Shiggy: Super Mario 3DS: Mix of Galaxy & 64, Tanuki Suit Confirmed, 2011!

Jericho · 7919

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Does anyone know the total number of coins that one can get in this game?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
285 Star Medals in levels.
48 in Mystery boxes.

And I think you also get Star Coins from Street Pass/Spot Pass mystery boxes too. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Just finished the first world today.

This game is [tornado fang]ing great. I usually play my 3DS games in 2D Primarily but for this one I'm willing to make an exception. The 3D is used well.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
It just came out here today and i already have it :3 Beat the first world in short order but enjoyed every second of it, i can already see some of the stuff featured in World 1 coming back later on in extreme dickish design level fashion.

I can't wait to tackle them.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
This game is fantastic. All I have left to do is beat every stage again with Luigi & double check my golden flag status. I know I missed a few!

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Main game over already? That was... a little lackluster =/ Final boss fight was kinda cool but couldn't help but think during every second of it that the music during it NEEDED a hint of guitar in there >_> But maybe that was just my musical taste kicking in.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Yeah, the main game is a breeze. But it became much more challenging when tackling the Special Worlds. Adding to the fact that they sometimes like to place the Star medals in areas you might not see in your first playthrough of a level. There's a couple I still haven't gotten because they're so well hidden.

Final boss fight was kinda cool but couldn't help but think during every second of it that the music during it NEEDED a hint of guitar in there >_> But maybe that was just my musical taste kicking in.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-mjdvdeuI[/youtube]

IMO the best final battle theme for a Mario game. Hell, it's up there with the best boss themes of all time!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Breezed through the main game (Making sure to go back and get any missing gold flags.). Just starting on the Special Worlds (Though I might just put that on hold to play through the main game as Luigi.)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Cleared the Special-8-Crown level yesterday.  For as much as the rest of the game showcases the benefits of depth-perception and platforming, that last one lets you know that it still has its limits.  Lots of white-knuckle jumps that, 3D or no 3D, will have you in the usual watch-for-shadow-and-butt-slam twitch reflex mode.

Most of the Star Medals were easy for me to find, though there was an odd devious one here and there.  I kinda wish Mystery Boxes were a little more convenient to try so that I didn't have to run all over the map looking for their spaces every time they're renewed.

I'm definitely impressed with how well the Bowser battles turned out.  Rather than having him camp out next to his own self-destruct button, the way most SMB1-inspired battles do, he actually stalks you throughout a fairly decent length of the stage (as expected, taken to far greater lengths for the final battle).  And the prelude to the final battle always gets a chuckle out of me.  Bowser's just as good at being both the badass and the comic relief at the same time as he ever was.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
I've nearly got this one 100% done, all flags up to 8-2 are gold and i've got most of the coins, just need to go back and collect a few more and i'll have the rest of the levels unlocked and ready to be done.

Immediately switched to Luigi first chance i got :p

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:33 PM
So I walk around the maps and got gifties from Mii friends~ :cookie:

PB gave me a Fire Flower (and Mushroom). <3

Cephi gave me a Super Leaf (and Mushroom). <3 <3

Coincidence? >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I'd always give you a Fire Flower, darling. Or a Star, since you make me feel invincible!  8)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

Shiny Stars~ <3

Dat zero death counter~ :3

THANK YOU !! (green platforms with the face)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVLMIJ2Nxs#t=4m12s

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Yeah, I did that a week ago I think. Maaaaaan, that Special level is not easy!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Its not too bad with the Tanooki Suit. I still ended up only getting a 240 Best time because of the Mini-Boss taking a little longer than I would've liked.

Hell, I think the stages with the Giant Shadow Mario chasing you were worse. But I will agree that its difficult in the "Jumping on really small platforms trying to watch your shadow to make sure you don't fall" type of level, which I could be better at.