"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2817322

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13775 on: March 25, 2011, 03:18:56 AM
Lemme just clarify:

Exercise HELPS to keep a good mood. It vents out stress, it makes you less irritable, calms you down, and gets you ready for a normal healthy routine. Ends any sleep problems, pumps your body with some adrenaline, and makes you feel REALLY good.

Not just that. Exercise in general helps us feel like better people. It's pretty much the best hobby you can have, and it keeps any kind of depression, or lingering anxieties away. It's just your body, keeping itself busy, constantly pumping out more and more power, throwing out excess energy you keep tapped up during the day, so you can feel calm as a kitten when you get home, with a big smile on your face.

It changes people's lives. For the better, I might add.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13776 on: March 25, 2011, 03:21:52 AM
Hey Flash, you should work for these guys.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Php3wCLh_o[/youtube]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13777 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:59 AM
So basically you think exercising turns people into assholes, and changes people's moods to worse.

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my whole life.

Don't assume.  You know what that makes out of you and me.

I just said that it turns my brother into an [dark hold].  Others that I know who exercise are happy.  My brother is not.  He's an [dark hold].  Simple.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13778 on: March 25, 2011, 03:44:58 AM
Huh.
I myself am in serious need of exercise... however with my current condition, I'm afraid of dying if I start doing this [parasitic bomb] too seriously.
Really.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #13779 on: March 25, 2011, 03:49:34 AM
Whee~ Mom's fixing the scanner~

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #13780 on: March 25, 2011, 04:29:49 AM
I find that when I exercise I get sweaty and tired, not relaxed, not happy, just sweaty and tired. I can get sweaty from just playing any sort of game in my room. And I also have my main source of frustration there too.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13781 on: March 25, 2011, 04:36:23 AM
Ah ha! Perhaps you're not doing the right amount of exercise for your current state of fitness!

Maybe you can start off with something relaxing! Like yoga! Or skipping! I'm not even joking!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13782 on: March 25, 2011, 04:42:24 AM
I find that when I exercise I get sweaty and tired, not relaxed, not happy, just sweaty and tired. I can get sweaty from just playing any sort of game in my room. And I also have my main source of frustration there too.
You know when you try and sprint, but you're not used to running, so you get a pain on your side? Same thing. You're not really used to it. Effort's gonna make you tired and feeling like crap. It's important to follow a good scheme according to your weight, stature, body muscle/fat, and everything. And you know what's awesome? No source of frustration when you're running or weightlifting, unlike games. It's just you and the body, total control.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:43:58 AM by Quickman »

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #13783 on: March 25, 2011, 04:44:00 AM
New Comic Jam started, de arimasu!

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13784 on: March 25, 2011, 04:46:09 AM
So I've noticed.  I might join in on it, I might not.  Depends if I can think of anything for it.  Lately, though, I've been pretty strapped for ideas.  Here's hoping others join in on it, though.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #13785 on: March 25, 2011, 04:52:33 AM
Walking is great exercise.  I walk alot.  Keeps one's figure respectable and makes one's legs quite sexy and tones one's butt nicely.

I walk a lot during my free time at school with my classmates (if it's nice out and it's not winter) for like 30 minutes a day. Plus I have P.E. twice every week at. So is it safe to guess all that walking staved off some of the weight I could of been getting if I hadn't walked during school and kept my figure from getting any worse?

When its nice out I walk home.

But I really don't need exercise. I'm at a perfect weight for my age and height.

What I do need, on the other hand, is some upper body strength.

That, and some damn stamina. Guess somebody didn't feed me enough orange fruits that increase said stat. :P

You and I both. XD I wish had some better upper body strength and my stamina sucks. When I sprint during P.E., I can barely make 4-5 laps around the gym without running out of breath, although my teachers have me run for about 7 laps.

Man, all this talk about exercise makes me wish I could play DDR Mario Mix on my Wii again. The reason I can't play it anymore is because I got yelled at by my father for making noise as I dance my heart out on some of the harder songs in the game when I was played it on my older brother's GameCube ages ago.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #13786 on: March 25, 2011, 04:56:05 AM
There's always annoying the downstairs neighbors with Stepmania Nights.

Anywho, if I had some Tylenol to finally nuke this [tornado fang]ing headache, I'd prolly be in a far better mood.  But, I don't.  Oh well.  Dealt with it all day long, I can deal with it until I finally go to bed and sleep it off.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13787 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:35 AM
What are peardrop sweets?

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13788 on: March 25, 2011, 06:24:25 AM
To be perfectly honest, the reason I personally don't exercise is due to 2 reasons:

One, I don't care. XD

Two, because my ego is pretty insane as it is, but still kept somewhat in moderate control. If I had a glorious six-pack, bulging biceps, and essentially a bod like an Adonis, there'd really be no stopping my ego. The flexing, the kissing of the biceps, and so on. The double sterotypical whammy of the Black & Italian in me would just have a tank top field day with it.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #13789 on: March 25, 2011, 06:28:06 AM
I need to do some exercise to tighten my thighs and such, good thing I just got accpeted into college.  Although I wish I didn't suck at running.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13790 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:01 AM
To be perfectly honest, the reason I personally don't exercise is due to 2 reasons:

One, I don't care. XD

Two, because my ego is pretty insane as it is, but still kept somewhat in moderate control. If I had a glorious six-pack, bulging biceps, and essentially a bod like an Adonis, there'd really be no stopping my ego. The flexing, the kissing of the biceps, and so on. The double sterotypical whammy of the Black & Italian in me would just have a tank top field day with it.  8D
Got nothing to do with either, really. The Adonis bod is something so ridiculously hard to achieve. I know a guy who went all the way, spent a horrible amount of money in proteins and weights, completely got obcessed with his body, and exercised an amazing amount of hours every single day. This went on for years. His arms certainly got a bit bigger, but he didn't look different at all. When he flexed, I went "Oh, he's not that skinny anymore", but after that, he might have been the most physically fit person I knew, but he didn't look a wee bit different. Most stuff about your body is sadly genetic. You won't become Flex Mentallo if you start doing a daily exercise. The objective isn't that, and was never that. The amount of training to achieve a status you're talking about is ridiculous.

I'm just talking about leading a healthy lifestyle. Being able to do ALOT more things without getting tired. Looking the same as you get older. Being able to defend yourself if necessary. Feeling better, not about your body, buy overall better, happier and with the right chemicals going through you and not worrying about beer bellies or bad skin. Your day will seem like it has more hours, you'll gain more vitality and will be hungrier and more alert in general. Your senses themselves will feel like they're improved. Even your memory will be better. Feel like working a longer day? You won't feel tired about it. Any frustrations you have will either disappear or be easier to handle. And your mind in general will feel clearer.

Heck, the reason I exercise isn't even any of those, but I do welcome them. The reason I do, is so as I get older, I don't lose any of my faculties. So my memory stays the same, so I'm able to work as many hours as I do today, so I don't have to feel as if I'm getting more and more frail or tired, or more forgetful as I go. I already had a great self-esteem back when I didn't lift a muscle, it's not that. It's having a longer longevity of all things in general. Never feeling useless at anything, no matter how things go.

BTW, look like Genndy's moving to Sony Pictures Entertainment. As long as they give him a lead position and let him do his stuff, good for him.
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/network-of-cartoons.html

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13791 on: March 25, 2011, 11:09:09 AM
Dude are you always online man >_>

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13792 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:25 AM
Nope. Other post was last night, before going to sleep. Now I woke up, new post. I spend most of the day with net access both while I'm working and at university, so I'm online alot of time, yeah.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13793 on: March 25, 2011, 03:23:52 PM
Got nothing to do with either, really. The Adonis bod is something so ridiculously hard to achieve. I know a guy who went all the way, spent a horrible amount of money in proteins and weights, completely got obcessed with his body, and exercised an amazing amount of hours every single day. This went on for years. His arms certainly got a bit bigger, but he didn't look different at all. When he flexed, I went "Oh, he's not that skinny anymore", but after that, he might have been the most physically fit person I knew, but he didn't look a wee bit different. Most stuff about your body is sadly genetic. You won't become Flex Mentallo if you start doing a daily exercise. The objective isn't that, and was never that. The amount of training to achieve a status you're talking about is ridiculous.

I'm just talking about leading a healthy lifestyle. Being able to do ALOT more things without getting tired. Looking the same as you get older. Being able to defend yourself if necessary. Feeling better, not about your body, buy overall better, happier and with the right chemicals going through you and not worrying about beer bellies or bad skin. Your day will seem like it has more hours, you'll gain more vitality and will be hungrier and more alert in general. Your senses themselves will feel like they're improved. Even your memory will be better. Feel like working a longer day? You won't feel tired about it. Any frustrations you have will either disappear or be easier to handle. And your mind in general will feel clearer.

Heck, the reason I exercise isn't even any of those, but I do welcome them. The reason I do, is so as I get older, I don't lose any of my faculties. So my memory stays the same, so I'm able to work as many hours as I do today, so I don't have to feel as if I'm getting more and more frail or tired, or more forgetful as I go. I already had a great self-esteem back when I didn't lift a muscle, it's not that. It's having a longer longevity of all things in general. Never feeling useless at anything, no matter how things go.

BTW, look like Genndy's moving to Sony Pictures Entertainment. As long as they give him a lead position and let him do his stuff, good for him.
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/network-of-cartoons.html

Lol, that was a lengthy response to me being silly. XD

Actually, I have been meaning to work on my upper body a bit, but I have been eating a lot healthier lately and have gone down two pants size, and I feel great. What sucks is that it is really hard for me to do my favorite exercise; swimming.

I definitely do not get to swim enough.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13794 on: March 25, 2011, 03:29:06 PM
Lol, that was a lengthy response to me being silly. XD

Actually, I have been meaning to work on my upper body a bit, but I have been eating a lot healthier lately and have gone down two pants size, and I feel great. What sucks is that it is really hard for me to do my favorite exercise; swimming.

I definitely do not get to swim enough.
That's good. You seem to be in a decent shape from your pics. Swimming's always a problem without a public pool nearby or something. It is considered one of the best (if not the best) physical activity there is, mostly because it works on all of your muscles, it gets you used to a good posture, and it's good for your breathing in general. All of this would fit to a tee to me, having several breathing problems and living in one of the most coastal beachy countries ever. >_> But I'm too much of a [sonic slicer] to get over my hydrophobia.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13795 on: March 25, 2011, 03:50:41 PM
But I'm too much of a [sonic slicer] to get over my hydrophobia.
I know I'm just being a pedantic dicknose, but I'll just say it anyway:
It's not really a "phobia" until it reaches a point where the fear becomes irrational and interferes with normal living.
I'm talking "that humidifier will drown me" kind of irrational.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13796 on: March 25, 2011, 03:55:11 PM
I know I'm just being a pedantic dicknose, but I'll just say it anyway:
It's not really a "phobia" until it reaches a point where the fear becomes irrational and interferes with normal living.
I'm talking "that humidifier will drown me" kind of irrational.
It's a phobia. I got over the panic attacks when being splashed, regular bathing, and even partial swimming over the years though therapy since I was 6 or so. I can't stick my head underwater without a panic attack or passing out, though. And I get shivers when I go near a pool.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13797 on: March 25, 2011, 04:54:16 PM
It's a phobia. I got over the panic attacks when being splashed, regular bathing, and even partial swimming over the years though therapy since I was 6 or so. I can't stick my head underwater without a panic attack or passing out, though. And I get shivers when I go near a pool.
I see. Usually, phobias can't be just "gotten over", so I got confused.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13798 on: March 25, 2011, 05:12:34 PM
That's good. You seem to be in a decent shape from your pics. Swimming's always a problem without a public pool nearby or something. It is considered one of the best (if not the best) physical activity there is, mostly because it works on all of your muscles, it gets you used to a good posture, and it's good for your breathing in general. All of this would fit to a tee to me, having several breathing problems and living in one of the most coastal beachy countries ever. >_> But I'm too much of a [sonic slicer] to get over my hydrophobia.

Yeah, I'm in much better shape than I have been in a long time. This summer, if I can store my bike in my job (because it's a nice bike and I do NOT trust it outside), I'm hoping to bike back and forth to work every day the weather deems it okay to do so.

And yes, swimming is the best exercise for you because of all the reasons you mentioned, plus it's probably the most fun! I would try to find a gym that has a pool, but sadly this year is all about trying to save money, so a gym is an expense I can do without for now. That sucks about your phobia though.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #13799 on: March 25, 2011, 07:21:48 PM
I'm pretty much physically unable to gain weight. However, doing some training certainly helps keep me sane...ish. Due to genetics, my metabolism is far too high to allow for anything more than a mostly scrawny build.

As far as the word "normal" is concerned for people... I really don't think it exists beyond an ideal that people aspire to. We all have quirks that someone else wouldn't consider "normal".