Jericho · 18439

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: September 16, 2009, 01:13:34 AM
it's harder in Trilogy, too.

you should go in sequence from 1 to 3. cause if you get too used to starting with everything in Prime 3, it's going to throw you off when you lose all your [parasitic bomb] in Prime 1.

maybe, i dunno.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: September 16, 2009, 01:14:44 AM
Out of curiosity, why would you not go in order? 

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 01:16:39 AM
if you want to save the best for last?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: September 16, 2009, 01:27:31 AM
Exactly that, seeing how I beat 2 in the GC first anyways I was wondering if it would be better to go back first or to go forward =P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 01:28:27 AM
if you want to save the best for last?

Hmmm, that's one reason, yes!  Okay, got me there!   8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 04:14:01 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:27 AM
Rosebud Frozen Peas

Yeah, I saw this elsewhere and I still don't think that it's a good comparison at all. I also don't think the Prime series, as high tier as it is, is Nintendo's finest video game. That honor goes to StarTropics Super Mario Galaxy. Seriously, that game was brilliant and the amount of finesse put into it proves beyond a doubt that Miyamoto [tornado fang]ing knows video games.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: October 07, 2009, 04:43:55 AM
The analogy seems kinda farfetched, albeit with similar circumstances. Metroid Prime was more straightforward than Citizen Kane...

...but, I'm drunk. Don't listen to me.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #83 on: October 08, 2009, 12:22:54 AM
Yeah, I saw this elsewhere and I still don't think that it's a good comparison at all. I also don't think the Prime series, as high tier as it is, is Nintendo's finest video game. That honor goes to StarTropics Super Mario Galaxy. Seriously, that game was brilliant and the amount of finesse put into it proves beyond a doubt that Miyamoto [tornado fang]ing knows video games.
He sure does (yeah, Galaxy kicks ass).  Except that he won't commit to permanent power-ups in a 3D Mario (*WHY* is the Fire Flower on a timer?!), which makes me fear for Yoshi in Galaxy 2.  God willing they learned something from his atrocious treatment in Sunshine.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:19 AM
I just got this, along with a brand spankin' new Wii. God damn, this is cool. It took a  bit of getting used to, playing Prime 1 with the new controls, but its good. Now- I never owned it or a GC before, But I remember playing it with my pal down in the High school Robotics lab when he brought his Gamecube in. This kid was pretty good at it.

So I have a sort of "experience" with it.  And had gotten used to the GC controls.XD

I really dig the metal case. And the art booklet with the whole Metroid story up to Prime 3. that was an appreciated touch.

Rosebud Frozen Peas
Oh wow. Now Ive never watched that movie, but yet somehow, I seem to understand their comparisons. Its true, as well- that haunting loneliness does make the game awesome. Exploring the Chozo runins, seeing those magnificent structures and how theyve fallen.

Now, as for why one would not play it in order: Impatience? I want to see what prime 2 is like, and od, I wanna see what Prime 3 is like!
But im going in order myself. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: October 12, 2009, 09:14:09 AM
Hey. Hey. Guess what's still not out in Australia.

S'pretty ridiculous isn't it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: October 12, 2009, 09:25:14 AM
You guys really need to like, take out the pitchforks and revolt against your system there. It seems to suck very badly. And importing the game Is expensive as hell over there, if im right.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
http://ebgames.com.au/wii/product.cfm?id=15444
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/wii/metroid-prime-trilogy/460163

No need to import, it's expensive as hell even if you don't. D:

To be honest though, the prices aren't as annoying as the lag. Try playing online when the best ping you can get is >300, srsly. I mean, yeah, I know it's my fault for playing games which don't have big enough playerbases, but damn. [parasitic bomb] gets old fast.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: October 13, 2009, 05:19:14 AM
speaking of Metroid, what do you guys think of Other M?
Personally, I dont really like the direction it seems to be going in.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: October 13, 2009, 05:52:50 AM
I could've swore we had a topic about Other M. Maybe I'm thinking of the E3 thread.

For what it's worth, I was very impressed by the E3 trailer. This is definitely one of my most anticipated of 2010.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: October 13, 2009, 06:51:28 AM
Should we make one?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: October 13, 2009, 02:50:52 PM
I liked the trailer for Other M, but that new Varia Suit design looked terrible to me. >_> Oh well.

Also: I'm in Sanctuary Fortress in Prime 2 T, and encountered an odd bug.  Trying to get the screw attack, I had all the spinners in place and was attempting to raise the vault, but when I popped the morph ball into the central bomb slot, the game glitched up and wouldn't let me lay bombs, so I had to reset (no other way out of the bomb slot).

I think it's because I tried the bomb slot once immediately after entering the room, forgetting what exactly it did--it may only work once, so be careful when y'all are trying to get the Screw Attack.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:24 PM
Should we make one?

Not yet. Wait until more info is made public.

but that new Varia Suit design looked terrible to me.

What new design? Looked the same to me.

And I think people have mentioned encountering that bug before. I would say that's why you should save frequently, but that's hard and annoying to do in Sanctuary Fortress.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 01:56:40 AM
ya rly

I'd saved right after I picked up the Echo Visor, but in the time it took me to get from the Central Dynamo save station to the Vault, I'd picked up at least one missile expansion and a beam ammo expansion already.  Just an annoyance, really, but I can't believe Retro let a glitch like that slip by.

Anyway, as for Other M, check out this image and compare to Brawl or the Prime games.  The armor plating on the legs, arms, and shoulders is -completely- different, and the chestplate has light bars that go vertically from top to bottom now instead of horizontal ones.  Albeit, judging from the coloring that may actually be the Power Suit and not the Varia Suit, but it's hard to tell just yet.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: October 14, 2009, 03:54:50 AM
The shoulders look bigger than they used to, but otherwise that looks like the Power Suit.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: October 14, 2009, 04:16:54 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda having difficulty seeing how anyone could like the old suit but not this new one. They're practically identical.

(I preferred this thread when it was talking about how hard my life is. :()

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: October 14, 2009, 11:25:37 PM
Well power Suit or Varia suit, it definitely looks different.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #97 on: October 15, 2009, 03:08:09 AM
Anyway, as for Other M, check out this image and compare to Brawl or the Prime games.  The armor plating on the legs, arms, and shoulders is -completely- different, and the chestplate has light bars that go vertically from top to bottom now instead of horizontal ones.  Albeit, judging from the coloring that may actually be the Power Suit and not the Varia Suit, but it's hard to tell just yet.
In all fairness I'm pretty sure the "light bars" thing was not established before Retro entered the scene.  I mean yes the suit lit up in Super Metroid but I don't know that it was detailed exactly as it was in Prime.  Pretty sure that there have been subtle differences in the Varia Suit before.  And there are most definitely been changes to body proportions (particularly the shoulders; necessary for the head to be visible in a sidescroller whereas Prime could go nuts).

As for the screenshot, the shoulders look big enough that it should be Varia (Power Suit's shoulders are not rounded in that fashion).  I can also see what looks like the thigh armor outline on the leg.  I would attribute the color and general lack of detail to the fact that it's an early screen, but we'll see.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: October 15, 2009, 03:22:38 PM
Actually, I just went and compared Super Metroid's Power and Varia suits.  It looks like Team Ninja is doing their designs based on Super Metroid's sprites, 'cause the Power Suit looks almost identical to the screenshot from Other M.  The only appreciable difference is that the Other M version has two vertical lights on the chestplate instead of one.

So yeah.  I guess that -is- the Power Suit, and the rest of the game's designs are likely to be heavilly inspired by Super Metroid.

I still don't like that Power Suit, though.  I hope you get Varia quick in that game. >_>

Edit: Though if you look at the sprites for Metroid 2, the Power Suit looks more like the one from Prime.  Metroid 2 and Zero Mission actually.  Eh.

The Other Side

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: October 15, 2009, 09:00:14 PM
I know in the GB Metroid, they gave the varia Suit huge round shoulders to differentiate it from the power suit, since the GB was Black and white.

It DOES look like the Varia suit, only the shoulders are not round and do not have those ridges on them, as in Prime.