The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 418261

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Preorder confirmed!  owob

I think I'll name one of my Pidgey's "Preorder"  8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Just got back to read thing this thread and I--

HOLY [tornado fang]. Typhlosion following behind me confirmed. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
probably not much, Linoone can be anywhere on the list to pick up stuff, and odds are it will still pick up better items than whatever pokemon is following you. The higher the level, the better items Linoone got.
Yes, but the thing is, if Linoone is the lead Pokemon, will the items it picks up be due to his Pickup ability, or items ala Amity Square?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Screw Typhlosion. I'll stick with my Quilava.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT, RPM. Stop being god damn ninjas.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Screw Typhlosion. I'll stick with my Quilava.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT, RPM. Stop being god damn ninjas.
I don´t even know how to pronouce Typhlosion  -_- .....so I gave mine a nickname  :P

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Quote from: PokéBeach
The official Japanese Pokemon website has revealed better-quality images of HeartGold and SoulSilver's Johto map and box art in addition to a new image of Ecruteak City. No new information was revealed on the website, though we can now see that there is a new, fairly large chunk of land to the west of Cianwood City (Johto's Battle Frontier?), a new building west of Goldenrod City next to the Radio Tower, and a small new area west of National Park.

PokéWalker info:
For one, there are currently four known PokeWalker courses, each of which will have different Pokemon that you can encounter and then transfer to HeartGold and SoulSilver. They are called "Refreshing Field," "Noisy Forest," "Rugged Path," and "Edge of the Night Sky," the latter being the one that the McDonalds Jirachi unlocks once traded over to the two games (side-note: The Jirachi will also be downloadable via Wi-Fi to people with the Japanese games). The default courses are the first two, and to unlock the Rugged Path field you need to take an unconfirmed 1,000 steps. Presumably, the more steps you take with the PokeWalker, the more fields you will unlock, and the more wild Pokemon you can encounter. To encounter a wild Pokemon, you use the PokeWalker's built-in PokeRadar, which will detect wild Pokemon and then allow your Pokemon to battle it. You can also use the PokeWalker's Item Finder to find hidden items, just like in the main games. To use both items requires a certain amount of watts, or steps taken.

Also:
both Lugia and Ho-Oh are confirmed to be capturable in both games, just like in the original Gold and Silver.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Was looking at this...
That is one beautiful image of Ecruteak City.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Was looking at this...

Because I told you. >_>
And I agree.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Yeah, yeah. >_>

More for speculation on the 3 new areas!
Ready? GO!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Yes, but the thing is, if Linoone is the lead Pokemon, will the items it picks up be due to his Pickup ability, or items ala Amity Square?

A combination of both maybe. Doesn't Linoone actually hold onto the item with Pickup and Pokemon in Amity Square just hand them over to you?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Nope, you must "talk" to the Pokemon in order to get the item it holds in Amity Square.
So, it holds on to it until you "talk" to it, just like Pickup.

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Was looking at this...

Ecruteak?... is Kyoto! XD LOL

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Nope, you must "talk" to the Pokemon in order to get the item it holds in Amity Square.
So, it holds on to it until you "talk" to it, just like Pickup.

I think Pickup just lets the Pokemon hold on to it, but I don't know if the Pokemon actually holds onto the item like in Amity square though. I never bothered going there, so I don't know if they have an actual physical hold on the item like with Pickup.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
I know I'm late, but:

- All 493 Pokemon can follow you around, you can see Steelix and Wobbuffet following the trainers in the scans
F)*(#&$^% YEAH!  Game is sold (as if the promise of a Kanto Gym Leader remix wasn't enough).  I get to show off my DRAGONITE POWER at all times. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
I think Pickup just lets the Pokemon hold on to it, but I don't know if the Pokemon actually holds onto the item like in Amity square though. I never bothered going there, so I don't know if they have an actual physical hold on the item like with Pickup.
Well, I telling you now.
It holds on to the item in Amity Square, I always go there to pick up the berries and accessories. >0<

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Finally, something other than screenshots. but boy are they crazy in that video.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
It looks like the new area in the video is called, "Shinto Iseki"... I don't know what Shinto translates to (if anything... God, maybe? Some with better moonrune knowledge help me here. :P) but the latter is obviously Ruins.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
My frothing demand for his game intensifies. XD

Also, that Ecruteak City picture is gorgeous.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
It looks like the new area in the video is called, "Shinto Iseki"... I don't know what Shinto translates to (if anything... God, maybe? Some with better moonrune knowledge help me here. :P) but the latter is obviously Ruins.

Shinto, in itself, means "Way of the Gods".

If Palkia and his pimps are indeed involved, then, yeah, it's a fitting name for that place.

But any way...what music I heard was enough to make me squeal in delight. Oh, yeah....  owob

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile

Wikipedia to the rescue:

Shinto (神道, Shintō?) is the name ascribed to the non-Buddhist religious practices of Japan. The word Shinto ("Way of the Gods") was adopted from the written Chinese (神道),[1] combining two kanji: "shin" (神?), meaning gods or spirits (originally from the Chinese word shen); and "tō" (道?), or "do" meaning a philosophical path or study (originally from the Chinese word tao). The terms Kami no michi and kannagara can also be used and the meanings are very similar.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Hmm... Notched-Ear Pichu knows Volt Tackle, and Pain Split...
And seeing Arceus walking behind... >0<

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
You know what I'm expecting? Move tutors that are going to end up changing the meta game AGAIN and send the whole thing into chaos. Think about it, Platinum sent Scizor straight to the OU and several others into the UU or lower, and Dragonite was no longer the only one that could do Dragon Dance AND Outrage, so it pretty much gave it the middle finger even moreso. They'll probably do something else as well, probably give several Pokemon that couldn't learn Dragon Dance or Mach Punch before those moves, and god knows what else.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I'm expecting the metagame to stay exactly the same, just like it always does when new games come out.

srsly dude we can work this stuff out on our own.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Both are correct.  The metagame will change since the moves change, but it'll always remain the same: A bunch of incessant whining about which way is the "proper" way to play. 

and Dragonite was no longer the only one that could do Dragon Dance AND Outrage, so it pretty much gave it the middle finger even moreso.

Platinum may have handed out Outrage to his competitors, but it also gave Dragonite Superpower.  When the only thing you can't STAB Outrage into oblivion is Steel, that's not something to be overlooked.

Still hoping we'll see the return of Extremespeed Dragonite, though, but seeings how they already said FU to Crystal with the whole female player shpiel, I'm not all that hopeful.  We'll see.  Either way, I'm buying this game.  G/S music remixes and any Pokemon following you is just too damn awesome to pass up.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)