X8. I didnt like it all that much.

Flame · 58208

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: September 21, 2009, 05:18:47 AM
Yet he somehow manages to still have an extra gigantic scary body. Seriously, Terminator Sigma was the most terrifying Sigma yet. It blew multiple solid colored heads Sigma out of the water.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: September 21, 2009, 06:11:50 AM
Plus the fact that his body was not finished, largely, and his mind was fragmented at best, as Hypershell said, from not having a proper recovery, and being pulled out of pure ultimate death. In an incomplete body. And was hastily awakened by Gate upon his defeat.

Makes me wonder if X9 (If it ever comes to fruition) will use some sort of asspulling to bring Sigma back again.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: September 21, 2009, 10:32:21 AM
How about Sigma's bones are scattered all over the world for some reason, so you have to collect all the bones, so you can resurrect Sigma, so you can kill him again.  Does that sound like a good game story plan?

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: September 21, 2009, 10:38:37 AM
What bones?

Also, lol ripping off other games.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #129 on: September 21, 2009, 06:45:40 PM
Maybe he made a backup of his mind.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: September 21, 2009, 08:04:44 PM
How about Sigma's bones are scattered all over the world for some reason, so you have to collect all the bones, so you can resurrect Sigma, so you can kill him again.  Does that sound like a good game story plan?
Weapon orbs a la Mega Man 1 have returned, and you have to throw a knife at the robot masters' them, but the game tells you this nowhere.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: September 21, 2009, 08:19:41 PM
Atleast you don´t have to kneel down in front of a waterfall....

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: September 22, 2009, 12:42:25 AM
I still think requiring parts for unarmoured X runs in X6 is stupid. Not undoable, or difficult to figure out, but just flat out annoying that you can't finish everywhere in the game vanilla. They could have easily done it in one way or the other so that you could get by vanilla (ie. no parts equipped) if you thought it out hard enough, but that isn't the case. That's my only gripe with X6, really. In 100% runs it really is enjoyable. Certainly more so than X5 in it's entirety, at any rate.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: September 22, 2009, 01:04:20 AM
My main gripe with X6 so far is Metal Shark Player's stage. Damn ceiling.

Also, what plot holes did Issoc introduce? Did his very existence invalidate something? Because I never saw any.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: September 22, 2009, 01:18:33 AM
After you've played it enough, Player's stage isn't hard at all.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: September 22, 2009, 02:50:35 AM
I still think requiring parts for unarmoured X runs in X6 is stupid. Not undoable, or difficult to figure out, but just flat out annoying that you can't finish everywhere in the game vanilla.
Then X1 is annoying too, because you're forced to pick up those boot attachments before you're done!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:11 AM
And a Buster upgrade.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: September 22, 2009, 04:53:18 AM
Oh gee whiz. Why didn't they let you hop over all that?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: September 22, 2009, 05:38:10 AM
Yeah, you're forced to take the upgrades... but you're never forced to use them. In X6, you're not forced to take them, but you sure as hell need them in certain spots.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: September 22, 2009, 05:45:46 AM
Atleast you don´t have to kneel down in front of a waterfall....
Oh you do. X remembered his knees again.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 05:48:58 AM
In X6, you're not forced to take them, but you sure as hell need them in certain spots.

Like the Magnet Beam.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: September 22, 2009, 07:26:17 AM
Haha, nice mate there.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #142 on: September 23, 2009, 01:42:09 AM
Indeed.

To add to that, in any other MegaMan game there's the advantage of no fewer than 8 upgrades being unavoidable; try beating MM1 without Super Arm.  Or 8 without Thunder Claw.  Or MM&B without Ice Wall.  In X6, NOTHING is absolutely required.  There are always multiple solutions and never is one single item necessary, but absolutely nothing in the game short of Falcon Armor is unavoidable either.  You know what we call that?  Open.  Some people just can't handle it.

but you're never forced to use them.
When were we given the option to cap our charge level?  'cuz I missed that part.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:18 AM
Indeed.

To add to that, in any other MegaMan game there's the advantage of no fewer than 8 upgrades being unavoidable; try beating MM1 without Super Arm.  Or 8 without Thunder Claw.  Or MM&B without Ice Wall.  In X6, NOTHING is required.  Literally.  There are always multiple solutions and never is one single item necessary, but absolutely nothing in the game short of Falcon Armor is unavoidable either.  You know what we call that?  Open.  Some people just can't handle it.
When were we given the option to cap our charge level?  'cuz I missed that.
I was talking about the X series exclusively, where one doesn't really need the use of any upgrade to advance normally, except for X6. While it's true that you don't need the use of any one single item exclusively, the fact is that you still need one. Or two, in some cases. I have no issue with the open gameplay... but it isn't perfect. I still think you shouldn't have the need of any part whatsoever. If it were as open as you say, then there would be the option of no upgrades whatsoever.

As for the charging in X1, it's called shooting before it hits the last charge point, which isn't too difficult. Leads to some less than intuitive moments at times (I tend to like having my charge ready at all times), but it is doable.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #144 on: September 23, 2009, 02:16:59 AM
try beating MM1 without Super Arm.

Visit Elec Man's stage again, use Thunder Beam on the blocks to the Magnet Beam. Use buster on CWU-01P. ^^

What you mean is, without visiting a stage two times. You should be more specific next time. >v<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: September 23, 2009, 02:51:37 AM
BURN!!!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: September 23, 2009, 04:26:15 AM
MM&B without Ice Wall.
have you even play R&F?
you can get through every section that would need ice wall with forte >.>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: September 23, 2009, 04:49:37 AM
Honestly, who plays with Megaman in that game unless they want to get 100% on the disks?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:38 AM
I do. His regain health while standing still ability makes him good for folding GBAs on the go. Or one can play the game in not retarded easy mode with Bass. Love him though I do, he's a bit overpowered. Fun, but not for as long as Mega Man, at least, until you can be as proficient with both. My days of not raping the bullshit out of MM&B are long since past.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: September 23, 2009, 05:50:55 AM
Visit Elec Man's stage again, use Thunder Beam on the blocks to the Magnet Beam. Use buster on CWU-01P. ^^

What you mean is, without visiting a stage two times. You should be more specific next time. >v<
Haha, I discussed this on Confuse Reviews just last night too.

Then again, you could also get the Magnet Beam without using any weapons if you can do the Up+Down trick to zip into the wall!