The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730902

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3300 on: December 27, 2012, 01:25:03 AM
Quadraxis is fun! :D Except maybe when you skip Dark Suit... grumble.

I beat Revelations and it's pretty awesome. Tried Raid Mode, which is nice, but seems to take a while to reach the high levels.

Right now I'm just messing with SFxMM, will check out the secret boss and other hidden stuff.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3301 on: December 27, 2012, 01:58:13 AM
Why would you skip the dark suit? I know it's pretty damn ugly, but otherwise, walking round dark aether you may as well just we walking through phazon pits.

Also, he's annoying. it's a 3 phase boss fight, and the last phase is the worst [tornado fang]ing thing. You have to boost onto his head. but it's so goddammned annoying to pull off when his shots knock you OFF the body's spider rails.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3302 on: December 27, 2012, 02:42:30 AM
Right now I'm just messing with SFxMM, will check out the secret boss and other hidden stuff.

You dont want to fight the secret boss.

He's a unbeatable douche in Street Fighter and he's a douche here.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3303 on: December 27, 2012, 03:09:47 AM
Flame, people sometimes skip the Dark Suit just for the challenge. It's fun to skip items in Metroid games. Quadraxis is ridiculous with that uber Dark Aether atmosphere, haha. You die in like 50 seconds unless you're fast enough to shoot his legs and get health back. Good times.

So I finished Street Fighter X Mega Man plus the secret boss at the end.

Karasai, yes, he was sooo tough. I barely managed to beat him, thanks to Optic Laser passing through his projectiles. I'm glad you don't have to fight Bison again if you game over there.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3304 on: December 27, 2012, 03:45:40 AM
I beat Quadraxis on my first try.

He wasn't that hard.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3305 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:06 AM
It was the dark aethersphere that killed me, on the last form. Pissed the hell outta me, after a lengthy playsession, and I had to ragequit for a while till I felt up to it again. I mean, It's not like i had to go any real long ways to get to him, it's just yknow... I didnt feel like dying. Then I tried him again and had to restart because I remembered i forgot to scan the second form, and the third try i had no issue. (I was also kinda doing it wrong the first try)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3306 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:30 PM
I'm messing around in MK9. Kenshi is sooo much fun, man. I can't do insane combos with him yet, but those telekinesis moves go so well together.

Love this game. :)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3307 on: December 27, 2012, 08:25:55 PM
Apollo Justice just arrived, so I'll be playing that.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3308 on: December 28, 2012, 03:48:24 AM
Started a Mega Man ZX run after 3 or so years since my last playthrough... which was on Hard, so I'm having an easier time.

First things first, this game is awesome. But maaan, the map system is so terrible and confusing. Finding the door that leads to the next mission is sometimes more of a pain than doing the actual mission.

I'm trying to beat all Pseudoroids with a Lv. 4 win. So far so good, two down (P and H). Having a Sub-Tank and an E-Tank from the Guardian chick helps a lot.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3309 on: December 28, 2012, 04:31:20 AM
Finally got around to Ben There, Dan That! Really funny adventure game with a goofy art style and goofier dialogue. I'm loving it. I'll probably burn through it by this weekend and be onto the sequel, Time Gentlemen, Please!

Aside from that, I've discovered the Scarecrow's Song in Ocarina of Time 3DS. I never knew that was a thing. This time around I'm going all-out with the side-quests: selling masks to people, getting all the Golden Skulltula tokens, and generally just finding everything. It's great fun.

Now, if only I could just get that onto the big telly ...

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3310 on: December 28, 2012, 06:05:09 PM
Freaking side quests in Mega Man ZX... when you don't have to backtrack for ages, the reward is just some cash. No idea how people figured out some of those.

4 bosses are Lv. 4'd now, the first four of each Biometal. Fistleo was sooo hard. Not hitting his head was difficult enough, and then he heals himself! Grrr. Thankfully I had the W-Tank for extra lightning.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3311 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:50 PM
The best sidequest in Mega Man ZX is the love letter quest.

It's the best because it shows exactly why I hate sidequests in action games: blatant backtracking.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3312 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:09 PM
True. Most side missions in this game are pointless fetch quests. Meh. :\ Incidentally, now I love the Library Card in SotN even more.

Only one boss left to get a Lv.4 win (the second water boss). Flammole was tricky, but no big deal when I finally found an opening.

Posted on: December 28, 2012, 06:43:52 PM
Almost all major side quests are done, I'm only missing the nurses. And I need Hyper Charge to complete the chip collection (the last one had to be the most useful...).

I think this is the first time I'm collecting everything in this game.

Posted on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:12 PM
100%'d ZX and moved on to Advent.

Man, this game is so good, I didn't remember a lot of it. Better map system, no pointless backtracking, cool new powers.

I love how they made certain things different from Zero/ZX, but not quite. Like, this game has a bigger focus on ranged attacks, but they still made bosses' insides all visible and exploded if you finish them off with a charged attack (like how in Zero/ZX you can finish bosses with a slash to cut them in half and see their inside circuits and stuff).

The playable characters have different attacks too, unlike ZX. Grey's homing shots are amazing.

The boss transformations get a lot of bashing, but I don't agree with that at all. You can't quite use any of the bosses as your main character, but they have practical uses, like Chronoforce and the bee. Besides, you get the original Models too, so I don't know why people complain so much about this.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3313 on: December 30, 2012, 10:17:12 PM
Only one boss left to get a Lv.4 win (the second water boss).
THAT was your last Lv.4?!  All you had to do is screw-halberd his face into oblivion.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3314 on: December 30, 2012, 10:25:28 PM
Well, I only said he was my last boss, not that I have trouble beating him. True, he was pretty easy to Lv.4. I just didn't remember the stages and such.

I didn't even remember that boss, haha. The only reason I knew he was a water/ice boss was because each Biometal had two.

Close to beating Advent... dunno if I'll go for all the medals again, some of them were pretty nasty IIRC. But it would be fun to have a 100% file here too (my first file is complete, but without the unlockable Model a... bleh!).

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3315 on: December 31, 2012, 12:50:01 PM
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but I've been playing a lot of Conker's Bad Fur Day and I am still loving this game.

"Balls of brass, sir. Polished to the Nth degree."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3316 on: January 01, 2013, 03:12:47 AM
Dark Cloud 2, known in other regions as Dark Chronicle. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3317 on: January 01, 2013, 09:00:26 PM
I'm still playing ZX Advent. Missed an item on my latest run (cheap! How should I know that you have to pick the right plant for the fruit?) and started over, close to the end now.

I love this game. Chronoforce makes boss battles a piece of cake, and I'm getting medals and stuff that I had to backtrack for last time. Getting Wind Boots and Queenbee for Floating Ruins makes the place a breeze, pun intended (and you can sequence break the Sub-Tank quest with the bee! Very handy for Expert difficulty).

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3318 on: January 02, 2013, 03:00:28 PM
Just got finished putting everyone on the Mega Man Christmas Carol Remix leaderboards to shame.  Except for that one guy...  >_>

Actually, had I not screwed up very badly on one of the bosses, I would be the leader right now.  But I'm willing to settle for 2nd place, since it's a very nerve-wracking experience, playing that perfectly.  DX

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3319 on: January 02, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
I 100%'d ZX Advent (all items, medals and Highway races) and jumped straight into Expert. It's much harder, but I think I'm doing okay. Just got past Legion with an E-Tank in reserve.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3320 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:07 PM
Playing Retro City Rampage, yay! :cookie:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3321 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:55 PM
Playing Retro City Rampage, yay! :cookie:
Good game, that one. Plus, with music one (in part) by virt, you know it's gotta be good.

Also some hilarious references in that one. Like the Bundy Wedding Chapel (no refunds).

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3322 on: January 03, 2013, 12:24:54 AM
Finished Expert. Final stage was... brutal... :'(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3323 on: January 03, 2013, 07:50:56 AM
While I liked certain aspects of ZXA better than ZX, I overall liked the soundtrack, areas and just the general aesthetic and colorfulness? i guess? ZX just LOOKS better IMO. And aside from those few tunes in ZXA, most of it's soundtrack was kind of forgettable. Im not even mentioning the models themselves, because well, most of them were better in ZX. (DAT HX) Also, Unlockable Model X, and Model Ox was the best bonus ever. (not to mention seeing Omega again, and what seems like a chunk of Ragnarok was fun) Model @ while cute, is a kind of shitty bonus item. (especially when compared to the one in ZX)

Im currently playing Super Metroid

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3324 on: January 03, 2013, 08:48:21 AM
Currently focusing on Dishonoured.

Cleared the campaign with Low Chaos already. Already going back to blow through levels without killing any targets this time. Also going to avoid any detection to get every "Ghost" bonus. Also also not using a single power since it just seems like a crutch for more inexperienced players.

In other words I'm playing it like Thief because it may as well be a vague spin off under a different name.

ZX > ZXA
seconded. so much.