(Super) Street Fighter IV (Arcade Edition) Thread

Klavier Gavin · 116075

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: February 19, 2009, 07:15:52 AM
LOL, as soon as I read your message, I tried looking at my usual anime sources for a decent rip of the SF4 OVA, and lo and behold, it hasn't been more than what? 48 hours? And the 360 version of the game already seems to have found its way to the depths of the intertubes. XD

If it wasn't then I would be worried that something bad happened to the internet, this is stuff they upload before it's even legally out.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: February 19, 2009, 10:11:12 AM
I like the trial mode, it helps ya show ya and learn links and EARN ARTWORK! which I already love  owo owo owoSakura owo owo owo

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: February 19, 2009, 12:51:55 PM
I like the trial mode, it helps ya show ya and learn links and EARN ARTWORK! which I already love  owo owo owoSakura owo owo owo
It was something first implemented in the Arika games, Street Fighter EX+α, EX2+ and EX3, and was originally called Expert Mode. :P

...IF, and only IF, this Trial Mode people speak of is what I think it is. :P

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #128 on: February 19, 2009, 04:53:17 PM
Expert Mode

I love you, DZ! And that mode. 0v0

Games needs more of those~ ^.^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: February 19, 2009, 05:16:06 PM
A quick question to those who have this, what is Gouken's excuse for being alive?

It was something first implemented in the Arika games, Street Fighter EX+α, EX2+ and EX3, and was originally called Expert Mode. :P

...IF, and only IF, this Trial Mode people speak of is what I think it is. :P

Yeah, that's it.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: February 19, 2009, 05:18:00 PM
YES! It is exactly that DZ!! :D!! and you will learn them, I already thought of a possible combo by mixing two of the examples from Sakura (which i'm sure EVERYONE will think of, same for one obvious one of El Fuerte (yes, I lieks teh El Fuerte)).

and the concept art is hot (well, the Sakura concept art, I would not be surprised if the other femmes have just as hot artwork too  :V, and some educational stuff by looking at art, right Acid?   :D)

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: February 19, 2009, 10:35:09 PM

*plans on buying it*

You people and your enjoyment. T_T

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: February 19, 2009, 10:39:29 PM

*plans on buying it*

You people and your enjoyment. T_T
i hate you guys that have it :P
im so close to getting it not really im exaggerating probably gonna get in a couple of months :'(

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: February 20, 2009, 06:15:19 AM
Well...obtained the game today, and unlocked a few characters. For a fairly seasoned FGer, Seth ain't that bad of a final boss. I've honestly had tougher times with a number of SNK's "finest".  8D

Any way, while it's a solid game...I can't help but feel....a bit "bored" by the package deal. On a number of levels, their desire to make it a "throw-back" has probably done some matter of harm, imho. I don't get that same feeling of excitement that I did when I'm playing it, as I did when I played the SFZero and SF3 games. SF4 does not feel as "fresh" as those games.

Does this mean that SF4 is a bad game? Certainly not. It's just probably in the same school of thought, of how I felt with the likes of MM6 and such games like it. It just doesn't light my fire, like I was expecting it to.

And honestly, a big BOO, for how they've changed Rose, my lady, around too much for my liking. They really needed to make her "Aura Soul Spark" Super like her Level 2 version in the Zero/Alpha games, where she does a lil combo (with a bit of invulnerability frames) before hitting you with the fireball. This new version is basically another "Shinkuu Hadouken". BOR-ING.

Oh, and she doesn't have any version of Soul Illusion (her after-image ability) super either. It hurts so much...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: February 20, 2009, 06:40:54 AM
Well...obtained the game today, and unlocked a few characters. For a fairly seasoned FGer, Seth ain't that bad of a final boss. I've honestly had tougher times with a number of SNK's "finest".  8D

As I keep saying, anyone that keeps complaining that Seth is a cheap bastard either sucks at fighting games, is new to them, has never faced a "true" fighting game boss, or simply never played an SNK game.

Btw, do you think you can answer this question, Ben?
A quick question to those who have this, what is Gouken's excuse for being alive?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: February 20, 2009, 07:03:36 AM
Can't answer yet, as I haven't unlocked him, yet.  8);

But don't worry, I took a day off from work, tomorrow/today! That should be enough time to hopefully make some more ground, and get the last of the "Uppercut Brothers" (Shotos).  8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: February 20, 2009, 07:14:46 AM
I understand that, but shouldn't his bio and ending be known already?

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: February 20, 2009, 08:00:28 AM
All I can say is, check around. Surely some place like SRK, youtube, or something will have what you seek.

To be quite honest, when TvC was announced, and then had its "cycle" leading up to its release, SF4 wasn't even on my personal radar screen. I'm way behind on whatever the scene is up to now.  8D

And if this game keeps on boring me, then who knows? There's plenty of other stuff coming out that's certainly interesting...

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:33 AM
I honestly think Seth has SNK Boss Syndrom.

He's hard as [parasitic bomb], and I was playing on Medium. I'm not exactly great at fighting games in the first place, but this is ridiculous.

Seth, [tornado fang] you and go to hell.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: February 20, 2009, 01:38:58 PM
Play SFA3 EX Bison on the normal difficulty and we'll talk about Seth.

That, or play some of the legendary SNK bosses in medium-to-hard difficulty. :P

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: February 20, 2009, 01:55:48 PM
There's a difference between moderately hard, and cheap hard.

SNK bosses tend to be just unfair. But are easy once you exploit their AI weaknesses.

Capcom actually does balanced bosses that pose no problems if you're a somewhat decent player.

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: February 20, 2009, 05:36:11 PM
The final boss of a fighting game is cheap.In another news, water is wet.

People, M.Bison was hard even in the very original sF2 in SNES, final bosses aren´t supossed to be easy, specially in fighting games.

As DZ said, Bison was also hard in SFA3. And anybody played Street fighter 3 ?, the final boss wasn´t only hard, he had the anoying habit of resurrecting. Just a protip, play the game until you are good at it, and then finish it, gee, people this days wants everything easy. I bet someone in IGN or kotaku said something about Seth being too hard and people is jumping in the cool bandwagon. Just practice ( that's kinda of the point of the game, right ?)

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: February 20, 2009, 05:51:52 PM
Play SFA3 EX Bison on the normal difficulty and we'll talk about Seth.

I dunno. As far as Capcom bosses go, "Final Vega/Bison/Dictator" was pretty easy, imo. Bait/wait for him to "PSYYYYCHO....CRUSSSSSSHER!!!!", and you're good. As long as you don't try and do something stupid, like JUMPING IN on him while he has full meter, you can pretty much fight him "fairly".

Seth is definitely more in "Gill's" camp, though. No "Resurrection no Jutsu!" for Sethy, but  I can still see how he can be a handful if you let him.

That, or play some of the legendary SNK bosses in medium-to-hard difficulty. :P

Again, this. Go fight Cici in Matrimelee. The lil girl will make you cry, until you figure out exactly how to easily exploit her patterns. Bobby in the PS2 is almost as bad...  8D

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:45 PM
Or Johan from Rage of the Dragons, or Kouryu of Last Blade 2.

Helada Quemadura

Reply #144 on: February 21, 2009, 01:18:35 AM
H: Here's a little review I made for the game

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/review/R132234.html

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: February 21, 2009, 02:55:11 AM
It just might be me not being all that great of a fighting gamer, but some of Ryu's combos in his Trial Challenge seem a bit out there and something I wouldn't think people could use effectively.

Are these combos something that'd be found in tournaments, or is Capcom just making things difficult for people who can't play fighting games for [parasitic bomb]?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: February 21, 2009, 04:39:15 AM
a lot of combos lvl3 and above, i'm terrible with. either the timing for input is extremely strict on some of these, or i just suck. probably the latter. i have enough trouble doing Guile's super and ultra. seriously, [1]319 is a disgusting thing to input on a controller.

i'm love it/hate it with Sakura's dub voice. the Valley Girl manner of speech is very annoying, but it kinda fits Sakura. it a weird combination when she says Ryu-san, though.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: February 21, 2009, 08:15:22 AM
I agree about the timing, but I can't say for sure since the D-pad for a 360 controller isn't exactly the most fluid thing ever and i've yet to play on the arcade stick, but there are times when certain links feel a bit weird to time (such as Fuerte's air fierce punch -> fierce kick, that one is weird to link since the kick itself would not hit the opponent and the air FP would have to be done overhead the opponent rather than straight to the face).  I did howver had a hard time linking Sakura charged Force Hit -> down medium kick to her EX spin kick (forgot the name, sorry) though I can easily link that when just linking w/ MK -> EX Spin Kick rather than starting that w/ the charged force hit :/.

But since I've yet to play on an arcade stick, whether i'd be able to link or pull off combinations a bit more fluidly or i'm just a plain mediocre fighter player XD

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: February 22, 2009, 06:28:50 AM
Sakura for the win. Add "Darth Seran" to get owned. That is all.

EDIT: Woo, first post in almost a month.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: February 23, 2009, 10:43:02 PM
SNK bosses tend to be just unfair. But are easy once you exploit their AI weaknesses.
Igniz!