Align · 344990

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #175 on: June 20, 2009, 12:27:13 AM
Ugh, the more serious fans really are the problem, we got the Werehog because of them.  -AC

But on the plus side, I do like the paper zelda idea, sure. we got Toon Link, why the hell not?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: June 20, 2009, 12:31:40 AM
@Jelly: people already [sonic slicer] and moan about Nintendo A LOT, what's one more thing? =P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #177 on: June 20, 2009, 12:37:06 AM
I think the upcoming sequel to NoMoreHeroes would shut them up for awhile. hopefully. They have probably done enough damage to beloved series already. :/

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: June 20, 2009, 07:54:34 AM
Ugh, the more serious fans really are the problem, we got the Werehog because of them.  -AC

Wait, what?  What's your basis behind this?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: June 20, 2009, 05:21:51 PM
The Werehog was born out of the "need" to replace the supporting cast. Let's face it, there are people out there who like the supporting cast, even if there isn't really not all that many people like that around here. Hence the Werehog and it's brokenass levels.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #180 on: June 20, 2009, 05:36:17 PM
Pretty much what Fxeni said right there. Sega tries to please the fans, and winds up basically messing the whole thing up in the end, resulting into more stubborn fans.

However, the Werehog did please plenty of fans.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: June 20, 2009, 05:40:06 PM
However, the Werehog did please plenty of fans.
Which is what they were aiming for. I still don't get why though, I personally couldn't stand those levels >_>

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: June 20, 2009, 05:42:17 PM
They did have a nice jazz like beat to them when you fought enemies though.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #183 on: June 20, 2009, 09:04:39 PM
You still don't have Super Mario Galaxy.   :P
And do YOU have Xtreme2 yet?

You'd better, 'cuz you certainly have the easier end of the deal. :P

The Werehog was born out of the "need" to replace the supporting cast. Let's face it, there are people out there who like the supporting cast, even if there isn't really not all that many people like that around here. Hence the Werehog and it's brokenass levels.
There is definitely some level of sense to that.  The split-second Werehog gameplay videos were shown, my first thought was, "Why didn't they just use Chaos?"

Personally, I don't think the supporting cast of Sonic is a problem, it's a symptom.  A question: How many people [sonic slicer] about Blaze?  Not many that I know of.  And there's nothing the least bit special about her character design, it's her implementation.  Because Blaze was handled the same way Tails and Knuckles were back in S3&K: abilities that are useful and distinctive (unlike the varying teams in Sonic Heroes) without being so radical as to necessitate a completely alien play style (unlike, well, nearly everything else).

Nintendo should really consider making more Paper series with Zelda being the next, but then people would [sonic slicer] and moan that they're using the idea too much. *sigh*
With Toon Link out there already, I don't really see the point.  But then I'd probably prefer a Paper Link to Toon Link.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: June 20, 2009, 10:31:35 PM
And do YOU have Xtreme2 yet?

You'd better, 'cuz you certainly have the easier end of the deal. :P

I do own it, yes!  Blame the first one's god awful [tornado fang]ing control scheme for making me never want to play the 2nd one.  Unless the control scheme got an overhaul in the 2nd one, it'll probably just serve it's purpose and be part of the collection.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: June 20, 2009, 10:36:40 PM
Yeah, there's already a Toon Zelda. And, best of all, it allows Nintendo to stretch their wings and try some newer things, but keep the series' image okay if something goes awry. Same for the Mario RPGs; let the other guys take the heat.

On that same note, though, I'm not sure I can entirely blame BioWare for Sonic Chronicles. Yeah, the gameplay needed some work but with the music and graphics at a loss and a time deadline incoming, I'm not sure if there were some other parties messing with the entire game's production.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: June 20, 2009, 10:53:38 PM
Back on topic now, does anyone else really want to know exactly what kind of graphical style this Zelda's gonna take? I am really hoping they cel-shade the Twilight Princess-esque art style that they showed off and made it seem more fantastic than even Wind Waker's charming visuals.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: June 20, 2009, 11:03:39 PM
I kinda liked the TP art a lot.  Maybe just fleshed out a little bit.  I do agree that Master Stroke could be enhanced with a bit of Cel-Shading.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: June 20, 2009, 11:24:49 PM
I absolutely loved the Twilight Princess art myself. I thought it would be a hard act to follow the whimsical art style of the Windwaker, but Twilight Princess introduced some really kick ass stuff.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: June 21, 2009, 12:28:11 AM
They did have a nice jazz like beat to them when you fought enemies though.

I liked the stages, but honestly the music was annoying and repetitive, and it was the same music EVERY time too.

On that same note, though, I'm not sure I can entirely blame BioWare for Sonic Chronicles. Yeah, the gameplay needed some work but with the music and graphics at a loss and a time deadline incoming, I'm not sure if there were some other parties messing with the entire game's production.

They have enough people that they can work on the music and the gameplay at the same time. When your game uses music that sounds worse than a ring tone, you've done something horrible.

Back on topic now, does anyone else really want to know exactly what kind of graphical style this Zelda's gonna take? I am really hoping they cel-shade the Twilight Princess-esque art style that they showed off and made it seem more fantastic than even Wind Waker's charming visuals.

Knowing Nintendo, they'll keep it like Twilight Princess, just maybe a graphical overhaul since TP used what the GC was capable of doing.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: June 21, 2009, 08:17:06 AM
A nice mixture of both the TP and WW styles would be awesome. As nice as TP was, the fluid motion and feel of WW certainly was top notch. It also felt like they were trying to get away from OoT with WW, which I agree completely with. That's me though, the one who thinks MM is a million times better than OoT, and that not much compares to LttP -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: June 21, 2009, 08:20:00 AM
That's me though, the one who thinks MM is a million times better than OoT

I'm not alone :O

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #192 on: June 27, 2009, 06:40:14 PM
I do own it, yes!  Blame the first one's god awful [tornado fang]ing control scheme for making me never want to play the 2nd one.  Unless the control scheme got an overhaul in the 2nd one, it'll probably just serve it's purpose and be part of the collection.
You have to play it for it to count. :P  Play, beat it, F#$)*ING breathe it.

Controls?  Jump and hit Jump again to air-dash, both double-tap and Down+Jump are there for ground dashing, and Select for the ever-awesome Scramble Change.  That's as good as a GBC control scheme is ever going to get.

That's me though, the one who thinks MM is a million times better than OoT, and that not much compares to LttP -u-'
I don't, but I have to give credit where credit is due.  MM has BOSS REMATCHES, which is something Zelda desperately needs.  I have a save slot in TP for the full and sole purpose of challenging Stallord, for crying out loud.

Anyways, love TP's graphics style.  But the artwork?  Charming in its own way, but I think there's room for improvement.  It has this unrefined look to it, like MMZ1's mugshots.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: July 14, 2009, 09:53:32 PM
I know this should go into the random picture thread.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: July 14, 2009, 09:55:21 PM
I AM A MAN!

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: July 14, 2009, 09:56:12 PM
The Legend of He-Man? XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: July 14, 2009, 10:09:13 PM
I know this should go into the random picture thread.

FABULOUS secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my Master Sword and said...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: July 14, 2009, 10:16:53 PM
BY THE POWER OF THE TRIFORCE...

I HAVE THE COURAGE

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: July 14, 2009, 10:51:23 PM
*Blasts Navi with the energy from the Master Sword changing her into a 5'3" 36-24-36 woman fairy in revealing clothes.* XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: July 14, 2009, 10:53:16 PM
*Blasts Navi with the energy from the Master Sword changing her into a 5'3" 36-24-36 woman fairy in revealing clothes.* XD

Obviously, Cosmo ain't got nothing to do with his selection!