Sakura Leic · 2818411

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17200 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:28 AM
Us autistics aren't known for our lies anyway.  We take everything at face value, which can lend to a bit of gullibility.  If you tell us bullshit, we'll usually believe it, and then repeat that bullshit to others, because we thought it was true.  I've done that many a time.  I can't lie worth a damn, anyone can see right through it, and when I am sarcastic, it is obviously so.  Subtlety is not my forté.

Archer

Reply #17201 on: October 24, 2012, 08:35:12 AM
getting annoyed because someone called someone autistic

i bet you're autistic

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #17202 on: October 24, 2012, 08:46:50 AM
I knew someone who made up stories.  He wasn't autistic.  He was just full of bullshit.

Oh yea, what happened to that ol' panda anyway? XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17203 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:19 AM
I was actually referring to someone else entirely! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #17204 on: October 24, 2012, 09:01:05 AM
I'm not autistic but I get where you're coming from Quickie, I can be quite gullible sometimes, and I still am, but I am a little smarter now.  I just hate hate hate when someone assumes someone is autistic or has Aspergers or the like because someone does things differently, my high school Spanish teacher thought I had Aspergers for very stupid reasons.  

She came to this conclusion simply because she was saying that a guy I happened to know shouldn't run to lunch and I disagreed with her and reaffirmed my position every time it was brought up and no one else agreed with me, I cried once when people group up so fast for a group project and no one ever approaches me and I honestly have a hard time finding a group because in most of my classes everyone is friends with each other but I was friends with no one, I once absentmindedly asked a girl if her hair was greasy because it looked shiny although it really was a stupid thing to say, and the coup de grace when a kid was asking if someone wanted his chips around a group I happened to be within ear shot and asked what kind and she noticed it and thought it was weird.

She also had a meeting with my mom when I received a award for outstanding participation for another class, nosy much?

Don't get me wrong she honestly wanted to help, but she was a pretty young teacher who was also the cheerleader coach, made us watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and went crazy about banana related items for a week and she thinks I'm weird?

Well I am weird and damn proud of it, I hate blue jeans with a passion, I've been making friends with guys since elementary school, I love videogames, I don't like chocolate cake or ice cream, I love cosplaying, I follow Let's Players more than celebrities, I hate sports, I think Pugs are adorable, I love Jynx, I think Trubbish is adorable and the Vanilite line looks cool, I hate South Park, Regular Show, Family Guy, and American Dad, I think Kingdom Hearts is totally overrated and Square has lost it, I'm proud of being a virgin and not being in a relationship right now, and most of all I learned most of the important things in life thanks to video games and being on this forum for 5 years.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #17205 on: October 24, 2012, 08:03:52 PM
Dude don't assume someone is autistic just because he pronounces words wrong and possibly makes up stories.  The won-ton won thing can actually be common, it could just be a accent for all we know. The fact that he may make up stories just means he likes to mess with people or lies habitually, it is nowhere near autism. 
I like the concept of you defending my personal friend that I berate about these same things constantly. For some mysterious reason we're still friends. He's like infinitely naive. Seriously, slightly autistic.

And wait is that squirrel real or part of his made up stories because if that did actually happen that is one awesome squirrel.
That story's impossible.

Subtlety is not my forté.
The accent implies the two-syllable Italian word forte, relating to sound. No accent is the French-derived single-syllable forte, which means strength and comes from the part of the sword above the handguard.

I hate blue jeans with a passion
What's wrong with jeans? They durable as hell. It takes forever for holes to burn in them. If you sit on a slightly wet chair, they can usually absorb it without discomforting your buttcheeks. I make this counter argument that blue jeans rock.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17206 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:37 PM
He still doesn't sound autistic to me, he sounds funny to me actually.  But again someone assuming that other people are autistic or have aspergers just because they do things differently is a big pet peeve of mine equal to people acting exactly like their stereotype.  

That story's impossible.
Okay that's what I thought, I'm suddenly reminded of that one time my grandpa wanted to get rid of a stray cat that kept showing up in his back yard by driving it to the middle of nowhere and the cat still came back and he gained a respect for that cat.  He did it to protect the cat and his garden.

What's wrong with jeans? They durable as hell. It takes forever for holes to burn in them. If you sit on a slightly wet chair, they can usually absorb it without discomforting your buttcheeks. I make this counter argument that blue jeans rock.
The reason that I hate blue jeans so much is, that because they are so durable, they are uncomfortable to me, and I can never find the right size because of my hartman hips.  Not to mention when it rains they just feel worse because they tighten. Also I live in California, so everyone wears them and I just don't like that, I also hate conformity a lot as well.  I understand why everyone wears them but I just really don't for those reasons.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17207 on: October 24, 2012, 08:29:36 PM
What are hartman hips?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17208 on: October 24, 2012, 08:30:50 PM
Very shapely hips.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17209 on: October 24, 2012, 11:14:38 PM
Yes please~ :cookie:

I think I have a plush companion cube stored somewhere in the backroom. Gotta dig it out sometime. Your new avatar's art style reminds me of an artist I know.

Also, Goodwill in Senior Day is MADNESS!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17210 on: October 25, 2012, 12:54:01 AM
Very shapely hips.
Tell us more about your shapely hips please o/'

Don't kick my ass please o/'

Posted on: 2012-10-24, 18:41:00
"I shouldn't type when I haven't slept in 24 hours.  I'm practically drunk; I'm just hitting Post without a second thought."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17211 on: October 25, 2012, 04:28:53 AM
Naivety isn't necessarily a symptom of autism, either.  I know several people with autism, and they're not naive.  I have autism and I'm not naive.  I know people who don't have autism, and they are seriously naive.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17212 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:07 AM
...  I'm going to regret posting this, but...

"Does anyone in this country not have autism or Asperger disease anymore?"

... I had a rant to go along with that tactless statement in a vain attempt to justify it, but... I think I'd better not...

*hides in a hole somewhere* If I've offend anyone I'm sorry...  I don't have either/or, I'm just a heartless [dark hold].

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17213 on: October 25, 2012, 06:51:46 AM
I really don't think that it's that everyone has it so much that people are so paranoid about it and that it's been blown way out of proportions like most other things.  I've read multiple accounts of people who were misdiagnosed with Autism or Aspergers syndrome when they were just socially awkward or different.  But then again I could be wrong, but I do know that a lot of people have been misdiagnosed.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17214 on: October 25, 2012, 06:54:17 AM
It is certainly being over-diagnosed.  Asperger's is this decade's ADHD, in terms of pop psychology.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17215 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:55 AM
Yeah I mean 1 out of 150 is way too big of odds, for gods sake my cousin once thought her second son may have had autism because her first is really advanced for a almost 4 year old, but he's just a normal 2 year old.  I understand it's a concern, but people need to get their facts strait with these things.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17216 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:44 AM
...  *crawls out of his hole and hugs all three both of you*  Yes!  T_T  That's exactly, exactly, what my rant was going to say!  But um... maybe not as nice as you guys put it.  But seriously, I'm extremely relieved you guys understand completely what I meant.  Seriously...  Thank you for understanding...

Edit: Dang it, Rao caught my typo before I could edit it.  XD  *puts it back in*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17217 on: October 25, 2012, 07:05:29 AM
What do you mean 3?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17218 on: October 25, 2012, 07:12:28 AM
...  *crawls out of his hole and hugs both of you*  Yes!  T_T  That's exactly, exactly, what my rant was going to say!  But um... maybe not as nice as you guys put it.  But seriously, I'm extremely relieved you guys understand completely what I meant.  Seriously...  Thank you for understanding...

Eh, don't worry about it.  I actually find it annoying that it is being over-diagnosed.  It's like letting the common folk into an exclusive club; you let in too many people and the club is no longer special.

I was diagnosed when I was sixteen, by a doctor down at Johns Hopkins Medical Center.  I don't exhibit every single trait, as most of them I had grown out of, but I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism.  I wasn't in any support programs, so I had to learn to function like a normal person by myself.  It's not as if I didn't qualify, it was just that I didn't know that such programs around here even existed, so I fell right through the cracks.

There have been a couple people in my friend's art class (she teaches art) who were diagnosed with Asperger's and she has no idea why.  She said that they don't display any of the symptoms.  None whatsoever.  I have no idea who misdiagnosed these kids, but I hope they see a different doctor who can tell them and their parents that the diagnosis was bull.  I hazard that parents will even push for a diagnosis in some cases.

Yeah I mean 1 out of 150 is way too big of odds, for gods sake my cousin once thought her second son may have had autism because her first is really advanced for a almost 4 year old, but he's just a normal 2 year old.  I understand it's a concern, but people need to get their facts strait with these things.

As for your cousin's kids...  Autism would only be remotely considered if that kid had some serious developmental delays.  Autism is a pervasive developmental disorder; it develops over time.  Usually around age three is when some symptoms would begin to show, and they could progress from there, until the child begins to grow out of it.  It's mainly a disorder of childhood for most people, though there are symptoms and behaviors that can stick around well into adulthood.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17219 on: October 25, 2012, 07:27:16 AM
Yeah I read up on it and like I said he was a normal 2 year old. 

I myself may have had some symptoms of Aspergers because I had some physical problems early on, I was like a noodle, really couldn't throw a ball back then, and to this day I really can't do the loop de loop method of tying my shoes. I didn't talk until I was 4, not because I was mute but I just waited and when I did talk it was in complete sentences I only had minor trouble with my S's since my mom talked to me much more than my dad back then but he has his own problems and now that I'm older and understand him, I understand he and I were very much alike and that my grandma wasn't a very good parent and for that I feel very sorry for him. And like I said before I had trouble making friends growing up, though honestly this really isn't a big deal now considering the majority of people not really appealing to my moral, ethical, and logical aesthetics that may have been a blessing.

The one thing that drives the point that I don't have aspergers is 2 things: following a strict routine and having a OCD on one major thing.  I did have a routine but it was very flexible and I had many temporary OCDs but was never obsessed with one single thing.

While I still am very immature in many aspects the ones that I understand I really understand well.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17220 on: October 25, 2012, 07:47:50 AM
I follow routine.  Routine and constants is one of the hallmarks of autism.  It is order, and I adhere to a very strict routine of my own devising.  I do everything the same way every day, the same time each day, and I put things away in the same place every day, the same time each day, and in the same order.  My current morning routine is such:  Get up, get a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, take meds, go check the mail.  Every day, I do exactly that.  If someone calls me and disrupts that routine, my whole day is out of synch. 

Each night, I have the following routine:  Take off shoes, get a shower, get into pajamas, turn on router, get online.  After my alarm goes off to tell me to go to sleep, I shut down the computer, turn off the router, put my stuff away, take my meds, do my exercise, and go to bed.  The same thing every day.  I keep my shoes in the same spot at the foot end of my bed, in the same order.  My phone and glasses go on my windowsill in the same order.

Intense focus on one or a few particular subjects is also a trait of autism.  For example, I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd and I also love bugs.  My cousin who was diagnosed with Asperger's has an interest in vending machines.  I've varied up my focuses over the years, but each time, they were very obsessive and I could rattle off all sorts of needless facts.  Now I have a head full of trivia knowledge, which comes in handy for Armchair Jeopardy.

As for the talking... I didn't start talking until I was around two or three, and when I did, it was in complete sentences.  I also had trouble with S's and with Th sounds.  My S's sound like a Ts sound, and my Th's will vary between replacing the syllable with a D or a T at times for a soft Th, and my hard Th just sounds garbled.  But, that's just a speech impediment, and not really related to autism.

Growing up, my social skills were in the toilet.  The Internet, oddly enough, improved them.  They're still bad, but they're not as bad.  I mean, hey—I ran a booth at Celebration 6!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17221 on: October 25, 2012, 08:00:14 AM
Actually I think the speech impediment is a very small part of it, but the main thing is having trouble communicating with people so speech impediment is part of it but not a major part.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17222 on: October 25, 2012, 08:13:57 AM
o/'
What is this, a fishing pole?

In my opinion only people like Rainman are autistic and the rest is bullshit.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #17223 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:32 AM
It's a musical note.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17224 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:38 AM
 -AC

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything