Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344960

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1800 on: November 11, 2014, 12:46:18 AM
Indeed. I get paid in 5 days, so that'll do!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1801 on: November 11, 2014, 12:47:23 AM

Might have to buy this

Yep, definitely creepier than the 3DS moon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1802 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:28 AM
While I don't think OoT is overrated, I definitely prefer Majora's Mask.
To clarify I don't think OoT is bad, it's pretty well designed and interesting.   It's just not my cup of tea, I feel like after the Forest Temple it kind of drags, my favorite temple is the Forest Temple because of the music, atmosphere, and the bosses there, to me, are some of the coolest in game.

Admittedly I vastly prefer the 2D Zeldas over 3D Zeldas but I like Majora and Wind Waker.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1803 on: November 11, 2014, 12:52:44 AM
There are just so many aspects of Majora's Mask that I enjoy. I love collecting, so the masks thing was awesome for me. I loved being Deku, Goron, and Zora Link. Very unique in that regard. The music is perfect for the atmosphere. The dungeon designs are among the best in the series, if NOT the best.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1804 on: November 11, 2014, 12:55:11 AM
There are just so many aspects of Majora's Mask that I enjoy. I love collecting, so the masks thing was awesome for me. I loved being Deku, Goron, and Zora Link. Very unique in that regard. The music is perfect for the atmosphere. The dungeon designs are among the best in the series, if NOT the best.
Agreed that's why I like the game so much, along with my love of side quests, the lore and character developement of NPCs, the darker atmosphere and the many, many theories people spawned about it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1805 on: November 11, 2014, 12:57:28 AM
This is a must-buy for me, either way, because I never played MM before.

Just like how OoT3D was my first time with OoT. And I really loved it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1806 on: November 11, 2014, 12:58:34 AM
This is a must-buy for me, either way, because I never played MM before.

Just like how OoT3D was my first time with OoT.
I need to try OoT3D again someday.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1807 on: November 11, 2014, 08:25:40 AM
Just like how OoT3D was my first time with OoT. And I really loved it.
Same. Though I should not be complaining about the water temple, even though that's where I got stuck and left it at.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1808 on: November 11, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
They really made the Water Temple much less annoying.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1809 on: November 11, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1810 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:03 PM
OK, so I finally bit the bullet and got the WiiU and Hyrule Warriors. Holy hell, this is awesome.

More comments to come later but for now I'm all:

... just with a WiiU controller... And holding it the right way...

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1811 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:49 PM
That is the right way for the Ekans ring toss game in Pokemon Stadium. Though that game induces more rage than anything.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1812 on: November 15, 2014, 06:34:01 AM
To clarify I don't think OoT is bad, it's pretty well designed and interesting.   It's just not my cup of tea, I feel like after the Forest Temple it kind of drags, my favorite temple is the Forest Temple because of the music, atmosphere, and the bosses there, to me, are some of the coolest in game.
See, I enjoyed the whole adult Link shpiel far more so than child Link, so to me the Forest Temple was only the beginning.  To me, the real game begins once you have the Hookshot, Epona, and Biggoron's Sword (also, Volvagia, awesome boss).

Speaking of which, I hope MM 3D will make the Great Fairy Sword into an actual equippable sword and not a goddamn inventory item.

OK, so I finally bit the bullet and got the WiiU and Hyrule Warriors. Holy hell, this is awesome.
Indeed it is.  About my only problem with the game was the lock-on function, being unable to cycle targets with a remote/nunchuck setup (very frustrating until I realized it seems to favor the enemy you last damaged).  Overall, I've barely been able to put it down.  That Adventure map can keep you busy FOREVER.

Also, DLC is totally worth it for Epona alone.  Her running speed is not as fast as you'd think, but the fact that she can freely move during standard attacks offers one of the more unique play styles.  The next most mobile character/weapon is probably Fi, and she's downright clunky by comparison.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1813 on: November 18, 2014, 02:44:00 AM
Twili Midna confirmed! (that's the humanoid form) She uses the Mirror of Twilight as a weapon.

Twilight Princess pack releases on November 27.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1814 on: November 18, 2014, 03:03:47 AM
Is she unleashing Master Spark out of that mirror? Either way I'm excited to see her in action.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1815 on: November 18, 2014, 10:10:09 AM
Ah, there she is. I was completely expecting this in the normal game to be honest. I was baffled by her exclusion. But of course, she's held for DLC. Why wouldn't she be.

The DLC in Hyrule Warriors seems a little expensive though. Has anyone actually gotten it yet? Can someone tell me what exactly it includes and if it's at all substantial? 25$ is a lot of money, and I'm not sure I want to bite before a price drop that may never happen.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1816 on: November 18, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
Isn't the DLC only $20?

And I got the whole pack. DLC seems well worth it. The Master Quest map adds a crapton of new content, in addition to new outfits and 8-bit weapons to unlock. There's also Epona as a weapon, who's really fun to use, and the 5 story scenarios starring Cia, Wizzro, and Volga that adds a bit of backstory to them.

And the Twilight Princess pack is adding ANOTHER Adventure Mode map, which will extend gameplay even FURTHER.

It's incredibly substantial and the price is perfect for all of it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1817 on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:41 PM
The 8-Bit weapons and the ability to play as Cia, Wizzro, and Volga were part of the recent update for free according to the in game patch notes. Not sure if they have story attached though.

Adding adventure maps sounds neat. I wish they added like actual follow the game history modes or something though. Like a story mode for explicitely one of the titles. Though I suppose thats a little bare with Zelda games. New maps based on other titles may have been nice though. Like some kind of Links Awakening map.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1818 on: November 18, 2014, 08:39:19 PM
Pretty sure the only 8-bit weapon you get for free is Link's (there are others, such as Sheik using an 8-bit Ladder as a harp, or Ghirahim and Fi using 8-bit Arrows as their wepaons, that are only in the DLC), and while Cia, Wizzro, and Volga are playable for free, their story episodes (and their L2 and L3 weapons) are only in the Master Quest DLC.

And the Master Quest Adventure Map does follow game history; it's the same map as the original game's 2nd Quest. And though that was, in appearance, the same as the 1st Quest, a lot of things were moved around and changed, which the MQ Map does as well. It's designed to be the 2nd Quest of the main Adventure Mode map, which makes sense seeing as 2nd Quest was the original Master Quest.

Oh and the new Adventure Mode maps include more hearts for each character, bumping the maximum from 30 to 35. Presumably the Adventure Mode map coming with with Twilight Princess pack will bring 5 more for everyone, maxing out at 40, while the Adventure Mode map coming with the Majora's Mask pack will bring another 5, maxing out at 45 for each, or 3 complete rows of hearts.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1819 on: November 19, 2014, 02:26:11 AM
So it's logical to think that subsequent adventure maps will be themed base don other game overworld maps?

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1820 on: November 19, 2014, 02:30:38 AM
Potentially, yes. We'll know for sure next Thursday when the Twilight Princess pack comes out.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1821 on: November 20, 2014, 03:08:52 AM
To be honest I always liked Midna better as the imp, so long as they had that the game was sold to me, everything else was just icing on the cake.  Still, having her Twili form for DLC ought to be fun.

http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/
^Handy summary page of what's currently known about the DLC.  Adventure Mode maps are a ton of gameplay value in themselves; I bought the DLC but I'm still working through the original map (only unlocked the Master Sword's hidden skill yesterday, now I'm hunting Skulltulas).  As I said above the main hook for me was Epona, but I don't regret buying the full package.  There's an awful lot that they offer, and it'll keep me busy a LONG, LONG time.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1822 on: November 25, 2014, 03:55:02 AM
I can't believe there are still plebs who think Midna's Twili form is the "hot" one.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1823 on: November 27, 2014, 07:33:24 PM
Anyone have any tips on getting lots of Rupees quickly so I don't have to grind a character's levels for the Adventure Maps?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1824 on: November 30, 2014, 10:29:15 PM
Pick a favorite material to grind for and the Rupees will follow along the way.  I know that's not much advise but it's the best I've got, aside from the obvious "look for the Rupees+ Skill".

The Master Quest map is supposed to have areas designed for you to rack up kills quickly, I presume rupees would go hand-in-hand with that as well, but I still never got around to exploring that one too far.  Doubt I will any time soon; that Twilight map is beckoning to me (8-bit TP field theme, it's like they made a fresh breed of video game crack just for me).