The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 418691

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Thus, it can raise it's Special Defense to it's max, give it all to you with Guard Swap...and then start beating on you with a Physical move. It'll do this multiple times to multiple Pokemon, depending on whether or not you suck. Truly, a worthy opponent.

edit: oh, and I just found out it doesn't learn Psychic until a level later. This all seems...planned? On the plus side, I caught him. Hooray.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Thus, it can raise it's Special Defense to it's max, give it all to you with Guard Swap...and then start beating on you with a Physical move. It'll do this multiple times to multiple Pokemon, depending on whether or not you suck. Truly, a worthy opponent.
I guess at least it doesn't have a recovery move to annoy you with.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Well...they sure made him benevolent.

I still say Mewtwo needs Rocket Armor.  I mean, Latios/Latias have their broken item, so why not something to restore Mewtwo's special defense to its former greatness?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
They could just give him Calm Mind and Psychic, but I somehow doubt GameFreak wanted you to consider using your 1 Master Ball on so many PokeMon (Lousy friggin' roamers).

Not like I'm complaining. It's going to just rot in my box until somebody offers me a TM for it anyway. Same with every Uber/legendary I own, except for myself, who cannot sit in a box.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Well... You have a large Fighting weakness, Legendary. Both battles were fun!  :W

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It's not so much a Fighting weakness as I lack things to stuff Close Combats with.

Which was just poor planning on my part. Good games to you. Let's do it again sometime. I have a replacement in mind.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Ever since I beat Akamaru I spend less time with my DS. XD

And Taiyo, is it possible to do the trade around the same time as last time?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Sure no problem.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Ever since I beat Akamaru I spend less time with my DS. XD

What am I? Defeat the ultimate boss and you're done?  ~w~

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Alrighty then.

EDIT: AM ONLINE!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile

Please enter your initials!

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
I got Soul Silver since Silver was the game I had back then, but I haven't played much of it.

I guess I'm just not into Pokemon as much as I used to be.

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Your not the ultimate boss but made me think about what kind of pokemon I should use..

Signature:

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Okay due to the fact that I had too many fire weaknesses on my previous team, (Roserade, Mammoswine, and Lucario), I decided to change it slightly. 

Now it'll be Feraligatr, Blaziken, Mammoswine, Salamance, Metagross, and Gardevoir.

Now I need some advice on the Gardevior since I'm training a Modest one with Special Attack and Special Defense in mind with Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Light Screen.

Also I want to ask what kind item I should give my Metagross when I'm not fighting Will since I'm going to give it a Chilan berry just so it could survive Explosion after I use Light Screen to make it hurt a hell of a lot less.  I think this might be a good strategy.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Now that I've beat FireRed I can finally get into HeartGold, yay! Now to build towards my Quilava, Luxray, Aerodactyl team. I got nothing for the other 3. oops.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
By the way, who wants to battle against the team that my little bro made? Want to take it on a test drive. XD

If so, I'll be online tomorrow around 7pm to 8pm, CA time, so yea. 

Signature:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Does anyone have an Espeon with Morning Sun that I could borrow so that I can breed some Growlithe babies with Morning Sun? Also, god damn it, how many do I need to breed to get a [tornado fang]ing Adamant nature >__< *sigh* Good thing at least all of them have perfect Speed (yay for Ditto with perfect HP and Speed).

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
I learned today that Kyogre can [twin slasher] the pitiful little team I put together.

Of course, that's what I get for not using legendaries and them using two.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Kyogre rapes damn near everything.  Whether you're using Legends or not, you need to approach him very, VERY carefully.  Honestly, it's not as if my team couldn't use him, but I decided that would make me feel TOO cheap.

I guess that makes me the Culex to your Smithy?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Hmm I think I may have come up with a decent strategy to take on Will's Speed.  Ground, Fighting, Trick Room, Ice Shard and one Chilan Berry but I still have no idea what item I should give Gardevoir and Mammoswine.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Kyogre rapes damn near everything.  Whether you're using Legends or not, you need to approach him very, VERY carefully.  Honestly, it's not as if my team couldn't use him, but I decided that would make me feel TOO cheap.
I was thinking of using Rayquaza because of his Air Lock ability, but not too sure if he'll have any moves that can get me out there before her.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
A Zapdos with high speed and Thunder will [twin slasher] a Kyogre by using its own special effect against it. Make it pack a Life Orb or Magnet for added effect.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1872 on: June 01, 2010, 06:14:34 AM
Is there any way at all I can check IVs by myself without needing 49 rare candies or wasting a stupidly long amount of time with the day care?
EDIT: NVM, but it involved resetting my Pearl's FC >_>

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1873 on: June 02, 2010, 02:25:02 AM
I was thinking of using Rayquaza because of his Air Lock ability, but not too sure if he'll have any moves that can get me out there before her.
Every bulky water and their dog carries Ice Beam, so I wouldn't call Rayquaza at all reliable in that situation.

STM's on the right track.  Not necessary to use Zapdos (in fact due to the Ice weakness I'd think twice), but in the more general sense, a powerful STAB weakness will put a few dents in him.  The problem is Kyogre is so bulky, especially on the Special side, that the odds of OHKOing it are slim to none, especially if matched against somebody who's given up on Kyogre's Speed (and if they haven't, you're probably looking at a Choice Scarf).  

As an alternative to Thunder, you might consider Grass Knot.  It will score Base 120 damage against both Kyogre and Groudon, regardless of whether or not you've tried to thwart their weather control.

Your other odd chance would be to hit Kyogre with a strong and fast physical attacker, since the thing is pretty much a Special wall that lacks recovery.  Hitting the defense that's Base 50 lower (and less likely to be boosted; special attackers need beware of Calm Mind) would certainly be favorable, if you can.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #1874 on: June 02, 2010, 04:17:01 AM
Love it when you talk dirty to me. More serious note, you are probably right...