Miyamoto is "disappointed in StarFox".

Jericho · 9880

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 04:58:08 AM
At least it's plot made sense from start to finish, despite the deviations.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 06:59:44 AM
Nothing all that wrong with deviation from the source material. The problem with Transformers 2 was that it made no sense even as a stand alone movie.
How so?

GI Joe deviated somewhat from the source material.  Mind you, it wasn't all that great of a movie, but at least I found it enjoyable.
Aww, I hadn't seen it yet, & you're the first person to tell me it wasn't good. I heard it was pretty good from some of my friends.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 05, 2009, 07:10:05 AM
Aww, I hadn't seen it yet, & you're the first person to tell me it wasn't good. I heard it was pretty good from some of my friends.

As I said, it's not very good.  In terms of acting and storytelling, it could've been much better.  However, for a movie based on GI JOE, a cartoon I really wasn't fond of to begin with, I actually enjoyed it.  The action was good, the vehicles (the best part of GI JOE) were awesome, and it had a good plot.

But Transformers 2 was awful.  The acting was terrible and annoying, the plot was non-existant and instead replaced with a disjointed series of events, and it's the only movie in my illustrious history of watching action/summer blockbusters flicks where I've said that there are too many explosions.  As you said, it didn't have to be the Cartoon.  Hell, it didn't even had to have a really great story, like GI JOE, or the numerous 80's action flicks of the past.  But, it has to give me something besides 1 or 2 good CGI fight scenes and slo-mo Megan Fox tits.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 07:14:47 AM
I mean, it wasn't great, but I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't think it was much better or worse than the first one. They're movies I'll watch once ever.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 07:18:21 AM
I mean, it wasn't great, but I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't think it was much better or worse than the first one. They're movies I'll watch once ever.

See, that's just it.  I own the first Transformers movie, and I could watch it again.  With the 2nd, I don't even want to own it for collection purposes.  Mind you, the first movie didn't really have a great story either, nor great acting.  But, despite it's flaws, I still came out of the theater entertained. 

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 05, 2009, 07:20:04 AM
I dunno, I had a hard time with the first one too. I think the Autobots sneaking around the house was where I lost hope for it. What made the second one anywhere near tolerable were the reactions of the friends I was watching it with... so great XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 05, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Well that's why it's always good to go to movies with friends, just for reactions alone.  Heh, and boy did that movie provoke some reactions.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 05, 2009, 07:43:14 AM
  Hell, I thought Transformers 2 was/is the worst movie of the year

Legend of Chunli? Seriously, that movie had like, zero redeeming values.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 07:54:17 AM
Legend of Chunli? Seriously, that movie had like, zero redeeming values.

I haven't seen that or Dragonball yet.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:30 AM
As bad as TF2 was, I still think it was better than both of those, so yeah...

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 04:54:16 PM
How about we call it a three-way tie and say that Transformers 2, DB:E, and Legend of Chun-Li are the worst movies of '09? TF2 for being more of the same and double the bad, DB:E for not having ANYTHING to do with the original source minus a 5 minute google check to see the names of characters and what the signature attack of one was called, and Chun-Li for doing worse than the original SF movie (Jean Claude would be ashamed).

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 05:25:14 PM
I don't agree with the tie. TF2 had some enjoyable moments at least, DBE was extremely rushed and completely uniteresting with the exception of a few moments, and Chunli was just awful in everything and as bad of an adaptation as DBE

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 09:21:12 PM
See, that's just it.  I own the first Transformers movie, and I could watch it again.  With the 2nd, I don't even want to own it for collection purposes.  Mind you, the first movie didn't really have a great story either, nor great acting.  But, despite it's flaws, I still came out of the theater entertained. 
I liked the action scenes in TF2 more than in 1 because they at least managed to get the camera out of Optimus' crotch. I also really liked the Jupiter scenes, with the classic Megatron landing & already calling upon Starscream for a scolding. Also, you bought a copy of Transformers? Ugh, why? I'd prefer to have Transformers The Movie sit alone on my shelf than with that crap.

As for DB:E, you guys are all retarded. That movie was the funniest movie of the year.