The "Open Your Mind" Gaming Challenge!

Bueno Excelente · 9228

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:13 PM
I usually don't care too much about the music as long as it isn't ear-seeringly terrible. Formulatic DJMax songs, typical DDR Eurotrash, overly cheerful Japanese pop, as long as it has a beat I'm good.

Taiko no Tatsujin is good because it has a variety of songs. Like originals, game music, anime music, pop songs, traditional songs, and classical music.
Classical music is my fave.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 01:19:58 PM
I usually don't care too much about the music as long as it isn't ear-seeringly terrible. Formulatic DJMax songs, typical DDR Eurotrash, overly cheerful Japanese pop, as long as it has a beat I'm good.

Taiko no Tatsujin is good because it has a variety of songs. Like originals, game music, anime music, pop songs, traditional songs, and classical music.
Classical music is my fave.
I like games like PaRappa, Gitaroo Man and Space Channel 5 because they feel like actual musicals story's not much, but they pump you up regardless. That, and they're pretty easy. But most rythm games just seem like a game of Simon over and over and over again. That, and I am a music elitist. If any game had my favoured 11-minute songs, people would burst into flames playing them.

Also, does your Oddpack contain Stranger's Wrath? Because EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY THAT.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 02:24:23 PM
Nope =O That costed moar monies > 3> And Krystal is stingy on Steam~ Nya =w=

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 02:40:30 PM
Well, hope you enjoy Abe's games. Be sure to post your experience!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 01:14:19 AM
Ok, managed to find GoW HD Coll. for around 20$ brand new via Amazon, so...in a week or two, i'll be able to participate hehe.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 02:03:39 AM
AWESOME. I played two more missions on Goldeneye.

Compared to some original gameplay videos, I can say that the original had no partner and cinematic gameplay happening, but it does make the game a bit more exciting. It's s step on the right direction, even though this game is as well. It's cool and refreshing to see a secret agent FPS done really well in the age of war FPS games. It has just enough explosions to make it feel good.

The Wiimote and nunchuck are the best to aim, but they're far too erratic to play well with the camera. It explains why the game even comes with a golden classic controller. The gamecube controller seems to be a perfect substitute, and the game itself is quite well played this way. I had to tweak the options a bit for maximum comfortability, but apart from that, it's awesome.

I've missed stuff like security cameras to shoot and stealth with actual action sneaking. Which is done really well in this game. I wish I could try out the multiplayer. I remember having done once as a kid at a friend's house, but it's a bit of a distant memory.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:17 PM
This is rather "late to the party" gaming instead of an "open your mind" challenge.

After years, almost decades, of mostly JRPGs I am currently getting into WRPG/CRPGs. Namely Baldur's Gate 1+2+Expansion and Planescape Torment. I should have picked them up earlier. They're REALLY good. Also spending more time on Diablo 2 and, with the sequel coming soon, tried the Witcher 1. Really neat-o. These should keep me occupied for a while. I'm just not used to mouse+keyboard controls, and my desktop layout doesn't make the whole thing more comfortable either. C'est la vie

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 11:20:43 PM
This is rather "late to the party" gaming instead of an "open your mind" challenge.

After years, almost decades, of mostly JRPGs I am currently getting into WRPG/CRPGs. Namely Baldur's Gate 1+2+Expansion and Planescape Torment. I should have picked them up earlier. They're REALLY good. Also spending more time on Diablo 2 and, with the sequel coming soon, tried the Witcher 1. Really neat-o. These should keep me occupied for a while. I'm just not used to mouse+keyboard controls, and my desktop layout doesn't make the whole thing more comfortable either. C'est la vie
In a forum of mostly weeaboos, I am currently reading a reply of a guy who tells me he's trying out some of the finest role-playing games ever made, and enjoying them.

So proud. ;__;

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 03:15:56 AM
Um, something may or may not have gone wrong but Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier is a turn-based RPG...

...=w=a I thought this was about new things D: But it seems it's also unique in that it's the one in the series that plays like this. Okay time to find a different Super Robot Taisen...

There are a bunch, any recommendations? orz

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 03:19:29 AM
Um, something may or may not have gone wrong but Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier is a turn-based RPG...

...=w=a I thought this was about new things D: But it seems it's also unique in that it's the one in the series that plays like this. Okay time to find a different Super Robot Taisen...

Give Rhapsody a try. It's probably one of the easiest and most entertaining strategy RPGs around. Good entry point.

If not, just get the first Disgaea and enjoy PLAYING FOREVER.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:35 AM

Endless Frontier is one of the turn based RPGs I actually LIKE. Because combat involves MORE than just [tornado fang]ing choosing commands.
Just like Mario & Luigi series. : D

But yeah, either try that Rhapsody game... or... if you have PSP, then try Disgaea 2: DARK HERO DAYS, which is the best Disgaea EVUURRRR!
For the handhelds at least.