The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730002

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3500 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:28 AM
Case 4 of Apollo Justice. I just want the game to end already.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3501 on: March 06, 2013, 08:44:30 PM
Decided to finish the Modern Warfare trilogy while I wait for Bioshock Infinite. Now playing MW3.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3502 on: March 06, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
Playing Tiberian Sun (this came with "Firestorm"). Although, I've played the original before, I never tried playing Firestorm, since we never had it that time.

Oh, and I'm like, "James Earl Jones!? What the hell are you doing in C&C. :O".

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3503 on: March 07, 2013, 07:02:50 AM
Finished Apollo Justice.

Hoped it wouldn't be a waste of time.

Turned out to be a waste of time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3504 on: March 07, 2013, 04:50:41 PM
Alien Storm: nothing interesting about it.

Flicky: one of those 1-screen games of the old days. Great stuff.

E-SWAT: frustrating, slow... and kinda fun.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3505 on: March 07, 2013, 05:23:05 PM
I actually started playing the original NES Castlevania. I'm liking it so far.

I'm nowhere close to great at it but it's been fun.

what

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3506 on: March 09, 2013, 03:04:33 AM
Thief: Deadly Shadows (PC)
And yes. I will be doing Shalebridge Cradle.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3507 on: March 09, 2013, 03:20:15 AM
have fun. My run went pretty well but only because I knew what to expect

Enjoy the sweet sweet voice of Dan Thron in the final level. You'll know what I mean when you get to it.

P.S. play 1&2 already.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3508 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:37 AM
Just 100%'d BioShock, now it's time for to have fun with New Game+ and the Challenge Rooms... and harvest the Sisters this time around. >0<

Still need someone to play Senko no Ronde with... and understand the complexity of Baldr Sky DiveX "Dream World", and play the two visual novels sitting a folder of my brother's PC. :\

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3509 on: March 11, 2013, 03:37:59 AM
Etrian Odyssey IV and Fire Emblem Awakening.

While Fire Emblem is great, I think I'm enjoying EOIV a bit more.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3510 on: March 12, 2013, 03:08:37 AM
Kid Chameleon... is tough... and freaking long. Dunno if I have the motivation to start over.

I did finish Dynamite Headdy and Ristar, both excellent! :D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3511 on: March 12, 2013, 04:16:03 AM
Kid Chameleon... is tough... and freaking long. Dunno if I have the motivation to start over.

I did finish Dynamite Headdy and Ristar, both excellent! :D

To this day, I don't think I've ever played a game harder than Kid Chameleon. I never finished and I never will.

I [tornado fang]ing love Ristar though.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3512 on: March 12, 2013, 10:21:33 AM
Since I'm still playing the classic "Tiberian Sun", just finished the GDI campaign and was hoping that the constant crashing caused by lasers and disruptors was over. Then started the Nod campaign, and then when I start going against GDI, it came back to torment me. I can see why I never liked GDI, they must be the reason the lasers and disruptors crash the game.

Going to try modify some mechanics if I have the right file present, since every possible solution to remedy this plague has failed.

Fear me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3513 on: March 12, 2013, 11:31:24 AM
To this day, I don't think I've ever played a game harder than Kid Chameleon. I never finished and I never will.

Seriously dude, how do people find the motivation to finish this? :o

I'm pretty sure I've beaten harder games... after a lot of trial and error, of course. Maybe KC just doesn't have enough to make me want to see everything. Maybe some other time, or if I abuse the PS3 save states...

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3514 on: March 16, 2013, 05:39:39 AM
Started Journey. Interesting co-op feature. Though one guy I ran into was kind of dumb and just walking aimlessly all over this one big hall expecting to find something nifty. I eventually had to turn it off for dinner at a rather intense part that felt kid of dickish to ditch the actually competent partner I was with by that point. We were struggling against the harsh environment together and here I just sit down for a moment and disappear from existence.

Other than that I was semi-forced into borrowing Red Dead Redemption off a friend in return for him borrowing my Metroid Prime Trilogy. Once again I am terrible with horse controls. Hasn't been this bad since Shadow of the Colossus. Of course like that game it turns out the main problem is I'm trying to take full manual control when just a simple hold of a button keeps things fairly on rails.

Also trekking through Ys Origin since I never actually finished every character's route. But when each one is going through the same tower again I'm rather unmotivated to do such.

Aaand maybe starting to put some semi-regular effort into playing Persona 3 FES. I feel like I'm way behind in progress for Tartarus in relation to other events but I've no idea if there's actual consequence for such.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3515 on: March 16, 2013, 05:47:36 AM
I got back into New Vegas. I love the atmosphere in this game AND how I can relate to most of it because I live in Vegas myself. When the Mr. New Vegas radio guy mentioned the NCR's monorail system breaking down I laughed. Very loudly. Because in real life, the monorail system across The Strip breaks down constantly to where we call in the "Monofail". I was amazed from the moment I entered Primm because of how accurately they captured it.

I also reinstalled Dishonored so I can finally play Dunwall City Trials while waiting for The Knife of Dunwall to come out.

And I'm still playing Thief - Deadly Shadows. I'd have played the first two but I could get any patches to work out right (mostly due to too short an attention span at the time) and that the controls were a little primitive and hard to get used to. TDS's stealth is really fun though. Top notch stuff. If not a little difficult to make out exactly where a guard's footsteps are coming from. Still not looking forward to Shalebridge Cradle.

I finally started Metroid Prime. But it lags quite a bit which kind of breaks the immersion. I'll tweak Dolphin's settings a bit but if it doesn't improve I might have to drop it until I can get a legit copy to pop into my Wii.

Playing Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc still.

Finally, I've picked Elsword and Rusty Hearts back up and started Microvolts for a bit of online action. Playing the former of the three the most. Rena is best Elsword girl. Angela is best Rusty Hearts character. And Microvolts is like TF2 for ten year olds. Which is redundant because TF2 is played mostly by ten year olds.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3516 on: March 17, 2013, 01:16:15 AM
Microvolts is like TF2
Why does everyone force this connection? It's not even class-based, for [tornado fang] sake! I mean, AFAIK it USED to be an exact copy of TF2 before it released, but now I'd compare it more to HL2DM or Duke Nukem or something.

And I know it sounds like I'm an MV fanboy, but I actually dislike it. There's only one thing about it that cannot be defended no matter what: its terrible level design. If it wasn't all shitty, compressed rat maps I'd take a bit more interest. Hell, there's rat maps BETTER than the [parasitic bomb] I stepped into. If you can see the enemy's spawn from your spawn, give up. Especially when you have to make yourself open as [parasitic bomb] just to get to fighting grounds (looking straight at that [parasitic bomb] chess table map).

It's also another one of those games where your bought weapons have a time limit on them >_>

what

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3517 on: March 17, 2013, 02:19:32 AM
Tales of Symphonia.

Watched the Tales of the Abyss anime, made me want to play the game again, couldn't deal with Luke being a whiny selfish brat, so I went to this one instead. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3518 on: March 17, 2013, 08:30:04 AM
mvrage.jpg

I hardly play it. :\

Tales of Symphonia.

If you haven't played it already, prepare to be awed. Amazing game.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3519 on: March 17, 2013, 09:02:40 AM
SO I'm playing .HACK G.U Vol 2.
Imported my save file from the first game, got some items plus some bonuses.
Nice thing.

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #3520 on: March 17, 2013, 04:14:52 PM
Just finished Red Dead Redemption and the original Castlevania.

Screwing around With CV III and Metal Gear Rising.

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3521 on: March 18, 2013, 05:37:39 AM
If you haven't played it already, prepare to be awed. Amazing game.
Symphonia's one of my GC games that my older brother had in his collection. Too bad I don't have access it to enjoy on my Wii. He sold it.  ;O;

Anyway, I'm messing around in NG+ on BioShock, got to Fort Folic and hitch the stupidest idea of going about completing Cohen's "masterpiece". Rather than take the photos of his dead apprentices like normal, I was like "No, you're getting their butt-cheeks instead", and did exactly that. The results were worth a few laughs. >0< Can't help hating the guy for being a twisted artist and like him for some memorable lines.

-EDIT-
One thing I can't stand about Fort Folic, or rather the thing that freaks me out the most, are those Plaster Splicers. It's like being stalked by Weeping Angels or SCP-173 only without "breaking eye-contact will end badly for you" part. Unlike common Spider Splicers, these Splicers are much stealhier than Naruto, they attack without warning and pop up when you least expect it, and they've been spooking people long before Creepers. What's more disturbing is how can they find you, let alone breathe with the plaster covering their entire head!

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3522 on: March 19, 2013, 12:51:32 AM
I hardly play it. :\
So, you're making the comparison because...?

what

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3523 on: March 19, 2013, 01:34:06 AM
Those were my thoughts on it.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3524 on: March 19, 2013, 02:08:50 AM
Those were my thoughts on it.
You have not answered the question.

How is Microvolts like TF2? Besides obvious stuff like oh cartoony graphics and oh double jumping.

what