Hypershell · 130268

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #100 on: November 20, 2008, 12:12:21 AM
Great, how the hell am I supposed to get rid of a giant elemental weakness then? (Lv'ing up in D/P/P is harder, due to a lack of wild Lv30 ecounters, back to experimenting/Lv'ing up, again. I might Lv that Evee that I hatched from a few days ago that's Lv20, quite possibly that Lv27 Nidoking of mine)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:36 AM
Hey, don't look at me, I'm no good at building teams. It's just, y'know, I look at your guys, and Infernape smacks down half of them, no problem.

Also, level 30? The random encounters at Stark Mountain are like level 55, why aren't you training there? Might wanna get some Ambipoms to come along too, they can grab rare candies for you.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #102 on: November 20, 2008, 12:20:51 AM
I forgot about that, but it can be a long trip there, but it's nice to bring a few EXP shares along. (It has been long since I caught Heatran there)

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: November 20, 2008, 12:23:22 AM
Don't bother with shares, use lucky eggs instead. 50% more experience means a whole lot less fights.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #104 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:43 AM
I check all over Serebii, yet I can't find this, I am certanly new to this. (Has been using EXP share ever since was introduced)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:11 AM
S'an item, there's a 5% chance that wild Chansey will be holding it. If a pokemon holds one then they get 150% experience from fights. They're a pain to get, but they're pretty handy, and you only need one if you only want to train one pokemon at a time, so it's worth your while to hunt one down. You save more time than you lose, anyway, if you want to get your pokemon to high levels.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #106 on: November 20, 2008, 01:20:24 AM
Thanks for the tip, but anyway, what Pokemon is affected to the Oval Stone? (I may need to hunt chansey with a pokemon that knows Snatch, to increase the chances of getting more than one)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:46 AM
Oval stone's for Happiny. Hold it and level up during the day, and you get a Chansey out of it. Haven't you got google, dude?

And um Snatch won't help, Snatch just steals stat altering moves. Use Covet or Thief or something. Banette with Frisk and Thief's pretty good, though you might not wanna use your TM. Chaining Chansey and getting a Kecleon with Thief to just use it every fight worked for me.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #108 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:40 AM
I haven't played it in awhile and forgot about the gamer's guides vol. 1 & 2, plus everyone just pretty much relies on Cerebii nowadays. >.<

I have a Kelecon, so that's good news for me, I may start when I have free time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #109 on: November 20, 2008, 06:33:14 AM
Well, I shamefully hack extra Rare Candies so that *AFTER* EV-training, I don't have to worry.

Yeah, leveling the old-fashioned way is a pain.  The extra turn for switching out a Lucky Egg beats the stuffing out of Experience Share, that's for sure, just so long as your switch-in 'man is powerful enough.

If you're strong enough to take the Elite Four in repeated bouts (they get a lot tougher), that'd be your "final" training stop.  Go ahead and turn the "Switch" battle mode on in the Options menu, and switch your Lucky Egg Pokemon in and out of every battle.  You can get a ton of experience, but you need a pretty darn powerful team to get through that way (stock up on legends?).

Oh, and here's a good laugh.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=367947
Check out Item #4 in that list, and tell me that my massive rant from last page wasn't justified.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: November 20, 2008, 09:35:35 AM
Y'know, I think you're just a little too dedicated to this crusade against Hidden Power. Like seriously dude. Getting kinda wierd here.

Also do you not want to battle me is that what you're saying IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING FINE LOOK AT ME CARING I DON'T CARE THIS IS ME NOT CARING

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: November 20, 2008, 10:23:29 PM
I readily admit that I AM weird, not to mention obviously bored beyond any healthy capacity last night, but coming from you that's not saying much. :P
(it's educational, at least; I learned last night that the formulas don't round up)

Name a time, and you've got it.  Heck, to show just what a good sport I am, I'll leave my DS connected to Wifi so that ANYTIME you can come.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT, HUH?!!!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: November 20, 2008, 10:31:18 PM
Hey what the [tornado fang] is that supposed to mean!? Wha wha what exactly are you trying to suggest!?

I demand an honour duel RIGHT NOW

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:50 PM
Bring it.  Your code's been entered and I'm online at this very second. :P

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 20, 2008, 10:51:33 PM
SO TODAY WE LEARNT THAT DOUBLE BATTLES SUCK HOORAY

Also [tornado fang] your Palkia.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: November 20, 2008, 10:52:43 PM
Everything sucks when you lose.

3-6, nice try.  Too bad I didn't get to call forth my Dragonite power!  Maybe next time...

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 20, 2008, 10:54:20 PM
There were seriously like two turns in which I didn't have to avoid using moves I wanted 'cause I'd kill my own guys. D:

And it wasn't 3-6. It was 4-6.

Actually on second thought yeah it was 3-6.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #117 on: November 20, 2008, 10:58:11 PM
Whoa, take it easy you two. We don't want a red-hot rumble in here. (I don't need to pull out my Uber Hyper Beamer's out from my Pokemon Box on the Wii to break it up, either)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: November 20, 2008, 10:59:11 PM
It's all in good fun, Gaia.  Feel free to try and break my group up, as well.  =P

Yeah, Tickle Buffalo, you got Palkia and Rotom, and Steelix exploded.

As for moves, that's why you need to coordinate.  I have three group attacks, and at least two Pokemon who are either immune to or can soak up each one.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: November 20, 2008, 11:03:22 PM
Yeah, I wasn't actually expecting us to play doubles, so I wasn't ready for it. Was all yeah, I should use earthquake now, oh wait. Yeah, I should use surf now, oh wait. Yeah, I should use PALKIA JUST KILLED BOTH MY GUYS AND HEALED LAPRAS AT THE SAME TIME FFFFFFFFFF

And I got Palkia? I thought Palkia switched. Damn, must be goin' senile.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 20, 2008, 11:09:52 PM
Blissey and Dragonite never entered.  Lapras switched into Rotom when you attempted to Hammer Arm her.  I......thought you got Palkia.  I don't know.  The game showed me with two KOed 'mans, I'd assumed it didn't count Steelix exploding at the end.  But now I think I did switch.

Guess we're both senile.

Yeah, I should use PALKIA JUST KILLED BOTH MY GUYS AND HEALED LAPRAS AT THE SAME TIME FFFFFFFFFF
8)

A word of advise: Gengar has Levitate.  You can safely use Earthquake while he's your teammate.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 20, 2008, 11:15:34 PM
Not that it mattered, since he lasted all of one turn anyway...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: November 20, 2008, 11:16:49 PM
Tentacruel and Metagross were the only ones that DIDN'T get killed in one turn.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: November 20, 2008, 11:20:00 PM
Hey, I can't remember, did I let you know that I hate Palkia? I dunno, it might have slipped my mind.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #124 on: November 20, 2008, 11:21:41 PM
If anything, an epic all-lengendary battle would commence and be recorded. (I may have to pick a diffrent starter, since I can breed Turtwig easily when my Ditto is sitting at the daycare, easiest way to breed)