The Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur Thread

VixyNyan · 56075

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:16 AM
Thanks for posting the videos Vixy! I haven't the first ones yet, but they were a nice treat! Though it kinda sucks that Pat, Pyrrha, and ZWEI are the only confirmed player characters for Story Mode. Aren't we allowed to use different characters in Story Mode with their own adventures like in old SC games? I kinda wanted something akin to SCIII (which I think had the best Story Mode, but then again I haven't played Soul Edge the first of Soul series games so I can't comment on that) with the cinematic experience the first two trailers gave.

Also it doesn't appear that our Created Characters will have a Story Mode this time around, unlike SCIII's Chronicles of the Sword Mode (which I liked very much though I wish it was a bit faster) and SCIV's inclusion of CaS into Story Mode with them getting either or both Soul Swords. I'm hoping there's more modes in, but oh well. I could just use VS Mode and make up a Story for my CaS cast.

Which version are you guys gettings? This time around I'm getting the PS3 Collection's Edition from BestBuy, which is pre-order, as to follow a strange trend I have with the series (SCI - Xbox 360Arcade, SCII - Gamecube, SCIII - PS2, SCIV - 360, SCV - PS3). Maybe I'll see you guys online! That would be awesome!

Oh, by the way Vixy I got Dazzle DVD Recorder HD for a Christmas Present so I'll be able to post pictures and videos of my gameplay like you! ^_^
I asked for either one, both normal or HD, since they're the same and my parents picked the one they thought best.

I can't wait to show our my CaS to you guys!

Posted on: January 17, 2012, 09:46:50 AM
English version of the Story Trailer! Enjoy~ <3
[youtube]CEu9bqg6txM[/youtube]

Posted on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:03 AM
The last four characters revealed for SCV on the bottom row:

Alpha Patkrolos - Soul Calibur-wielding Patkrolos, minus shield, with Setsuka moveset (confirmed)
Omega/Evil Pyrrha (rumored to have Sophitia's moveset)
Inferno Kilik (rumor to be in and rumored to be a Male only mimic character)
Angel Sophitia/Elysia (rumored to be a Female only mimic character, appears in Soul Calibur V New Trailer 1 posted by Vixy after the 3min mark)

Can't post videos of it due to a copyright claim by Association of Copyright for Computer Software.

Here's links to download the video to the Alpha Patroklos gameplay:
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=L643INQI

Get it while it's hot!

So there we have it... this is the final (semi-confirmed) character roster list:
* Patroklos
* Z.W.E.I.
* Leixia
* Natsu
* Ezio
* Raphael
* Viola
* Pyrrha
* Siegfried
* Hilde
* Xiba
* Ivy
* Cervantes
* Aeon
* Tira
* Nightmare
* Mitsurugi
* Maxi
* Yoshimitsu
* Dampierre
* Voldo
* Astaroth
* Alpha Patroklos (Setsuka moveset)
* Angel Sophitia/Elysium (Female Mimic)
* Edge Master (All Mimic)
* Algol
* Inferno Kilik (Male Mimic)
* Omega/Evil Pyrrha (Sophitia moveset)

Then again there's no proof that the two mimic characters, the mimic male or female, are going to be playable. So Angel Sophitia/Elysium and Inferno Kilik could more or less be playable with a different moveset.
Your thoughts people?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 11:18:37 PM

My thought is that Kilik looks badass but it feels really lazy if they really are all mimics, even if it's mimics of the characters not in the game as some say.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: January 21, 2012, 02:43:30 AM
Well the mimic part isn't TOTALLY confirmed yet, but it seems that way. Also I like Kilik's Phoenix motif for his costume, very cool. And going what other people have theorizes, it is the new Nightmare might be Hilde's father given that her father disappear and the new Nightmare is serving a royal and since Hilde's father is a king he knows how royalty works out and such.

Also I have some speculations on why some characters aren't returning in Soul Calibur 5.

I had this bobbling in my head for sometime and I came up with some reasonable excuses why some characters didn't return for Soul Calibur 5, given the story of SCV and the stories of the past characters. This is just me theorizing, so take as you will but it by no means is canon or possible not even close to what the developers have in mind. Let me start.

Yun-seong: The reason why Yun-seong doesn't come back is the easiest one, he original left on his journey to find Soul Edge, right? The was the reason I believe... and it was to get Soul Edge to help him end the war as he felt powerless to save his country. Now from Mitsurigi's story, he rush back home because he heard about the war coming to a close and wishes to take part of it but when he arrived it was over. Yun-seong mentions that Mitsuirigi is an enemy of his country so which leads me to believe that the war ended, the very war that Yun-seong wanted to win to save his country.

Seeing as the war is done there's no point of searching for Soul Edge so he heads home and completes his training at his old schoo.

Talim: The reason I believe Talim doesn't return was so she could purify the powers of the Soul Swords, return them to their true forms or removing their power take it as you well. And because of the events of SCIV the Soul Swords seemingly lost their power for 17 years and Talim has no reason to look for them again as their, in a sense, purify or their power removed like she wanted. It's possible she followed Yun-seong or return home to take care of her village and people and become a proper Wind Priestress.

Seong Mina: I think her reason is easy to explain as well. The whole point of her journey was to search for Yun-seong and bring him back home, and stop him from attaining Soul Edge as she knows it is an evil sword that will corrupt him. With both Soul Swords gone and the war over which was the reason why Yun-seong went after Soul Edge in the first place he returned home with Seong Mina back to the dojo. Also she is to be wed to Hwang, right? So she's probably married and raising a family no, and with the Soul Swords gone she has no reason to travel again.

Zasalamel: This one is a tricky one and I'm not sure this justifies his reasons for not returning to SCV. By the end of SCIII and by the events SCIV, Zasalamel is intrigued by the process of man in the future as he saw a vision about an airplane and how man learn how to create air travel and wishes to see what other marvelous things mankind will make in the future. Originally using the Soul Swords to end his immortal life, he now wishes to stay immortal to see how far mankind will go and such there's no reason for him to watch over the Soul Swords and start exploring the world and help push mankind to a greater future and push their limits beyond (like in his SCIV ending).

Cassandra: Honestly... I have nothing on this one. She's mostly likely alive, but she does want to protect the bonds of her family and the only reason I can think of why she isn't around is because she's searching for Tira for murdering her sister (mostly likely if Sophitia really did die) and search for Pyrrha. I think she left the care of Patroklos to her brother-in-law Rothion but didn't hear of his illness and death until much later and by the time Patroklos is gone, raising himself and joining an army. With no clues left she continues to search for the one that destroyed the bonds of her family and looks for her long-lost niece.

That's it! I believe these sound plausible enough to be the reason why these characters were omitted from the story. Your thoughts people?

Also it seems like, or possible fan speculations, that the characters I mention above could be available as DLC or their styles will be DLC.

Posted on: January 19, 2012, 01:47:26 AM
First look of the Devil Jin fighting style for CaS!

Devil Jin CaS VS Pyrrha:
[youtube]POsCNDOOStA[/youtube]

Get it while it's hot!

Posted on: January 20, 2012, 11:17:51 AM
Elysium VS Kilik, Alpha Patroklos VS Pyrrha Omega, Edge Master VS Ezio, and Maxi VS Mitsurigi Gameplay:
[youtube]Aac2lUXuV7I[/youtube]

Yoshimitsu Vs Harada TEKKEN Gameplay:
[youtube]9R0bV8uv4wY[/youtube]

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #128 on: January 27, 2012, 05:55:14 AM
http://www.trueachievements.com/n7261/kilik-returns-in-soulcalibur-v--new-screenshots.htm

If you look closely, you can see that Kilik is wielding several different weapons aside from his usual rod. This seems to confirm the rumors that Kilik will be a mimic character, copying the move sets of all the male characters. A leaked photo of a female character depicting a similar looking mask, named Elysium, seems to suggest then that she'll mimic the moves of the female characters then.

0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: January 27, 2012, 09:44:44 PM
^Of course you would like it Vixy. 8D
But I'm kinda glad someone posted in this thread... it was getting a little tired being the only one to update and post in this topic for the past few days.

[youtube]tHnJ_m7Fli4[/youtube]

Posted on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:55 AM
Soul Calibur V: Exclusive Launch Trailer (GameTrailer)

YouTube version:
[youtube]Ufq2GAugXhE[/youtube]

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #130 on: February 01, 2012, 09:59:50 PM
Has anyone else been playing SCV yet?

I played through the Story mode and the offline modes mostly. I haven't played online yet. It's fun for the most part. I did make a few characters in the Character Creation mode including a Mari Makinami in her school uniform (sort of). Is it just me or is there less items to use in it than in Soul Calibur 3 and 4?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:07 PM
Has anyone else been playing SCV yet?

I played through the Story mode and the offline modes mostly. I haven't played online yet. It's fun for the most part. I did make a few characters in the Character Creation mode including a Mari Makinami in her school uniform (sort of). Is it just me or is there less items to use in it than in Soul Calibur 3 and 4?

You have to unlock the rest of them by leveling up and every two levels you get new creation items, but yeah it does feel less and you start out with 65% of the creation items. They plan to release more through DLC. I have the PS3 version, which version did you get?

I've beaten Story Mode already and unlocked all characters, and I've finished Legendary Souls which took me 43 minutes to beat... damn AI. I haven't played online yet either and I'm trying to practicing using Mitsurigi and the Devil Jin style CaS which the WGF is tough to perform correctly.

Posted on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:09 AM
Here's my character from Soul Calibur V's Create-a-Soul Mode, Chris Corona, who uses the Soul of Devil Jin:

SCV - Chris Corona:

The closest I'm going to get for modern-day looking clothes, fingerless gloves (they really need some!) and spiky hair, too bad I can't frost the tips of it.

Archer

Reply #132 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:50 PM
so i bought the game on whim

didn't pre-order so no dampierre, don't really care about that [Top Spin] anyway

i suck tremendously at this game but it's no surprise, fighting games were never my thing

have it for ps3 if anyone cares

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: February 02, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
so i bought the game on whim

didn't pre-order so no dampierre, don't really care about that [Top Spin] anyway

i suck tremendously at this game but it's no surprise, fighting games were never my thing

have it for ps3 if anyone cares

Come on, your Sakura Matou right? You should have a much upbeat attitude than that! XD
But yeah Dampierre will be available at a much later date, sometime in March/April seeing the DLC list for February was revealed. Also practice makes perfect, I'm still trying to get the Devil Jin WGF fast input command down! Getting closer as I'm pulling it off more but no in consecutive order.

I also have a PS3, would you like to buddy up?

Oh, and one more thing...

Someone sure had a lot of time on their hands, lol. But it's pretty accurate, no?

And that's one sweet looking Protoman/Blues! I approve!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: February 02, 2012, 07:46:01 PM
The Q is really good too.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:20 PM
Don't know much about him, but yeah it's a good CaS character version of him there.

I made my own version of Archer from Fate/stay night using what CaS parts I've unlocked so far, I'm Player LV23:

Archer

It's very hard to find the right kind of gear to get his cloak/jacket or whatever and because of the jacket I couldn't add a belt... how does that crash with the jacket?! Makes no sense, I think there are people who wear jackets AND belts at the same time.

Makes no sense that a belt can't be wore under a jacket in the Creation Mode.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #136 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:13 PM
Still waiting for it to arrive in the mail I am =w=

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: February 05, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
Hey there, guys! I manage to create the Servants from the Fate/stay night game in Creation Mode using what I've unlocked so far for CaS parts and I made a video of the Servants fighting each other as CPU vs CPU with the Very Hard difficulty on. Funny thing is this is the second recorded of the fights and the first time around the same order of Servants I picked had the opposite opponent winning instead (ex: 1st record Lancer beats Archer, 2nd record Archer beats Lancer, etc...).

Please note that I haven't unlocked the Elf Ear CaS part yet, need to be Player Level 46 to get it and I was LV30 when I recorded this, so Caster is Elf Earless in this video.

It was tricky figuring out what part suited the best to recreate the Fate/stay night characters' look the best as some parts removed other or changed some parts of how the outfit looked. And I sucked at picking voices I bet, really there isn't a lot of options and I can't seem to get the right kind of voice even though the dialogues seem to fit the characters perfectly.

Here's the video:
[youtube]A4nRwcJWxs4[/youtube]

However I like to say the video quality is... lagging to say the least. Upon recording it a second time, the same audio lag exist so the audio is delayed which makes it annoying to watch and listen when the video and audio don't sych up.

I'm trying to fix this problem in Pinnacle Studio 14, but no one seems to want to help or know how to fix it. I've tried different settings for recording, but the lag is still there, so I don't know if it's my laptop (then again I have it running a lot so maybe a break in between and starting it up then record will make it better) or I might need to replace the PS3 wires for video and audio as the cable is slightly broken if you move it out of place you hear static instead of perfect sound and the screen darkens.

If you know how to fix the video/audio lag in Pinnacle Studio 14 so I can record perfect HD videos, please contract me or tell me in this thread.

Enjoy and please tell me what you think!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: February 05, 2012, 06:41:12 AM
I don't know much about Soul Calibur's fighting and customization options, but the servants and weapons look pretty much as close as can be. I'm impressed you were this thorough, no character looked out of place in my eyes. Maybe you can try creating Tsukihime characters as well, when you get the chance.

Although that might be more of a challenge, as most of them are not armored.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: February 05, 2012, 06:45:58 AM
The single player kinda sucks, but the game is pretty fun. I only have these two custom characters so far

A human Samurott

And my best attempt at a Django with what I had available :T

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: February 05, 2012, 07:29:43 AM
I don't know much about Soul Calibur's fighting and customization options, but the servants and weapons look pretty much as close as can be. I'm impressed you were this thorough, no character looked out of place in my eyes. Maybe you can try creating Tsukihime characters as well, when you get the chance.

Although that might be more of a challenge, as most of them are not armored.

Thanks! I haven't unlocked all the CaS parts yet, but when I unlock a few more I might attempt making the Tsukihime characters. I hope I'll have a few slots left to make them, it's going to be awhile. Also some weapons, like the ones Archer is using, cannot be edited so I had to stick it with what it had and pick which was kinda close to the style and color of their weapons.

Not all CaS parts have armor on them, but it will be tough to recreate with what I got and how limited the CaS system can be at times.

Who would you like to see first?

Archer

Reply #141 on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:54 AM

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: February 07, 2012, 02:44:42 AM
Crimson Red Akiha

Archer

Reply #143 on: February 07, 2012, 04:11:31 AM
Normal Akiha > Red Akiha

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: February 07, 2012, 04:57:17 AM
Akiha
Crimson Red Akiha

I got both versions of Akiha done. ^_^
And I just see your post Archetype.

I'll post the next videos of them, and the Fate/Zero cast I made as well, after I get to Player Level 53 so I can get that apron CaS part for Kohaku and Hisui as it's the last part I need to add. Also I even made Shirou and Rin as well!

Currently working on the Touhou cast and I'm running out of room.
I'm making Reimu (done), Yukari (done), Sanae (semi-done), Marisa, Alice, Yuyuko, Youmu, Reisen, Remilia, Sakuya, Hong Meiling, Flandre, Patchouli, Koakuma, Aya, Orin, Okuu, Yuka, Suika, and Yuugi.

I'll probably have them done by tomorrow and upload the videos on YouTube (which I hope doesn't take too long).
See ya there!

Archer

Reply #145 on: February 07, 2012, 05:03:25 AM
I got both versions of Akiha done. ^_^

hooray

I also have a PS3, would you like to buddy up?

i didn't even notice this until just now

sure

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: February 09, 2012, 11:34:52 AM
hooray

i didn't even notice this until just now

sure

OK, I got you register now! ^_^

Just to let everyone know I've got Remilia, Sakuya, Hong Meiling, Patchouli, Flandre, Koakuma, Aya, Orin, and Cirno left to make. Good dear lord I'm almost done AND I ran out of slots... that's a first for me. :<
I got carried away... and I did the best I could with the CaS parts I have available and that is in the game... I wish the business suit was still in the game, it would be perfect for Reisen to wear and I can't seem to find a good shirt for her to wear that seems "normal" on her without coming off weird and out-of-place. I wish Namco gave Project Soul more time to work on this, it would've shined even more along with more CaS parts.

By the way are the Angel Wings DLC? I had to use the Demon/Devil Wings for Okuu, which do not fit her "hell raven" look at all.
Once I'm done I'll upload videos based on each series of the characters to YouTube. Hopefully I'll be done by tonight!

Posted on: February 07, 2012, 08:25:01 PM
OK, I finally got them uploaded! My Create-a-Soul Recreations of the characters from Fate/stay night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra, Tsukihime, and Touhou! Sorry about the quality of the video, I didn't want to record the audio from the game so I change the settings to remove them (I have no idea why the Custom options couldn't do it) so the quality of the video is a little mucky at first but you can still view the models just as accurately.

(You know I could've just UNPLUG the audio cables on the Dazzle to record without audio, wasn't thinking ahead of time about that. Common sense Chris! Well now I know so I'll be prepared next time).

Soul Calibur V: Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra CaS Cast
[youtube]cMI62d20jjo[/youtube]

Soul Calibur V: Tsukihime CaS Cast (You know I LOVE how King Records has nothing to do with Ali Project and the music got removed. >:3 )
[youtube]TFVwWvQoc_c[/youtube]

Soul Calibur V: Touhou CaS Cast
[youtube]Qg62AZCSZcM[/youtube]

Took, I think, over 20 hours for YouTube to upload them all so sorry if taking my time with these. Please tell me what you think of my recreations with the options I had to make sure they are as close as possible with the limitations the CaS system had!

Enjoy!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:57 PM
Everyone looks great to me. I think I like Gilgamesh and Arcueid the most (sorry Saber). I wish all the male body types weren't so big and muscular, Shiki and Shirou need to look skinny. And Fate/Zero Lancer looks like he has a dead cockroach on his face.

... Speaking of Shiki, mind creating Ryougi as well?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:53 PM
Everyone looks great to me. I think I like Gilgamesh and Arcueid the most (sorry Saber). I wish all the male body types weren't so big and muscular, Shiki and Shirou need to look skinny. And Fate/Zero Lancer looks like he has a dead cockroach on his face.

... Speaking of Shiki, mind creating Ryougi as well?

Oh brother... I have to delete someone or create a new save file. I have to create a new User to do that or was it something else? I completely ran out of the 50 character slots so far. I really wish at this point we can add more character slots by using the console's memory space... and possible have a separate character slots for customize the SC cast.

And that's suppose to be Zero Lancer's Beauty Mark, but sadly that's the SMALLEST size available for it.

And you're not the only one to ask about Shiki Ryougi as well. I wonder what others think of my CaS Cast?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:43 PM
You can delete one of the versions of Akiha.

And that's suppose to be Zero Lancer's Beauty Mark, but sadly that's the SMALLEST size available for it.

I know that's his mark, but you'd think character customization would have a standard mole.