Out of all the villains...

CyberXIII · 38827

Poll

Which of these was the most evil villain?

Dr. Weil
Dr. Wily
Sigma
Copy X
Albert
Omega
Serpent
Other (Explain, please.)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 12:48:27 AM
yeah who plays meggerman for plot or character anyway

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 13, 2009, 01:05:22 AM
I play for game and story. Gameplay is cool, but it feels bland when there's no reason behind it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 13, 2009, 10:20:20 AM
Yeah, yeah, I know, ya gotta stop Robotnik from robotniking everybody

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: October 13, 2009, 04:07:34 PM
I play for game and story. Gameplay is cool, but it feels bland when there's no reason behind it.
Exactly.  Story adds to the gameplay experience.  I like blasting Sigma (or Weil if you prefer), but the experience is all the more satisfying if Sigma/Weil went and did something really horrible in the story line (like manipulating thousands of innocents or killing off 60% of the human population).

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: October 13, 2009, 05:19:56 PM
but then I would feel too sad about all the dead people to feel good about winning

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: October 14, 2009, 01:44:45 AM
Then you play as Zero, because he doesnt have that problem.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: October 14, 2009, 08:23:01 AM
I feel the most satisfied when I beat X6, because Drunken Hobo + Terminator is the best form mash-up ever.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #82 on: October 15, 2009, 03:17:13 AM
I just enjoy the fact that you get to kick the series baddie while he's down.  It's not often you get to see the main villain pjwned that badly in fantasy stories period, much less MegaMan.

That and the kickass form 2 music.  And the fact that it has the biggest, loudest, awesomest boss explosion ever (funny how that doesn't scratch Zero while X5's killed him; I guess Isoc/Wily planned ahead).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: October 15, 2009, 04:44:53 PM
I just enjoy the fact that you get to kick the series baddie while he's down.  It's not often you get to see the main villain pjwned that badly in fantasy stories period, much less MegaMan.

That and the kickass form 2 music.  And the fact that it has the biggest, loudest, awesomest boss explosion ever (funny how that doesn't scratch Zero while X5's killed him; I guess Isoc/Wily planned ahead).
Co-signed on all accounts and for the last comment... could it be that Zero was destroyed in X5 because he and X already beat on each other prior to the Sigma fight?

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: October 15, 2009, 05:35:29 PM
Voted Vile/weil.

Since for the most part he was the only one that was Truly evil/a douche bag and just wanted to kill everyone. Sigma and the others all at least had their reasons.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: October 15, 2009, 09:11:15 PM
revenge isn't a reason?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: October 15, 2009, 09:14:49 PM

THE NEW AND IMPROVED ZERO! NOW WITH 30% MORE BOSS EXPLOSION PROTECTION!
not sold in stores.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: October 15, 2009, 09:16:15 PM
revenge isn't a reason?
Revnge is just an excuse to justifyyour wrong ways

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:20 PM
Co-signed on all accounts and for the last comment... could it be that Zero was destroyed in X5 because he and X already beat on each other prior to the Sigma fight?
I always thought Zero more or less died when Sigma shot him before the rave, at least in that ending.

THE NEW AND IMPROVED ZERO! NOW WITH 30% MORE BOSS EXPLOSION PROTECTION!
not sold in stores.
It's too bad that either Phantom's explosion was stronger or Zero's new body was weaker.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: October 16, 2009, 02:53:30 AM
It's too bad that either Phantom's explosion was stronger or Zero's new body was weaker.
Not really; it is possible to get hit with that and survive.  Even so, at least Phantom's move is a visible suicide attack.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: October 16, 2009, 07:33:37 AM
I always thought Zero more or less died when Sigma shot him before the rave, at least in that ending.
in the regular storyline, Sigma never shoots Zero. Zero shoots at Sigma. only if you get Awakened Zero will Zero come to his senses and jump in front of X.

also, Phantom is just a l33t ninja. Who would have had a VERY kickass transformation in Zero 2 if he didnt kamikaze Zero.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: October 16, 2009, 07:24:40 PM
in the regular storyline, Sigma never shoots Zero. Zero shoots at Sigma. only if you get Awakened Zero will Zero come to his senses and jump in front of X.
I know. But he does die then in that ending, right? Does Sigma still go "bla bla taking Zero with me"?

Not really; it is possible to get hit with that and survive.  Even so, at least Phantom's move is a visible suicide attack.
Really? I never got hit by it because it was spoiled for me, but I'd read it was an instant kill.

also, Phantom is just a l33t ninja. Who would have had a VERY kickass transformation in Zero 2 if he didnt kamikaze Zero.
He should take some advice from Dynamo & know when to retreat.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:14 PM
The kamikaze attack got me the first time....I thought that it will be some kind of cutscene  -_- ...and no, it´s not an insta kill

Offline MereBytes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: October 17, 2009, 09:30:09 PM
Which one was the most evil?

Who do you think was the most vile, despicable, cruel, evil bastard in the entire franchise?

For me, it's probably Dr. Weil, but what do you guys think?

To me it's Sigma 'cause he keeps coming back to life like a freakin zombie.
I'm not suprised if Richter Belmont comes to visit in the next X game XD

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: October 18, 2009, 12:25:54 PM
Lumine assured us he wasn't coming back.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: October 18, 2009, 10:13:18 PM
I know. But he does die then in that ending, right? Does Sigma still go "bla bla taking Zero with me"?
I dont think he does. It wouldnt make sense.
Really? I never got hit by it because it was spoiled for me, but I'd read it was an instant kill.
if you have low life it is...
He should take some advice from Dynamo & know when to retreat.
He cant. He's too honorable to do so. He will protect X to the death. It's his job.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: October 18, 2009, 11:11:26 PM
X5 & X6 aren't exactly well-known for making a lot of sense in English.

if you have low life it is...
Well no [parasitic bomb]. That can apply to everything.

He cant. He's too honorable to do so. He will protect X to the death. It's his job.
More like he knows X is superior & realizes he's higher priority.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: October 18, 2009, 11:27:47 PM
That too. But remember his original job was to be X's bodyguard. A body guard does his job, even if it requires the ultimate sacrifice.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: October 19, 2009, 12:51:40 AM

Flame, what did you think Hypershell meant when he said X5 killed Zero in a boss explosion without regard for proximity?

Well no [parasitic bomb]. That can apply to everything.

Not really, there's a certain max health when no upgrades are applied. No attack but Phantom's suicide exceeds in damage a non upgraded Zero's health.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: October 19, 2009, 01:52:37 AM
Flame, what did you think Hypershell meant when he said X5 killed Zero in a boss explosion without regard for proximity?
Flame's referring to if Zero was Awakened and was thus shot by Sigma in the stage prior, thus he should allegedly already be dead.

However, this is not the case.  Sigma's dialogue is no different in that instance, so we can only assume that Zero is alive, and thus killed, off-screen.

Yeah, the "normal" X5 ending is bad.  The alternate is even worse.