at all times, or can you choose to only use your buster? Either works fine, and the challenge still lies in buster-only.
-Do bosses have certain weaknesses? Yes, even if it's merely that they eat too much.  
-Are your friends and family a big source of your character's strength? All the time.
-Will the villain be back in the future because the story is so open-ended you know there will be a sequel even when they say it's THE END? You can count on it.

I could keep going on, but I guess that would be pointless. So while we're at it, these games are also not to be associated with their original title's namesake because they are so radically different and just have the franchise name slapped on there:
Mario 2
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Pokeyman Snap
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby's Pinball
Starfox Adventures
etc
etc
etc

WHY INTERNET, WHY?!! ;O; LEAVE MEGAMAN AND BRITNEY ALONE!!
NICE TROLL BRO!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #91 on: June 22, 2009, 02:49:25 AM
Legends is so not Megaman.

End of story.

But the fans love it regardless, end of story.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 22, 2009, 02:50:29 AM
Just like Command Mission isn't a Megaman game because it's an RPG, you mean? I guess Legends isn't a real Megaman game either, because you can't take a character's powers and use them on bosses, you only power up and build your buster arm. Or because the game is isn't completely 2D.
Exactly.  Now you understand.

And you can't count the Zero series either, because they just slapped Mega Man on in front of Zero's name.
No, they slapped a guy in a Zero-esque helmet on top of Mega Man's sprite.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 22, 2009, 02:51:39 AM
You know, while it would be awesome to have a Legends 3 finally, I have to say that it's probably not going to happen within our lifetimes.

Here's my logic: Legends is the official end of the series, right?  So if Legends 3 is made, and that game fills in any plotholes that the first two Legends and all the other Megaman games made, then that is it for anything Megaman. Unless you're talking spinoffs that aren't a part of the official timeline, which seems to [acid burst] some people off for some reason. This could be a reason that Capcom is so hesistent to create a Legends 3: If they end up explaining everything that's unexplained up to this point, then they'll have nothing to make another Megaman game with. It would make sense to expand the other series in the official timeline before making a Legends 3, so that way it might be possible that Legends 3 won't be the last game in the official timeline due to the possibility of more plotholes being dug up in future new games (I.e. ZX3, X9).

There may even be a possibility that Capcom is planning yet another Megaman series after Legends, and are trying to figure out the best way to transition to that new series without people thinking the Megaman series has Final Fantasy Syndrome.

If Legends 3 does happen now at least, then Megaman ends.

Oh, Bag of Magic Food: He was being sarcastic.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 22, 2009, 02:53:12 AM
Don't expect me to know when anybody's being sarcastic.  I don't even know when I'm being sarcastic.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 02:55:16 AM
Exactly.  Now you understand.

What I understand is my Desire that you tell us all what a real Megaman game is then ^^

Bring us facts like Rock Miyabi has.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 02:56:20 AM
There will never be a real MegaMan game until someone says "He's called the Blue Bomber 'cause he's BLUE!"

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #97 on: June 22, 2009, 02:59:20 AM
in legends 1, Megaman is being reffered to as the blue boy.
Megaman was blue in Classic.
X was blue in the X Series.
Megaman.EXE was blue in the Battle Network Series
Geo Stelar was blue in the Star Force Series
Model X was blue in the ZX Series.

So according to what you said :
There will never be a real MegaMan game until someone says "He's called the Blue Bomber 'cause he's BLUE!"

There hasn't been a single REAL Megaman title so far?  Ouch!

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #98 on: June 22, 2009, 03:00:21 AM
I'm surprised that Capcom is making a crossover in both series. Even though, I like the Star Force series, but I'm not really a fan of EXE series. I wish Capcom can move on with the X series or Legends, because Anime/Games nowadays went downhill.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #99 on: June 22, 2009, 03:04:44 AM
I'm surprised that Capcom is making a crossover in both series. Even though, I like the Star Force series, but I'm not really a fan of EXE series. I wish Capcom can move on with the X series or Legends, because Anime/Games nowadays went downhill.

Tell that to YuGiOh, and every other successful Anime/Game out there. You just have to pick the right fourmula and story from the games and Games/Anime do require the same thing.