• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: April 24, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
Really?

Which two items?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline prower42

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: April 24, 2011, 08:27:23 PM
Ice beam & maru mari

you can utilize the door glitch to enter Kraid's lair without bombs

and you can just skip Ridley by the reo in the statue room method

http://www.metroid2002.com/1/technical_demonstration_2_items_red_scarlet.php

but i think Red Scarlet kills Ridley instead of Kraid

EDIT:
also... remember this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYOPtEMfNpw[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: April 24, 2011, 09:47:04 PM
Ice beam & maru mari

Why do people call it the "Maru Mari"

Its called Morphball, goddamnit.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #103 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:41 PM
rockman

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #104 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:49 PM
Then again, Maru Mari is the Morphball's japanese name, like Koopa being Bowser's name in Japan, along with Noko Noko being the Koopa Troopa's japanese name too.

..Now we are getting off track here. Back to basics. Anyone expecting that Sega will just crap out on this game like Capcom did with Mega Man Universe?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: April 24, 2011, 11:20:22 PM
That's a stupid question.

And it was only called Maru Mari in Metroid 1. Every other game on it was Morph or Morphing Ball.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: April 25, 2011, 01:09:37 AM
That's a stupid question.

And it was only called Maru Mari in Metroid 1. Every other game on it was Morph or Morphing Ball.

Yeah well I'm a stickler for consistency, so I get frustrated when people say "Maru Mari" for Metroid 1 BUT go to calling it "Morph(ing) Ball" Metroid 2 and beyond. Its the same damn item so it gets the same damn name.

Back on topic, game looks damn smooth. Looking foward to Classic Gameplay.

On another note, seeing as they brought the Signpost back for Classic, I can assume they're using a Giant Ring for Modern?

Red Rings look like they're making a comeback, Classic and Modern Super Sonic unlockable? Or are they just there to collect for no reason?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: April 25, 2011, 04:41:20 AM
There BETTER be Super Sonic. I'd kill to have playable classic Super Sonic.

Anyone expecting that Sega will just crap out on this game like Capcom did with Mega Man Universe?
What ever makes you think that? I cant recall Sega EVER doing that with Sonic. In fact, only game that ever happened with to my recollection, was X-treme, and hat was due to time constraints and shenanigans between Sega US and Sega Japan.

Usually, and ESPECIALLY with modern Sonic team, they know the Sonic fanbase, despite all their bitching, will ALWAYS buy their games. Sonic games make Sega good money, good or bad.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: April 25, 2011, 05:32:55 AM
Has anything been said about other characters? (For the classic stages)

It would be kickass to play as Knux and Tails again. And believe it or not, i found playing as Super/Turbo Tails far more fun than Super Sonic. Nothing was better than having little flickies destroying baddies around you. Hyper Sonic was an absolute blast to use as well (double-jump flash FTW). But they haven't used him or the other transformations since S3&K. I want that to change, and at the same time not really expecting it to.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: April 25, 2011, 05:48:16 AM
hyper Sonic can only appear if the Super emeralds are around, and I doubt they will be. In fact, they seem to be reusing the red ring system instead. Although, who knows, maybe we will have special stages.

Actually, i just had a mindblowing thought. playing Sonic 2 style special stages with modern Sonic gameplay. *shivers* it would be almost like the Sonic Heroes special stages, only better.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: April 25, 2011, 06:00:44 AM
hyper Sonic can only appear if the Super emeralds are around, and I doubt they will be. In fact, they seem to be reusing the red ring system instead. Although, who knows, maybe we will have special stages.

Who says they have to replicate that rule? Just add it in as an easter egg for the fans.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: April 25, 2011, 12:41:04 PM
Or a functional equivalent with a different back story?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: April 25, 2011, 02:59:12 PM

Actually, i just had a mindblowing thought. playing Sonic 2 style special stages with modern Sonic gameplay. *shivers* it would be almost like the Sonic Heroes special stages, only better.

What is it with Sonic 2's special stages and people thinking that they, along with Sonic 2 in general, are the top [parasitic bomb] in Sonic games? I hate those damn things, mainly because Tail's AI is on a two second delay, Bombs pop out of nowhere (Rings too), and the whole damn thing is MEMORIZATION (The Saturn 3D Blast stages are far more fun, less memorization and more enjoyability). The S3 ones are kinda memorization but thats mainly getting the route you wanna take down, and that's easy.

Sonic 3/S&K's Special stages need a comeback, those were better.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: April 25, 2011, 03:16:39 PM
I loved Sonic 2's special stages. I thought they were fun.

Sonic 3's were fun, (collect the blue spheres) but it got really frustrating sometimes. The bonus stage with the gumball machine I hated.

I liked Sonic 1's special stages though. (which I seem to be in the minority on)

I just like what Sonic heroes did with the Sonic 2 style special stages, (AKA about boosting) and I think it would be fun to play through stages like that, but actually meant for a gameplaystyle that USES boosting.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #114 on: April 25, 2011, 04:20:56 PM
I'm sorry, but no special stage compares to the ones in 3D Blast (Saturn).  These look more fun than the actual games for crying out loud:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np76lPXKfCo[/youtube]

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: April 25, 2011, 10:28:49 PM
I'm sorry, but no special stage compares to the ones in 3D Blast (Saturn).  These look more fun than the actual games for crying out loud:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np76lPXKfCo[/youtube]

(The Saturn 3D Blast stages are far more fun, less memorization and more enjoyability).

Looks like you have a follower in that statement, but to be honest I liked the Saturn 3D Blast overall, it was much more fun than the Genesis version with its upgraded graphics, new special stages, and [tornado fang]ing AWESOME MUSIC. (Though I will say the Genesis version did have some good songs in Diamond Dust, Green Grove 1, Panic Puppet, the boss themes. Spring Stadium, Volcano Valley, and Rusty Ruin killed me, those themes didn't seem to work so well, in a different game they would've felt ok, but they (Spring Stadium in particular) killed my enthusiasm to play the game, the ending music sounded like... sad too, like somebody died or something.) [/rant]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:28 AM
Or a functional equivalent with a different back story?

I see no reason to change it up. Hyper is part of Sonic's history and worked well, there's no need to add a new "spin" on it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: April 26, 2011, 12:51:30 AM
Give it another way of existing then. If these red rings you speak of can cause super sonic, why not some green rings causing hyper sonic...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #118 on: April 26, 2011, 04:01:47 AM
I'd say unlock Super with a partial red ring completion and Hyper for 100%.

In all honesty, though, I *HATED* the red-ring mechanic.  Sonic is simply not the gameplay style where "search for out-of-the-way-trinkets" works; as awesome as Super Sonic in Colors was I got very, very frustrated on my way there.

But they haven't used him or the other transformations since S3&K. I want that to change, and at the same time not really expecting it to.
There's a club for that.  It's called, "Everybody", they meet at the bar.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: April 26, 2011, 04:22:11 AM
Ummm....can these "red" rings be "golden" like in Sonic Advance 2? Pweeease? ^^

Home sweet home

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #120 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:27 AM
The purpose of that would be?

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:01 AM
The purpose of that would be?
Well, besides the use people are coming up for them.....so they arent red? Lol

Home sweet home

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #122 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
I suppose the color doesn't really matter. But it would likely be better to keep them a different color to distinct them from normal rings, and if they're included, the numbered rings.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: April 26, 2011, 06:40:20 AM
Ummm....can these "red" rings be "golden" like in Sonic Advance 2? Pweeease? ^^

And remind people of that horrible [tornado fang]ing game?  >^<

Just thinking about Sonic Advance 2 makes me want to scream. I'm glad the recent games haven't been made by Dimpshits. Sonic Advance 1, 3 and Sonic Rush were OK, if only because the Special Stages were actually not bad. (Not including SAdv1's Special Stages, those suck)and the levels were solidly built (As in, not BOTTOMLESS PITS EVERYWHERE, ok, SAdv3 had that in spades, but it was easier to avoid them and you didn't fall for miles all the time.) Sonic Advance 2 though, all they cared about was speed and making it almost impossible to get those damn rings, the game isn't the least bit fun, the music is ok, but thats it.

Haven't played Rush Adventure, So I cannot comment on it.

But honestly, I don't see where this praise Dimps' games get is actually deserved (Well, Adv3 and Adv1 its fine, same with Rush. Just not Adv2 or Unwiished.) Its like with Sonic 2 and MegaMan 2, I can't see where they are better than the 3rd installments, which with Sonic 3, is my favorite of the Genesis games, and with MM3, my favorite classic series game. Sonic 2, yeah its fun, but I put it on a list of Sonic games that I don't like (Because of 3 things: Those damn coconuts monkeys ALWAYS getting me AFTER I kill them. RIGHT BEFORE GETTING TO A SPECIAL STAGE. 2: The Special Stage and its memorization required. 3: Tails was just damn worthless, no Flying, retarded in special stages, he didn't do [parasitic bomb], thankfully they fixed that in S3.) [/rant 2]

Hey look, another angry rant. Probably should revive the "[sonic slicer] about Sonic" thread.

Haha, funny. I say Advance 2 is a horrible game, but 06 is just OK. Talk about plain wierd.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: April 26, 2011, 07:12:59 AM
And remind people of that horrible [tornado fang]ing game?  >^<

I stopped reading here.

There's a club for that.  It's called, "Everybody", they meet at the bar.

Izuka: *laughs*