MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 190289

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #550 on: October 21, 2010, 06:44:00 AM
I was thinking less Pokemon and more that she belonged in a Star Force game, which is pretty much my way of saying the design is [parasitic bomb] and doesn't belong anywhere near Legends.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #551 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:47 AM
Star Force designs where the best thing those games had. Besides, I don't see the point of arguing whether the design fits on Legends or not, each design has the style of very differents artists. They will make it fit later on.

And I'm glad to see Komaki's is winning, I liked that one the most...

Komaki's design looks like it belongs in Pokemon. Im sorry, but its true. Also, maybe Its just bad memory, but I recall Legends folk having relatively normal hair colors for the most part.
Also, her hair is too close to Roll's own hair style. We need a different style.
I don't really see the similarity :\...
And you're mentioning her hair having an unoriginal look after mentioning that no one else has her hair color. She could have dyed it :P

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #552 on: October 21, 2010, 07:36:34 AM
Komaki's design looks like it belongs in Pokemon. Im sorry, but its true. Also, maybe Its just bad memory, but I recall Legends folk having relatively normal hair colors for the most part.

Also, her hair is too close to Roll's own hair style. We need a different style.

Yuna and Sera had like...neon green hair.  That guy (Von Bleucher?), the 'leader/captain' of the Solpher Bottom had like dark green hair.  Many NPC's had interesting designs of their own.  Rock's hair was just CRAZY (AWESOME!), and Roll's and Tron's were strange, but very creative at the same time.

Plus, Legends 1 and 2 were a 'of the era' cell-shaded anime style gameing.  Anime Style being the key word.  The character's hair and appearances should be anime-like.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #553 on: October 21, 2010, 11:27:40 AM
Yuna and Sera were constructs, though?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #554 on: October 21, 2010, 08:29:53 PM
Von Bleucher wasn't a construct and he had green hair.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #555 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:29 AM
In all fairness, Sera and Yuna are ancients; Carbon hair colors have thus far been fairly tame.  And Bleucher doesn't look that green to me.  I see him as a regular dark-haired guy who in old age is just starting to get lighter.

But personally, in the context of anime styles, I don't find any particular hair color that unusual.  I've played enough Fire Emblem and the like to not be bothered by blue, pink, green, etc.

Why, after thousands of years, and hundreds of barely surviving humans on the surface of little islands of land would there be even a chance that anyone would 'remember' who or what Native Americans even are by that time?
So by this logic we cannot have a black character in Legends without memory of Africa?

Nevermind the fact that you are discussing race while we really only have a derivative clothing style (which could just as easily be old west settlers, you know).  Why do we HAVE to keep those cultural inspirations bound within the fourth wall?  Why can we not just dress the character however the hell we want and leave it at that?  Do you honestly think that Sensei, or any of the other artists for that matter, intended for a full rewrite of the heroine's backstory based solely on her appearance?

Every time I see someone who doesn't know what Japanese anime even is would see Naruto or something else anime-like and they usually say, "That looks like Poke'mon!" -  Its annoying, and you are all annoying me right now with that Poke'mon crap.  Its anime, its DASH/Legends, Its unique!  Stop labeling it something its not!
I'm afraid it's rather naive to dismiss an observed similarity as ignorance of Japan's art style.  I watch plenty of anime.  I own plenty of anime DVDs.  None of which are Pokemon (I have only some old VHS tapes).  I look at Komaki's design, and I see a younger Flannery, sorry.

Oh, and "DASH/Legends" is not a singular style in terms of this heroine design contest.  KoiDrake already covered that, but I'll say it again: each artist is drawing in their own style.  If that wasn't apparent then you need to look at the concepts more closely.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #556 on: October 22, 2010, 07:00:14 AM
So by this logic we cannot have a black character in Legends without memory of Africa?

Color of the skin?  Really?

I didn't say we cant have a darker (even black) character.  Maybe if they were in "African tribes" that would be a COMPLETELY different story.

Her type of clothing has been completely abandoned for thousands of years.  its like someone now-a-days wearing an Aztec or Egyptian outfit everywhere.

Plus the 'Carbons' seem like they barely even know about the past of Earth (Terra?).  So, to know any culture before their time is absurd.  They can barely make a Rocket to go to space, and live on patches of land around the vast oceans.

Even Von Bluecher said on Legends 2 that some people (used to) think that "The Gods lived in the Ruins were the Key's are located".

That can also show that the Carbons were merely a 'reset' stage of humanity after a calamity of some kind, nearly post-apocalyptic.

And me saying "the Knowledge of Native Americans" isn't just the 'physical race', its the culture.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #557 on: October 22, 2010, 07:23:59 AM
Are the polls over? Cause I think Komaki's design won.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #558 on: October 22, 2010, 08:33:50 AM
Color of the skin?  Really?

I didn't say we cant have a darker (even black) character.  Maybe if they were in "African tribes" that would be a COMPLETELY different story.

Her type of clothing has been completely abandoned for thousands of years.  its like someone now-a-days wearing an Aztec or Egyptian outfit everywhere.

Plus the 'Carbons' seem like they barely even know about the past of Earth (Terra?).  So, to know any culture before their time is absurd.  They can barely make a Rocket to go to space, and live on patches of land around the vast oceans.

Even Von Bluecher said on Legends 2 that some people (used to) think that "The Gods lived in the Ruins were the Key's are located".

That can also show that the Carbons were merely a 'reset' stage of humanity after a calamity of some kind, nearly post-apocalyptic.

And me saying "the Knowledge of Native Americans" isn't just the 'physical race', its the culture.
The designers never mentioned anything about native americans, people just assumed that. The girl is just wearing regular clothes and a feather just because it looks cool, nothing more.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #559 on: October 22, 2010, 02:57:45 PM
Color of the skin?  Really?

I didn't say we cant have a darker (even black) character.  Maybe if they were in "African tribes" that would be a COMPLETELY different story.

Her type of clothing has been completely abandoned for thousands of years.  its like someone now-a-days wearing an Aztec or Egyptian outfit everywhere.

Plus the 'Carbons' seem like they barely even know about the past of Earth (Terra?).  So, to know any culture before their time is absurd.  They can barely make a Rocket to go to space, and live on patches of land around the vast oceans.

Your thinking WAY too into this.

Too bad. Komaki's was so generic... >__>

Well, if we're lucky, maybe the 2nd and maybe 3rd place designs will be used somewhere or for something. It would be such a waste to just toss them...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #560 on: October 22, 2010, 06:15:12 PM
Well, if we're lucky, maybe the 2nd and maybe 3rd place designs will be used somewhere or for something. It would be such a waste to just toss them...
It's a common thing in the world of game design to toss away designs (or store them away somewhere for future use). I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use the others whatsoever.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #561 on: October 22, 2010, 06:25:14 PM
Flame pretty much took the words out of my mouth on both points.  Most definitely I hope the runners-up will see some use, 'cuz there were a lot of good ones.

NEO, I want to elaborate on two things.  First, you were the one who brought up race/skin color, not me.  You did so here:
The Native American girl (who isn't tan?)
You claimed an oddity with her clothes not matching her skin color.

And it's a bit of a tangent, but I maintain that is a poor claim to make in the first place, due to the fact that the clothing style could easily be seen as "old west" rather than "native".

Furthermore, both styles are usually associated with darker tan/leathery colors; you don't see a lot of bright white and blue in either context.  If Sensei's girl walked around in 1885 looking like that, she'd be liable to get shot...or hanged...

Moving on, second point:
Plus the 'Carbons' seem like they barely even know about the past of Earth (Terra?).  So, to know any culture before their time is absurd.

Severe contradiction between that statement and the canon of the series.  The Carbons were artificially created; their language and culture were provided for them (we may assume this is why they speak the same language as the ancients; although their written language is different according to L1).  Their cultural background is whatever their creator(s) decided it was; any progression prior to that point in history is completely irrelevant.

In Legends, there may be less land, but the world's still just as large.  There ought to be room for all manners of people.  For God's sake, if nobody's raising an eyebrow at the mechanical baby functioning as a freaking steam engine, there should be no problem whatsoever with a girl wearing blue laces and a feather.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #562 on: October 22, 2010, 06:39:57 PM
I already knew that, that is why I stated the Carbons as such and not 'Humans'.

What I said wasn't wrong either, they have no memory past their time. 

Thus, you stating that was of no importance but to use that Darn OBJECTION ON ME AGAIN!

GAH!

>8|

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #563 on: October 22, 2010, 06:43:38 PM
You take things way too seriously if you get offended when someone objections you.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #564 on: October 22, 2010, 06:44:50 PM
I was just joking around this time.....  (notice how I didn't cuss...) -_-

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #565 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:09 PM
You take things way too seriously if you get offended when someone objections you.

Nearly everyone around here does. We just can't help it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #566 on: October 22, 2010, 06:52:31 PM
I already knew that, that is why I stated the Carbons as such and not 'Humans'.

What I said wasn't wrong either, they have no memory past their time.
Re-read the final sentence of the first paragraph following my OBJECTION!, and you will hopefully realize that I never claimed you ignorant of that fact; I claimed that you failed to follow that fact to its logical conclusion.

I'll try and reiterate as plainly and quickly as possible:  You are incorrect in assuming that the use of any given clothing style requires the knowledge of where that style came from.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #567 on: October 22, 2010, 06:56:36 PM
I can't really tell..noone really objected me :D

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #568 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:08 PM
that is why I stated the Carbons as such and not 'Humans'.

Not Humans, not Carbons, not Betas. They're "Decoys", and I can't stress that enough.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #569 on: October 22, 2010, 09:27:52 PM
whats the difference between "Carbon and "Decoy"? if we are using localized terms?

Shouldnt this just be another "Irregular/Maverick" thing?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #570 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:39 PM
A Decoy is a decoy, a Carbon is not a decoy. The meaning of the term is lost entirely.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #571 on: October 22, 2010, 10:28:31 PM
[objection!]
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #572 on: October 22, 2010, 10:38:25 PM
A Decoy is a decoy, a Carbon is not a decoy. The meaning of the term is lost entirely.
I submit that Rockman does not generally use musical attacks.

There is no certainty that the term Decoy is meant to be taken that literally.  "Meaning" is a difficult position to argue when the purpose of these people is unclear and open to much speculation.

Blackhook, I was hoping to come up with a question as I objected.  I failed to do so.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #573 on: October 22, 2010, 10:40:08 PM

It's not really over until Inufaune sings~

America and Japan's picks have been said and done, the final verdict would be the staff themselves. It's all up to them now.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #574 on: October 22, 2010, 10:46:59 PM
There is no certainty that the term Decoy is meant to be taken that literally.

<Leilei> Decoy?  Is that some kind of jargon?
<Regina> If the meaning is literal, a Decoy is a "decoy".
<Fongling> This planet... decoys on the Earth?  I don't understand.
<Rock> The Decoys... are the humans.

Blackhook, I was hoping to come up with a question as I objected.  I failed to do so.

With that reference, you are supposed to slam your desk, not object.