The Gonzo has art.

The Great Gonzo · 777896

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1250 on: October 16, 2009, 03:43:42 AM
:) Still wish Kaitlin didn't delete everything in her gallery twice...

This is the fellow mentioned earlier. Wuxa, the seventh child on Destiny Island--who almost no-one remembers because he drowned when they were very young. Except...he didn't, apparently. Wuxa doesn't remember anything in between walking down the beach and suddenly ending up "somewhere else", but Kairi and Riku remember the adults finding his corpse quite clearly--so what the hell's going on?

Wuxa doesn't have a weapon of any kind, instead relying on what can only be described as psychokinesis (that he says someone gave to him, rather than something he developed). He's very friendly, especially to Sora (who was only two when Wuxa vanished), but when it seems like things are getting even slightly out of hand, Wuxa begins panicking and doing whatever he can to set it right, even if his actions will only make things worse.

Despite the prominent X in his name, Wuxa was never associated with ORGXIII.

Sora's mom and dad, back when they lived on the Destiny Islands. While they're still alive, they don't remember their son, or anything about the other residents' past lives.

Gil, Anderson, and Eli are three of Sora's schoolmates. Anderson became interested in Sora after overhearing a conversation between him and the administration about Sora's parents (why he wasn't living with them), and convinced his pals Gil and Eli to try and help him out. They haven't been very successful, but they're still trying.

One day, while Sora was elsewhere during break, dark creatures descended upon the school. Gil and Anderson attempted to fight them off until Sora arrived, wielding some kind of key-sword...

Anderson is a very determined individual, and strong at that; no matter what, he will not stop until his goals are met. Gil is quiet, though her tendency to make inappropriate comments about people tends to alienate them. Eli has studied the "unknown" ever since he was young; his absence during the attack did not go unnoticed...

Plus some mammalbot.

* Rock has three distinct hairstyles in the Complete Works series: his regular bushy/messy hair (MM4), slightly messier hair (MM5), and a haircut (MM6). That style only slightly resembles his MM6 hair, because I didn't have references (d'oh!).

For a time, Set 2 was able to move about freely. No one suspected them.

From left to right: Bubble, Wood, Heat, Flash, Quick, Air, Crash, Metal. I tried to reflect their personalities in their clothes (like Crash's plain ensemble; I can't imagine he'd care too much about his clothes).

I wanted to draw Rock and Quint together, then it expanded into this. Megawoman, Megaman Shadow, Rock, Quint, and Blues, all...standing around, I guess.

Shadow kept looking like RS-Mega until I checked Ariga's sketch of Rock (I based Shadow's appearance off of him); Quint's attire was lifted from a fic of ~RandyPandy's, from memory.

I think it'd be interesting if, instead of meeting face-to-face, Rock and Megawoman communicated over dimensions (since there's already a few dimension-hoppers in NINE).

Posted on: October 16, 2009, 12:40:23 AM
Some scraps:

A group shot that was never finished.
Jazz gets caught doing...something.
oh God wat
The original concept/poster thing for my version of Megaman 9. GMR, a defunct gaming magazine, gave me the idea to draw it.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1251 on: October 16, 2009, 08:32:02 AM
I like the MM2 Masters in civilian clothes.
Cool update as always. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1252 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:07 PM
Thanks. :)

That's how I'll be separating Capcom's Megaman 9 from my conception of how it'd play out.

Everyone says hi.

Posted on: October 17, 2009, 06:02:44 PM

A.K.A. "Radix Can't Draw Circles". Based off the emblems for the Princesses of Heart.

Rock isn't a Nobody, but he's tied to one of them. That's all I can say without spoilering a story I haven't written yet (and dunno if I could finish if I did get around to it).

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1253 on: October 18, 2009, 12:40:40 AM
Wow that is rad!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1254 on: October 18, 2009, 12:46:45 AM
What? It is? I don't see the resemblance.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1255 on: October 18, 2009, 12:56:12 AM
Lol, I should've known.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1256 on: October 18, 2009, 01:17:48 AM
I'm a lurker. 8D  <3

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1257 on: October 18, 2009, 06:58:01 AM
Now I'm interested in this story of yours... bVd

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1258 on: October 19, 2009, 05:10:39 AM
No guarantees that I can write/finish it, but if I do, it's definitely getting posted.

A group shot of the Mercs, plus Bladey (who bailed out before Mega fought his buddies. Looking back at my original description, Nuclear and Blade shouldn't be in the group at the same time. Oops. Brief reunion, maybe?). Frustratingly, not all my markers matched up with their original colours.

L to R: Shockman, Gasman, Blademan, Yaseiman, Kikenman, Crescendo, Vortexman, Nuclearman, and Uni.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1259 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:18 AM
No guarantees that I can write/finish it, but if I do, it's definitely getting posted.
Alright. :3

And mmm... More robots to steal admire...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1260 on: October 20, 2009, 02:54:50 AM
XD

Did Organization XIII get their hearts back?

Yes and no. This has to do with Hojo, and his actions in Kingdom Hearts (though Vexen was a similar character, I think); it's an idea I've been throwing around.

Hojo comes across the remains of ORGXIII while conducting research for another project. He learns that ORGXIII was composed entirely of people who lost their hearts, and begins to wonder if it's possible to restore them.

He spends the good part of a year collecting data on the individual members (including Xion), careful to make it as accurate as possible. The data goes into reconstructing their hearts; however, Hojo is forced to omit some details, such as Axel's betrayal, to keep harmony within the group if the experiment is a success.

And it is; ORGXIII reawakens, this time "complete". Most ecstatic at their new state, they thank Hojo; all he asks is that they stay by him, in case something goes wrong.

There are many problems with this, however.

For starters, Hojo's data was off. Most of ORGXIII have been left with inaccurate or false memories. Their powers are gone, as well; Hojo claimed that he couldn't reconstruct them no matter how hard he tried. Hojo didn't seem to be aware of the existence of Nobodies, either, as ORGXIII are now clones of their Somebodies, which wasn't their goal.

Finally, they're still evil. And they remember what Sora did to them...

Bleh. (And NO 358/2 DAYS SPOILERS. I'll probably have to modify this after playing that, I think, but I'd like to play it first.) I really just wanted to draw ORGXIII in something other than those leather jackets, before it spawned a plotbunny. Some of them were drawn sans references, like Zexion and Lexaeaus (whose hairstyles are screwed up). I regret putting all the pretty boys in the front, but the less pretty boys are taller.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1261 on: October 20, 2009, 06:11:28 PM
Interesting... ORGXIII members having their Hearts restored... Cool. :3

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1262 on: October 20, 2009, 06:23:20 PM
Well, that's good, right? Now if we can only find thier Heartless..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1263 on: October 22, 2009, 04:18:14 AM
Maybe they're all in a bar, waiting for Xehanort...or something.

Not only did I get the shape wrong, but I futzed Volcano, Burn, and Lava. That's what I get for only drawing them once.

When I first saw Xion's full-body artwork, I was disappointed that she didn't have a unique weapon. It occurred to me that no one in ORGXIII wields a hammer...

Her Limit Break would involve those giant nails. Remember Higurashi?

(Yes, I know that Xion's weapon is identical to Roxas's for a reason. No, I don't want to hear it yet.)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1265 on: October 23, 2009, 02:47:04 AM

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1266 on: October 23, 2009, 04:45:23 AM
seriously, just try and find a better way of gathering hearts.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1267 on: October 23, 2009, 05:03:09 AM
It is written "Only Key Blades can gather up hearts". :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1268 on: October 23, 2009, 05:07:06 AM
yeah well uh, [tornado fang] you ripping it out with a nail made of light particles is awesome.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1269 on: October 23, 2009, 05:22:36 AM
Very true on all levels. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1270 on: October 24, 2009, 04:10:57 AM
XD I'm sure it'd be a "we must not be seen!" rule violation and a half, though...

"Isn't it beautiful, Xion? One day, we'll obtain its power, and then nothing can stand in our way. We'll be whole."

"..."

Am I the only supporter of Larxene/Xion? :/ Background was incredibly half-assed, but not half-assing it would mean running my markers dry. :(

Not even the biting cold of the only continent untouched by humans can stop Megaman.

Has to do with an incident later in NINE (about 2030). That thing in the distance is Genna, a nation founded in 2015 or so by robots dissatisfied with life among humans. It failed miserably.

One battles the Heartless, the other the Dis-Souls/Unversed. (Despite that thing up there absolutely not being the Unversed emblem)

I simply had to draw this. 8D Bugs Bunny, noble trickster in whatever kingdom he's from, continues to not wear pants (I don't remember Bugs wearing pants in any of the shorts--lots of skirts, though). I don't remember if I ever wondered about there being an enemy attributed to souls back in '02, but at any rate, "Dis-Souls" was a theorized name for a third faction of nasties in KH. Dunno if the Unversed fit yet.

July 2, 2030, Earth: An unknown alien crash-lands in the Antarctic. She is identified as "Jenova", but she refuses to elaborate on her home planet or even species. Jenova is allowed to walk freely about the residential areas of the research institute she is taken to, until numerous staff and other "residents" come down with a disease that swiftly and painfully kills them. After Jenova is determined to be the cause, she is put into isolation.

September 14: Dr. Light and Megaman are invited to the institute, SHINRA; while there, they are taken to Jenova's quarters. Both men are unnerved by her presence, though they cannot explain why.

September 20: Eight robots, selected by Dr. Yuri Wily, begin a wide-scale attack, and Megaman is sent to stop them. He doesn't think much of Jenova during this period, though she will come back into his life very soon...

I've found two ways to cross FF7 into NINE. The first, "Final Fantasy VII" is a movie. Not a high-budget or well-known one, just a movie with a cult following. Its actors have moved on to other things.

Two, Mommy Jenova. (The aforementioned disease is Geostigma; it works a bit differently than in FF7AC, since Sephiroth is just a movie villain in NINE and his actor, Stephen Vernon, is a nice guy)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1271 on: October 24, 2009, 05:46:46 AM
XD I'm sure it'd be a "we must not be seen!" rule violation and a half, though...
hot blood and subtlety go along as well as smart and reckless.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1272 on: October 24, 2009, 08:49:27 AM
Hmm... Jenova... And Bugs? XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1273 on: October 24, 2009, 07:50:43 PM
That's right, Doc. :)

Thought I'd take a shot at Ariga's rendition of Breakman. Ariga Breakman is the sex. (That argument Zan and I got into about whether or not Ariga's mangas had canological value to the games? Not so much.)

Blagh, I've been off the Photoshopmobile too long.

(And before anyone says otherwise--Ariga's mangas are incompatible with the games. End of story. Quality =/= game canon.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1274 on: October 24, 2009, 08:10:32 PM
Your BreakMan drawing is the sex too, Gonzie.