The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 732113

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4650 on: February 03, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
Tried playing Neptunia: Rebirth1 from steam.

Heard dub voices, didnt like it. Change to jp voice, didn't like it either (WTF WHY ARE THEIR VOICES SO HORRIBLY SQUIKY???)

Tried playing it anyway, game crashed after a few battles.

[tornado fang] it. (might try again later)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4651 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:56 AM
Tried playing it anyway, game crashed after a few battles.

Same here.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4652 on: February 05, 2015, 03:21:30 AM
Just wrapped up Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright.  It's pretty obvious that Level 5 had the lion's share of the game, but it was still a blast.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4653 on: February 05, 2015, 05:04:22 AM
Just wrapped up Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright.  It's pretty obvious that Level 5 had the lion's share of the game, but it was still a blast.

.... Dammit.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4654 on: February 05, 2015, 12:03:33 PM
So uh, OoT 3D Master Quest.

Gotta shoot cows because they are switches.

What?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4655 on: February 16, 2015, 06:25:05 PM
I decided to try Shovel Knight. 2nd level I chose has that stupid [tornado fang]ing silhouette gimmick where almost everything is pitch black till lightning blindingly flashes for half a second. Not really giving me the most enticing of first impressions here honestly.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4656 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:53 PM
All you have to do is memorize where the platforms are during the flashes of light. Those segments are super short and they only happen maybe three or four times in the level.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4657 on: February 16, 2015, 11:01:59 PM
Yea I got past the early one but that gimmick can still [tornado fang] off in any and all games.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4658 on: February 22, 2015, 01:38:57 PM
Finally Finally FINALLY Beat Twilight Princess, all Heart Containers, all Poes, every Gold Bug accounted for, all Bomb Bags, both Quiver upgrades, the only things I didn't finish were anything with fishing (because its not that fun and Wii forced Motion controls for the lure fishing makes it worse) or Rollgoal (Again, motion controls are not great for precision).

Good game, but holy [parasitic bomb] was it long, I'm sure it took me like 60 hours of actual gameplay (and 200 of "I left the game running on the Home menu because I didn't want to deal with the game telling me what a Blue Rupee is worth or any of that nonsense again".)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4659 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:54 AM
(and 200 of "I left the game running on the Home menu because I didn't want to deal with the game telling me what a Blue Rupee is worth or any of that nonsense again".)
Be very, very afraid of Skyward Sword, is all I can say.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4660 on: February 24, 2015, 01:08:20 AM
I really have to wonder why Nintendo felt like they needed to put reminders like that.  The take a break ones I can kind of understand, but not reminding me the amount of simple rupees.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4661 on: February 24, 2015, 01:13:32 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4662 on: February 24, 2015, 01:15:40 AM
Good timing. XD

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4663 on: February 24, 2015, 01:51:21 PM
Be very, very afraid of Skyward Sword, is all I can say.

Oh I beat Skyward Sword 100% already.
Not bothering with Hero Mode though.

That just leaves Wind Waker to beat and I'll have finished all the 3D Zeldas until the new one comes out.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4664 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:50 AM
I went through WW HD recently. The triforce shard hunt still sucks, just a tiny bit less.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4665 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:57 AM
Did another run of Ground Zeroes because it's the most addictive MGS game I've ever played.

Still doing Bravely Default. MM3D and Omega Ruby are on hold and as of yet still unfinished. Hahaha backlog.

(Still haven't finished Peace Walker, FF13, or Dragon Age Origins either. Haha college.)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4666 on: March 06, 2015, 02:33:06 PM
Finished Episode One in Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

I'm enjoying it. I have no illusions about the linearity or the horror, I know this is after all a modern RE. But like the original Rev, at least you're running around, finding keys, exploring and backtracking. And the atmosphere is nice so far. I'm surprised at how long it took the game to make you fight stuff.

I'm playing on the hardest setting available. Zombies are fast and kinda tough. The starting handgun is especially unreliable, I found... enemies barely stagger when you shoot them with it, and unlike the Ooze in Rev 1, I didn't find an obvious weak spot that I can abuse (I know about headshot stuns, but they move and sway a lot, it's hard to aim).

There seems to be a decent amount of strategy in the partner system, and I like how you can switch between the two characters at any time. The Barry/Natalia gameplay is really fun. I thought Barry was supposed to be the firepower half of Rev 2, but at least this segment was just as, if not even more quiet than Claire's. Also, Natalia is sooo useful. I noticed that I control her way more often than Barry.

One nice thing about Rev 2, especially in comparison with RE5 and 6, is that the game doesn't cut to a tiny scene every two seconds. Like how in those games they think you're not smart enough to find a door, so they interrupt gameplay to show you the door. Almost none of that here, you are very rarely not in control of the character.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4667 on: March 07, 2015, 11:11:36 AM
Dragonball Xenoverse has stolen my soul.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4668 on: March 08, 2015, 01:42:39 AM
nooo

give it back Xenoverse

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4669 on: March 08, 2015, 02:32:53 AM
For all it's flaws Xenoverse is pretty addictive. I want my soul back too!  8D

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4670 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:27 PM
Finished the first The Evil Within DLC, called The Assignment, in approx. 5 hours (4:5X IIRC).

Overall, it was good. For $10, it could have delivered a lot more gameplay-wise, but it was definitely an enjoyable ride. The stealth is easy and satisfying, but it feels barebones compared to the main game. Sebastian has more options than Kidman even when he's unarmed. There is some decent variety in the design at least, mainly each section having its own gimmick. Nothing felt too long or repetitive. And one of the boss encounters is great.

There's also a fair amount of really simple puzzles. Most of them are optional and the prizes are usually collectables. I got all the letter pieces and missed one or two items in every other category. No idea where all that stuff could be hiding.

Chapter 1 was okay, Chapter 2 was much better. Both had the kind of atmosphere that makes the best levels of The Evil Within, and IMO both had a couple of genuinely creepy moments. I'm hyped for the second DLC. Just hope there's more to the gameplay next time.

No texture pop-in or lag in the DLC. Apparently they do know how to present a videogame, as long as it's a really small one... >_>

Incidentally, the unlockable Kurayami difficulty is literally a pitch black mode where Kidman's flashlight is the only source of light available. Seems dumb and cruel and I'll probably do it at some point.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4671 on: March 18, 2015, 01:15:49 AM
Finally getting around to Dying Light. This game started annoyingly slow but now that I have free run of the city it's [tornado fang]ing fun! The parkour's actually really smooth! (Smoother than Mirror's Edge even.)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4672 on: March 18, 2015, 06:18:23 PM
RE Revelations Episode 3 was quite fun. I still need to do Barry's part but I read that it's pretty short.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this game. It's clearly smaller than the main RE entries, but at least it doesn't try to pretend it isn't. Also, it's very moody for a modern RE game. You cross room after room with no enemies to fight, only sounds and ambience. There are some big action-y fights here and there, though.

And the support characters are possibly more fun to control than the main characters. Moira is so OP with her flashlight + crowbar, it's hilarious.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #4673 on: March 18, 2015, 09:30:03 PM
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is determined to devour my life.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4674 on: March 19, 2015, 04:10:45 AM
RE Revelations Episode 3 was quite fun. I still need to do Barry's part but I read that it's pretty short.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this game. It's clearly smaller than the main RE entries, but at least it doesn't try to pretend it isn't. Also, it's very moody for a modern RE game. You cross room after room with no enemies to fight, only sounds and ambience. There are some big action-y fights here and there, though.

And the support characters are possibly more fun to control than the main characters. Moira is so OP with her flashlight + crowbar, it's hilarious.

Have you tried the co-op yet? Is it good?

There seems to be quite a shortage of local co-op PS3 games.