MegaMan 72

HKLurch18 · 121304

Offline Kevvviiinnn

• Sound Compose Extraordinaire
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Kevvviiinnn's YouTube Page
Reply #275 on: July 31, 2010, 05:25:58 AM
Haven't been keeping up with your themes, Jimmy. Shame on me! I'll be sure to check 'em out, and perhaps leave some feedback.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #276 on: July 31, 2010, 05:38:40 AM
Well hi guys, I think that i should post something again, too, so here ya go:

Mirror Man Mock up (Featuring Bomb man :P )

Now please be aware that this is very far away from being finished. I still have to add some sciency looking gear here and there and flesh out the bg a little it more, as well as some tiles of the foreground.

Anyways, I felt like this mockup would give away the overall design and idea behind mirror man's stage quite nicely. As you can see, i draw some influence from flashman's stage for the BG.

Yes, this stage will feature the terrific quick lasers here and there, almost in the same fashion like in Rainbow Man's stage (then again,Rainbow man and Mirror man are kinda rivals, judging by the data card info of both robots :) )

anyways, I hope you like the basic idea so far =)

The stage design looks nice, but I'm not impressed with the RainBow Man lasers & mirror trap. Did you get permission from Phil to use this for the game?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: July 31, 2010, 06:06:24 AM
The stage design looks nice, but I'm not impressed with the RainBow Man lasers & mirror trap. Did you get permission from Phil to use this for the game?

He needs permission from Phil to use a preexisting game mechanic, that has even been used within the series in question before? Laughable.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: July 31, 2010, 06:44:10 AM
He needs permission from Phil to use a preexisting game mechanic, that has even been used within the series in question before? Laughable.

actually, N-Mario is kinda right, well is just a muck up screen, but, since Phil put A LOT of effort on designing those, i guess you should came up with something more original but still in the lines of the stage and the Robot masters, like how about, a mirror tile that "directs" a light laser in diagonal that hurts you and changes direction a la yoku blocks?

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:25 AM
Em .... I can intervene and suggest a bit silly idea?
How about the use of movable mirror blocks, which will reflect the laser, and thus, destroy them?

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: July 31, 2010, 05:35:47 PM

actually, N-Mario is kinda right, well is just a muck up screen, but, since Phil put A LOT of effort on designing those, i guess you should came up with something more original but still in the lines of the stage and the Robot masters, like how about, a mirror tile that "directs" a light laser in diagonal that hurts you and changes direction a la yoku blocks?

I bet the X6 team put a lot of effort into Shield Sheldon stage too. Maybe Phil should be asking X6's team for permission to use the idea.

Completely laughable, as if Phil somehow invented age old game concepts. Are you people some kind of mindless cult for Phil?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: July 31, 2010, 05:57:04 PM
MMU is the inspiration/template for several of the current WIP Mega Man fan projects, so...

I'm sorry to say that, as a result, it's being treated as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even though it technically brings few new things...:|

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: July 31, 2010, 06:10:07 PM
Like somebody said, I did not copy Phil's idea here in its entirety. (is this even a word? X) )

as some of you may know, MM72 exists longer than just a couple of months, and the idea of Mirror man's stage using Lasers similar to Quick man's was brought up a really long time ago.

I admit that we got that idea from Phil's rainbow man video, but so what? it's not like we just use his lasers or graphics, or that we lead them run through a prism to spread all over the place.

In addition, the lasers isn't the only thing you will see in Mirror's stage.

To the guys saying its like a "sheldon" stage from MM6, may be, I never played that game so any similarities are unintentional. -.-

There's another thing i'd like to say: This here is a  fan game created by fans for the fans and i am pretty dang sure the same can be said about MMU, so why all the fake competion-making?

I do not see MMU as a competition to MM72, in fact, I'd say the more well-crafted fan games the better!

So guys, please for the sake of peace and unity and whatever, simply accept that messing with death lasers isn't something that cannot be used by several people.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: July 31, 2010, 06:11:21 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGqE9xzGWw[/youtube]

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: July 31, 2010, 06:43:49 PM
Like somebody said, I did not copy Phil's idea here in its entirety. (is this even a word? X) )

as some of you may know, MM72 exists longer than just a couple of months, and the idea of Mirror man's stage using Lasers similar to Quick man's was brought up a really long time ago.

I admit that we got that idea from Phil's rainbow man video, but so what? it's not like we just use his lasers or graphics, or that we lead them run through a prism to spread all over the place.

In addition, the lasers isn't the only thing you will see in Mirror's stage.

To the guys saying its like a "sheldon" stage from MM6, may be, I never played that game so any similarities are unintentional. -.-

There's another thing i'd like to say: This here is a  fan game created by fans for the fans and i am pretty dang sure the same can be said about MMU, so why all the fake competion-making?

I do not see MMU as a competition to MM72, in fact, I'd say the more well-crafted fan games the better!

So guys, please for the sake of peace and unity and whatever, simply accept that messing with death lasers isn't something that cannot be used by several people.

Oh Hello, My name is DarkSaturn!
I dont know that it was unintentional, so sry. and even i dont know that you never played mx6, so sry too. but please dont do that face, is awful!

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: July 31, 2010, 07:06:54 PM
What other gimmick can you do with lasers? I really want to know...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: July 31, 2010, 07:08:30 PM
What other gimmick can you do with lasers? I really want to know...

Spectroscopy.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: July 31, 2010, 07:10:53 PM
...just out of curiosity, how can that be used in game?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: July 31, 2010, 07:29:40 PM
By the power of imagination.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: July 31, 2010, 08:15:46 PM
...I never noticed you had a sence of humour

Offline MC Jimmy

• Loser who makes MM72 music.
  • Net Navi
  • Pon de Replay?
    • View Profile
    • MC Productions
Reply #290 on: August 01, 2010, 04:01:59 AM
One of the games, I could have sworn, had lasers that went off of things. Like Lurch said, we thought up of using something like Quickman had with the idea of implementing something having to do with mirrors, thus, lasers bouncing off of of mirror thingos.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #291 on: August 01, 2010, 06:05:49 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGqE9xzGWw[/youtube]

I SO miss this game.  :'(

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: August 04, 2010, 02:53:09 PM
Okay, now that the waved here have calmed down a little bit, i think its time for me to post another, more developed preview picture of Mirrorman's very sciency looking stage. (and cause this is just a mockup, none of the tile and enemy placement here is stationary)

Usually I use 2 palettes for the bg but for his stage, I thought that 1 would be totally enough, so i got 1 to spare for the death lasers, overall :)

speaking of lasers, the reflector enemy got changed into some sort of security guard robot, directing the laser (which is part of a security system altered by mirror man) all over the place.

I tried to come up with all sorts of sciency stuff for the bg and i am still doing more, the stage is supposed to take place inside a laser research facility afterall. ( fun fact, laser beams gain their streinghth by getting reflected back and forth through a pipe filled with a special type of matter)

A lot of the bg tiles will flash in and fade to black to keep things interesting and in motion.

I hope you enjoy this so far, i think it beats the old mock-up by a longshot :D

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: August 04, 2010, 04:23:17 PM
Usually I use 2 palettes for the bg but for his stage, I thought that 1 would be totally enough, so i got 1 to spare for the death lasers, overall Grin

You shouldn't forget that when death lasers regularly appear; the background is made all black. You don't have to stick to the same four palettes throughout the stage, you can have areas with all of them, with less, and palette swap when appropriate.

Also, on a different note, with those enemies on screen the yellow tone should be the exact same as Rock's skintone. In fact, I don't see how you could have such a minuscule difference; the NES palette in general, as well R9/10's, doesn't have so many different colors.

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: August 04, 2010, 04:30:47 PM
hmm I was using the very bright yellow that i also used for the shiny tiles, but i think that using the skintone rock has for his face might work even better and make it look a bit more authentic, so thanks :)

in fact, with the enemies being blue and brightly yellow, both of them could use rock's shade of blue, too!

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: August 04, 2010, 08:03:41 PM
in fact, with the enemies being blue and brightly yellow, both of them could use rock's shade of blue, too!

There's no need for that, they need a shade that fits them, not necessarily Rock's. Remember that Rock can change his colors by special weapon use, thus his primary palette is completely separate from anything that isn't a bolt, E-tank, extra life or weapons energy.

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:18 PM
oh yeah,i totally forgot about that. ^_^

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: August 05, 2010, 03:21:26 PM
double post to show you a new mock up of mirror man's stage, this time I wanna show you some more BG tiles i made.

i hope you enjoy it :)

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: August 05, 2010, 05:41:50 PM
double post to show you a new mock up of mirror man's stage, this time I wanna show you some more BG tiles i made.

i hope you enjoy it :)
You won't have to worry about that, HKLurch18.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:42 AM
Why'd you change the shade on that mirror enemy?