HokutoNoBen · 290144

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: May 20, 2009, 03:36:08 PM
Eh? Hey, Japan should get online play.

I'm just glad we're getting it, although the game will more or less have to sell on the Capcom name, here.

I think there's a G-Force/Gatchaman movie being made, so it could double as feeding fuel to the fire to get people hyped up for the movie.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: June 03, 2009, 09:10:35 PM

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #202 on: June 03, 2009, 09:15:00 PM
Maybe they forgot to buy him in the store? He's unlockable, you know. O.o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:07 PM
Considering the press release already confirms they axed someone?

...and will add 5 more too.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #204 on: June 03, 2009, 09:17:44 PM

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: June 03, 2009, 09:19:03 PM
Considering the press release already confirms they axed someone?

...and will add 5 more too.

Wait, they said they were added 5 more characters?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: June 03, 2009, 09:22:20 PM
What? Did no one click on the link in the E3 thread when Jelly told us there'd be online?

SAN MATEO, CA — June 2, 2009 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is coming to North America for the Wii home video game system. Capcom’s popular and critically acclaimed ‘VS’ fighting series is getting an all new next-generation introduction. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom pits Capcom’s iconic characters against Tatsunoko Productions anime superheroes. This clash of heroes face off in two-on-two battles for the ultimate 2D tag-team battle.

Originally released in Japanese arcades in the Fall of 2008, the original Tatsunoko vs. Capcom moved to the Wii console on December 11, 2008. This extraordinary fighter will blend these two rich universes by taking Capcom characters like Ryu from Street Fighter, Morrigan from Darkstalkers and the giant PTX-40A from Lost Planet and putting them against Tatsunoko fan-favorite characters from Gatchaman, Hurricane Polymar, Casshern and more. It’s a battle royale that delivers match-ups that only exist in fans wildest dreams!

Unlike the more well-known six-button layout that the Street Fighter franchise pioneered, the VS line features a simplified four button system: “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong” and “Assist” for the tag-team option of. The “Assist” feature adds another compelling element found Capcom’s other “VS” series: allowing players to switch their character on the fly or call for help from their tag-team partner, allowing for spectacular super moves (“Hyper Variable Combination”). Successful execution of the Assist feature can turn the tide of battle on a dime. Historically the VS series excels in integrating the tag-team options by including customized moves like Variable Assist, Snapback, and the previously mentioned Hyper Variable combination that lets both characters on one team perform their Hyper attack.

TvC enhances the above gameplay with new mechanics, including the Variable Aerial Rave that allows characters to be switched in the middle of an Aerial rave. More moves include the offensive Assault and defensive maneuver Mega Crash. Another new gameplay mechanic, titled Baroque, illuminates the character in a rainbow of colors, cancels the current attack and extends combos and damage.

Featuring a robust line-up of characters, the console version added four mini-games and optional control schemes

This “newer” version of TvC, currently dubbed Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, removes one character due to licensing issues, and adds five new ones, online gameplay, more mini-games and an enhanced story mode.

Features:
• 26 fan-favorite characters from the Tatsunoko and Capcom universes face-off in this stylish 2D fighter.
• Tag-team battles and customized two-character fighting techniques produce a wild, dazzling spectacle.
• Wi-Fi Online gameplay allows worldwide matches.
• Four battle modes include Friend, Rival, Free and Ranked Battles.
• Match-ups are not restricted to just “Friends”.
• Earn Points and Titles (for Title Creation) for all to see.
• All-new VS gameplay mechanics creates a new way for fans to return to the series.
• More than 20 Mini-game provide additional multiplayer fun.
• Enhanced control schemes offer a simplified control scheme option and allow use of the Classic Controller and Gamecube Controller.
• Wii-exclusive.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:26 PM
Well then, here's hoping for Blues!   8D

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: June 03, 2009, 10:31:57 PM
Yay for the Wave Hadoken :D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: June 04, 2009, 08:03:25 AM
hmm. it's a shame we're losing someone, but we are getting 5 new characters in his place, so it's not all bad.

out of any of the possibilities, the only character i really want to see in is Dante.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:58 PM
I don't even know who the one character is, I heard something about a genie-character not showing up and I'm wondering who exactly it is still (don't recall seeing anything like that in any picture of the roster).

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:34 PM
I don't even know who the one character is
I heard something about a genie-character not showing up
I'm wondering who exactly it is still

There's your reason why they took out Hakushon Daimao. He's more popular in Japan. Not many people outside Japan knows about him.

Oh, and you unlock him in the game after you beat the game with Tatsunoko characters. Buy him in the shop. o.o

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: June 05, 2009, 09:38:17 PM
Took a look and saw who he was.

My question is why there was trouble in bringing him over. What licensing issues were there?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: June 05, 2009, 09:41:32 PM
The Anime was aired in Japan and Europe at least. It's a very old show from 1969.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: June 05, 2009, 09:47:18 PM
Ah. So no one owns him in the states and they figured it'd be cheaper to replace him with 5 other people.

Not too bad a trade-off I guess. I mean, more fighters is always a good thing since there's still hope for others.

My guess is they're gonna throw in Dante, just because he's never shown up in a cross-over game before, and the fans would go nuts over him being in it.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:27 PM
As long I see Speedy Cerviche, I won't complain, at.  All.

actually, thinking about the odd number of 5, We'll get 3 Tatsunoko and 2 Capcom...

so, I want Speedy Cerviche and a BoF character  :).  Comon' Capcom~

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: June 06, 2009, 01:08:49 AM
out of any of the possibilities, the only character i really want to see in is Dante.

i'm a dumbass for forgetting Speed Racer. sadly, that's all i know from that Tatsu camp.

for the other Capcom rep, my friend had a good idea: Sigma. cause we need bad guys. he didn't go into specifics, but i imagine it would be like X1 Sigma with the beam saber. maybe incorporating moves from other Sigmas. X7 Sigma practically had Iron Man's Photon Cannon.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: June 06, 2009, 06:09:19 AM
High Max would be a good fit.

Maining Ryu, Casshern, and Karas. And Viewtiful Joe. =3

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: June 06, 2009, 05:21:19 PM
The Anime was aired in Japan and Europe at least. It's a very old show from 1969.

I've seen Hakushon Daimao in both English and Spanish too. My guess is that the licensing issues with him were not in NA, but in the PAL area.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: June 06, 2009, 05:23:37 PM
Honestly, I have no idea who the other 5 could be. There's just a wide range of Tatsunoko and Capcom series that you could pull from.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: June 06, 2009, 05:46:46 PM
Well, there's the obvious Speed Racer for the Tatsunoko side.

My list would be:
Tatsunoko
-Speed Racer
-Yatterman 2 (but there are already 2 Yatterman characters, so I don't think it's that good of an idea)
-Buraiking Boss (You guys know you want him in 8D)

Capcom
-Nero (for DMC representation)
-Tyrant (for RE representation. Sure, it's not Jill or Chris, but it'd still be awesome)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #221 on: June 06, 2009, 05:57:39 PM
Other than that Tron could see a return, so it could be two Lengends characters instead of the usual two Classic characters and 1 Lengends character.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: June 06, 2009, 07:08:41 PM
-Yatterman 2 (but there are already 2 Yatterman characters, so I don't think it's that good of an idea)

we have 3 Street Fighter reps already. 3 Yatterman reps wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: July 02, 2009, 06:14:42 AM
Yeah, but at least they all represent a different game. Both Doronjo and Yatterman 1 represent the same anime, and so would Yatterman 2 if she was in.

Posted on: June 06, 2009, 19:14:35
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/07/01/tell_us_your_tatsunoko_and_capcom_tvc_favorites

They say it's for a fun secret, I wonder what it is. Anyways, vote Megaman and Yatterman in case it's something actually good!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: July 02, 2009, 06:50:21 AM
i had an idea for the three Tatsu characters i'd like to see. first is the obvious choice, Speed Racer. second is one i'm just as mad at myself for forgetting: Samurai Pizza Cats. probably Speedy would be the pick. the last one is a bit of a stretch, though. i know Tatsunoko was involved with Evangelion, i just don't know how much. if licensing permits it, and they're creative enough, someone from Eva might be able to fit. my idea was for Rei to fight with the Spear of Longinus.

i was also thinking about my friend's idea for Sigma. i don't know if that'll work. TatsuCap is a game about heroes, right? i'm pretty sure Doronjo isn't a hero, but does that mean a true bad guy like Sigma can't be playable? if so, i'd still like to see someone with a beam saber. MMX Zero, MMZ Zero, Model ZX. or even better, Strider. and Dante is definitely my other Capcom pick.

now i just hope that extra character deal wasn't just speculation.