Guest · 764313

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10000 on: August 12, 2015, 09:45:56 AM
You know what'd be great?  Snuggling up with a glowing shiny.  You have your own nightlight~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #10001 on: August 12, 2015, 12:45:39 PM
... That is true. *sniffs Tauros*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #10002 on: August 12, 2015, 07:25:37 PM
Resetting count...
97 Eggs hatched... Nothing yet...
170 Eggs hatched... Nothing yet...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #10003 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:27 PM
Just to let you guys know that they released the Shiny Rayquaza in the US! Grab your Shiny Rayquaza today by going to Mystery Gift and receiving your gift from the Internet! There's currently no End Date for it so grab it while it's hot!

And I finally managed to complete my Hoenn Dex, all 211 collected! Now for the National Dex... only 353 collected so far.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #10004 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47:17 PM
Actually it's set to end on September 14th and it's only for ORAS.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10005 on: August 12, 2015, 11:45:29 PM
Grabbed my Rayquaza last night.  I'm starting to build a collection.

And my Dex is now mostly dependent on mid-evolutions and Legendaries.  Back to breeding for babies, raising said babies, and lazy raising some starters...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10006 on: August 13, 2015, 12:02:54 AM
Another plus is that Rayquaza comes with a Dragon Fang which aren't exactly the easiest to obtain in ORAS.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10007 on: August 13, 2015, 12:07:17 AM
I'm in Rustboro with both Diancie and Rayquaza.

If they obeyed me, that'd be great, thanks.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10008 on: August 13, 2015, 12:10:16 AM
Got mine. Couldn't care less but at least it makes for good trade fodder in the future, I suppose. I've already got my superior Emerald Rayquaza in X so it doesn't matter.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10009 on: August 13, 2015, 12:11:49 AM
I'm in Rustboro with both Diancie and Rayquaza.

If they obeyed me, that'd be great, thanks.
Yeah thems the breaks, what's your starter again?

Got mine. Couldn't care less but at least it makes for good trade fodder in the future, I suppose. I've already got my superior Emerald Rayquaza in X so it doesn't matter.
That it would, that it would.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10010 on: August 13, 2015, 12:14:53 AM
Treecko, now a Grovyle.  Roxanne was a pushover.  I'm also toting Elliot the Ralts, Sonny the Drowzee, Harley Quinn the Thunder Fang Poochyena, and Rocket the Zigzagoon.  Skitter the Surskit was also on the team for a while.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10011 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15:36 AM
I'm gonna be straight with you guys, OR is the first Pokemon game I've regretted purchasing. It's so mediocre and I prefer customizing my avatar in X so I don't even want to play competitively with it.
I'd bank all my 'mons and sell it but I got digital ;_;

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10012 on: August 13, 2015, 12:18:43 AM
I don't regret purchasing it, but I agree it's very disappointing.  The main adventure is just way too easy.   Have you tried Contests yet Unkawaii?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10013 on: August 13, 2015, 12:19:07 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to get into it, but since I never played any Gen3 games, then there's no nostalgia in it for me.  XY pulled me in with the nostalgia and the new features, and ORAS feels not as exciting.

I'm trying, though.  May Dex Nav and boost the [tornado fang] out of my team and shiny hunt, but I'm more or less going through the motions just to progress.  Barely paying attention to the story.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10014 on: August 13, 2015, 12:22:35 AM
Maybe you'll have fun once you try the Contests. 

Anyway I just hope the Diamond and Pearl remakes are better, and they expand on the Underground exploring.  Not sure Sinnoh is going to be really cold again like in Platinum though I hope if it's not Dawn's not stuck in a mini dress again.  I'll say again May's new outfit just doesn't do it for me.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10015 on: August 13, 2015, 12:26:31 AM
I've played through every gen, but 3 was my least fav, and yeah, I don't know why Gamefreak thinks trainer customization should be a one-off thing.  Surprisingly I don't even mind missing out on Mega Steelix.

My only regret with lacking OR/AS is all the damn tutors and promotions that now ignore X/Y, but my team is basically where I want it, and I traded for an Extremespeed Dratini, so I'm good.

Still wish I could readily teach Superpower to my Dragonites, though.  Here's hoping the obligatory Z version comes soon, I guess.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10016 on: August 13, 2015, 12:27:27 AM
I'm at the E4. I've been through nigh-on everything and I just can't push myself to even finish the game even though I'm at the end. Delta Episode isn't enough motivation for me either.

I like new May more, honestly.

I think OR has an unfair difficulty curve, actually. I blazed through the game and at some point it got grindy as [tornado fang]. They really botched the scaling. It's kind of a shame, because Gen 3 was my second favorite. Emerald was the second Pokemon game I ever finished, and ironically, I've got Emerald sitting five feet away from me and I can play that, no problem.

And yeah, I probably subconciously resent ORAS more BECAUSE Nintendo gave X/Y players nothing after the new games came out. It's like a cash grab. You get our new Pokemon gen? GOOD! One year later, have these half-assed remakes. Sell your outdated games now and buy the new thing!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10017 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:42 AM
I've played through every gen, but 3 was my least fav, and yeah, I don't know why Gamefreak thinks trainer customization should be a one-off thing.  My only regret with lacking OR/AS is all the damn tutors and promotions that now ignore X/Y, but my team is basically where I want it, and I traded for an Extremespeed Dratini, so I'm good.

Still wish I could readily teach Superpower to my Dragonites, though.  Here's hoping the obligatory Z version comes soon, I guess.
Or X2 and Y2, but with that green blob and 50 foot whatever something is going to be happening.  Either way if it is Z I might buy it for once.

I'm at the E4. I've been through nigh-on everything and I just can't push myself to even finish the game even though I'm at the end. Delta Episode isn't enough motivation for me either.

I like new May more, honestly.

I think OR has an unfair difficulty curve, actually. I blazed through the game and at some point it got grindy as [tornado fang]. They really botched the scaling. It's kind of a shame, because Gen 3 was my second favorite. Emerald was the second Pokemon game I ever finished, and ironically, I've got Emerald sitting five feet away from me and I can play that, no problem.

And yeah, I probably subconciously resent ORAS more BECAUSE Nintendo gave X/Y players nothing after the new games came out. It's like a cash grab. You get our new Pokemon gen? GOOD! One year later, have these half-assed remakes. Sell your outdated games now and buy the new thing!
You haven't been using the EXP Share, because honestly if you did it shouldn't have been grindy. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10018 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:58 AM
I still have the Looker stuff to do in X.  Right now, though, I'm focusing on Dex completion and a few side breeding projects.  I find myself coming back to X a lot and finding places I haven't explored yet.

Recently, I found Will-O-the-Wisp. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10019 on: August 13, 2015, 12:33:14 AM
Will-O-Wisp is good but I never had much luck with it hitting since it's a 75% chance move.  Really good against something like a Haxorus.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10020 on: August 13, 2015, 12:34:49 AM
I'm not saying I used it, I'm just saying I recently found it when I felt like backtracking one day out of boredom.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10021 on: August 13, 2015, 12:35:40 AM
I've been using the EXP Share, believe me.
It may be that I just blazed through and rolled with punches the entire time because I did have some trouble with a few fights later on, but I just wrote it off.

I don't know, maybe at some point I'll say [tornado fang] it and import my competitive team from X and sweep the E4.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10022 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:00 AM
I'm not saying I used it, I'm just saying I recently found it when I felt like backtracking one day out of boredom.
I know, just saying it's a good move but I haven't had good luck with it.

I've been using the EXP Share, believe me.
It may be that I just blazed through and rolled with punches the entire time because I did have some trouble with a few fights later on, but I just wrote it off.

I don't know, maybe at some point I'll say [tornado fang] it and import my competitive team from X and sweep the E4.
That's so weird, what kind of team are you using?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10023 on: August 13, 2015, 12:38:34 AM
I've been importing some Pokemon from X for my team.  Got my max Speed Abra waiting for me and I plan to send over a few other babies.  I need someone to help me transfer an egg over, though.  My Elemental Drowzee awaits~

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10024 on: August 13, 2015, 12:41:23 AM
That's so weird, what kind of team are you using?

It's kind of wonky atm but I barely tried balancing. Right now I'm running Pikachu, Samurott, Torkoal, Mightyena, Azumarill, and Sceptile. I did use Latios for a while but I swapped for Samurott because I'm too proud to have legendaries in my hall of fame.

So like I said, I might use my X team because that's properly trained and balanced and just clear the game.