1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: January 27, 2011, 01:35:54 AM
I made something with hardly any effort.

[spoiler]]
Just a rushed doodle of an my soon to be avatar on a forum named Crossed Swords Inn. Did take the chance to experiment a bit with soft shading.

Though I think it came out rather nicely, I may have messed up his bottom half's pose. Oh well, I'm just gonna use the head as an avi anyway.

PS: I have a fetish for grinning characters.[/spoiler]

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: January 27, 2011, 04:01:41 AM
With a bowl hat, he must be a gentleman! *gnawed on head*

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:04 AM
A real gentleman always wears the right headgear

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:26 AM
I know a certain Sheepgod will LOVE this.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Aresian

Reply #379 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:37 AM
I would be honored if you let me use that as an avatar.

HONORED.

it is the embodiment of everything that I stand for.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: January 28, 2011, 12:48:34 AM
I'd be honored to have you use my piece as an avatar. Though I think The Sheep God deserves a better, more professionally worked art for his avatar.

Of course if you wish to use this piece as your avatar now, I'd be happy to send you the link of the smaller ( and close-up) version through the PM.

I'm also glad you all liked.

Aresian

Reply #381 on: January 28, 2011, 01:31:15 AM
I'd like that muchly. My "greatness" would be much appreciated with both offers there~ Will await my sheeply gift in the PM box.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: January 28, 2011, 10:44:19 PM
Something random

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: January 28, 2011, 11:13:15 PM
What? No Goofy as Bison?
Awesome drawings XD

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: January 29, 2011, 12:07:53 AM
Goofy as Bison?

Oh imagery!

Donald looks so in character. He likes money too.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #385 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:41 AM
Who'd be Sagat?

Pete?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: January 30, 2011, 07:06:05 AM
Something random

[spoiler][/spoiler]
LOLOLOLOLOL
This is so awesome. XD

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: March 27, 2011, 04:51:10 AM
The dead line has been made and the votes are in! Now here are the winning base designs for the second batch of characters. there aren't as many votes as last time though. A total of 11 to be exact.

[spoiler]
Bartin

A = 1

B = 7

C = 3

Tela/Tula & Larry Cutesy big eyed spider with heart shaped fly shirt

A = 1

B = 3

C = 7

Jubelle Classic pink dress and Big Headed look.

A = 7

B = 2

C = 2

Sephyr Gabriela Nun Look

A = 3

B = 0

C = 8
[/spoiler]

Expect to see the new and final redesigns in 2 to 3 days.

EDIT: Forgot to post this:

I'm debating whether I should ditch the whole winners can't make suggestions thing and just let everyone give their opinions on what might make a better design or just stand firm and keep doing what I'm doing.

Posted on: February 04, 2011, 06:44:01 PM
Cause I haven't let this thing die...I admit I haven't been working as hard as I should but I haven't let it die. Course instead of focusing on the main 4 characters of the contest (or at least 2 of them were kinda left in the dust for a while) but rather, the other fighters and the places this guys will duke it out in. I'll also show some sketches of the first batch of characters in the style I think I'll use for this project.

Not wanting to spoil too much, mostly plot wise, but still wanting to show you guys something, here are some of the sketches/scraps for Barton and Tela (w/ Larry as the abdomen) as well as 3 other characters, 2 of which some of you might know and 1 of the 4 that were teased.

[spoiler=Bartin and Tela]

Still needs a bit of work, I'm not feeling like this should be his final design. Feels a bit empty and not very energetic, if that makes sense to any of you.

Very close to what I'm going with, though I should really simplify those legs to make her cute. Should also give her a bit of a more unique looking 'normal girl' clothing.

The puppets came out very well though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bizarre Style + Slight color scheme change]

IGNORE THE MISSING FOOT!!

Wanted to make him looks a bit grimmer, but still keep the same colors I used for his final design. Might change orange to red though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=New Playahs!! And a brief bio]

Name: Rupert Van Clockston
Species: Cyborg (though technically human)

A cheery gentleman who has an obsessive fascination with clocks, as well as clockwork machines. He had replaced most of his body parts and organs with prosthetic parts, gears, pipes and the such.

Name: Nightmare Sally (Though she prefers just being called Sally or Sal)
Species : Unknown

A timid, paranoid and weary young creature, believed to be female. She has lived alone most of her live and is scared of the many things, people and creatures that might cause harm to her in the outside world. Though frightened by most things, she rarely backs down without fighting or scarring away whomever or whatever might harm her.

(Gonna try to make those clothes a bit puffier. Mostly because she just looks a bit like Crona from Soul Eater, but with a jacket instead of a dress.)

Name: Dimitri Longbrows
Species: Human

A butler who is very skilled at boxing. His is loyal to his lord and wishes only to bring him happiness. He has also made his own style of boxing. He also seems to like to wear a fake beak on his nose for some reason.[/spoiler]

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:09 AM
I fell in love with Clockston instantly.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:44 AM
Hehe... Penguin butler... :3

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: March 30, 2011, 03:56:04 AM
A character based on Rockhopper penguin is a win in my book.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: April 02, 2011, 11:18:25 PM
So, a few weeks back, Blackhook and I had an argument about whom was better than whom.

Hold on, I'm getting ahead of myself. First let's put in some atmosphereshall we?

So anyhoo. The two of us were fighting over whom had the better outfit. Blackhook believes that he has the better attire (while it is obvious that the one with the better sense of fashion, is moi). Since we ourselves can't agree that I am the better dressed male, we're leaving it to you fellow RPM members...

[spoiler=So then...]

Fullsize Here
Who is the better Okama!? *cough*moi*cough*

So, it's up to you RPM,to decide which is the superior, sexier and overall appealing manwoman!
The winner shall be crowned the Okama Sexy no Kueeng of Championness-ness!

And the loser shall be punished by whatever punishment you all see fit.

Now GAZE RPM, GAZE at our FABulous attire, and choose with your hearts deserves the title of Okama Sexy no Kueeng of Championess-ness!!

I know you shall choose the right one. *wink*

That's me in case your wondering.[/spoiler]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:45 PM
Ohohoho ♫ How naive you are. I look great in anything so this contest won't be too difficult to decide.
I bet you are wonderring where I got that outfit from ;)

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: April 04, 2011, 12:03:52 PM
Ahhhh.....

Dare I say Blackhook can pull a Vixy.  XD

My eyes just recovered damnit. XD

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: April 05, 2011, 09:43:24 AM
I...um. Well, it's sorta hard to choose. But since I'm weak for zettai ryouiki I think Etna's costume is cooler.

...Anyway!

I'd like to say that I love your style and your lines. They're very smooth and pleasant, and they add a lot of character to your interesting designs. I also love your use of shapes to denote characteristics. It's the best way to show character in character design, after all =w=b

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: April 08, 2011, 11:30:41 AM
You surpassed Dr. Wily in a bikini. owob

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: April 10, 2011, 05:50:50 AM
I.. Er.. Welp.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:20 AM
I say we all forget about this....

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:29 AM
I...um. Well, it's sorta hard to choose. But since I'm weak for zettai ryouiki I think Etna's costume is cooler.

...Anyway!

I'd like to say that I love your style and your lines. They're very smooth and pleasant, and they add a lot of character to your interesting designs. I also love your use of shapes to denote characteristics. It's the best way to show character in character design, after all =w=b

I know this is almost a month late, but thank you very much for the compliment. My lines could be smoother and cleaner though.

You surpassed Dr. Wily in a bikini. owob

Not yet my friend...not yet.

I.. Er.. Welp.

I know~ <3 The glorious magnitude of outstanding sexyness of this piece is just too much for the eyes of most mortal beings.

Now I update.

[spoiler=Something that needs improvement]

Aside from my attention span and overall effort on doing things.

Something that was meant for a forum I visit every from time to time. Bassicaly just Gilgamesh and a chocobo.

I tried mimicking Amano's style, but I find it hard to make a smooth, clean outlines with a tablet rather then on plain ol' paper. So I'm sticking to scanning my outlines for future pics, will practice a bit more with the tablet though.

Coloring was kinda botched and sped through, so it came out a bit messy. Also the way I shaded just deviated from Amano's usual style. So in the end, I just made a scrap. Still I do like how it ended up, despite me having to use the sketch for the outline.[/spoiler]

As for the Bizarre Brawler news, all the characters have gotten their final designs...though I haven't finished coloring them yet. But not wanting to hold up the designs, I'll be happy to at least show the outlines...though they won't be uploaded to DA.

[spoiler=Finale of the Brawlers]

I kinda had to make a quick change in Urey's and Lily's designs, more Lily than Urey. As greay as the last desgins came out, Lily's design kinda seemed a bit...odd when I tried practicing with some movement sketches. The "dress" only looked good when the character stood still. So I gave her a simpler design, made some few changes with her shark fins, and now we have a more agile looking Lily.

Urey was fine, but looking at his last desing, it really didin't give off much of a Voodoo theme to it. So I simplified his jacket, stitched his gloves to it, gave him patches, got rid of the excess stitches and the color blue, and made gave everything a darker hue. They look better in my opinion, and they still retain the characteristics that were chosen for the final design.

Ktori and Rotu didn't need much of a change, they're designs were perfect. Thought the open scratches on Ktori's shoulder wear looked odd when he crouched, so I ditched the cuts.
Rotu just got a big button on his coat, as well as some lines for the underside of his scarf, the emblem on his hat has become really thin, and the button for his cuffs look like screws, rather then Mega Man inspired gems.

Still basically the very same final designs though.

Now for the second batch.

Barton just got inflatable gloves and boots. And some belts for his life jacket. Also his blind...which is my excuse for keeping the white, pupil-less eyes. Yes, I messed up on his left thumb, and appearently I also forgot to ink his left side-burn as well.

As for Tela, I just wanted to make her the cutest-spider-human-hybrid, evah. So I gave her Squidward legs, a schoolgirl uniform and a fly bow-tie. Poor Larry is not getting enough of the spot light since he's the abdomen.

And finally, we have Sephyr, who was changed to a traditional nun rather than a curvy, holy and cheerful Mrs.Adams. And she got a Snake Spear. Spear has nothing to do with her story but has to do a lot with how she fights. The opposite of Tela and Larry.

And for Bellez, whom I decided to make a solo character. So instead of being a crossdresser's soul in cat costume using a absurdly strong and bloodthirsty kid to move around, he is a strong willed soul of a long deceased crossdresser, who happens to be an a hitman. Kinda deviated from the roundness of the three choices and made him look a bit more menacing. His A style can still be seen to be the most preminent of the final design choice, such as the short bow, large nose and that he will have the same color scheme as A. Though I couldn't help myself, with the gloves, just felt right for this guy. Also gave him a simple pattern for his dress and ears, and tore a bit of the ear to make the costume seem a bit more old and beat-up.    

And that's pretty much it for the main fighters.

That makes a total of 2 fighters with their design and color scheme done, 12 fighters with their designs finished (not counting Urey and Lily and 6 of those being of the main cast), and 11 still in development of their finalized designs(not counting the 2 that are SniperX's and Cobalt's characters, if they're still interested that is).[/spoiler]

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:25 AM
Hmm, well, actually, I think what you can do is to line/ink your pictures. Your style definitely suits a solid, bold line. Your current sketch lines work fine with sketches, but I think you should finalise and colour pictures with a really bold outline around individual objects/areas, and with fine/coloured lines around decorations/patterns/creases/etc. Your style would look really good like that, imo.
At the moment your lines are thin and uniform, which doesn't give them much character.