Castlevania

Satoryu · 240115

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #925 on: January 28, 2011, 05:17:58 AM
I'd like Alucard to have a short Wingsmash as a martial art. But after giving him +1 versions of Kaiser Knuckles, Valmanway, and the Alucard Sword, I don't expect much else for him. Maybe that elusive Shield Rod if anything.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #926 on: March 17, 2011, 05:45:09 AM
Wise fwom your gwave!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAu0gRCI3Mw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #927 on: March 17, 2011, 05:51:50 AM
seen that and i'm kinda hyped for the dlc

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #928 on: March 17, 2011, 11:05:40 AM
Still haven't got this game, on account of too many good games lately. Should I? The demo made it seem too God of War-ish, and God knows how tired I am of that game.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #929 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:48 PM
Well, you DO pirate your games so...

what do ya got to lose?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #930 on: March 17, 2011, 12:35:02 PM
Because I have to pirate it for the PS3.

...and it requires minimal effoooooooooort! ;_;

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #931 on: March 17, 2011, 12:38:15 PM
PFFT!

I put more effort washing plates at my job than pirating (aside from the fact that I get money for that).  You'll be ok.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #932 on: March 17, 2011, 08:41:11 PM
Because I have to pirate it for the PS3.

...and it requires minimal effoooooooooort! ;_;
Get it. It's great.

On another note, HYYYYYYYYPE!

That trailer was awesome. I really love the art style for this game, the one they use in these trailers and the character profiles.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #933 on: March 17, 2011, 08:51:07 PM
So..what kind of demon/monster will Gabriel be fighting now? Will the monster be based on an existing CV character (Because I like this sort of cameos).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #934 on: March 17, 2011, 08:59:59 PM
We dont know. But we know it's an evil far greater than the Lords of Shadow, that apparently Carmilla was keeping in check.

Lol, the one of the Castlevania Dungeons forum members made this hillarious quote:

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #935 on: March 17, 2011, 09:29:15 PM
I want to see Slogra and Gaibon. I want them to be as awesome as in SCIV, as well.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #936 on: March 17, 2011, 09:40:16 PM
The only thing Carmilla was keeping in check was Dr. Frankenstein...wasn't she?
Seeing S and G would be awesome too. For some reason I keep expecting Galamoth...dunno why

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #937 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:07 PM
She wasnt keeping him in check, she was keeping him prisoner to pay for his horrible experiments.

She WAS however, apparently keeping some evil contained in the castle.

Im going to guess either Galamoth or some form of Chaos.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #938 on: March 17, 2011, 09:47:29 PM
Sounds like keeping in check to me :D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #939 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:03 PM
Its funny, most people have been speculating Galamoth.

I honestly dont think Slogra and Gaibon really have the magnitude to be great evils which would require Gabriel to become a vampire in order to defeat.

I think myself it might be chaos. it makes sense, we already know that the Vampire castle IS alive, just like Castlevania in the IGAverse.

I thik either Galamoth, Chaos, or Legion, or some semblance of them therof.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #940 on: March 17, 2011, 10:17:11 PM
Get it. It's great.

I do not think Flash will agree with that.

Flash, if you thought the demo was too GoW, then the full game ain't going to feel too much different.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #941 on: March 17, 2011, 10:19:30 PM
It's Death

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #942 on: March 17, 2011, 10:24:00 PM
It's Death
Somehow I don't really think so either. Dunno, but considering that Satan double crossed him, he should have no real qualm with Gabriel anymore. There is no more God Mask, and it never was the device that Death OR Satan thought it was, and we see some thousands of years later, Zobek is back to recruit Gabriel against Satan and his rising army again. If anything, he would just sit back and watch, much like he has done throughout the whole game.

Lets also remember that there is a time machine involved in Reverie.

I do not think Flash will agree with that.

Flash, if you thought the demo was too GoW, then the full game ain't going to feel too much different.
Flash, I recommend watching some playthroughs. I dont know where the demo stops, so id say somewhere after that.

or hell, considering you pirate it, just pirate it, and if you dont like it, well, no money lost. :P

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #943 on: March 17, 2011, 10:49:49 PM
This is definitely one of those games where your mileage may vary. I personally enjoyed it more than God of War.

I honestly dont think Slogra and Gaibon really have the magnitude to be great evils which would require Gabriel to become a vampire in order to defeat.
I didn't mean as the main focus of the DLC, I meant as enemies/sub-bosses. Preferably sub-bosses.

As for the main focus, I'm leaning towards Galamoth or Legion to be perfectly honest. I don't really see Chaos as an option here.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #944 on: March 17, 2011, 11:21:08 PM
Flash, I recommend watching some playthroughs. I dont know where the demo stops, so id say somewhere after that.

or hell, considering you pirate it, just pirate it, and if you dont like it, well, no money lost. :P
I honestly don't know. See, what I don't like in God of War, is that the game keeps throwing nonstop action at me, but the combos and gameplay never really change. Honestly? I just want some interesting enemies to fight, a decent amount of cutscenes to keep me occupied with a halfassed story, decent enough gameplay to be responsive, and characters that don't make me slap my face in fury.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #945 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:38 AM
i vote for Chaos
and Legion as a Subboss that was revived because of Chaos

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #946 on: March 18, 2011, 02:08:43 AM
I honestly don't know. See, what I don't like in God of War, is that the game keeps throwing nonstop action at me, but the combos and gameplay never really change. Honestly? I just want some interesting enemies to fight, a decent amount of cutscenes to keep me occupied with a halfassed story, decent enough gameplay to be responsive, and characters that don't make me slap my face in fury.
In that case, then you might like it. It is fairly action packed, but it DOES have some nice platforming. Unlike GoW, it is not just a hack'nslash. It has platforming elements to it. For ever large GoW style fight, there is a few platformer parts.
And there is definitely more of a story to the game than GoW. Especially towards the middle -> end. (in fact, thats where the game as a whole seems to pick up the pace... weird...)

I don't really see Chaos as an option here.
Ah yeah I guess sub bosses works.

Really? How so?

if anything, both Chaos AND legion might not apply, as the trailer refers to a demon, as "him", identifying one single entity. Legion would be an "it". Although knowing how LoS is basically reinventing everything, enemies included, it would not surprise me if the demon alluded to, was the one the Bernhards made the pact with, turning the castle into a living magical entity.

And he might be named Chaos.
or not.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #947 on: March 18, 2011, 02:15:06 AM
In that case, then you might like it. It is fairly action packed, but it DOES have some nice platforming. Unlike GoW, it is not just a hack'nslash. It has platforming elements to it. For ever large GoW style fight, there is a few platformer parts.
And there is definitely more of a story to the game than GoW. Especially towards the middle -> end. (in fact, thats where the game as a whole seems to pick up the pace... weird...)
I'll definetly try it out, then. The game itself looks quite interesting.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #948 on: March 18, 2011, 04:08:36 AM
If you can get past the fact that it isnt metroidvania or any semblance of IGAvania thereof, you'll be fine.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #949 on: March 18, 2011, 04:28:45 AM
it actually feels more like pre Metroidvania
you go from stage to stage its just advanced