• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: September 11, 2009, 12:25:57 AM
I hope it's really Zero

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: September 11, 2009, 12:29:18 AM
How many Zero's are there in Capcom's repertoire?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #303 on: September 11, 2009, 12:40:11 AM
I'd personally prefer the X-series Zero, but we all know MMZ Zero gets all the cameo appearances...

Plus, maybe they could have him channel a little bit of Omega into his Level 3, and make him do Omega's version of the Shun Goku Satsu. 8D
I'm never going to understand what connection people draw between Ranbu (thank you, Marshmallow Man) and Shun Goku Satsu...

High five! Personally, I want Z Zero for his moveset more than his looks. I want to use the Triple Rod as a pogo stick on my opponent's head, I want to have some fun the Chain Rod, etc. As horrible SvC:C may have been, I really liked Zero in it.
Z-series Zero may have some interesting moves, but unless some Omega-channeling is done it means no Earth Gaizer-esque attack and no Double Charge Wave (and even if that's in it'd have to be done with a freaking pistol).  In any post-X2 timeframe that is always failure (and this is why ZX > ZXA).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #304 on: September 11, 2009, 12:41:20 AM
How many Zero's are there in Capcom's repertoire?

Classic series and X series are the same. Then there's Zero series. EXE series. And Model Z in ZX series. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:01 AM
Z-series Zero may have some interesting moves, but unless some Omega-channeling is done it means no Earth Gaizer-esque attack and no Double Charge Wave (and even if that's in it'd have to be done with a freaking pistol).  In any post-X2 timeframe that is always failure (and this is why ZX > ZXA).
They should just make a mix of the 2 of them already.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: September 11, 2009, 12:44:20 AM
Classic series and X series are the same. Then there's Zero series. EXE series. And Model Z in ZX series. ^^

I count Mega Man's Zero as one Zero. What I meant was... "Are there any other Zeros in Capcom's history other than the red, spotlight stealing saber swinging, blond, maverick hunting maverick from the Mega Man franchise?"

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #307 on: September 11, 2009, 12:46:52 AM
I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any other character. o.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: September 11, 2009, 12:56:43 AM
They should just make a mix of the 2 of them already.
That's what Model OX is for.  Plus it put Zero's thong on a woman, thus making Nakayama's design acceptable.  If it only had X2's dash-blade and an arm-mounted buster it'd have been perfection.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: September 11, 2009, 12:58:20 AM
They'll reveal a completely new Zero and the go SURPRISE! THAT'S WHAT HE WILL LOOK LIKE IN... MEGA. MAN. X9!

And then everyone will die from a joyful heart attack.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: September 11, 2009, 01:01:54 AM
That's what Model OX is for.

He doesn't have Z Zero's fun toys.

They'll reveal a completely new Zero and the go SURPRISE! THAT'S WHAT HE WILL LOOK LIKE IN... MEGA. MAN. X9!

Yes

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: September 11, 2009, 02:32:22 AM

I would totally approve of this.

Also, if it is MMX-Zero, I really hope that they make a kick-ass remix of his X3 Theme.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: September 11, 2009, 06:53:03 PM
I really hope that they make a kick-ass remix of his X2 Theme.
Fixed.

Alright, kidding, kidding.  I respect the right of PB to disagree with me.  Provided it does not concern Xtreme2.

(*uppercut* PLAY IT NOW!!!)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: September 11, 2009, 07:08:21 PM
you know what, just make a medley of the three SNES themes. and if they're REALLY nice, throw in Sky Lagoon, too.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: September 11, 2009, 07:48:54 PM
DarkeSword's done the earlier.

I guess I'm some freak of nature in that I didn't really care for Zero's X3 theme.  I mean, it's good, it's just that other Zero themes tend to be better IMHO.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: September 11, 2009, 08:01:49 PM
I always preferred Zero's theme from X1, myself. X2's is probably better suited for fighting though (considering it was designed for such a use).

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:55 PM
In terms with the SNES Zero themes, the reason I like X3's the best is because it's sounds so much more heroic.  I mean, I love X2's Zero theme, but it's more boss battle-ish to me and not so much a theme.  X1's theme is classic, and I'd be perfectly happy with them using that theme for Zero as well, especially if it's Zero series Zero.  But X3's Zero theme will always be my favorite because it's the most heroic sounding one out of them all, in my opinion.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: September 11, 2009, 10:16:06 PM
I count Mega Man's Zero as one Zero. What I meant was... "Are there any other Zeros in Capcom's history other than the red, spotlight stealing saber swinging, blond, maverick hunting maverick from the Mega Man franchise?"

Again...

EDIT: ON THE OTHER HAND!

...As people on the SRK post have put up as a suggestion, it may NOT be Zero we're thinkg about, but instead "Zero Gouki", the Giant Akuma robot from Cyberbots.

He WAS on the proposed character lists, right along side some of these other picks, like Joe the Condor and Ai-chan/Yatter 2. So, it may be too early to celebrate just yet...

So, in short, there's still a good element of doubt, which may make it so that this isn't the Zero that 99% of us are thinking about. We can only wait and see. Personally, since we already have two giant characters, I don't see the reason to add a 3rd (and a Capcom originating one, at that).

I DO like that idea of it being an "all new Zero that serves as a preview for X9" angle, though, immensely.  owob

I'm never going to understand what connection people draw between Ranbu (thank you, Marshmallow Man) and Shun Goku Satsu...

Well, it's relatively simple. What do they have in common?

In both cases, upon a successful connect, the user basically opens up a can of free whup-ass on the opposition, in the form of an "auto-combo". The only real difference between the two is that you can see everything going on in one, and the other usually has things hidden by darkness. 8D

Coincidentally, in Zero Gouki's version of the Shun Goku Satsu in Cyberbots, you actually COULD see everything going in the move, basically making it more of a Ranbu, any way. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: September 11, 2009, 10:17:35 PM
...I still really want Tekkaman Blade's theme to be the Teknoman US theme!   8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: September 11, 2009, 10:19:08 PM
But it won't be because we'll get generic stage music instead :(

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22:08 PM
Also, since we have 3 Gatchaman characters, would it be too much to ask for one of them to have the US G-Force theme?   8)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:09 PM
Sorry Blues. You're just going to have to pretend the generic synth in the new release is the generic synth from G-Force. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: September 11, 2009, 10:45:04 PM
LoL, but can it get more generically synthy than the G-Force theme?  XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: September 12, 2009, 12:08:44 AM
Am I the only one who made it a point to collect Zero's parts, or what?  Boss theme is fine, fanfare for trash-talking the final boss after pjwning your clone is better.

In both cases, upon a successful connect, the user basically opens up a can of free whup-ass on the opposition
"Wailing on them" isn't enough of a similarity to be considered related attacks.  Besides, what version of Shun Goku Satsu scores only 7 hits?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: September 12, 2009, 12:33:41 AM
Am I the only one who made it a point to collect Zero's parts, or what?  Boss theme is fine, fanfare for trash-talking the final boss after pjwning your clone is better.

Regardless of whether or not you collect his parts, it still sounds more boss battle-ish.