The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730905

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4375 on: June 02, 2014, 02:27:43 AM
I want to play NG+ for The Last of Us, but it has a stupid thing where you can't start a file on a higher difficulty than your original playthrough. In other words, I can't play the game on Survivor difficulty in NG+ (I beat the game first on Normal difficulty).

I guess I have to beat the game again on Survivor, and only THEN can I play NG+ on Survivor.

That... is really dumb. I hope I'm just overlooking something here.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4376 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:49 PM
That is just how Soul games are though, any advantages often come with an equal disadvantage. Co-Op is a huge advantage but you run the risk of being invaded as a result; honestly from my NG+ experiences Iron Keep is waaaaay worse than harvest valley for invasions.

Harvest Valley is pretty easy even on NG+ and onward, the area is pretty short and strait forward and the Covetous Demon has a pretty simple attack pattern with some clear tells (if you shot out the pots hanging from the ceiling the hollows that drop will keep it busy for a few moments), the battle is even easier with magic. Banefull queen is also pretty easy; once you drain the poison she's really easy to dodge, you could summon the NPC phantom (the jester) and let him solo the boss (not sure if burning human effigies effects NPC summons).

That being said Smelter Demon isn't getting any easier; might want to summon human help for that boss fight; serious that boss can go die.  :'(

More annoying isn't just invasions, but the fact that you can be invaded regardless of being Hollow or Human. in DS1 you could only be invaded while Human. There was a reason for the way DS1 did it. You could avoid invasions by being Hollow, but miss out on Co op. in DS2 you can stay hollow and miss out on co op, AND still get invaded.

on the bright side i guess, there are only cracked eye orbs, and no regular full ones. So if you manage to hide, you can just hide till the timer runs out.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4377 on: June 04, 2014, 10:14:20 PM
Metroid Prime. The control scheme is horrid.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4378 on: June 04, 2014, 11:15:45 PM
Mario Kart 8.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4379 on: June 04, 2014, 11:39:36 PM
More annoying isn't just invasions, but the fact that you can be invaded regardless of being Hollow or Human. in DS1 you could only be invaded while Human. There was a reason for the way DS1 did it. You could avoid invasions by being Hollow, but miss out on Co op. in DS2 you can stay hollow and miss out on co op, AND still get invaded.

on the bright side i guess, there are only cracked eye orbs, and no regular full ones. So if you manage to hide, you can just hide till the timer runs out.
I just wish invaders weren't little bitches. It wouldn't be so bad if the invaders didn't hide behind enemies all the time (or behind other invaders, when it comes to the belltower areas). Almost every time though, instead of running towards me, they run away. Cowards, the whole lot of them.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4380 on: June 05, 2014, 03:36:55 AM
Yeah invaders are annoying but I always see it as a chance to improve my skills, learn from my mistakes and come up with new ways to deal with them ect..I agree though the being invaded while in hollow form is annoying; odd that you can't summon while hollow still.

That being said the Chameleon spell is great to troll invaders.  XD

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4381 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:33 AM
Sunlight Spear to the back usually works like a charm 8D

The ones who don't run away tend to be pretty cool though. I've had one guy in particular who actually let me clear out the monsters around him while he waited so we could have a proper duel. Only that one though, everyone else tried nonsense.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4382 on: June 05, 2014, 09:31:01 PM
I used to invade others turn into a barrel with Chameleon then danced around, if they tried to kill me I would one shot them (most of the time) with crystal soul spear but if they played along I would drop a "Very Good" carving then black stone out.

WELCOME TO BARREL SOULS  8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4383 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:41 PM
Yeah invaders are annoying but I always see it as a chance to improve my skills, learn from my mistakes and come up with new ways to deal with them ect..
Thing is, there's literally no way to deal with a piece of [parasitic bomb] fast rolling in full havel's and using resonant weapon avelyn's or syan's spear on you, while monastary scimitar is in their off hand, giving them instant parry.  the majority of invaders i get are all shitters who abuse the op [parasitic bomb] in the game, so I just hide.

That being said the Chameleon spell is great to troll invaders.  XD
I hid from a guy in No Man's wharf some time ago. he couldnt find me and eventually i started hearing "very good" carvings from him lol

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4384 on: June 07, 2014, 10:04:41 PM
You know, if I'm not playing with anybody else. why does it matter what I write in the stupid blanks, nintendo? Who are you to say I can't use inappropriate language in a Single-Player aspect of a game?

Oh, playing Tomodachi Life. After getting a certain amount of islanders you can play a game where you ask a bunch of them questions, its fill in the blank but the game will voice it out.
Apparently "Self Pleasure" is totally alright, but "Dirty Magazines" is not? I'm sorry, my Mii's are all around 20 years old. I'm playing the game offline, who is going to be offended? The voice program? The Mii's? Maybe its because the game has a camera function always on and if that's really the reason behind the "Somebody please think of the children!" garbage then that's incredibly stupid.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4385 on: June 07, 2014, 10:13:55 PM
Well, in Animal Crossing you can write any inappropriate word you want; even online, they still don't restrict you.

Hell, I changed one of my villager's catchphrase to "[tornado fang]", out of boredom.

So, I don't know why they did that with Tomodachi Life.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4386 on: June 07, 2014, 11:22:28 PM
Probably because of the voicing? Also maybe because you can send Miis around and they don't want them being shared with bad language (Though if they have something inappropriate in their profile they'll block them from being shared anyway.)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4387 on: June 08, 2014, 05:49:54 AM
Got all stamps and parts in Mario Kart 8 other than the Gold Glider.  That one's gonna take some time...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4388 on: June 12, 2014, 12:14:52 AM
Finished Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

To keep things short: Overrated trash with crippling design flaws that bog down the good aspects.

So, basically like every other Ubisoft Montreal game I've played. I don't know why I expected any better.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4389 on: June 12, 2014, 01:11:27 AM
Finished Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

To keep things short: Overrated trash with crippling design flaws that bog down the good aspects.

So, basically like every other Ubisoft Montreal game I've played. I don't know why I expected any better.
That's a magically good question.

I personally liked the traversal puzzles back in the day, but everything else was pretty meh (particularly the combat). Not sure how much this would hold up for me nowadays.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4390 on: June 12, 2014, 05:07:31 AM
That's exactly how I felt, though in regards to combat it wasn't so much "meh" and more like "I'm only finishing this pile of [parasitic bomb] because vaulting is broken".

At least the AssCreed games gave some proper [tornado fang]ing invincibility frames for more than just the finishers. And as cheap and easy as it was, using the Chain Kill function in Brotherhood and pulling off a quick counter in between was actually fun. This game though, [tornado fang]ing monotonous.

Still likely to continue on through the rest of the games when I have time and data usage available. I'm an idiot and want my $15 worth I paid for the whole series.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4391 on: June 12, 2014, 08:40:20 AM
I'm clearing up my backlog. Wrapping up Transistor now then I might move onto Fallout New Vegas, Far Cry 2, or Bioshock/Infinite (Both of which I'm close to finishing.)

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4392 on: June 14, 2014, 04:07:45 AM
Finally got around to finding the last 20 Maiamai in Link Between Worlds. I've been putting that off for way too long...

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4393 on: June 14, 2014, 05:22:53 AM
Finally got around to finding the last 20 Maiamai in Link Between Worlds. I've been putting that off for way too long...

I have like 9 left and I'm still putting it off.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4394 on: June 14, 2014, 05:45:07 AM
I think I have 2 or 3 left. I don't feel like bothering with them though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4395 on: June 15, 2014, 06:10:25 AM
Playing Minish Cap again on a new file, this time I managed to get rid of the ghost making the old man sick so later I can get the Light Arrows.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4396 on: June 15, 2014, 06:13:20 AM
You didn't know that you had to use the Gust Jar either? That stumped me for ages so I had to look it up.

Anyway, THOUGHT I beat the True Arena on Kirby Triple Deluxe.

And then the final boss went into a different form and spattered a bunch of goo everywhere and, being that I only had a sliver of health, died.

[tornado fang] you game. And not just because of that last minute misdirection, I would've literally had an easier time if they had put Soul of Sectionia BEFORE Dark Meta Knight's "Chase your Ability Star while I guard against all of your attacks!" game. DMK is much harder than Soul. In fact, It would've been better if the game didn't have such a hard-on for WOO 3D ATTACKS where I can't beat up the boss because they're [tornado fang]ing around in the goddamn background. I don't think Return to Dreamland had that happen nearly as often, and I can't think of very many other Kirby games that do it. Still, hate it. And I hate it more when the stupid Minibosses are doing it too. It wastes the time I could be using killing them in three or four hammer flips.

One last thing, since this is an Energy Bar Kirby Game and not a Health Point Kirby Game, why does it seem like I lose my Ability star for EVERY SINGLE [tornado fang]ing POINT OF DAMAGE, seriously that's not fun. Kirby's supposed to be fun, not frustrating. Maybe I just want to wreck things with my almighty hammer and not have to chase the damn thing down because a ball fell out of Kracko while I was charging Hammer Flip.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4397 on: June 15, 2014, 06:15:11 AM
It's not that, the ghost is kind of hard to suck in, I even had trouble getting him in when I finally did it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4398 on: June 15, 2014, 06:19:33 AM
Do tabletop RPGs count?  Ringman and I began an Edge of the Empire campaign, using the beta release of the core rulebook that I got for free from CVI.  He's a duty-bound Trandoshan bodyguard named Dooshk, and I'm an obsessive Gand slicer named Funger.  We're both motivated by a former nemesis.  We took a smuggling job for a Hutt and things went south pretty quick, and as we're just starting out... we're not very good at what we do.  In fact, we're barely competent half the time.  Though, that's mostly due to our horrible luck with dice.

Dice hate us.  Nothing but failures for us.  And as this is a dice pool system that use various types of dice to cancel out other dice, the rare event that we manage to get a Natural 20, the other negative dice cancel  it out, so we fail spectacularly.

After having one of his dice fail over and over again, Ringman picked it up, told it he hated it, and threw it into his pile and got out a different die.

The system uses weird symbol dice, and rather than keep referring to the conversion table, we sacrificed a few dice to put the appropriate symbol stickers on.  I did a lousy job with two of them and now we have two shitty spin-down dice.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4399 on: June 19, 2014, 12:10:13 AM
Still clearing out my backlog. I'm now getting back on Devil Survivor Overclocked.

I also started Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and I'm struggling to finish Bioshock and Infinite. The former is tough because this game is getting REALLY hard near the end. The latter because the final sections of the game are so boring.