Gundam Vs Gundam Help

Gotham Ranger · 1325

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
on: July 03, 2009, 11:06:18 AM
I know there was a topic about this game already, thanks to the wonderful search engine, but it hasn't been touched since about November and I was going to necropost that out of hell :P

So, I recently picked this game up. I'm getting my ass kicked mainly because I have no [tornado fang]ing clue whats going on. I've searched for a guide, but the only one I found was an absolutely horrendous piece of [parasitic bomb] opting to do the most fuckheaded things such as replace U,D,L,R with [tornado fang]ing numbers (because when you're trying to figure out whats going on, NUMBERS are gonna make it so much simpler) and other awful guide writing stuff.

Basically, I'm needing controls. The one thing the guide did specify is that I'm going to be pushing quite a few buttons for some of the heavier attacks (shame it went with the retarded numbers scheme). I know some of you were looking into this game, and have played it (PB, you magnificient bastard), so could I get some help here?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 12:17:45 PM
The issue with the labeling of the buttons is because said FAQ was written based on the controls for the arcade version of the game.

Controls:
---------

By default, the control scheme is the following:

Square:    Main Weapon
Triangle:  Melee
X:         Jump
Circle:    Search
L:         CPU Command
R:         Subweapon
Select:    Mobile Assist

Any questions?

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 12:35:23 PM
I've seen plenty of arcade games use normal instructions that didn't need numbers. Plus, by the time I even got to it, I was pretty raged out.

And yeah, I got the basics, its when the more complicated stuff comes into, which seems to involve pressing several buttons at once, which seems pretty uncomfortable.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 08:29:53 PM
If I remember correctly, pressing L & R together gave you your super move.  I think there are more button combos, but I can't remember off the top of my head.  LoL, this is why I like the PS2 version better.  XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 03:03:49 AM
I thought GvG was a PSP release

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 05:40:02 AM
I meant the PS2 games, like Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam, and the two SEED games.  The DualShock just makes the game easier, and better!  XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 03:28:15 AM
Well of course it does! Its got 4 more buttons and one more stick :P There's so much more you can do with it! Though, I do hope Gundam Vs Gundam Next gets a PS2 release. The lack of Tallgeese in this game is absolutely inexcusable.

----

So here's a question. Why in the [tornado fang] is free battle mode so much harder compared to arcade mode? Its a real turn off when everything you do is countered and you're pinned down from two sides while your CPU partner is off doing whatever.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 10:14:00 AM
Well, you can command your buddy to help you out.  Usually when it's two on one, which it is a lot, your best bet is to constantly keep switching targets, or be a Newtype.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:48:31 AM
Yeah, I found my partner was often somewhere screwing around while I'm get blasted from two or three sides :P Though, I find if you use Domon or Master Asia as your partners, your more likely to get hit by them as well!