what did you guys think of RE6?

mrkhan89 · 936

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:14 AM
i just got the game on sale from best buy for $20 and i wanted to get the game to see how it really is, im playing leon's campaign and so far its pretty good, but many people saying that leon's campaign is the only good part in this game?

what did you guys think of it?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:20:57 AM
Considering the fact that Revelations was a step forward in the franchise and RE6 was two steps backwards... the game is not worth it. Better off waiting for the HD Revelations port. And seriously, there's already a RE thread. You could've just asked there.

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:24:38 AM
i am definitely going to get RE revelations, no doubt about it...as for RE6, im most likely going to sell it when im done.

I still don't understand how capcom got RE revelations right but got RE6 wrong.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:55:58 AM
RE6 is massive, and ambitious, and IMO worth playing once if you're an RE fan.

But... the whole experience is a straight line. There's barely any strategy or discovery, the game basically holds your hand all the way through.

The good parts are genuinely memorable. The bad parts will make you want to break the disc in half. Most of the game falls in between. From my experience, it's the little things that will [acid burst] you off (like dying at QTEs you didn't see coming, even though you can always retry them almost instantly).

I've played about 60 hours total, and there were no chapters that I was dying to revisit. But at the same time... I wanted to keep going, because the scale of the game is pretty ridiculous. You're always looking at something huge on screen, from set pieces to giant monsters, even if you're not doing a lot while actually playing through that part. So it's a pretty cool experience at least that one time.