PictoChat

King Reaper · 1844

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
on: April 13, 2009, 03:44:19 AM
So... I turned on my DS today, as I often do, to play a game.
For some reason, my attention was drawn to the PictoChat button on the DS' main screen. I decided to click it and screw around with the drawing function. Slightly amusing, but ultimately pointless.
The question I pose to you people is thus: Have any of you used the PictoChat feature of your DS? I mean, beyond screwing around a little when you first bought your DS.
I mean, honestly, the way it's set up, in order to use PictoChat with someone, you're close enough that you could actually just go and talk to them. Not only that, but you pretty much have to talk to them and agree to go into PictoChat, since it's not like people carry their DS around with them and randomly enter PictoChat to see if anyone else is using it.

Yeah. That's basically it.

...what?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:48:22 AM
i've used it to jot some things down once or twice. but i would never use it the way it's supposed to be used.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:48:44 AM
Moving Memo Pad > PictoChat just because you can send those buggers out in the wild world of the interwebs. Otherwise, PictoChat is good if you have a good friend or two in range and needs something to do for shits and giggles in class or something. Ultimately, the novelty wears off fast.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:56:29 AM
Honestly, I think that PictoChat could be greatly improved through wifi connectivity. Add things like the ability to send messages to people when their offline and stuff. Make it a sort of text message/IM/Email kind of thing.
There was a little chat attachment for the GBA SP that I'd seen in stores that was like that. Sent the messages via radio signals, too, which seemed pretty cool, since you would be able to send data over long distance and wouldn't need to be in range of a wifi access point or something.

...what?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:56:57 AM
Just the initial playing around when I just got my DS.
Now, it just sits there... -_-

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 03:58:53 AM
One day, when a huge group of friends (say 50-60 people) were piled together, crammed inside a small hotel while having SSB Melee tournaments on a projector screen, we would have our DS's ready.

We couldn't reach each other at all, because the room was crowded and we were very close to the walls in the room. So somehow, we managed to hold some Comic Jam style drawing contests while we waited for our turn to play Melee (and hoping to win some cash, lol). I enjoyed the PictoChat moment.

That moment of ours ended with VG characters being eaten by sharks... >U<

The next morning, the Official Nintendo tournaments started. All kinds of high-score and multiplayer type games, not just fighting. Money and Plasma TV was the prize... </psp>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 03:59:06 AM
The only time I properly used pictochat was in a gaming convention/tournament. That way I got the chance to set up some fun Mario 64 DS multiplayer games that way. Also, lots of [ray splasher].

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 04:02:17 AM
The only time I used PictoChat in the proper way was when I first bought it and me and my friends were all like "LOL LOOK I'M DRAWING PE NISES, I'M SO WITTY!" :P

...what?

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:40 AM
My DS exploded when I tried to use Pictochat.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:07 AM
My DS exploded when I tried to use Pictochat.

Well...

*pulls out shades*

I guess...

*puts them on*

You've got the touch.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH