Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3050 on: September 17, 2012, 06:42:05 AM
holy [parasitic bomb] you're back

Anyway, I beat Going Commando.
Then I played through again on challenge mode till the testing facility planet because I had gotten the RYNO 2, Carbonox Armor, and the Zodiac so the game considered itself finished and gave me the platinum.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3051 on: September 17, 2012, 07:01:13 AM
Amazing Island. It's fun.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3052 on: September 23, 2012, 10:56:14 PM
Shantae: Risky's Revenge 100% run. I rarely do these types of things, but because of how easily I can plow through it and found a good gem-grinding spot in the Desert Pass, to buy the upgrades for the Magic and Shantae's whipping speed.

Some Playstaion Plus freebies. They recently put up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, so I'm playing that. Lovin' it so far.

Freebies? Damn, wish I could afford a plus membership.  :\

Aaaand now:

Shantae 100% run clear. Total Time: 07:25:51. 2 of 4 Special End Credits Images acquired (One is Shantae's promo art and the other Risky Boots, I still need Rottytops and Shantae in swimsuit).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:11:35 PM by Gaia »

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3053 on: September 28, 2012, 03:55:02 PM
I've been playing some short games while waiting for RE6. Played Final Fight (arcade version, PS2 port) and the SNES Batman Returns.

Final Fight arcade is so hard, I wonder how much people spent to beat this back in the day. At only 2 lives per quarter, with those lives ending in as little as one mistimed combo, this thing must have been a gold mine for Capcom/arcade owners. Thankfully, the PS2 port has infinite continues.

Batman Returns is still awesome, but I suck against Catwoman. Really gotta learn how to fight her, lost 2 whole continues because of that b**** and got a game over at the final boss. Will get my revenge later!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3054 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:02 AM
Back to 9.0-ing Kid Icarus Uprising.  Man, I missed that game.  I expect relatively smooth sailing, save for Chapters 18 and 24...  *shudder*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3055 on: October 03, 2012, 07:18:32 AM
Rockman X2: Soul Eraser, why am I playing you?  You clearly aren't going to let me beat you without getting at least one piece of armor, you make Zero look like a pansy, and you took away my Quick Dash button from the first game. 

You're a monster.  T_T

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3056 on: October 03, 2012, 08:02:43 AM
Sonic Adventure 2 on PS3.

why did i rebuy this

[tornado fang]ing camera is worse than ever.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3057 on: October 04, 2012, 04:53:08 AM
Far Cry 2

Someone brought it into work with a bunch RTSes yesterday. Since used PC games tend to be.. inconsistent, each is only sold for two bucks, so I figured I'd nab this one myself. I'm having a fine time so far. Sneaking around in tall grass and flanking enemies is rather satisfying.

Also borrowed Gravity Rush. Quite liking it. Cerfainly has a unique charm.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3058 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:53 AM
So i've been playing more SA2 (Now "upgraded" to Battle), finished Hero Story, got all A ranks with Knuckles.

So, 2P alt costumes are already unlocked by default, still gotta unlock Karts though.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3059 on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:01 AM
Rockman X2: Soul Eraser, why am I playing you?  You clearly aren't going to let me beat you without getting at least one piece of armor, you make Zero look like a pansy, and you took away my Quick Dash button from the first game.  

You're a monster.  T_T
A true victory for gaming, is to make you realize you were wrong to oppose Soul Eraser in the first place.  To FORCE YOU to acknowledge its GREATNESS!!!
(Man, I've been watching too much Star Trek...)

Let me try that again: Zero is AWESOME, proper air dash momentum is AWESOME, Ultimate Buster is AWESOME, armor part slot exploit is AWESOME, Fish Fang is AWESOME, scramble change is AWESOME, and Iris makes any game better.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #3060 on: October 06, 2012, 05:14:43 AM
Oh yea, can't you get past that part with Scramble Change, JC?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3061 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:13 AM
At this point in the game, no.  Zero is inaccessible due to the two splitting up and taking separate paths to fight Berkana and Gareth individually. (I'm playing in X Mode, not Hard/Complete Mode.)

Edit: ..........  Well, [tornado fang].  You know that jump I was whining about?  Apparently, it is possible.  You have to scroll the screen over a little to activate the sprite object to scroll within your jumping range, but once you do, you can totally dash-jump to make that jump.  Without the dash boots.

... well.  I feel like an absolute fool now.

Edit 2: However...  The next section after that is, in fact, physically impossible to get through without the Dash Boots.  Unless you have a Bone Batton handy and have "Xtremely" good reflexes.  Hurr hurr hurr.  ...  Damn it.

Edit 3: Actually, nope.  It's still impossible.  So hah, I was right the first time!  Just... I wasn't right about the location.  x:

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3062 on: October 06, 2012, 06:26:29 AM
Can't you dash at the beginning of that game?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3063 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:11 AM
You can.  The dash boots just let you air-dash.  However air-dashing is *FAR* more useful in Xtreme2 than it is in, say, the PS1 games, both because the GBC actually handles the air dash physics better, and because there is no single-button dash on the ground.  You can still double-tap to dash jump, though, as well as the "slide" input of Down+B if you intend to stay grounded.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3064 on: October 06, 2012, 08:50:55 AM
Can't you jump out of it regardless

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3065 on: October 06, 2012, 10:30:04 AM

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3066 on: October 06, 2012, 03:35:27 PM
I haven't done the whole "physics exploit research" thing with Xtreme2 that I have with X6, but I can very clearly see Barrier use to wall-kick off of the death traps at the bottom of that shaft, and you gripping the wall when you reach the top.  EXTREMELY difficult to time correctly, but it looks do-able to me.  I'll have to try that sometime.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3067 on: October 06, 2012, 07:37:28 PM
Again, nope.

- With the traps at the bottom of the area, I used the invincibility frames to jump as high as I could up there and land on the highest not-quite-a-platform platform I could, then jumped to the hovering lift.
- The trap in the middle of the area will normally kill you despite appearing to be a platform you can stand on normally.
- Due to how the "death spikes" are set up, it's impossible to get far enough away from the wall while wall-jumping to get any vertical movement.  If I had a foothold at the very top of the shaft, that jump would only be a matter of getting thumped by a Bone Batton.

But actually, I would love to be proved wrong.  And I'm serious when I say that.  Beating this game without armor would be a pretty big accomplishment, in my book.  X3

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3068 on: October 06, 2012, 09:54:36 PM
I am currently playing Bionic Commando. Just got to the last set of levels. Working on landing on a moving platform in Area 10.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3069 on: October 07, 2012, 05:53:39 AM
Breaked from Kid Icarus long enough to beat the Par times on the extra Mighty Switch Force courses.  Hm, you'd think they could have thrown in extra art or something for that.  Oh well.

Now back to those pirates and krakens...

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3070 on: October 07, 2012, 03:46:44 PM
I'm playing RE6, which is like... a movie... that you... sort of... play...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3071 on: October 07, 2012, 03:51:58 PM
Pokemon Black 2.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3072 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:26 AM
Pokemon Black 2.
HEY

stop playing what I'm playing

also Dream Radar.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3073 on: October 08, 2012, 03:17:00 AM
Got to area 12 in Bionic Commando. Holy [parasitic bomb] this game is hard. Harder than Strider NES? Not sure. But pretty soon I'll have beaten them both. :D

Archer

Reply #3074 on: October 08, 2012, 03:29:05 AM
Pokemon Black 2.
stop playing what I'm playing

Screw you guys, it's not even out here for another three days.