Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1061716

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23325 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:20 AM
Okay, quick poll.

Who here has seen Legend?  I always thought it was a classic, and was excited to find the director's cut.  But, my half-brother and sis-in-law don't remember it at all, and a couple other people I know don't know anything about it.  Is it really that obscure?  Am I such a big dork as to think it was a classic?  I don't understand why there are people in my age group who haven't seen Legend.

It had Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness!
Never seen it. I only know Tim Curry's one line "even now, the evil seed of what you've done germinates within you" after its use in some dumb video.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #23326 on: August 28, 2014, 06:01:48 AM
I misread that as "Layton/Wright shipping" and wondered if you had happened across some fanart and needed to snark just to get such images out of your head. 8D
Nope.

I can easily get those kinds of images out of my head.

The stuff I can't get out of my head easily is the stuff that makes me either physically ill or mildly terrified.

Anyway, I recall Phi talking about how the boxart for Cap 2 looked awful (Being generic Angry/constipated looking dude by himself doing something action-y on an empty background and all). This is true and all, but I just don't like most american boxart at all it seems. Most DVDs look [tornado fang]ing lazy (literally just the movie poster or something with all the crap at the bottom cut out, while the Blu-Ray get some fancier box with a new image or whatever), everything has goddamn borders, its so ugly.

DVD cases these days are cheap as hell too, they're like the flimsiest plastic ever, not helped by having the [tornado fang]ing Recycling logo cut out to be all "Economically friendly" or whatever, they feel like they don't do the job of protecting the disks inside.

Anyway, I got way off point here. I was looking at the boxes for the US Ghibli Blu-rays, and on top they have a border to signify that its Blu-Ray (because americans are retarded apparently and can't tell that the case is smaller, bluer, and ALREADY [tornado fang]ing SAYS BLU-RAY ON IT), they additionally have TWO MORE [tornado fang]ing BANNERS on it, pushing the nice artwork into a much smaller space than it deserves.

Its like Graphic design is lost on people who make coverart in the US, [tornado fang].

edit: i love having to re-edit posts because i'm an idiot who can't read.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23327 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:56 AM
Okay, quick poll.

Who here has seen Legend?  I always thought it was a classic, and was excited to find the director's cut.  But, my half-brother and sis-in-law don't remember it at all, and a couple other people I know don't know anything about it.  Is it really that obscure?  Am I such a big dork as to think it was a classic?  I don't understand why there are people in my age group who haven't seen Legend.

It had Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness!

Legend is [chameleon sting]ing AWESOME. Love that movie. The visuals are simply breathtaking, and it was a pretty great adventure movie! And yeah, Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness is perfect!!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23328 on: August 28, 2014, 08:34:08 AM
I'm sure that once I start the movie, it'll jog my half-brother's memory.  It's a classic!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23329 on: August 28, 2014, 08:37:30 AM
I also have the director's cut DVD of that movie!  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #23330 on: August 28, 2014, 08:43:14 AM
I think I'm done farming for Hidden Ability Dittos, might try to get more tomorrow.  I was hoping against hope that I would somehow find a shiny Teddiursa just so can say I have a green Care Bear but of course it didn't happen.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23331 on: August 28, 2014, 08:49:45 AM
I should go farm for Imposter Dittos.

And Lavinnia the mutant Hypno has completed her Super-Training.  Yay!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23332 on: August 28, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

I really cannot wait for this show!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23333 on: August 28, 2014, 08:56:16 AM
Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

I priced Rokus at Wal-mart and I can pick one up for $40.

Annnnd... swapped the Shell Bell for Leftovers.  Might soon be time to start setting Lavinnia up with her Nasty Plot/Psychic combo.  Not sure what to put in the other two slots, though.  She's using Hypnosis/Dream Eater, Dazzling Gleam, and Shadow Ball.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23334 on: August 28, 2014, 09:02:56 AM
I really wish I had the stretching abilities of a cat.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23335 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:09 AM
Quickie, you totally should binge watch Arrow when you get that Roku box.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23336 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:27 AM
You know I've wondered why they hadn't done this sooner.

Still, good to know I'll be able to play X4/X5 on the go. Now if X6 came out that would be even better.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23337 on: August 28, 2014, 09:19:37 AM
You really want X6.......?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23338 on: August 28, 2014, 10:04:04 AM
i like x6

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23339 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:03 AM
Gah, I should go to bed.  I'm getting tired.  Finally got all that caffeine out of my system.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #23340 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:23 AM
i like x6
don't worry i like x6 also

but then again i'm completely insane because i kinda like x7. not much, but i did have a small amount of fun with it, believe it or not

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23341 on: August 28, 2014, 10:40:26 AM
Threw a pic on Tumblr.  Now I can go to bed.  Enjoy a mockup for a project I never completed.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #23342 on: August 28, 2014, 05:49:36 PM
X6 is still the only Mega Man game I own a physical copy of and I'm not sure why.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23343 on: August 28, 2014, 06:42:44 PM
Layton vs. Wright is shipping.

Oh boy oh boy.

I'm assuming my copy will ship out tomorrow, since the release date is 8/29. You're lucky it shipped out a day early.

How far did you make it in the Ace Attorney series, anyway?

Anyway, I recall Phi talking about how the boxart for Cap 2 looked awful (Being generic Angry/constipated looking dude by himself doing something action-y on an empty background and all). This is true and all, but I just don't like most american boxart at all it seems. Most DVDs look [tornado fang]ing lazy (literally just the movie poster or something with all the crap at the bottom cut out, while the Blu-Ray get some fancier box with a new image or whatever), everything has goddamn borders, its so ugly.

DVD cases these days are cheap as hell too, they're like the flimsiest plastic ever, not helped by having the [tornado fang]ing Recycling logo cut out to be all "Economically friendly" or whatever, they feel like they don't do the job of protecting the disks inside.

Anyway, I got way off point here. I was looking at the boxes for the US Ghibli Blu-rays, and on top they have a border to signify that its Blu-Ray (because americans are retarded apparently and can't tell that the case is smaller, bluer, and ALREADY [tornado fang]ing SAYS BLU-RAY ON IT), they additionally have TWO MORE [tornado fang]ing BANNERS on it, pushing the nice artwork into a much smaller space than it deserves.

Its like Graphic design is lost on people who make coverart in the US, [tornado fang].

edit: i love having to re-edit posts because i'm an idiot who can't read.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that cases have been getting cheaper and cheaper. At least they're not meant to be fumbled around with; just put 'em on a shelf for the sake of a collection.

Honestly, for the blu-ray thing, I guarantee you many older adults and parents would confuse the DVD boxes with Blu-ray, if not for the constant labeling. I'm not defending it, but I know some old(er) folks would be oblivious to the differences and buy the wrong thing.

And the movie industry needs to revert back to a time where posters made sense, were artistic and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23344 on: August 28, 2014, 10:57:09 PM
I'm assuming my copy will ship out tomorrow, since the release date is 8/29. You're lucky it shipped out a day early.

How far did you make it in the Ace Attorney series, anyway?
I'm not lucky, its release-day delivery.

As for Ace Attorney, still on JFA. I've got a bunch of other games to work on too. I'm mainly buying Wright vs. Layton now so I don't have to potentially miss out on a physical copy.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that cases have been getting cheaper and cheaper. At least they're not meant to be fumbled around with; just put 'em on a shelf for the sake of a collection.

Honestly, for the blu-ray thing, I guarantee you many older adults and parents would confuse the DVD boxes with Blu-ray, if not for the constant labeling. I'm not defending it, but I know some old(er) folks would be oblivious to the differences and buy the wrong thing.

And the movie industry needs to revert back to a time where posters made sense, were artistic and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Trust me, I've seen people go "I thought this was blah blah blah" because they grabbed the 3D version instead of the regular blu-ray. Never older people though, always younger dumbfucks.

And at the same time, I see DVDs go without a banner at the top that says 'DVD' on it (Some do, but not all of them.)

I just wish more things came with reversible covers, you can have your shitty advertising cover on the front, and one with more proper artwork on the back of that.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23345 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:02 PM
*Sigmarapeface, why do I like it so much XD*

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23346 on: August 29, 2014, 01:36:43 AM
"Dream Eaters Anonymous" was mentioned in an RP.  I'll let you guys imagine what rock-bottom for that would be.

And apparently I needed a lot of sleep as I slept all damn day.  Whatever.  Still getting over my cold, so I have an excuse.  My nose was nothing but snot earlier anyway.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23347 on: August 29, 2014, 02:47:15 AM
I'm not lucky, its release-day delivery.

As for Ace Attorney, still on JFA. I've got a bunch of other games to work on too. I'm mainly buying Wright vs. Layton now so I don't have to potentially miss out on a physical copy.

JFA is the worst in the series (dat last case though), hurry up with that and move on to T&T, the far superior game... once you've done some of those other games, of course. I understand having backlog issues, I'm in one right now.

And huh, I didn't know you were getting vs. for the same reason as myself.

Trust me, I've seen people go "I thought this was blah blah blah" because they grabbed the 3D version instead of the regular blu-ray. Never older people though, always younger dumbfucks.

That's just sad.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #23348 on: August 29, 2014, 02:50:29 AM
So I lost my lighter, and went to look under my bed for one in case one was there.

Found $9 instead. That worked out well.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #23349 on: August 29, 2014, 02:53:53 AM
Now you can buy many lighters! 8D

I have about three.  One was bought for lighting incense, the second was left here by my smoking mom, and the third was bought to light candles.