What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 464901

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1425 on: March 25, 2011, 12:21:03 AM
I lusted for the 90's because if I lusted for the 80's, people would call me old. >_> I guess you youngsters  are more whippersnappers than I thought.
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I'M NO WHIPPERSNAPPER! I just live in the day and age so I can enjoy them moment when I'm actually in it =w=b

That, and I don't really like the manga art much. Just like Hellsing, it's too confusing for me to tell what the hell is going on sometimes.

Ohohoho! And this is where our tastes diverge, my friend~~
I, on the other hand, love the insane amount of blood splatter/bullet holes/debris/etc. And the Beyond the Impossible moments. And the general thrill ride.
See, this is why I'm a total Nihei fan, but that's a story for somewhere else.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1426 on: March 25, 2011, 12:28:40 AM
But he's right.
It's sometimes hard to figure out what the heck is going on in Hellsing MANGA.

I have the same problem with Excel Saga manga, but what the hell, I love it still.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1427 on: March 25, 2011, 01:19:34 AM
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I'M NO WHIPPERSNAPPER! I just live in the day and age so I can enjoy them moment when I'm actually in it =w=b

Ohohoho! And this is where our tastes diverge, my friend~~
I, on the other hand, love the insane amount of blood splatter/bullet holes/debris/etc. And the Beyond the Impossible moments. And the general thrill ride.
See, this is why I'm a total Nihei fan, but that's a story for somewhere else.
See... I read stuff like this in Hellsing:

http://img2.bleachexile.com/manga/hellsing/009/HellsingV2C3_11.jpg

And I'm used to seeing choreography like this in comics:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ew7U77z42eo/S3rn2ctM7UI/AAAAAAAAAc4/3KA_aMm8zzY/s1600-h/BR080009.jpg
So I get kinda confused reading it.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1428 on: March 25, 2011, 01:30:59 AM
Your second image embed epic failed \(^o^)/

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1429 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:43 AM
Your second image embed epic failed \(^o^)/
Replaced them with links.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1430 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:49 AM
You know, this kind of thing like in the Batman example you posted, is often seen in the Megaman NT Warrior/Rockman EXE manga.
Or at least similar.
But it was drawn by a guy who also did a KoF manga... sooo...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: March 25, 2011, 02:25:53 AM
Panel to panel transition during fight coreographies is VERY important. The best manga I've ever seen on this regard, was Battle Royale. It really had an amazing style when it came to that.

It's still my favorite manga in terms of art/panelling.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1432 on: March 25, 2011, 02:32:22 AM
>_o I don't find either of those difficult to understand...at all.

To be honest, I find relying solely on action-to-action panels in action comics to feel a bit stiff and slow. Which is why I prefer manga better. There are a lot more aspect-to-aspect panels in Asian comics which can make the scene feel a lot more frantic.
In real life you don't watch things like a fly on a wall, right? The eye travels, and manga capitalises on this to shift the audience's focus in order to imply some things rather than show it. There are moments that are crystal clear, still.
Well...I don't really get your problem \(^o^)/

Of course then there's Nihei.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1433 on: March 25, 2011, 02:39:46 AM
You know, this kind of thing like in the Batman example you posted, is often seen in the Megaman NT Warrior/Rockman EXE manga.
Or at least similar.
But it was drawn by a guy who also did a KoF manga... sooo...

He did some Pokemon-Based manga too. His name was Ryo Takamisaki, and I had no idea he did a KOF manga, I'm intrested.

...And yes, manga here in Florida is scarce, sadly enough. but not too scarce. Mostly around the lines of popular publishers and soujo, to be exact. Yeah.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1434 on: March 25, 2011, 02:43:07 AM
>_o I don't find either of those difficult to understand...at all.

To be honest, I find relying solely on action-to-action panels in action comics to feel a bit stiff and slow. Which is why I prefer manga better. There are a lot more aspect-to-aspect panels in Asian comics which can make the scene feel a lot more frantic.
In real life you don't watch things like a fly on a wall, right? The eye travels, and manga capitalises on this to shift the audience's focus in order to imply some things rather than show it. There are moments that are crystal clear, still.
Well...I don't really get your problem \(^o^)/

Of course then there's Nihei.
Comics rarely have action-to-action panels. Mostly, they have stills of battles, and sometimes, they have this kind of coreography which I'm showing you. But reading comics, you can see the whole thing animate in your head. Which is harder to do in all-over-the-place manga. See, it's easy to make comics heavily detailed and still with a crapload of frantic action, always moving.

Thing is, stories aren't supposed to be like real life. They're supposed to show you the various angles of things in the best way possible to comprehend the whole scenario around it, and everything that moves. If you have to look around and decode the pic a bit to figure out what kind of move they're doing, it's lost. It should be read as fast as the story is progressing.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1435 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:36 AM
1 still = 1 battle? Reeeeally?

'This kind of choreography' = Action-to-action.

Also, I'm not too sure about you, perhaps it's a personal thing, perhaps it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's just the difference between how people go about with life, but I never have to pause or think whilst reading either comics or manga.
And that is me.
But I prefer it when things work out more like the way it does for me irl. You know, immersion and all that?
That, and technically, a story is a metaphor for real life >_>

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1436 on: March 25, 2011, 03:28:30 AM
1 still = 1 battle? Reeeeally?
I never said that. Ever.

'This kind of choreography' = Action-to-action.
It's always action-to-action, every comic and manga is. The difference is making it clear how many of the actions are actually put in there.

Also, I'm not too sure about you, perhaps it's a personal thing, perhaps it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's just the difference between how people go about with life, but I never have to pause or think whilst reading either comics or manga.
And that is me.
But I prefer it when things work out more like the way it does for me irl. You know, immersion and all that?
That, and technically, a story is a metaphor for real life >_>
It's more likely a personal thing, but actually, thinking is a way of understanding. You cannot possibly fully understand Watchmen without stopping to think at certain points, and exploring other words and panels. Decoding certain things is also a way to figure out what's going on. But action should never be stopped. And I think that manga like Trigun and Hellsing has some problems when it comes to transition-to-transition. It's probably my own problem with the really rushed art, but some stuff doesn't really seem to connect fully into the rest at the proper speed. How some characters got from one position to another don't really make full sense.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1437 on: March 25, 2011, 03:41:24 AM
He did some Pokemon-Based manga too. His name was Ryo Takamisaki, and I had no idea he did a KOF manga, I'm intrested.
I know bro. I mean, I know what his name is... it even says so on my NT Warrior manga volumes. 8D

If my scanner wasn't an old piece of [parasitic bomb] incompatible with Win7 x64 I would post some scans as examples of how the battles are in NT Warrior manga.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1438 on: March 25, 2011, 03:52:00 AM
If it's not one still, then there are panel transitions. And that's what we're discussing, right? >_>a

Comics rarely have action-to-action panels. Mostly, they have stills of battles
Each panel is a still of something, but the space between panels is a transition. A transition can be of several classifications, the most popular in everything, being a action-to-action transition.
I'm using Scott McCloud's comic terminology for the record, as there isn't actually much else of a standard in the comic industry.

You have to think during exposition, but comic or manga, you don't think during action scenes, I believe we both understand this.
Now for me, if panel transitions in action scenes miss a small detail like a character shifting their stance or position, it really doesn't contribute much to me being confused. Frantic is frantic, we all miss little details when things move fast, I don't let it bother me.
If you leave out an important detail though, then yeah maybe one could get confused, like "where in the world did he get that BFG?" (Unless it's hammerspace played for laughs)

I don't like it when they show me everything that happens because I get bored.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1439 on: March 25, 2011, 04:02:03 AM
If it's not one still, then there are panel transitions. And that's what we're discussing, right? >_>a
Each panel is a still of something, but the space between panels is a transition. A transition can be of several classifications, the most popular in everything, being a action-to-action transition.
I'm using Scott McCloud's comic terminology for the record, as there isn't actually much else of a standard in the comic industry.

You have to think during exposition, but comic or manga, you don't think during action scenes, I believe we both understand this.
Now for me, if panel transitions in action scenes miss a small detail like a character shifting their stance or position, it really doesn't contribute much to me being confused. Frantic is frantic, we all miss little details when things move fast, I don't let it bother me.
If you leave out an important detail though, then yeah maybe one could get confused, like "where in the world did he get that BFG?" (Unless it's hammerspace played for laughs)

I don't like it when they show me everything that happens because I get bored.
EVERYTHING depends on the montage. If a panel fits directly the panel that comes after. My point is that some panels in Trigun and Hellsing do not. Things like changing a small stance don't bother me, but completely different actions that don't flow one towards the other, do. The art also makes it a bit hard to see what type of movement is being made on the single frame sometimes. That's pretty much the whole gist of it.

It's like two pieces of a puzzle that don't fit together. It doesn't "feel" right.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #1440 on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:46 AM
They work perfectly fine for me.

But arguing whether it works or not is moot, considering that at the moment, I cannot see your point without evidence.

(That, and is it really okay to be arguing about this in here? >_>a)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: March 25, 2011, 04:45:35 AM
They work perfectly fine for me.

But arguing whether it works or not is moot, considering that at the moment, I cannot see your point without evidence.

(That, and is it really okay to be arguing about this in here? >_>a)
Probably not. =P But let's just agree on different tastes of art and fluidity, since it's what it goes down to. XD

Watching that Subaru anime made by Gainax. Anyone else watched?

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #1442 on: March 26, 2011, 04:00:35 PM
Currently Watching:

Cowboy Bebop - This... Is... Some... Awesome... [parasitic bomb].

Code Geass - I decided to start this again, since I never legitimately finished it, first off, and secondly, over the past few weeks I was blasted with LOADS of nostalgia from it.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1443 on: March 26, 2011, 06:02:54 PM
I actually finished rewatching Trigun not too long ago. Barely remembered the ending. It was good.

Also finished Hyakka Ryoran. Pretty meh ending, but what do you expect from a fanservicey show like that? But even with the creative censoring, I'm surprised you can show Gisen's actions on TV.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #1444 on: March 29, 2011, 03:55:58 AM
Last weekend we had the 2nd Anime Marathon in our Polish cinema network. This time it included:
- Evangelion 1.11 (GREAT SUCCESS!)
- Porco Rosso
- Ghost in the Shell
- Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
- Blood: the Last Vampire
- Ponyo
- Laputa - Castle in the Sky
- Wonderful Days (it was the first time I saw a Korean movie, it was quite nice)
- Perfect Blue
There was also free green tea, free sushi, kendo show, go, mahjong, drawing, calligraphy, mini-lesson of Japanese, posters, and 2 contest. All of this for mere ~20$. My ass still hurts (come on, 9 movies in 2 days), but I can't for the next one!

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #1445 on: March 29, 2011, 06:15:49 PM
I'm watching Black Lagoon. It's pretty cool. I finished off the first season last night. I just started watching The Second Barrage.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1446 on: March 29, 2011, 06:35:21 PM
Watched Tokyo Godfathers and a few episodes of Full Metal Panic with some buddies. T'was fun.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:18 AM
Watching the first episode of Nichijou right now.

Well, apparently crashing with a boy on the street triggers a gigantic explosion, who knew? The opening is pretty fun and random, who doesn't love a girl with a machine gu-wait, do the credits say "Hyadain"? As in THE Hyadain? Holy [parasitic bomb] o__O

Posted on: April 03, 2011, 12:53:49 AM
Well, finished the first episode. I have no other way to describe this than completely random.

Oh yeah, I also caught up with Madoka. It was pretty good actually, you guys should watch it too. I mean, just look at this guy, how can you say no to such an adorable thing

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1448 on: April 03, 2011, 08:49:31 AM
^oh please not here aswell @_@

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1449 on: April 03, 2011, 08:51:23 AM
I have no idea what you mean

◕‿‿◕

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.